PDA

View Full Version : I wish I could leave comments on people's shops...

Zio
Nov 29, 2006, 09:43 AM
So I could tell them how retarded they are.

When I search for a shop I expect prices to be below that of NPCs. I'm really tired of going to shops and seeing im-photons for 500 meseta and mot wood for 400.

Don't put in your ad "LoL CHEAP PRICES!111" If you're selling par ash for 5000 meseta.

Sychosis
Nov 29, 2006, 09:44 AM
Agreed. They need that, a shop blacklist, and a way to exclude boards from searches.

Magician
Nov 29, 2006, 09:46 AM
I'm still confused as to how shops are "recommended" and appear on the "recommend shops" search list.

Alpha-Hunter
Nov 29, 2006, 09:49 AM
I would really like teh option to see what people baught from my shop and how much eash transaction was. as well as a total for the current day that I access them. just a day to day log would do.

Oxidation
Nov 29, 2006, 09:54 AM
omg yes i said that to my friend the first day i started browsing shops. No i don't want your item for 999999999 or 13371337 mesesta you asshat. And the people that sell 1 star items for 5 times the price of the npc, wtf is that??? gtfo here. Please o PLEASE gimme a suggestion box or message option.

Tahldon
Nov 29, 2006, 09:57 AM
If you are unaware.. Try this for brainfood..

Some people put items (synth items most often than not) in their shops for crazy prices so that when you search, you'll stumble upon their shop. You won't buy -that- item, but you might buy something else. That's IF you actually look through their other wares.

All in all.. it's just bait to lure you in to buy something else in their shop.

I don't do this of course, but I've come to realize the tactic.

Zarbolord
Nov 29, 2006, 10:02 AM
>> it's pretty pathetic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Merumeru
Nov 29, 2006, 10:02 AM
wish everytime i went into a shop that overpriced crap, i could walk into their room and vandalize their shit XD screw comments, time to go to Ikea, bitch~

Oxidation
Nov 29, 2006, 10:03 AM
^ lol

Katrina
Nov 29, 2006, 10:26 AM
I don't know why some ppl think by luring someone in with an item, then listing it at 99999999, people are actually gonna browse the rest of their wares. It's frustrating enough searching shops one by one, let alone hitting the 99999999 bandits. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

The only thing that accomplishes is a burning desire to slowly grind the heel of my stiletto into the shopkeeper's head. (although some ppl are into that sort of thing... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif )

Akaimizu
Nov 29, 2006, 11:06 AM
Ouch, that sounds painful.

AndrewLD16
Nov 29, 2006, 11:08 AM
I here ya. I get more pissed at the people that try and sell nanocarbons for 5k than when they have it set at 9999999.

Zio
Nov 29, 2006, 11:12 AM
If I go to a shop and see the item I want overpriced, I just leave. I rarely browse over any other items they have to sell, and most of the time that crap is overpriced as well.

Jasam
Nov 29, 2006, 11:26 AM
I'm still having nightmares from when I thought I would get Harnium from a player shop instead of walking the the coleny synth shop....

I ended up looking at 10 shops, ALL over the NPC price of 100....

And no one is going to over-price Harnium to lure people in...

ZodiacNKnight
Nov 29, 2006, 01:29 PM
On 2006-11-29 06:49, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
I would really like teh option to see what people baught from my shop and how much eash transaction was. as well as a total for the current day that I access them. just a day to day log would do.

Pencil + Paper = Problem Solved

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2006-11-29 10:32 ]</font>

Turambar
Nov 29, 2006, 01:30 PM
Gamotite is just as bad.....

But really, how do you recommend a shop? I've actually had shops on the "recommended shops" list a long time ago, but never again since then.

Candor
Nov 29, 2006, 01:35 PM
A more simple way would be if visitors could vote +/- to either raise or lower a stores rating. Said rating would be next to name of shop or whatever

Ronzeru
Nov 29, 2006, 01:37 PM
Mpst oeple set items at the max selling price to just show off they have'em. People do that in their bazaars in FF11.

Bast
Nov 29, 2006, 01:38 PM
I just wish I could search by item and price range.

Tycho
Nov 29, 2006, 01:41 PM
This would fail due to the factionalism promoted by Blue Burst and the official forums I think. (Yeah, I really do like this terminology for scapegoating purposes, don't I?)

Blu_Swade
Nov 29, 2006, 01:42 PM
On 2006-11-29 07:26, Pixiesugar wrote:
I don't know why some ppl think by luring someone in with an item, then listing it at 99999999, people are actually gonna browse the rest of their wares. It's frustrating enough searching shops one by one, let alone hitting the 99999999 bandits. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

The only thing that accomplishes is a burning desire to slowly grind the heel of my stiletto into the shopkeeper's head. (although some ppl are into that sort of thing... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif )

Funny, my stiletto doesn't have a heel... *stares at the pommel of a dagger* oh! the shoe! I get it! XD

To the point, I'm sure that'll be annoying when I get online... But I shan't get shoes named after daggers involved, especially since I lack a stiletto of either type (and the shoes less likely)XD
When I get online I'm so gonna set up shop! Synthed weapons on the cheap! Come on down to Cooper's! ^__^
(Can't wait)

Nailuj
Nov 29, 2006, 01:44 PM
On 2006-11-29 10:37, Ronzeru wrote:
Mpst oeple set items at the max selling price to just show off they have'em. People do that in their bazaars in FF11.

