PDA

View Full Version : Beast: ProTip for Beast Fo's

panzer_unit
Nov 29, 2006, 02:04 PM
Plz make sure the group has an alternate healer before you use your red nanoblast and leap into the jaws of some huge monster.

AngelLight
Nov 29, 2006, 02:10 PM
LOL...QFT

To be honest, as a FO, you should be using Purple Nano instead of red.....or at the very least the blue one.

Vhex
Nov 29, 2006, 03:13 PM
On 2006-11-29 11:10, AngelLight wrote:
LOL...QFT

To be honest, as a FO, you should be using Purple Nano instead of red.....or at the very least the blue one.

No, than you'll just be dead weight. As a FO, you'll need the Red nanoblast to actually deal damage to the enemy.

panzer_unit
Nov 29, 2006, 03:25 PM
On 2006-11-29 12:13, Vhex wrote:
No, than you'll just be dead weight. As a FO, you'll need the Red nanoblast to actually deal damage to the enemy.

Do nano forms go off of base character level stats, or include job rank modifiers? Either way, red nano is retardeddangerous to use for Beast FO's.

Suppose all nanos are the same stats no matter your job: Reds tend to take damage really fast, and with the possibility that you just pulled the team's only healer... hmm, that sounds stupid. Yellow or Blue will do less awesome damage but you won't end up at death's door taking a bunch of hits if it happens that you have nobody covering your butt.

Suppose nanos are based on job stats: now you've got EVEN WORSE defense than the usual Red beast who's already barely holding it together, and top it off with the game's worst ATA. GFL hitting something. The ATA/EVP form (blue?) can at least connect and do the juggles and stuff to be useful, plus skyrocketing their already high Force EVP to near-invincibility.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2006-11-29 12:35 ]</font>

Authenticate
Nov 29, 2006, 03:30 PM
You should add that they should only use Red if they know what the heck they're doing. I've seen more Red nanos get stomped within 5-10 seconds of transforming than anything else.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 03:34 PM
I hate the Red form all together. That's why I use Zeed.

________
WATERBONGS (http://glassbongs.org/)

Merumeru
Nov 29, 2006, 03:36 PM
XD theres no green form so i have no choice

Zarbolord
Nov 29, 2006, 03:39 PM
I'll go purple, but as I'm gonna train her to wartecher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

AngelLight
Nov 29, 2006, 03:44 PM
Honestly, as a FO you should already be doing good damage with Offensive techs (not super huge like newmans, but still you're still able to do consistant damage if you're a good force).....Red Nano now puts you in melee range with a FOs DEF and a lower then normal HP count of the average red nano and no techs offense or defense. correct me if I'm wrong but this seems counter productive.

For a FO I see nanos as a way to cover yourself in a bad situation, which does happen to even the best parties. Purple is an IWIN button basically...think of it as like a WoW Pally's Bubble. If you can't die, then you can do things like resituate yourself, let someone else pull aggro off you, and otherwise get yourself ready to pop something out instantly (an emergency heal or megiverse self heal life leech as examples). In no way am I saying that a beast fo is only good for healing by saying a red nano isn't the best choice. However, It's not usually in any force's best interest to be in melee range for very long unless they have a way to cover themselves (a strong enough Gi spell to keep flinching going while you pull out or a PA that can break groups away from you).

If you must be in melee range however, and I'm sure there are occasions why this might be needed, at least have your overall defensive stats built up by going blue so that at least you wont be one shotted or critically wounded. Ideally, I'd say Purple, but if you really want to mix it up, at least go blue and dont die as easily.

Of course, as the OP said....if you are in fact the only force in the group make sure everyone is ready on mates in case of trouble. Give at least a little warning ahead of time so that everyone is on the same page. I do believe however that the OP might of been implying healbotting which I dont encourage as a general way to only play a force.....but then again there is no shame in being able to keep ppl alive and still impress ppl with high dmg numbers....and ppl will demonize you till the end of time if someone dies while you're meleeing in nano form (assuming the person who died isn't stupid Rambo-Hunter, in which case he or she prolly deserved it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Zarbolord
Nov 29, 2006, 03:55 PM
I totally agree http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Pentence
Nov 29, 2006, 04:24 PM
As a fo beast from dang near day one allow me to give insight.The nano forms all have stats based on your current eqquipment and class stats,that is to say your line shield does add to it.It does not take into account weapons equiped as they become unequiped once transformed.Finaly from the very begining i knew red was a pish posh form at best as it would be most apealing but with no way to heal in it not as good against tougher enemys.Thusly i chose the indigo form(also just happens to turn out it matches my character quite nicely).In a boss fight there is nothing better all them lil red 0s poping up and i have yet to see any damage above the double didgits in that form.Since you wont flinch it also alows you to continue the onslought.

