PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone like to see Male PM's?

pionear
Nov 30, 2006, 06:50 PM
Topic?

The_Premier
Nov 30, 2006, 06:51 PM
Yes, but not because I'm sexist or anything. I'd just like them to add to the variety

tank1
Nov 30, 2006, 06:55 PM
Yeah the Loli-Bots are fine and all but id rather have a mini gundam following me XD.

SonicTMP
Nov 30, 2006, 06:57 PM
On 2006-11-30 15:55, tank1 wrote:
Yeah the Loli-Bots are fine and all but id rather have a mini gundam following me XD.

oh lord i can just see it, freedom beam spam or a SHINNING FINGER! melee.......... I'd so make those.

Zorafim
Nov 30, 2006, 06:58 PM
Though I still like the 430 look, I'd like the option of having a dragon follow you and shoot things with giant friggen' laser beams attached to their heads.

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 06:59 PM
ew....... shota...

VelosofLight
Nov 30, 2006, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I miss the variety that PSO mags delivered. Male PMs would be fun.

Inspektahdek
Nov 30, 2006, 07:05 PM
uhh yea, definitely! I would rather have primarily male PMs rather than female. As a combatant symbol and helper, I'm really surprised they chose PMs to be all female. Wait, this is Japan, I forgot, theres some type of animated female anime fetish they have going on.

I'm not bashing anime btw, I do like some but not the ones in particular mentioned above

Edg3
No. More girlbots plz.

Tarathiel
its a bit sexist not having male pm's to both guys and girls...i meen it shows that girls serve guys to just have female pms and it also might make the girls uncomfortable.... just my two mesetas

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tarathiel on 2006-11-30 16:06 ]</font>

Vorpal
Nov 30, 2006, 07:08 PM
I want a robot following me that says "All your meseta are belong to us'.

And then the monsters bow down and give me all theirs.

VelosofLight
Nov 30, 2006, 07:11 PM
On 2006-11-30 16:05, Inspektahdek wrote:
uhh yea, definitely! I would rather have primarily male PMs rather than female. As a combatant symbol and helper, I'm really surprised they chose PMs to be all female. Wait, this is Japan, I forgot, theres some type of animated female anime fetish they have going on.

I'm not bashing anime btw, I do like some but not the ones in particular mentioned above

Maybe they'll release some special edition PMs of characters from PSO and stuff, which you can get using a magic device-y thing. I'd love a Dr. Montiague PM, or maybe a monster PM like a Rappy or a Jaggo or something. That'd be awesome. Or even crazier, a PM that was a rainbow-colored swarm of non-evolved MAGs, which'd behave like those bug things. That'd be crazy awesome!

KirinDave
Nov 30, 2006, 07:14 PM
Tiny female robots are genre. Tiny male robots are not.

True? Yes. Bad? Depends on your cultural orientation.

EphekZ
Nov 30, 2006, 07:16 PM
I like my lolibots

Inspektahdek
Nov 30, 2006, 07:17 PM
On 2006-11-30 16:11, VelosofLight wrote:

Maybe they'll release some special edition PMs of characters from PSO and stuff, which you can get using a magic device-y thing. I'd love a Dr. Montiague PM, or maybe a monster PM like a Rappy or a Jaggo or something. That'd be awesome. Or even crazier, a PM that was a rainbow-colored swarm of non-evolved MAGs, which'd behave like those bug things. That'd be crazy awesome!

That's an excellent idea about a possibility but that would be kind of hard to due unless its already pre programmed in the game and that would be a full polygonal NPC PM that would be kind of hard to create tons of extra full characters. The mags were much easier to create in mass and were of less detail and size. I could see this happening if PSU was PC and 360 only because of the hard drive and I would love it because the content expansions or additions would have really no limit but with the PS2 giving people only 8mb of additions at a time, keeps us kind of limited. DAMN YOU PS2! I've lost my love for you...

Choja
Nov 30, 2006, 07:18 PM

Delicious. An army of mag cells. That would be adequately absurd with all the cheap "run into the enemy" attacks. ;D

Spacepest
Nov 30, 2006, 07:20 PM
I want male PMs, but only if they get cat ears and funny hats like the female PMs do.

ABDUR101
Nov 30, 2006, 07:52 PM
Not a fan of the lolibots, I much preferred the MAGs of before. Even then, they could have added more ideas than the trash lolibots that they have in. They could have done alot more with it as a whole, all it comes across now is that some otaku wanted to sit with a constant erection over the subservient little girl-whores he modeled into the game.

