PDA

View Full Version : PSU Weapon Replicas...Wouldn't that be Awesome!

DarkSeph
Nov 30, 2006, 12:55 AM
Wouldn't that be awesome if someone made PSU replicas that like actually lit up and were really really nice! Like Parksabers.com makes those Star Wars Light Saber replicas.....well same with PSU/PSO.

I could actually do it but it wouldn't be worth selling them cuz the way I would make them wouldn't be cheap. But just wondering how everyone else felt about it?

-Crokar-
Nov 30, 2006, 12:59 AM
i think people would laugh at you to tell you the truth. i have been laughed at for the things i have.

i have light saber replica things, like 4 different star wars helmets. stupid toy things like darth tater....im not a star wars geek though...i just think the stuff is cool.. but if they made PSU replica things. knowing me id buy a few...

Jedah
Nov 30, 2006, 01:03 AM
Don't know about PSO/U sabers and the like, but I wouldn't mind a Soul Eater.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 30, 2006, 01:05 AM
Well, while it COULD be cool just to have one, for those prices I can buy a quality mace/axe/spear and perhaps a not-so top quality sword...and I'd rather take the real thing than a fan collector's thing^^

(Just curses the cost to ship a whole spear to Sweden from the US..)

DarkSeph
Nov 30, 2006, 01:06 AM
Well yeah, I was referring to reallllly cool weaps like the Soul Eater, Svaltus Blade, etc. But I could actually make the parts that are supposed to light up....light up! The thing wouldn't be just a cheezy model though you could actually like play around with it and not really break it. I've even got this kameleon paint left from my car I could use for the staff part or handle, etc...you get the idea.

Remedy
Nov 30, 2006, 01:12 AM
I dunno about you, but I wouldn't mind a Psycho Wand with extending/retracting action and opening/closing action. XD

Pentence
Nov 30, 2006, 01:14 AM
Same here some plexyglass or the like for the glowing blades right?I plan to cosplay my beast at next years otacon so i am gonna work on soem weapons during the summer.

Zorafim
Nov 30, 2006, 01:20 AM
Oh, you're talking about real life replicas of in-game weapons. Truthfully, there aren't many weapon designs in the game that I'm quite interested in. However, I would truly be interested in a non-photon version of extra mode's S rank lance.

*drools*

Weeaboolits
Nov 30, 2006, 01:24 AM
I'll jus' get a pair of fluorescent bulbs and a paper fan, I'm cool now ^___^

Solstis
Nov 30, 2006, 01:46 AM
The Yasminkov series needs to make a comeback. The shotgun (Yas 9000?) can actually be... a shotgun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2006-11-29 22:47 ]</font>

Dihnekis
Nov 30, 2006, 01:47 AM
(troll on)
Toys are for kids.
(troll off)

Weeaboolits
Nov 30, 2006, 02:19 AM
replicas are not toys, toys you can swing around and hit stuiff with, replicas are shiny and pretty, but no good for playing with...
both are good, though ^__^'''

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2006-11-29 23:21 ]</font>

industrial
Nov 30, 2006, 02:46 AM
Photon weapons would be pretty easy to make. Some LEDs, batteries, lexan and aluminum. I bet I could make a "saber" for $15 from home depot parts. I'm not that geeky though. >_>

Weeaboolits
Nov 30, 2006, 03:45 AM
On 2006-11-29 23:46, industrial wrote:
Photon weapons would be pretty easy to make. Some LEDs, batteries, lexan and aluminum. I bet I could make a "saber" for $15 from home depot parts. I'm not that geeky though. >_>

Why not? You should be!
BTW I checked eBay, but no dice, maybe I didn't look hard enough...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2006-11-30 00:56 ]</font>

Xiber
Nov 30, 2006, 10:17 AM
I want my sange&yasha...with unreduced gush on it, like in PSO. That would be so useful in PSU, considering I'm a CAST and my extra slot is taken up by my SUV weapon.

darthplagis
Nov 30, 2006, 10:38 AM
just go to a music shop, percussion section, ask for maracas! hehe well you know "Shaking the maracas with a Latin rhythm produces shock waves to damage enemies."

that would be sweet!!!

i might actually do it as i need some any way, just need red with zig zag stripe

ZodiacNKnight
Nov 30, 2006, 10:44 AM
Well there is one thing you can get from PSU that's real... The Fluorescent Bulb.
I made a real looking PSO rifle with Blue Neon and a small fluorescent bulb.
That was many years ago... It's broken and lost somewhere now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Saber
http://www.deltakits.com/graphics/catalog/40-3wa.gif

Rifle "Photon" Attachment http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
You can find these at any Hardware Store like Home Depot.
http://www.pulsarlamps.com/html_en/compactfluorescentbulb_images/compact_fluorescent.jpg

Doesn't look too hard, right?
http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/thumbs/BB-TYPERI-RIFLE-ACTION-1.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2006-11-30 07:49 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2006-11-30 07:51 ]</font>

Axel3792
Nov 30, 2006, 12:37 PM
Heh nice one Zodiac

darthplagis
Nov 30, 2006, 03:34 PM
the only problem i see with using halogen bulbs is battery drain, why not try some LED neon strips like people use as car underlights (you can get them in most electrical supply stores).

the other thing you can do is maybe use an LED cycle lamp and some clear plastic tubing(maybe have the inside half of the tubes reflective foil) you can change the filter (in between the bulbs and the tubes) so you can have different bullets hehe

failing that if you MUST have a PSO/PSU wepon buy a replica pistol (i actually saw a toy that was EXACT, and next to it was a set of L&K's but without the photon canisters, they were camo too ) and pop a laser pointer on the top TADA yasiminkov

KirinDave
Nov 30, 2006, 04:49 PM
I was at FanimeCon 2005 ( I was the creepy guy handing out candy next to the cute asian girl who took pictures of costumes).

The most awesome costume was a complete Fomar and Fomarl. They had actually modified Parks Sabers to make Kaladbolgs. It looked very convincing. I actually paid for their taxi to the airport the next day as part of appreciation for the awesome costumes.