The thing is tho as a fobeast and maybe the only one in a party you do need to consider what condistions your transforming in(this also applys to any beasts in any situation it CAN do more harm than good).So before you go and "pwn me some fugly mother fu#%$" take a look at the conditions.Enemys wont overwhel the group right off ok good.Next even if this does happen your power atack can knock em away and lossen up the group.If they are hard to knock round then its not a good idea to nano till some damage is done already.Finaly health yours and the groups if your fobeast heal once een if a few minor injurys abound.Now if it all checks out and things look good go for it pwn away my furry friends.

KG
Nov 29, 2006, 04:38 PM
Well, I myself have my own FOBeast and I do have the "Red" nano on him..yes it doesn't dodge a lot of attacks but..it does do considerable damage to bosses IF used right. Now I know most people are thinking, why? what is the point when the invincible one or the ATA and EVP one can do so much better? I'll tell you, it does do a high amount of damage to BOSSES it does less damage to the mobs, but in a boss battle for some reason it is AWESOME. I've done OMG2 A rank runs numerous times with my FOBeast, in a full team ofcourse, and i do the near the same damage with it as I would if I were HU, so truly it all depends on what the person who picks the nanoblast really likes be it defense,evasion and accuracy,power, or invincibility.

panzer_unit
Nov 29, 2006, 04:51 PM
Like I said originally, do whatever you want if the rest of the team has healing covered one way or another. Just keep in mind that you're both leaving the team without your healing abilities and putting yourself in the way of serious harm when your force goes Red.

E.g. the force who nanoblasted in a tough fight last night and nearly died because nobody else could quickly pull a star atomizer.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 29, 2006, 04:52 PM
Hi, I have red nano form, and I've only died in it once.

As a Wartecher.

To Bil De Vear's spin attack.

On A rank.

At level 35.

Thank you.

Vhex
Nov 29, 2006, 04:57 PM
On 2006-11-29 13:52, -Shimarisu- wrote:

As a Wartecher.

On A rank.

At level 35.

Thank you.

Exactly. If you can't go without heals for 50 seconds you suck.

Also Nanoblast is generally useless for force if you aren't interested in getting in the "Melee" area. What will you do as nanoblast that disables your technics? Attack melee? Yes. And you'll suck at doing this if you don't have the ATP of the red nanoblast. You'll just be crippling yourself for 50/30 seconds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vhex on 2006-11-29 14:00 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Nov 29, 2006, 05:08 PM
On 2006-11-29 13:52, -Shimarisu- wrote:

As a Wartecher.

On A rank.

At level 35.

Thank you.

Lady: I've never been so insulted in my life.
Man: The night's still young.

Pentence
Nov 29, 2006, 05:14 PM
Well my whole point isnt about the forms persay its more about how they are used.The point of it is this,dont nano in a bad situation.

Also on another note IMO pow form is best used by expereinced players.It seems to me that its a good choice but only once you have mastered it realy.

_Deliverance_
Nov 29, 2006, 05:17 PM
On 2006-11-29 12:44, AngelLight wrote:
Honestly, as a FO you should already be doing good damage with Offensive techs (not super huge like newmans, but still you're still able to do consistant damage if you're a good force).....Red Nano now puts you in melee range with a FOs DEF and a lower then normal HP count of the average red nano and no techs offense or defense. correct me if I'm wrong but this seems counter productive.

For a FO I see nanos as a way to cover yourself in a bad situation, which does happen to even the best parties. Purple is an IWIN button basically...think of it as like a WoW Pally's Bubble. If you can't die, then you can do things like resituate yourself, let someone else pull aggro off you, and otherwise get yourself ready to pop something out instantly (an emergency heal or megiverse self heal life leech as examples). In no way am I saying that a beast fo is only good for healing by saying a red nano isn't the best choice. However, It's not usually in any force's best interest to be in melee range for very long unless they have a way to cover themselves (a strong enough Gi spell to keep flinching going while you pull out or a PA that can break groups away from you).

If you must be in melee range however, and I'm sure there are occasions why this might be needed, at least have your overall defensive stats built up by going blue so that at least you wont be one shotted or critically wounded. Ideally, I'd say Purple, but if you really want to mix it up, at least go blue and dont die as easily.

Of course, as the OP said....if you are in fact the only force in the group make sure everyone is ready on mates in case of trouble. Give at least a little warning ahead of time so that everyone is on the same page. I do believe however that the OP might of been implying healbotting which I dont encourage as a general way to only play a force.....but then again there is no shame in being able to keep ppl alive and still impress ppl with high dmg numbers....and ppl will demonize you till the end of time if someone dies while you're meleeing in nano form (assuming the person who died isn't stupid Rambo-Hunter, in which case he or she prolly deserved it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Nah, he wasn't implying "healbotting". I run missions with Jagdpanzer a lot. I think the point he's getting at, is that having a Fo in the party is usually a safety net. A beast going rednano in a difficult fight is both unnecessary, and risky.

waluigi1
Nov 29, 2006, 05:19 PM
I've never seen anyone with Indigo Nanoblast...