I looked more fondly at my PSO MAGs than any of the loli-bots, atleast they accentuated the armor on my HUcast back in the day, oh and they did'nt make annoying little girl sounds, or toss in un-necessary pop-up chats in the middle of a fight.

Ryoga4523
Nov 30, 2006, 07:57 PM
I would want a dude bot. I really never play females ever in mmo's, and I would really want more of a male-ish PM to follow me.

AC9breaker
Nov 30, 2006, 08:10 PM
I loved the Wing/Spoiler mag from PSO. I would like an old man PM so I can name him Old Man pwn or Alfred and he could be my servant and I can act like Batman. Or a Dog PM. Yeah A dog would be sweet like the dog from Men In Black. Or maybe a Pitbull and I can call my guy DMX or something and be all like "WHERE MAH DOGZ AT!?"

Nani-chan
Nov 30, 2006, 08:12 PM
Only if they wear short shorts and tight mesh shirts

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 30, 2006, 08:21 PM
Ill never get rid of my PM Mai Waifu!

Zaft
Nov 30, 2006, 08:24 PM
I would love to have Dr. Montiague, Bernie or Ash (possibly Kireek, although he did piss me off with his betrayel and attimpted killing of me ._.) as PMs. The Dr. was just too awesome in the old game, completely my favorite NPC. Bernie...well that was self explanatory, he was just awesome =) And Ash was cool cause of his looks/actions/weapon (double saber), my character was based on him...which brings up a good idea. omg PM with a double saber o.O o.O o.O

VelosofLight
Nov 30, 2006, 08:29 PM
On 2006-11-30 16:17, Inspektahdek wrote:

That's an excellent idea about a possibility but that would be kind of hard to due unless its already pre programmed in the game and that would be a full polygonal NPC PM that would be kind of hard to create tons of extra full characters. The mags were much easier to create in mass and were of less detail and size. I could see this happening if PSU was PC and 360 only because of the hard drive and I would love it because the content expansions or additions would have really no limit but with the PS2 giving people only 8mb of additions at a time, keeps us kind of limited. DAMN YOU PS2! I've lost my love for you...

Well, I was really talking about stuff that could already be in the game and noone knows about it yet. Didn't SEGA make it quite clear that when they start adding content that's not already in the game now and just being released, we'll have to buy a disk?

Aaomi
Nov 30, 2006, 08:37 PM
I think non-hamanoid ones that fight would be fun. If only the bird or dragon ones could fight http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Merumeru
Nov 30, 2006, 08:45 PM
XD yah why not, uhm, but id rather have a mechanical tiny flying beast though...hmm...maybe its just a nostalgia thing X3

Flunky
Nov 30, 2006, 08:52 PM
Not a big fan of lolibots.

It was painful in a way to feed my PM that one last trap to bring it from cat PM to loli PM. The cat was just so gosh-darned cute, but the lolibot is just so... ho hum. And a little creepy, of course.

I don't necessarily want a male PM, just something besides the lolibots. Many of the forms before the lolibots seemed like at the very least you could tape a rifle to them or something... just as effective as the 430. If there are indeed some PM graphics out there that haven't been datamined yet (or some PMs that use graphics utilized elsewhere in the game), then I would be a happier person.

Edit: And yes, the mags 'pwnd' the lolibots in terms of looks. So many great looks- I was a big fan of the mag that kinda looked like a cape behind yer character. The mags have something the PMs rather lack- variety. I can understand the need for some to be humanoid, but even then a male option would be nice. Ah well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flunky on 2006-11-30 17:54 ]</font>

Ruby-chan
Nov 30, 2006, 09:28 PM
On 2006-11-30 16:14, KirinDave wrote:

PSU is not in the same genre as Chobits. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sychosis
Nov 30, 2006, 09:32 PM
Must have more lolibots...

Candor
Nov 30, 2006, 09:35 PM
you can have your loli men, i'm fine with my 420

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 09:41 PM
I like the loli bots, there more useful then mags.....

AlMcFly
Nov 30, 2006, 09:45 PM
I would definitely like little robot monsters like dragons a lot more than these loli's. Or maybe a big robot eagle or phoenix that swoops down at enemies. Would even settle for my own robot vahra, lol. Loli's carrying weapons that we will eventually be able to equip isn't that appealing to the eye.

