PDA

View Full Version : Ok I want to talk about something else...PSU related.

Mystil
Nov 30, 2006, 04:09 PM
Great Swords.

I use to avoid these like the plague but now they are a part of my arsenal. Since a lot of hunters out there were using them, I figured why not. So for I'm impressed with this weapon. Hits up to 3 targets and a few more with it's PA. Doesn't leave you terribly open for counters unlike spears(nasteh nasteh but they remain my workhorse for damage). Horrible PP regen rate, but it gets the job done.

Next up is knucks...

So yea any weapons you didn't wont to use but finally did and your opinion changed about them..?

AkiraXxx
Nov 30, 2006, 04:12 PM
On 2006-11-30 13:09, Silhouette wrote:
Great Swords.

I use to avoid these like the plague but now they are a part of my arsenal. Since a lot of hunters out there were using them, I figured why not. So for I'm impressed with this weapon. Hits up to 3 targets and a few more with it's PA. Doesn't leave you terribly open for counters unlike spears(nasteh nasteh but they remain my workhorse for damage). Horrible PP regen rate, but it gets the job done.

Next up is knucks...

So yea any weapons you didn't wont to use but finally did and your opinion changed about them..?

At first I really liked swords, but they seriously just dont carry enough PP to be effective, and they are horrible if your going 1v1 with monster. And iono about you, but if something hits you in the middle of ur your PP it gets canceld, so you dont often even get to use all the PP in a sword to hit something. Hopefully the new A and S rank swords will wield some better PP and dmg.

EphekZ
Nov 30, 2006, 04:13 PM
Spears- Really never liked em but a good friend made me a 5 star spear and I'm in love with it.

Rizen
Nov 30, 2006, 04:14 PM
If you dont mind...I would like you all to post this in my new thread I started in the guide forums for Hunters. It would be great to start discussion of hunters dont you think?

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=128567&forum=22&0

Yoruichi
Nov 30, 2006, 04:15 PM
I used them all, still like certain weapons for certain things. Knucks arent the most useful but my theory is they are like sword version of 2handers highest damage least amount of hits per mob but knucks stand out for having fast normal swings and the PA does have 2 physical crowd control abilities which is the last 2 hits of of the final combo.

The weapons I refuse to use are twin sabers, I just don't like the vulnerability in the normal swings and the PA didn't bring much the single didn't bring. After the huge content patch I will try them out again assuming we get the PA 410 uses.

Variance
Nov 30, 2006, 04:46 PM
Yoru, if the 410 uses the same Twin Saber PA as Hyuga (Splendor Crush, IIRC), then I don't think JP even has it yet. And although I'm an avid user of them, the final hit does leave you pretty open.

Edit: Oh, and I never touched Twin Daggers until I happened to get a Twin Sucker drop in Relics. I always felt that they were basically Twin Sabers with a shorter reach, but they do have their merits. The AoE PA is pretty handy, too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Variance on 2006-11-30 13:47 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Nov 30, 2006, 05:06 PM
Soda Caliba (7) with 44% Dark FTW!

Sydz
Nov 30, 2006, 05:12 PM
I didnt use single daggers at first, until I saw the full pa combo for them. I've wanted to do swords, but they dont really stand out. I do kind of miss knuckles, because they were just fun.

Yoruichi
Nov 30, 2006, 05:20 PM
On 2006-11-30 13:46, Variance wrote:
Yoru, if the 410 uses the same Twin Saber PA as Hyuga (Splendor Crush, IIRC), then I don't think JP even has it yet. And although I'm an avid user of them, the final hit does leave you pretty open.

Edit: Oh, and I never touched Twin Daggers until I happened to get a Twin Sucker drop in Relics. I always felt that they were basically Twin Sabers with a shorter reach, but they do have their merits. The AoE PA is pretty handy, too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Variance on 2006-11-30 13:47 ]</font>

So do dual sabers get a 2nd PA? I was assuming next patch all the weapons get another PA.

Variance
Nov 30, 2006, 06:13 PM
That I do not have an answer for.

Candor
Nov 30, 2006, 06:23 PM
On 2006-11-30 13:15, Yoruichi wrote:
I used them all, still like certain weapons for certain things. Knucks arent the most useful but my theory is they are like sword version of 2handers highest damage least amount of hits per mob but knucks stand out for having fast normal swings and the PA does have 2 physical crowd control abilities which is the last 2 hits of of the final combo.

The weapons I refuse to use are twin sabers, I just don't like the vulnerability in the normal swings and the PA didn't bring much the single didn't bring. After the huge content patch I will try them out again assuming we get the PA 410 uses.

i agree

i love my knuckles, and the PA is awsome for tearing straight through a group and splitting them. I tried twin sabers since a friend gave me some (his fav weapon) and they just seem so slow compared to knucks (making you vulnerable as stated).

i was surprised by twin daggers number of hits for normal attacks and the PA if awsome too

Mystil
Nov 30, 2006, 06:27 PM
Twin Sabers used to be my favorite, but once I went to spears, using them just felt weird. Need that PA though for knockdowns. That's about all it's good for.

SonicTMP
Nov 30, 2006, 06:31 PM
While i liked twin sabers in PSO, in PSU i'm not a big fan of them. Even after using them for a while. Maybe it's cause the first PA we have for it is rather meh.