Eternal_Drake
Nov 29, 2006, 05:27 PM
Options for playing a FoBE.
1. Play a wartecher.
2. Change to hunter.
3. Delete your chatacter.

Kie
Nov 29, 2006, 07:17 PM
lol gimps ftw

Garnet_Moon
Nov 29, 2006, 07:35 PM
Your NB does alot more damage if you're a Hunter than a Force. Why in the hell would you use NB when people need healing anyway? What're you gonna do, tickle it to death?

Pentence
Nov 29, 2006, 08:40 PM
On 2006-11-29 16:35, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Your NB does alot more damage if you're a Hunter than a Force. Why in the hell would you use NB when people need healing anyway? What're you gonna do, tickle it to death?

In my def nano form ,with my atp up equiped,i can do as much damage as many of the non beast hunters of same lvl.Albeit not as much as the ones with oposing elemental weps.With the number of hit per second and the well over 200 damage im dishing out on average i think it works just fine.

You all must take into account that a smart fobeast knows how to compensate.An inteligent player can take a bad situation and turn the tide.The old adege works well here"only in knowing ones weaknesses can one come to truly understand ones strengths".

Eternal_Drake
Nov 29, 2006, 08:47 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:40, Pentence wrote:

In my def nano form ,with my atp up equiped,i can do as much damage as many of the non beast hunters of same lvl.Albeit not as much as the ones with oposing elemental weps.With the number of hit per second and the well over 200 damage im dishing out on average i think it works just fine.

You all must take into account that a smart fobeast knows how to compensate.An inteligent player can take a bad situation and turn the tide.The old adege works well here"only in knowing ones weaknesses can one come to truly understand ones strengths".

If I was in a party, I would rather a force healing me than him turning into a nb with the damage of a mediocre hunter. Even with what you said nanoblast is still useless without another force, unless you are on an easy mission.

Pentence
Nov 29, 2006, 09:06 PM
Well that sounds more like an opinon than a fact.Also i would like to point out that i did state earlier that the right situation is a major part in effectiveness. But the only way to truly bring closure to this debate is facts.I will go and calculate my atp in hu type,then in fo.Also i will double check my damage to same enemys in nano in each type.

Then i think we will have a answer to at least one question.

AngelLight
Nov 30, 2006, 10:32 AM
I stand by my original stance....Forces are not Healbots but having a heal on demand is a big help. To that end I see a nano as a way to protect yourself as opposed to a different damage source.

On the other hand, if you are able to make it work for you and the game in question and make it work to success, then more power to you. Honestly, I can't see a reason to exclude anyone just on the basis of the color of their fur, unless they do something truly stupid. If it works, I personally dont have a problem with it. Just make sure everyone is on the same page with you is all.

Doh42
Nov 30, 2006, 12:01 PM
Grove of the fanatics, a FO casting spells on a wave of fanatics mages? Useless.
A FO changing into naboblast and air-juggling 4 fanatic mages? Priceless.

Situational? Yes. Useless? No. Nanoblast on a FOFurl allows him to deal physical damage when his already weak magical damage is blocked by, for instance, a spell-resistant monster.

Remember, there's one side; the efficiency, and there's another side, the player's interest. If a player LOVEs playing FO but also loves to dish melee damage, nanoblast will allow him to "get back into the fray" a bit, then go back to his magical usual self. What's the problem with that?

Of course, you might not WANT him to do it, but it's not about you, it's about how HE want to play his game.

I played FO to 10 on my beast, I nanoblasted once or twice per mission. Sometimes, people would die during that time (and I felt bad about it), I felt the simple fact of changing was jinxing us, but the point remains, my teammates all have dimates/trimates, and they all see the yellow giant kitten, so they can heal themselves a bit. But sometimes, they would get stunned/frozen, and no one would use a star/sol atomizer to save them... Should I be the one to take the blame, or the 4 other hunters who didn't do anything to save him, since I wasn't able to, for 40 seconds?

Or should we just shrug it off, lose 100~300 meseta and mission XP that are not being used anyway, laugh it off and keep playing?

Vhex
Nov 30, 2006, 02:29 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:47, Eternal_Drake wrote:

On 2006-11-29 17:40, Pentence wrote:

If I was in a party, I would rather a force healing me than him turning into a nb with the damage of a mediocre hunter. Even with what you said nanoblast is still useless without another force, unless you are on an easy mission.