-Ryuki-
Nov 30, 2006, 09:47 PM
I'm fine with whatever, but I think they should add more variety. Aao mentioning creatures rather than humanoids, sounded like a really awesome idea.

Who wouldn't want to see a Chao fight alongside? =)

Candor
Nov 30, 2006, 09:54 PM
*thinking*
O.O a rappy PM

Kanore
Nov 30, 2006, 10:18 PM
Lolis are just fine.

Chaobo99
Nov 30, 2006, 10:20 PM
personally, I like the idea of little girls with heavy artillery http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Choja
Nov 30, 2006, 10:21 PM
On 2006-11-30 18:28, Ruby-chan wrote:

On 2006-11-30 16:14, KirinDave wrote:

PSU is not in the same genre as Chobits. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

God forbids I get a Partner Machine that's sexy and also can unload a mean gatling gun.

On 2006-11-30 17:12, Nani-chan wrote:
Only if they wear short shorts and tight mesh shirts

...A loli is fine too.

ThunderChao
Nov 30, 2006, 10:25 PM
A Chao with a rifle. Now that would be awesome. I think ST should have added more variety in the PMs combat forms as well. I think having a choice between something other than a loli would be great. Unfortunately, only time will tell if ST will put that into the game.

Pentence
Nov 30, 2006, 10:26 PM
I like the loli bots ,cute and maniacle.

However i would love a shinobi bot following me around.

Niki
Nov 30, 2006, 10:32 PM
Considering the homophobia that permeates the US culture, particularly the US-male-under-30 culture [which IMO happens to comprise ~90% of PSU's population States-side], I doubt something like that will ever happen. If ST did introduce something like that, very few over here would use them and they would thus be an intellectual waste if not a monetary one. Sorry to say but that's my opinion.

@pionear : Good topic. I'm all for gender equality.

Sychosis
Nov 30, 2006, 10:42 PM
On 2006-11-30 19:32, Niki wrote:
Considering the homophobia that permeates the US culture, particularly the US-male-under-30 culture [which IMO happens to comprise ~90% of PSU's population States-side], I doubt something like that will ever happen. If ST did introduce something like that, very few over here would use them and they would thus be an intellectual waste if not a monetary one. Sorry to say but that's my opinion.

I think you're being a smidge too analytical.

I don't think the US culture would have any effect on SEGA's decisions on what goes into the game. Considering the game has a relatively small following here as opposed to Japan.

Kent
Nov 30, 2006, 10:43 PM
I'd only want a male PM, if it looked like Abdur, and would randomly yell "NUR NUR NUR" during fights.

...Otherwise, I'd be happy with a 440.

VelosofLight
Nov 30, 2006, 10:48 PM
I'd like a weird little stick figure PM that fought with nothing but hyperaccellerated fist PA combos, and would shout 'WRYYYYYYYYYYY!'

Choja
Nov 30, 2006, 10:50 PM
I just want one that screams at me every time "there's hot stuff coming your way!"
Velos: Name it Shadow Dio and give it throwing knives.

EDIT: Or, maybe a Remilia Scarlet that does that awesome psycho crusher attack all the time. It's her spellcard in IaMP anyways. Well, in the air. HAHAHA!
EDIT2: Or not, since she's a vampire and shit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-11-30 19:53 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Nov 30, 2006, 10:51 PM
I was getting to that part. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Its 3rd form can be Longcat!

Niki
Nov 30, 2006, 11:07 PM
On 2006-11-30 19:42, Sychosis wrote:
I don't think the US culture would have any effect on SEGA's decisions on what goes into the game.

True, but we do have an effect on what doesn't make it over here, and I believe there will be plenty of PSU content that is JP-only, for any number of reasons.

Thanks ESRB.

Kuai
Nov 30, 2006, 11:13 PM
EDIT: Inappropriate language removed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-11-30 20:50 ]</font>

AzureBlaze
Nov 30, 2006, 11:36 PM
I'd rather have things that don't look like anything (mags, dinosaur-ish, cat-ish, etc) than these doll girls as well.

Next: THEY ARENT LOLI.

Loli is child girl. These things have adult proportions, just they are miniature. Barbie is not a loli, although barbie is not the same size you are. These look like female teens. The head is not large enough for it to be a child, and the rest of the proportion is teens-ish. The faces are not child style either. They are more of a dress-up-doll.

