PDA

View Full Version : A glimpse of what's to come in JP PSU

EspioKaos
Nov 29, 2006, 12:52 PM
SOURCE: Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/061129a.html)

With the release of Perfect Bible in Japan, a short rough outline of what's to come in the Japanese version of PSU over the next four months has surfaced. Apparently, this schedule is published within the book.

Beginning of December
* Story Mission - Ch.17: Valley of Suspicion
* Seasonal Event - Christmas

Middle of December
* Seasonal Event - Famitsu Cup
* Story Mission - Ch.18: TBA
* Free Missions

End of December
* Story Mission - Ch.19: TBA
* Seasonal Event - New Year

January 2007
* Story Mission - Ch.20: TBA
* Story Mission - Ch.21: TBA
* Free Missions
* Seasonal Event - Snow

February 2007
* Free Missions - Flame SEED Attack
* Story Mission - Ch.22: TBA
* Seasonal Event - Valentine's Day

March 2007
* Seasonal Event - White Day

MayLee
Nov 29, 2006, 12:55 PM
No clothes? No support techs? Ah oh well..

EspioKaos
Nov 29, 2006, 12:57 PM
On 2006-11-29 09:55, MayLee wrote:
Oh, I'm sure there will be; they just weren't mentioned as SonicTeam probably haven't decided on which ones they'll release next. As each update nears, we'll see more detailed info on the official JP site.

Tekershee
Nov 29, 2006, 12:58 PM
I really doubt clothes and support techs wont appear. The outline seems to be mainly for big changes whereas clothes etc are all quite small..

Cross
Nov 29, 2006, 01:03 PM
Jeez, Chapter 22. So basically by early April, online Story Mode is going to be bigger than offline Story Mode.

Maybe PSU US will have Expert Types by then!

Ryna
Nov 29, 2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the update EspioKaos. I'm looking forward to seeing this content on the NA servers.

Ryna
Nov 29, 2006, 01:17 PM
On 2006-11-29 10:03, Cross wrote:
Jeez, Chapter 22. So basically by early April, online Story Mode is going to be bigger than offline Story Mode.

Maybe PSU US will have Expert Types by then!

For the people that want to complain about the perceived lack of content on the NA/EU servers, start a topic in the Rants forum. This thread is for discussing the upcoming JP content additions.

Tomeeboy
Nov 29, 2006, 01:23 PM
This seems to be just a listing of planned upcoming seasonal events and mission releases, so I'm sure there are a number of other gameplay additions that are not highlighted here.

AngelLight
Nov 29, 2006, 01:27 PM
No surprise that they have already found corporate sponsorship thru Famitsu. Famitsu has always been a huge supporter of PS games.

Now, here's the question we should be asking...do you think that SoA will manage to pull off another PSO:BB sponsorship drive with Yahoo or AOL or new blood? It might not be as easy as before since BB was PC only and thus easier to market to those company's marketing depts.

It's an interesting possibility for Sega to make up some costs they might of lost out on from the lower expected player turnout.

Ryna
Nov 29, 2006, 01:32 PM
On 2006-11-29 10:27, AngelLight wrote:
It's an interesting possibility for Sega to make up some costs they might of lost out on from the lower expected player turnout.

Based on the item lists I've seen, Sega has created an in-game EGM Magazine FO wand. Given that, there is a decent chance we'll see some sponsored event over here.

EDIT: I wonder if any of the JP BB players got mad because they never received the Yahoo! mag?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-11-29 10:33 ]</font>

AngelLight
Nov 29, 2006, 01:35 PM
Oh the game mag is coming back huh? Any idea what cover page they're going to use this time? (or is it just unconfirmed but rumored?)

Cross
Nov 29, 2006, 01:36 PM
On 2006-11-29 10:17, Ryna wrote:
For the people that want to complain about the perceived lack of content on the NA/EU servers, start a topic in the Rants forum. This thread is for discussing the upcoming JP content additions.

Oh, I was just being glib here. More expressing surprise at how much they've manage to get up on the servers in the first half year of the game's life, compared to the, uhh... 'humble beginnings'.

Ryna
Nov 29, 2006, 01:40 PM
On 2006-11-29 10:35, AngelLight wrote:
Oh the game mag is coming back huh? Any idea what cover page they're going to use this time? (or is it just unconfirmed but rumored?)

We know the magazines exist (see here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=128425&forum=20)) and the EGM magazine is one of them. Beyond that, I'm not sure who will be on the cover.

