PDA

View Full Version : Going to Japan

Liokia
Nov 30, 2006, 06:53 AM
I am going to be going to Japan for an extended period of time. I wanted to take my comp with me so that I could still play while I was there... I was wondering though if I would even be able to play and if I could would it be the Japanese version... and if that happens what would happen if I got the upgraded patches and then came back... what would happen.?.?.?

Randomness
Nov 30, 2006, 07:06 AM
If you have the US version, it'll still be the US version even if you play in Japan.

Ruby-chan
Nov 30, 2006, 07:11 AM
The only thing I would mention (And it's probably not needed but when you're going over sees you need to check these things) is to make sure you don't need and power converters for electricty, or anything else that's going to be plugging into a wall over there.

Zabot
Nov 30, 2006, 11:01 AM
cool man, im going to japan in like a year. . maybe to visit family, Peace

Blenjar
Nov 30, 2006, 11:33 AM
Im go there to get my freak on with the girls...soon son!

-- Blen

Blitzkommando
Nov 30, 2006, 12:04 PM
On 2006-11-30 04:11, Ruby-chan wrote:
The only thing I would mention (And it's probably not needed but when you're going over sees you need to check these things) is to make sure you don't need and power converters for electricty, or anything else that's going to be plugging into a wall over there.

Japan has the same electrical standards as the United States and much of North America with 110V AC. I have some electronics and other various things from various decades from Japan and they work perfectly fine here as they use the same plug types and everything. Japan also uses a very similar television standard to the US as well; it's essentially a slightly modified NTSC. Most of this is due to the standards from the US being adopted during the reconstruction of Japan post-WWII.

The only thing that will be different is the region coding on DVDs. But so many are region-free that isn't too much of a problem as well as players being so cheap today it could be worth it to purchase a cheap DVD player just to have a Japanese region player and a US (Region 1) player. Of course, Asia frequently gets region free players too so...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Norvekh on 2006-11-30 09:07 ]</font>

etlitch
Nov 30, 2006, 12:53 PM
Game = different versions, different exes. JPPSU supposed to need some kind of serial-key that came with game package or whatever. You'd just be able to connect to the international PSU servers. Even if you updated, the stuff is server-side. Which means that you could enter the space shuttle port in colony and get some kind of error/disconnect from server instead of ending up in HIVE.

Liokia
Nov 30, 2006, 07:08 PM
Awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Randomness
Nov 30, 2006, 07:18 PM
On 2006-11-30 09:53, etlitch wrote:
Game = different versions, different exes. JPPSU supposed to need some kind of serial-key that came with game package or whatever. You'd just be able to connect to the international PSU servers. Even if you updated, the stuff is server-side. Which means that you could enter the space shuttle port in colony and get some kind of error/disconnect from server instead of ending up in HIVE.

Except that the game would connect to US/EU servers even though its in Japan. Seriously, its not like the IP it looks for is going to change because you moved.

-D-
Nov 30, 2006, 07:18 PM
Doesn't sega have an ip block that restricts international ip to connect japenese servers? If so, does the international ver. have the same block? Its good to ask these questions before you leave...