PDA

View Full Version : Has Sega Ruined Light Forever?! (Comedy Post)

Ruby-chan
Nov 29, 2006, 09:11 PM
(Note: I know, it's a repost from the main boards. I wrote this because I thought people might find it humorous and get a bit of a laugh. It's a referance to the "Lightbulb Thread Joke" on the main formums. So without further ado, here it is.)

Ok, so I was in Universe 1. For those of you who haven’t been around Universe 1 lately, the light bulb has burned out. I pointed out the light bulb in Universe 1 was out, but no one seems to know exactly where the heck the light bulb is exactly. We searched everywhere for it. Ok, not everywhere, because it was dark and no one wanted to give up their Raffon Meadow lobby spots so it was more searching through the GRM store by dagger-light with a chunky guy with a green afro who’s name was in some strange alpha-numeric language. I think we gave up searching when I tried to get one of the staff to brighten my dagger-light so we could see better, but the moron broke it. Put the batteries in the wrong way and shorted it out of all things. Anyway I’m sidetracking, back to my story.

When I told everyone that I couldn’t actually find the light bulb to change it, they all told me not to worry about it anyway, because all the light bulbs are in Japan right now. Why are all the spare light bulbs in Japan? I don’t understand, and to top it all off they told me the light bulbs were being sent one at a time. Apparently homeland security mistakes two light bulbs in close proximity as a bomb detonator. (Who knew?) And for some reason wattage on these light bulbs is over nine-thousand. Was such an eccentric light bulb needed? No wonder there are light bulb shortages!

But anyway, back to the point. I’m in here in universe one and the light bulb’s out. And it occurred to me: What if Sega has ruined light forever? I mean, I’ve been a long time fan of light. I was there for Light 1.0. I still have my commemorative sun dial. And I’m sure you remember how Light 2.0, the first portable edition, where it’d go out with a gust of wind. (Not a bug it’s a feature my @#$.) But darnit it was great, magical stuff. But this light just doesn’t seem to be constant enough, and it’s not really the pure white natural light I’ve gotten accustomed too in recent years, it’s more of a sickly yellowish.

Please Sega, you have to do something quick or light as we know it will be ruined forever! People are starting to go nocturnal in droves and I don’t think they’ll be many people left to fight monsters in the light once we finally change the light bulb. Not to mention I didn’t pay my share of the electricity bill for the light bulb to be out! At least send us some more light bulbs via UPS air. Or order some over the internet. Everything’s on that new-fangled series of tubes these days.

Sincerely yours,
Fencer Naiad

PS. I found the burnt out light bulb. It’s in one of those little cage things with a lock and key on it, so no one over here can get in there to actually change the light bulb. Please send the key to open the cage as well. There’s some very restless fellows here with hacksaws gathering around it and they scare me. Please Hurry. *eep*

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=8071&start=0
- Hope you enjoyed this light bulb thread related joke -

MXdude
Nov 29, 2006, 09:14 PM
You can borrow my lightbulb to light up U1, that i use to smash monsters with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I think it might still work....

Randomness
Nov 29, 2006, 09:15 PM
I've got a blue one, and the stuff to make red and green, then we have an entire pixel light!

-Shimarisu-
Nov 29, 2006, 09:17 PM
This was fairly stupid *goes back to playing game.*

Ether
Nov 29, 2006, 09:18 PM
Sega likes keeping us in the dark

DamonKatu
Nov 29, 2006, 09:20 PM
Kafie X:I wish I had one on me, but right now im busy on my Journal.

DK: I wish I could, But my team needs me.

Ganondorf: I dont have one; Im not even In the game for cring out loud!! And No on has ever invented it in hyrule!! o.O'

Sychosis
Nov 29, 2006, 09:22 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:17, -Shimarisu- wrote:
This was fairly stupid

Agreed.

Tried too hard and failed even harder.

MXdude
Nov 29, 2006, 09:26 PM
How many Sonic Team Employees does it take to screw in a 40 watt lightbulb?

Well, they can screw in a 40 watt lightbulb, but you only get ten watts now, you'll have to wait for them to unlock the other thirty watts in a couple of months as the updates arrive.

I must say, in that thread someone posted that and i laughed....a lot....lol

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 29, 2006, 09:27 PM
Candles are possible? They sit comfortably next to you, at the while has a purtty flame... Oh... and if it had a scent, it could probably be cinnamon... mmm..

Ruby-chan
Nov 29, 2006, 09:43 PM
To those of you complaining without any actual constructive criticism:

If you think you can do better, please, I'm all ears.

Otherwise, barring either of those two possiblities, this will be my last reply pertaining to you.

Edit: Oh, and it makes sense if you're familiar with the first post of the "Obligatory Lightbulb Joke Thread", which is pretty hilarous.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruby-chan on 2006-11-29 18:48 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Nov 30, 2006, 12:36 AM
I liked it ^_^

Len
Nov 30, 2006, 06:19 AM
thats was very entertaining, worth my read http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sinue_v2
Nov 30, 2006, 07:51 AM
I am so high right now.... I have no idea what's going on...[/towlie]