Ya its just a form of showing off that they have that item...question: is it safe to put your stuff into the shared storage box in your room? I've been hearing weird bugs about people finding things missing in that shared box.

fay
Nov 29, 2006, 01:56 PM
just curious about this. i dont have the game yet but will have it within a couple of days.

is mesata realy hard to get or somethin. i know in pso i had unreal amounts of it

if its like pso i wouldnt realy mind about spending 5k coz i get that in a fraction of a run

Katrina
Nov 29, 2006, 02:02 PM
I still don't understand the logic behind ppl putting items in just for show. It's a shop. Ppl come to buy, not oggle over what you have.

That's like me placing an add in the paper "car for sale", specifying the make and model. Then waiting for some poor guy looking for that specific car to come to my home to buy it, and saying "Look at my car, it's exactly what you were looking for!" "Unfortunately it's not for sale". "But I'm sure you enjoyed coming all the way here to look at it!"

Alpha-Hunter
Nov 29, 2006, 02:03 PM
what is this, D&D? I'm not running a family owned ma and pa shop. this is a video game, and the only one in recent time that I can remember where you don't have a log of what you sell and how much you make...

On 2006-11-29 10:29, ZodiacNKnight wrote:

On 2006-11-29 06:49, Alpha-Hunter wrote:

Pencil + Paper = Problem Solved

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2006-11-29 10:32 ]</font>

Zato-2TWO
Nov 29, 2006, 02:09 PM
I heard that you'll see people with 99999999 priced items because they've got 99-stacks of the item on their PM and shared bank and need to hold the extra stacks somewhere other than on their person, so they put them in the store at 99999999 so no one will buy them.

drmcst45
Nov 29, 2006, 02:10 PM
it'd be best if they had a search option for prices as well.

Search: Marseline
Price: < 1000

Katrina
Nov 29, 2006, 02:17 PM
Search by price would have definitely been the way to go.

I don't have many complaints about the game, and love playing PSU, but the auction and search system are just plain blah http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif

AlMcFly
Nov 29, 2006, 02:20 PM
Ha, since day 1 of the "shop owning craze" I've wanted shops to have suggestion boxes. I love it when the owner is chilling in there when I happen to come through because then I bash the hell out of them if they are overpriced.

Ravennittes
Nov 29, 2006, 02:24 PM
Solution: Go to shops like mine (like 20% of NPC prices, though hard to keep anything in the store) and write the people down. Only go to those shops if at all possible.

Akaimizu
Nov 29, 2006, 02:25 PM
Sometimes you get lucky and know a person who typically has an 80% markdown from the NPC prices. Of course, the bad part of that luck is that they are almost always out of stock. People kill that inventory fast.

Ravennittes
Nov 29, 2006, 02:42 PM
Tell me about it man... Even if I play all day I can't keep it filled -.-'. But, I believe that it's what all the people in PSU deserve, so I give it to them. Since I started my store, I've seen many people take my pricing system on a few things. I think it's all good as long as newbs can get their supplies cheaply so they can do well.

Rooroo
Nov 29, 2006, 02:45 PM
If I see something in the ads along the lines of "cheapest price guaranteed, lower than NPC, etc.", I just skip those shops. The ones actually worth a visit are those who list price directly in ads, and the ones who lists what they sells, but doesn't go out of their way to claim being 'cheapest'.

The way I see it, the people who really sell stuff don't need to resort to petty advertisement tricks; inventory will move when priced low. The shops that go around claiming 'cheap price, good deals, etc', most of those are probably doing it because they couldn't get enough sales, which in itself it probably due to inflated price. There are exceptions as always, but this is the general trend I see...

Reiichi
Nov 29, 2006, 02:56 PM
I find it hilarious when shop ads have prices above the NPC.

Very very very few people list items at 999999999 because they are saving them. There are also very very very few people who list items at 99999999 because they are looking for a trade. People in FFXI would do that since the auction house would carry a tax.

The shop system needs a lot of work, and I really would like to blacklist some shops. Although a public system of rating could be subject to abuse, a personal rating that you give a shop like a number 1-5 like your buddy list would allow you to filter out the lame ones. Pencil/paper takes too long, so I just make a mental note on the names of crappy shops for now.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 1, 2006, 01:53 PM
I'd make people close their shop, if I was able to comment them. Seroiusly, it's not thathard to make it appeal to players. You just got to know what to put out. Item searches do help when your competing against other shops for that item your trying to sell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-12-01 10:54 ]</font>

SonicTMP
Dec 1, 2006, 02:19 PM
asnd thus the player run shops fail. Really now, can they just copy the wow auction system and be done with it. It aint perfect but you'd solve 80% of the problems we have here.

Whats awesome is everything is gonna skyrocket come the time of the next update cause everyone will have TONS of money from grinding away and will be willing to shell out the meseta to get upgrades now. ><