Technical Defense!
Part of their problem is the loading time and memory it takes. These things have to have their own AI on them, AND be in a team with maybe 5 other active, connected people. Forcing there to be relativly few designs. ALL PMs are the same thing, just re-skinned. The only thing they had to change is the AI and what atks come flying out of them. It'd be monumentally harder (AND this is ST we're talking) to have things which are ACTUALLY different from eachother like the mags were. There's also processing power to consider. PS3 may handle it, but PS2 is already grindin' away.

The maid-bots are a logical step because they're "interesting" enough to trick you into thinking 'oh they're different', when it's really the same thing with 6 skins/dresses. No matter how cool Apsaras looks 6 apsaras in different colors is going to be MORE boring than 6 little maids in different dresses.

I'm not really going to comment on the mentality that generated these things because Abdur probably hit it spot on.

I don't like the constant blabbering, arrogant attitude, repetitive speech etc that they give off. They also feel 'creepy' because it's like a little person BUT it is a PET. It's gross to have a person as a pet. Maybe I wasn't wired right but I want to make the distinction and they're just trying to blur the heck out of it.

You can defenetely get more "attachment" and a feeling of loyalty out of cute or abstract machinery like an Aibo doggy or wings-dragon, or even Bana, Durga, or Varahahs. If it 'talked' a little, but also did little beeps and things it'd be a cute fun companion you'd welcome the sometimes clumsy help of. But with the 'person' look you have expectations and a way of treating it that kind of clash.

Kie
Nov 30, 2006, 11:47 PM
no getting it on with the lolibots please they arnt ment for that they are ment to kill things and look lolirific doing it

ABDUR101
Nov 30, 2006, 11:48 PM
On 2006-11-30 19:43, Kent wrote:
I'd only want a male PM, if it looked like Abdur, and would randomly yell "NUR NUR NUR" during fights.

I'm not PG-13 when I play with others, but for the right price I'll follow you around and spout verbose and often derogatory remarks.

Overall they missed alot of opportunity for people to evolve PM's. They could even include something in shops that would change the 'basic' design of your PM(male/female, humanoid/mechanical/animal, etc). It could be like a ticket, no different than your room and serving the same function. As for the amount of power needed to handle all these things, please, they aren't some massive, hi-res, hi-poly model, if the game can handle all the individual models, textures, hairs, meshes, ETC of every single character in-game, the PM's aren't going to make that big of a deal considering you can only have one in any particular party.

Wallin
Nov 30, 2006, 11:51 PM
On 2006-11-30 20:36, AzureBlaze wrote:
These things have adult proportions, just they are miniature. Barbie is not a loli, although barbie is not the same size you are.

You have just tainted Barbie dolls with your comparison! Girls everywhere are looking at them and tossing them away, or are cutting all of her hair off with no idea why they have the urge to do so... LOL

Choja
Nov 30, 2006, 11:52 PM
On 2006-11-30 20:07, Niki wrote:

On 2006-11-30 19:42, Sychosis wrote:
I don't think the US culture would have any effect on SEGA's decisions on what goes into the game.

True, but we do have an effect on what doesn't make it over here, and I believe there will be plenty of PSU content that is JP-only, for any number of reasons.

Thanks ESRB.

In order to quote,
"Online content may... uh... damn it, what was it again?

DarkSeph
Nov 30, 2006, 11:55 PM
well...lol...in case SEGA actually cares about the opinion of different PM's then by all means make males, dragons, half animal half man, etc, you name it. I certainly would love for my loli to be rarer to see than it is at the moment. And she DOES serve me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (ie: my main char is a girl so unless you want to throw out some lesbo comments all you femenists, bite your tongues http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

DONTOSE
Dec 1, 2006, 12:04 AM
i want a huge mecha vr. of me to fight along side of ill call him mecha dontose and we will make the world our owen.

Taris
Dec 1, 2006, 12:25 PM
"Tails" PM ftw.

Especially if it gets an actual voice-voice. And it's voiced by the same 4-Kids actor who does Tails for the newer Sonic games and the cartoon series.

Tails PM = fun. Tails PM that ticks off already ticked-off Sonic fans = priceless.

