PDA

View Full Version : Offline extra mode

Roy-Mustang
Nov 29, 2006, 01:26 PM
The offline extra mode has C, B, A and S difficulties modes?

Cry0
Nov 29, 2006, 01:33 PM
no

Roy-Mustang
Nov 29, 2006, 01:50 PM
Ok so here is my final question I just wanna advices please because I still don't know what to do:

1. I can't go online yet because of my location and I think maybe never can, I don't know if someday ST will let LA able to go online in PSU. For playing PSU I have to buy either ps2 or x360 because pc hasn't arrived yet here, Or just buy it by ebay or amazon with a credit card and bring it in pc version. Anyway I don't know if I should do any of the last things, I really REALLY want to play the game, it looks incredible cool and fun, but offline story and extra seem insufficient reason to buy the game, assuming that I won't be able to go online. Even with PSOBB I wasn't able to play because my location.

What to do? the advices I hope is like a description of offline mode and if you really can get fun playing ONLY it, the guides don't give advices, but players can really tell me theirs experiences and advices, since they are players.

Ryna
Nov 29, 2006, 01:56 PM
Story and Extra modes are fun, but it won't take you much time to see all of the content in them. The real heart of this game is in online mode.

Is there a block in effect that prevents you from registering a Guardians License from your location?

Roy-Mustang
Nov 29, 2006, 01:59 PM
My country does not appear in registration, so my billing adress doesn't match with any country. I don't know if I can register with a country near to mine, because I have the VISA card and everything.

Ryna
Nov 29, 2006, 02:01 PM
On 2006-11-29 10:59, Roy-Mustang wrote:
My country does not appear in registration, so my billing adress doesn't match with any country. I don't know if I can register with a country near to mine, because I have the VISA card and everything.

I know several European players provided falsified location information so they could play PSU version early. While I wouldn't advocate using that method, you may want to think about using it.

Roy-Mustang
Nov 29, 2006, 02:03 PM
Yea, I'm a little tired because none in DC, or GC-Xbox, or BB I was able to go online because that, even If I have the resources... i'm a little sad about that.

Akaimizu
Nov 29, 2006, 02:13 PM
Offline doesn't have the C, B, A, S difficulty modes, but in Extra Mode, they basically have various quests you can't take without being of a sufficient level and power to beat them. So in a way, the level requirements for a mission sort of dictate what you can call a C, B, A, or S category.

There's a good amount of cool stuff to see in Extra mode, but I like to think of it as a great Online companion, as well. This is because advances, levelling, and certain cool items and weapon drops come at a much faster rate in Extra Mode. Now it does take a pretty good amount of hours to finish just one character in Extra mode, but you do see a lot of stuff fast. A great way to test out how you feel about a character build, sample different weapons and lots of techniques (plenty of which aren't online yet) to see what kind of characters you might want to bring online.

Also, it does give you a taste of possible skill/tech learning plans for the play style you want (some of them available online, and some of them available in a future update). So, for instance, while you can't play a true Buff/Debuff style of Force or GunTecher (etc) online yet. You can actually raise up a character like that, in extra mode, and see if it suits your style for when it becomes available.