Zorafim
Nov 30, 2006, 06:33 PM
I played story mode with Ethan using mainly a greatsword, and daggers on the side. I did this for roleplaying only.
Once I started using spears in extra mode, I gawked at how well it made things dead. I kept twin daggers since I love them, but spear was really effective.

-Ryuki-
Nov 30, 2006, 09:15 PM
I used to enjoy the Swords back on PSO, but as of PSU, I find them highly overrated, just like the Twin Sabers. I'd rather use a Saber than a Sword, mainly because it's more flexible, and you can pair it up with a gun. Use the first PA to send them in the air, switch to gun, shoot them until they rise, and repeat. Fun stuff.

HandBanana
Nov 30, 2006, 09:25 PM
I completely agree, I used to think that swords sucked balls but then I got a mediocre one with ice attribute and pwned parum so i've decided I like them

Aphael
Nov 30, 2006, 09:54 PM
Am I the only person that has love for Twin Sabers? > >

The weapon I didn't care for at first but grew to love were the Knuckles. Their PA just makes me so happy. On the other hand, I tried to love Swords, but I found that for PA AoE damage daggers just do better for me, since the Sword PA constantly gets interrupted.

Niki
Nov 30, 2006, 10:05 PM
Nope. Liked my arsenal from the get-go. There are good weapons I won't use because they are a bit too "weak-wristed" for my character concept. There are bad weapons I'm glad I've never wasted money on.

Hit-and-Run > Brute Force

Kanore
Nov 30, 2006, 10:19 PM
Tried using Swords when I switched to Hunter and ended up hating it before I ended up hating Hunter.
Then I gave them another shot in Story Mode a few times.

You take too much damage; I'd rather stick with a Spear.

PJ
Nov 30, 2006, 10:22 PM
Sword > Spear

Hurray, Spears can hit forwards, oh shit, enemies like to surround you, too! I'll just keep on attacking forward :>

Zorafim
Nov 30, 2006, 10:24 PM
On 2006-11-30 19:22, PJ wrote:
Sword > Spear

Hurray, Spears can hit forwards, oh shit, enemies like to surround you, too! I'll just keep on attacking forward :>

That's what Dus Roberto is for.

Niki
Nov 30, 2006, 10:26 PM
Sword > Spear

...or you could, like, take your finger off the lock trigger and actually direct your Spear attacks. That works too.

ssl118
Nov 30, 2006, 10:28 PM
I wasn't so fond of single daggers at first, but after playing with them and leveling up the PA I really started to like. I agree that twin sabers are a bit of a let down but I still love them for the looks. My top weapon continues to be the twin daggers though.

Rizen
Nov 30, 2006, 10:30 PM
Again I would like to try to direct this conversation to the Hunter topic I made in the guide forum. I would like to see it grow like some of the other threads in there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=128567&forum=22&0

Ryoga4523
Nov 30, 2006, 10:33 PM
I never ever used daggers in PSO. From the DC all the way to GC, and Xbox. I really did not like them. But ever since I switched to hunter and synthed my own stingers... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif that is all I use. I have two dagger/handgun combe sets, and a spear, sword, and dual daggers. I like the single dagger PA's better, but the normal attacks for the dual daggers pretty much pwn IMO. I really have not tried knuckles, but I personally despise the twin sabers because their PA is lackluster and I just like the single sabers for nastalgia basically. I can not wait for the new PA's and the A and S ranked weps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Ryuki-
Nov 30, 2006, 10:44 PM
...Spear > Sword, hands down.

Aaomi
Dec 1, 2006, 12:02 AM
I love my 1-hand daggers ^.^

Not only a good PA for damage but since you are moving quite a bit while doing it you can turn with an enemy to avoid being in front of them or you can shoot right through a crowd which helps with avoiding getting hit.

I for one hate spears. I tried using them and didn't see much of a differance in damage while at the same time they left me open to a lot more hits. On the other hand I don't really like swords either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

industrial
Dec 1, 2006, 01:38 AM
Sword > Spear

Run in a small circle, regroup the mobs and thrust. duh?

With a sword you'd get your first swing off(maybe) then during your second, a mob hits you, you lose the PP and the baby Jebus crys. "ME BABA, ME WHIRL"

Pentence
Dec 1, 2006, 03:51 AM
I have grown to like the twin daggers,at first i was ify aboutthem.Then after i got some decent ones i kinda fell for em.I carry 3 twin blades and 2 daggers always with a spear and two single sbaers and a handgun.

Also twin sabers rock for knocking the enemy around.I NEVER hold the lock on itap it.Useing the first two basic strikes followed by the PA(lvl 11 ver) i can knock 6-10 monsters into the air in one shot.Just start from the left then atack normaly,once you finish the second regular strike use the PA and ,NOT locking on, work you way from left to right.It is also quite entertaining to watch like a scene from an anime.

As for the sword i didnt like it either realy but then i figured out that it has a classic move still,hit n run.First two swings then i move and do it again also if payed right it has reach.However i only use it on my cast as acc not freinds with beasts.

-Ryuki-
Dec 1, 2006, 04:03 AM
Spears are great. Aao, you're just not good with them, that's why you dislike them =P

SolRiver
Dec 1, 2006, 04:27 AM
I never have any interruption problem with sword PA... but maybe that was because I used practically only cast/caseal. DFP>EVP (for a hunter at least)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2006-12-01 01:28 ]</font>