Katrina
Dec 1, 2006, 12:37 PM
I like my PM, and wouldn't mind male versions either. If I could choose to make my own, I would love a Chao wielding a Nightwalker double saber (in it's mouth)

(or a mini Parn PM http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif )

Ronzeru
Dec 1, 2006, 12:40 PM
Only if the male PM was of Sonic the Hedgehog

RadiantLegend
Dec 1, 2006, 12:44 PM
Gib mini gundam!!

Weeaboolits
Dec 1, 2006, 12:54 PM
I agree that we need variety, maybe they could add old PSO enemies like the Delsaber, that'd be the ultimate!
they need more BA executioner ones, the 440's the closest...
we need some old-school HUcaseal-ninja ones at the very least... I'm sick of tese #$%%# maids! I know that's the big craze in japan right now, but... Although I will give that the 410 is hilarious.
tiny red-clad maid with a giant sword = hilarity and hijinx

the coolest thing would be obne that mimics your appearance and weapon, but that'd never happen...

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 12:56 PM
On 2006-12-01 09:40, Ronzeru wrote:
Only if the male PM was of Sonic the Hedgehog

The male PM is Shadow the Hedgehog with a laser cannon. Or maybe Knuckles with fists. Or something.

Akaimizu
Dec 1, 2006, 01:48 PM
I wouldn't mind, actually. It definitely adds variety and actually does invoke more choices for different character preferences. I know Tynselle wouldn't mind to have an obedient kid brother, of sorts. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ronzeru
Dec 1, 2006, 01:54 PM
No, Knuckles with Fists would be badass. Shadow The Hedgehog needs to just die.

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 01:55 PM
On 2006-12-01 10:54, Ronzeru wrote:
No, Knuckles with Fists would be badass. Shadow The Hedgehog needs to just die.

He can't! He'll just revive a minute later to piss you off more with "Where's that damn fourth chaos emerald?!" and other hilariously stupid quotes!

EDIT: Also included, watch Shadow drop those F-Bombs!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-12-01 10:58 ]</font>

pionear
Dec 1, 2006, 04:59 PM
On 2006-11-30 17:10, AC9breaker wrote:
I loved the Wing/Spoiler mag from PSO. I would like an old man PM so I can name him Old Man pwn or Alfred and he could be my servant and I can act like Batman. Or a Dog PM. Yeah A dog would be sweet like the dog from Men In Black. Or maybe a Pitbull and I can call my guy DMX or something and be all like "WHERE MAH DOGZ AT!?"

That was funny stuff...
But I would love to have a PM like R2D2, since my cast look like Vader in Star Wars...

Pentence
Dec 1, 2006, 05:00 PM
Well we can blame the otaku in japan for this one honestly.Havent you all heard about the gothic lolita syndrom?Women ages16-30 dressing up like little girls from the vctorian era.

Akaimizu
Dec 1, 2006, 05:02 PM
Well, if you're talking Japan, you might as well talk about the Men and Women, ages 16-30, dressing up like little girls from the victorian era. There's even a band or two, both genders, that fit that description.

And if you have a 360 and have picked up Import Tuner (Tokyo Highway Battle), you'll meet characters like that, as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-01 14:05 ]</font>

Gryffin
Dec 1, 2006, 05:06 PM
I agree too... There should be an even number of guy and girl PM's, or guys should only get girl PM's and vice versa.. I dunno, but id like to see every weapon open for PMititude, Axe PM ftw!!1!1

I also think clothes should be cheaper >.<

Inspektahdek
Dec 2, 2006, 11:48 AM
On 2006-11-30 17:29, VelosofLight wrote:

Well, I was really talking about stuff that could already be in the game and noone knows about it yet. Didn't SEGA make it quite clear that when they start adding content that's not already in the game now and just being released, we'll have to buy a disk?

I'm totally not being a smart ass or anything but can you please show me where SEGA made that clear? I'm really curious and not being sarcastic at all and this would actually give me more hope for this game in the long run because it seems that this game at the moment doesnt match my expectations but I know it will in time when content is revealed.
where did you hear or find this information? I know there will be an expansion, sega has already made a home page for the expansion site but nothing more than that. When mentioning the "disc" are you talking about content for the expansion that will be released on a disc or do you mean an additional disc that goes with original PSU?