Theres an old adege that works well here: "If your friend Jack help you off a horse, would you help Jack off a horse?"

Anyway, the only reason to be a beast FO is the get the requirements of WT, and he's right, no use NBing in a Battle as beast FO, especially if its Purple/Blue.

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 30, 2006, 02:43 PM
I'm currently a Fo Beast, but that's just because I've already trained my hunter to 10 and ranger to 5, now Force to 5, that way I can switch between all the jobs except Fortegunner and fortecher, which for a beast would be stupid anyways. Basically I'm keeping my options open. Now, I have the Red Nano, and I've been in groups as the only healer. Honestly, at my level(47), people shouldn't be dieing much anyways. Characters that aren't FO(assuming I was the only Fo) have so much health it's absurd, even on bosses you can last 50 seconds without a heal. So while people say the Fo should last without a heal for 50 seconds, so should everyone else. I like my power form because I don't miss much despite what people seem to think. I rarely get 0. Everyone seems to think beasts get all these 0s and I just don't know why. Maybe with my guns, but my melee attacks rarely ever miss, especially in Nano. Every stat is improved for every Nano, just certain Nano's improve somethings MORE THAN OTHERS. So red improves attack more than the other stats, but every stat is improved... ATA enough so to rarely miss. That's my 2 cents...

If you're yelling at a FO Beast to survive 50 seconds without a heal, with less HP than other classes, everyone else should be able to live those 50 seconds as well, if not easier than the Nano'd Beast.

THE JACKEL

Ronzeru
Nov 30, 2006, 02:55 PM
How about you guys not transform at all, and keep on doing damage through spells and healing with the lil PP you have? ^_^

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 30, 2006, 03:02 PM
because I do less than 100 damage with a spell, while I do at least 350 damage per hit in nano, how about that? And we have plenty of PP, I've never once ran low on PP, I don't know why people complain about that BS, and force weapons are cheaper to refill than hunter weapons too

THE JACKEL

Ronzeru
Nov 30, 2006, 03:04 PM
It's cheaper because you have less PP. I refil my weapons from 180-200, and go through a lot of weapons. Forces tend to pay 300-400, or at least the ones I play with.

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 30, 2006, 03:14 PM
no, restoring less PP for a Hunter is equal to restoring a larger amount of PP for a Force of Ranger meseta wise, because rangers/forces require use of PP for their weapons, while hunters do not, so PP for hunters is more of a specialty and costs more money

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2006-11-30 12:16 ]</font>

Guitarsmasher
Nov 30, 2006, 03:21 PM
for using the red nanoblast.......in order to stay ALIVE, anyone think of running away from teh enemy?? i mean, low life=stay in battle RUN AWAY, i have the red nanoblast, and if you try to be efficietn with it, youll end up dealing more damage than having the def nanoblast, and staying in the battle. with red, just run away from the enemies attacks, then attack it. its extremely easy to do for boss fights like de ragen

physic
Nov 30, 2006, 04:23 PM
people expect a lot from forces, that they shouldnt, im not saying you should go on a self cure binge burning tri di and mono like air, but how often can no one in the party pick up a sol atomizer? dimates trimates and monos? if you in serious danger use a heal item, if the fo is 300 feet away use a antimate to get rid of your status, if your friend is dying, burn a star or a sol, especially if there is one force.
Fact is that power beast mode even at half dmg, is still probably more dmg than spells, because you swing fast, and it has splash dmg, not to mention they only get one target on multi target mobs.

does red take more dmg? nope not at all, it takes same smg as you would as regular hunter, the only dif being you dont get knock down invincibility. The only problem is you can heal yourself, in any way, by item or otherwise, but if your skilled you will avoid death and consider this if your the sole fo.

its a matter of skill, of the player and the team

KirinDave
Nov 30, 2006, 04:55 PM
On 2006-11-30 12:14, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
no, restoring less PP for a Hunter is equal to restoring a larger amount of PP for a Force of Ranger meseta wise, because rangers/forces require use of PP for their weapons, while hunters do not, so PP for hunters is more of a specialty and costs more money

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2006-11-30 12:16 ]</font>

Maybe, but it doesn't matter. I have so much more PP to restore than a equivlent hunter that I usually pay 2x what they do. Also, we can't do much of anything without PP, so while a Hunter can drain a weapon and still do things, forces and rangers cannot.

I easily pay 500 on an A rank. Sometimes if we're not doing well, I can pay slightly more from refilling 2x.

The point of this is to stress something many only-Hunters don't get: It costs money for a force or ranger to fight, even a little.. Keep that in mind before you restart a mission to get an S-rank rather than a A, or kick someone as a joke.