AngelLight
Nov 29, 2006, 01:57 PM
hmmm very interesting. Thanks for the heads up Ryna. I noticed that some threads got merged there as well.

As for the Yahoo mag and the JP players....well all I did was ask a JP friend of mine to do the simple quest for the original Famitsu mag on the original DC version and poof there it was. Made a great conversation piece ^_^....so if a JP player really wanted it, well they might want to take a cue from what I did and follow suit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ravennittes
Nov 29, 2006, 02:45 PM
I wish they'd do this for us NA/EU people. I'd like to know when the updates will come instead of having to guess...

Kanore
Nov 29, 2006, 02:47 PM
These (the ones listed) are probably gonna start hitting us either January or February if we're 'sticking to Japan's schedule.'

Itsuki
Nov 29, 2006, 02:59 PM
On 2006-11-29 09:55, MayLee wrote:

Theres only a couple support techs left to add. And they usually sneak in the clothes.

TwilightSea
Nov 29, 2006, 09:40 PM
It would be nice if Sega/ST gave a list of what's to come up for US/EU people but they won't give us said list because to them, we're garbage.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 29, 2006, 09:57 PM
So, if they are getting Christmas Event added in at the start of December, I guess it's a safe bet we ain't getting it at all. haha yay.

And their up to chp17? Dear lord.

Parn
Nov 29, 2006, 10:00 PM
When they say "Chapter 17", I think they really meant Chapter 5, Episode II. And so forth.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 29, 2006, 10:25 PM
As far as I know JP just got the main support techs last update, or the one before that.

Choja
Nov 29, 2006, 10:36 PM
I see I see. Does the Perfect PSU Bible also have weapon scehmatics (and other pointless, yet fun to know stuff)? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Arieta
Nov 30, 2006, 04:08 AM
Well the outline for NA updates is pretty easy though. This is how it would look if we got a NA perfect bible.

December - January
* A update might occur
* No seasonal Events

February - March
* Chapter 1 story mission now added!
* Seasonal Event - Sunny days
* Expert classes released!

Rainey
Nov 30, 2006, 04:16 AM
I wonder when we'll get our first seasonal event. I'm hoping there's one for christmas =

nefarious
Nov 30, 2006, 04:30 AM
Gotta love missing Halloween for the NA release.

Nothing like skipping a large comercial holiday celebrated by probably close to a billion people, or at least some outrageous number like 500million, and probably at least 50% of the PSU population at the time...

Yep yep, good ole SoA giving it's players what they want.

Anyway.

If I get a bikini this Thursday, I'll be happy.

Arieta
Nov 30, 2006, 05:59 AM
Swimsuits arn't released on this update, it's not until a later one.

Alisha
Nov 30, 2006, 06:15 AM
i thought extra classes and chapter 1 were released on the same update for jp.

Vhex
Nov 30, 2006, 08:41 AM
On 2006-11-30 01:08, Arieta wrote:
Well the outline for NA updates is pretty easy though. This is how it would look if we got a NA perfect bible.

December - January
* A update might occur
* No seasonal Events

February - March
* Chapter 1 story mission now added!
* Seasonal Event - Sunny days
* Expert classes released!

I lol'd.

May- April
* 1 New C rank mission added!
* Seasonal Event - Server Repairs
* Guardeon's Licience new price! - 11 USD a month
BONZAI!!!!!

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 09:07 AM
*sigh* just drive the knife deeper into my heart SOJ....

drmcst45
Nov 30, 2006, 11:06 AM
lol 1 new C-rank
we got screwed hard by Sonic Team

Witchblade56
Nov 30, 2006, 02:08 PM
lol ok lastnight i chatted with some of my friends about the discussion of an upcoming patch tonight/tomorrow. They responded with "Well its not announced on 1up, so i doubt that it will happen." to which i said "I don't think the last one was either?"

My question i pose is this: Will there indeed be an update tonight/tomorrow morning? And if so where are people getting the info? Is it based on the release date timelines in Japan?

I'm not impatient by any means i've been busying myself skilling up PAs and capping levels on two of my characters.

If it comes tonight w00t if not I still have things id lie to accomplish prior to this update http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif [finishing my armor mag is one of them too]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-11-30 11:09 ]</font>

EphekZ
Nov 30, 2006, 02:19 PM
On 2006-11-29 10:40, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-11-29 10:35, AngelLight wrote:

We know the magazines exist (see here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=128425&forum=20)) and the EGM magazine is one of them. Beyond that, I'm not sure who will be on the cover.

ryna, you cant tell? It's ethan and someone else( I think karen).