Please shed some light on me, I'd love to hear great news

Inspektahdek
Dec 2, 2006, 11:52 AM
Overall they missed alot of opportunity for people to evolve PM's. They could even include something in shops that would change the 'basic' design of your PM(male/female, humanoid/mechanical/animal, etc). It could be like a ticket, no different than your room and serving the same function. As for the amount of power needed to handle all these things, please, they aren't some massive, hi-res, hi-poly model, if the game can handle all the individual models, textures, hairs, meshes, ETC of every single character in-game, the PM's aren't going to make that big of a deal considering you can only have one in any particular party.

That's a great idea

Tycho
Dec 2, 2006, 01:04 PM
I just so happened to like females. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Recently, I've also started to be able to appreciate 430 (http://moemi.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu1325.jpg) more. <3

Choja
Dec 2, 2006, 01:10 PM
On 2006-12-02 10:04, Tycho wrote:
I just so happened to like females. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Recently, I've also started to be able to appreciate 430 (http://moemi.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu1325.jpg) more. <3

Appreciation accepted due to awesome picture. Any translations? I only see "hahahaha" and "AHHH" ? Or something. It's still cool. <3

happy_cricket
Dec 2, 2006, 01:14 PM
I would rather have some options where the PM is not a little person. It was cute at first, but after a while they all look the same, especially on the PS2's graphics.

Collar
Dec 2, 2006, 01:29 PM

"You might be on to something. However, you should account for the sense of false security gained on the internet. Anonymity would probably knock a lot of that predicted percent down as well. When people believe they have nothing to be related to other than a discussion bubble on a screen, they tend to throw things out the door and relax a little more.

VelosofLight
Dec 2, 2006, 01:35 PM
On 2006-12-02 08:48, Inspektahdek wrote:

On 2006-11-30 17:29, VelosofLight wrote:

I'm totally not being a smart ass or anything but can you please show me where SEGA made that clear? I'm really curious and not being sarcastic at all and this would actually give me more hope for this game in the long run because it seems that this game at the moment doesnt match my expectations but I know it will in time when content is revealed.
where did you hear or find this information? I know there will be an expansion, sega has already made a home page for the expansion site but nothing more than that. When mentioning the "disc" are you talking about content for the expansion that will be released on a disc or do you mean an additional disc that goes with original PSU?

Please shed some light on me, I'd love to hear great news

Well, I can't really give you a link to it, since I have no idea where I read that, but I think they're going to do it sort of like V2 for the Dreamcast. That's the only way that makes sense for PS2 users, and really, SEGA gets to make a few extra bucks that way instead of just pumping out updates for free. Doesn't it seem like the logical way they'd go?

mogshaz
Dec 2, 2006, 01:36 PM
On 2006-12-02 10:29, Collar wrote:

"You might be on to something. However, you should account for the sense of false security gained on the internet. Anonymity would probably knock a lot of that predicted percent down as well. When people believe they have nothing to be related to other than a discussion bubble on a screen, they tend to throw things out the door and relax a little more.

Lets try and think the worst of people and pretend we are right. seriously, I have no idea how anyone would think having a small man help you fight and build stuff is gay, and your assumption that The bad guys lurking around every corner would shun the small men because 'Homophobia' is marginally paranoid.

Collar
Dec 2, 2006, 02:01 PM
On 2006-12-02 10:36, mogshaz wrote:
Lets try and think the worst of people and pretend we are right. seriously, I have no idea how anyone would think having a small man help you fight and build stuff is gay, and your assumption that The bad guys lurking around every corner would shun the small men because 'Homophobia' is marginally paranoid.

"Har har, let's not jump to conclusions. My statement was based on generalizations of society's view on the subject as a whole, just as Niki's was. Doesn't mean I hold them true to heart or whatever.

But, you should be able to see the overall point based on using the popular generalization that the PMs are 'lolicons', rather than just 'cute robots you raise like sisters and take out to battle and care for'. It's a robot, designed to have an aesthetically pleasing human-ish appearance. They aren't quite Mags, but hey, this isn't quite PSO. Completely different approach.

Besides, if PMs were any 'older' looking, perversion statements would probably rise due to their 'subservient' position as Partner Machines.

Oh noes, full-figured legal womanz robot in my room!

>_>

*Doorlock, followed by squeaking sounds.

"Hey baby, let me oil that up for you!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collar on 2006-12-02 11:02 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 2, 2006, 02:09 PM
It would also be cool to have an over-sized Cast as one of your PM. That way it could balance out the crazy loli's going around saying... "Burn! Hahaha!"

mogshaz
Dec 2, 2006, 02:13 PM
On 2006-12-02 11:01, Collar wrote:

On 2006-12-02 10:36, mogshaz wrote:

"Har har, let's not jump to conclusions. My statement was based on generalizations of society's view on the subject as a whole, just as Niki's was. Doesn't mean I hold them true to heart or whatever.
But, you should be able to see the overall point based on using the popular generalization that the PMs are 'lolicons', rather than just 'cute robots you raise like sisters and take out to battle and care for'. It's a robot, designed to have an aesthetically pleasing human-ish appearance. They aren't quite Mags, but hey, this isn't quite PSO. Completely different approach.

Besides, if PMs were any 'older' looking, perversion statements would probably rise due to their 'subservient' position as Partner Machines.

Oh noes, full-figured legal womanz robot in my room!

>_>

*Doorlock, followed by squeaking sounds.

"Hey baby, let me oil that up for you!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collar on 2006-12-02 11:02 ]</font>

I was mostly responding to the post you quoted, broad stroking 90% of the psu population as Homophobes is way out of line,and just not true to boot, and on the subject of the PMs being 'lolis' i have to say: if they weren't dressed the way they are there would be substantially fewer complaints. Its all skimpy maid outfits and cat costumes, and the worst ones haven't even been released. Those Biki-clad PMs are just creepy. This just happens to be a subject most people (i hope not only americans) get really Irked over.

Pandatron
Dec 2, 2006, 02:18 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing male counter parts of the GH-Models, but i mean i simply wouldn't mind seeing more variety of them in the future which i realize there making the 41x, 42x,43x, 44x, and 45x but generically they all look the same so it's no big deal as of right now. Either way impartiat to the matter more would never hurt content with what's there now.

VelosofLight
Dec 2, 2006, 02:20 PM
But what would the male PMs be numbered as? Since the female PMs are 410-464, would males be 470-494? That's still not as many.

EDIT: Maybe they could make 400-404 male as well, or possibly just give them more variations, ex. 476 instead of just up to 4.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VelosofLight on 2006-12-02 11:22 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 2, 2006, 02:23 PM
On 2006-12-02 11:13, mogshaz wrote:

I was mostly responding to the post you quoted, broad stroking 90% of the psu population as Homophobes is way out of line,and just not true to boot, and on the subject of the PMs being 'lolis' i have to say: if they weren't dressed the way they are there would be substantially fewer complaints. Its all skimpy maid outfits and cat costumes, and the worst ones haven't even been released. Those Biki-clad PMs are just creepy. This just happens to be a subject most people (i hope not only americans) get really Irked over.

[/quote]

It's all about anime and Japanese personality. You'll see things like this all across Japan. Of course bringing such oddities into the eyes of some Americans will make a scene. You'll just have to note that things like Anime + Loli = 18+ minds.>.>

Gryffin
Dec 2, 2006, 02:28 PM
On 2006-12-02 11:20, VelosofLight wrote:
But what would the male PMs be numbered as? Since the female PMs are 410-464, would males be 470-494? That's still not as many.

EDIT: Maybe they could make 400-404 male as well, or possibly just give them more variations, ex. 476 instead of just up to 4.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VelosofLight on 2006-12-02 11:22 ]</font>

In reply to this.. Since The letters previous.. Couldnt there be Like BH (Boy.. Helper?) as opposed to GH (..Girl helper?) And then the same numbers as the GH's with the same weapons and such, Just a male version of... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Collar
Dec 2, 2006, 02:30 PM

"Right, gotcha. I guess I sorta skimmed over Niki's bracketed 'IMO' part of the quoted post. My reply was supposed to be more general than just applying to PSU by itself. >_>

And yeah, the lolibot thing irks me too. Mostly because I never really knew wtf 'loli' was before I was 'enlightened' about it. But hey, what can you do? It's just a video game. Play it as you see it.

I mean, if you want to fantasize about 'interactive' programs with a little robot girl in an online, glow-effect infested video game, well... whatever floats your boat. I'll just stick to trying to get the cat-eared 420 with claws while stabbing @#$% with a house-sized sword.

mogshaz
Dec 2, 2006, 02:34 PM
On 2006-12-02 11:30, Collar wrote:

"Right, gotcha. I guess I sorta skimmed over Niki's bracketed 'IMO' part of the quoted post. My reply was supposed to be more general than just applying to PSU by itself. >_>

And yeah, the lolibot thing irks me too. Mostly because I never really knew wtf 'loli' was before I was 'enlightened' about it. But hey, what can you do? It's just a video game. Play it as you see it.

I mean, if you want to fantasize about 'interactive' programs with a little robot girl in an online, glow-effect infested video game, well... whatever floats your boat. I'll just stick to trying to get the cat-eared 420 with claws while stabbing @#$% with a house-sized sword.

Is this the part where we argue wether sex is more offensive than violence?

Collar
Dec 2, 2006, 09:54 PM
On 2006-12-02 11:34, mogshaz wrote:
Is this the part where we argue wether sex is more offensive than violence?

"Nah'. This is the part in the thread where we agree that both are equally awesome. Oh, and there is some turnabout from all the offtopic exchanges.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind extra diversity with the PMs any more than the next person. More content = win.

XHunter
Dec 2, 2006, 10:00 PM
I would like the fact of haveing a dude bot, also it would have been cool if you could choose whether or not you wanted your PM to evolve or not...It would be so Awesome just to watch the armless PM going around headbutting everything. Greatest EvA!.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XHunter on 2006-12-04 13:09 ]</font>

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 3, 2006, 07:59 AM
i try to fix the camera so i can get an upskirt of my PM when im in my room *gets the tissues*

Franz
Dec 3, 2006, 08:13 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-7/1199137/psu20061204_010020_000.JPG

I just noticed this today in the Motoab synth shop , manly blue PM ball with a moustache , oppinsinte a female pink ball PM.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-7/1199137/psu20061204_010044_001.JPG

Niki
Dec 4, 2006, 12:02 AM
Sorry if anyone felt accused of being homophobic. The"~90%" is referring to my estimate of the PSU player population that fits the male-under-30 demographic. I believe the estimate to be more-or-less applicable to most video games. It happens to be a coincidence that, in my experience, said demographic, when compared to others, most prominently exhibits more animosity than goodwill towards men who are attracted to men. I find this especially true when said individuals within the demographic can use the software to congregate socially, anonymously, and with impunity. I've seen more than a few instances of Alt+N = "fa99ot sh1t". Yet I've seen plenty of instances when such "flamboyant" behaviour is ignored or encouraged.

I'm not qualified to say whether or not that makes me marginally paranoid, so I'd leave that judgment in the capable hands of mogshaz.

My opinion on the topic is unchanged.

lavosmanx
Dec 4, 2006, 01:32 AM
I don't got no objections to male PM's... however if all PM's in the online mode are based off of Pete, then Pete is simply female. I dont care what anyone says. That is a female voice and I expect it to be female. Now if they could allow you to switch the voice for the gender of the PM then I wouldn't care. But I certainly do not want transgendered PM's its a bit stupid. Not to mention this could open a pandoras box of bad ideas... like marriages and what not. A video game does not need such a social structure in it. Its not made for all of that kind of complicated stuff. If you want male Pm's thats fine... but dont go too far by saying the PM's are born gay or straight or any of that stuff!

Tsudori
Dec 4, 2006, 10:55 AM
Doesn't really bother me as long as it gets the job done. But variety never hurt anyone. Wonder if they may start adding animals as well?

chibiLegolas
Dec 4, 2006, 11:33 AM
On 2006-11-30 16:05, Tarathiel wrote:
its a bit sexist not having male pm's to both guys and girls...i meen it shows that girls serve guys to just have female pms and it also might make the girls uncomfortable.... just my two mesetas

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tarathiel on 2006-11-30 16:06 ]</font>

Kinda feels that way to me now that you mention it.
I just took it that they're catering ONLY to the male fans and are ignoring their female audience.
Lolibots are fine and all, but for the love of god, give the girls some cute male equivilents as well!

If I'm gonna have a servant, I'd much rather have a cute guy than a cute girl.

lavosmanx
Dec 4, 2006, 03:02 PM
The female audiance gets more luck then the male audiance does... that's not sexist to me... And personally it doesn't mater since alot of the male audiance go as female characters anyway. We al know this to be true...

wiseman
Dec 4, 2006, 03:58 PM
On 2006-11-30 16:16, darkgunner wrote:
I like my lolibots

What he said.

Shotabots would be infinitely more scary than lolibots.