PDA

View Full Version : 360 - connection problems

TangledWeb3917
Nov 30, 2006, 07:13 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else was having problems connecting to the 360 server ...

Whenever I try to connect I get a message that says: Could not connect to PSU server. The server may be undergoing maintenance ... it's very possible that theres a problem with my modem i just wanted to check before i started messing around with it ^_^

KirinDave
Nov 30, 2006, 07:15 PM
I have had more problems connecting recently. But not from that message. Your modem may not be up.

TangledWeb3917
Nov 30, 2006, 07:19 PM
It's weird ... when I'm in the 360 dash I can sighn online - check my messages see who's online and all that jazz but I can't connect to the PSU server. I've got it hooked up with a hub so I'm thinking that the connection might be to slow to connect ... or something along those lines

Camdino
Nov 30, 2006, 07:32 PM
Or it could be that Sega has put their super duper software engineers in control of the networking function of PSU and now not only do they not want to provide updates but they dont want you to be able to connect to the servers either....Sneeky Sega you doggs!

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Nov 30, 2006, 07:39 PM
Have you tried reseting your xbox? that solves all problems.

McLaughlin
Nov 30, 2006, 07:42 PM
>_> No it doesn't.

The only error I get is the Interrupt Request error, which is something Sega has yet to fix.

I don't know why you're getting the Maintenance error. Maybe it's your hub?

TangledWeb3917
Nov 30, 2006, 07:48 PM
On 2006-11-30 16:39, AlieNxxxxxxxx wrote:
Have you tried reseting your xbox? that solves all problems.

Yeah I've restarted my system with no such luck ... I'm still geting the same message. Would sega keep me from going online if the connections slow?

I think i'm going to call x-box live and see if they have any ideAS

MayLee
Nov 30, 2006, 07:50 PM
I get the cannot connect to server a lot. So I return to the Dashboard and ry again..I beleive its a glitch.

Knowbodie
Nov 30, 2006, 07:55 PM
If you're talking about "server interrupt request," i get that problem alot. at least once every time i log in (I wish there was a switch character option w/o logging out).

Ryoga4523
Nov 30, 2006, 08:06 PM
yeah that is ultra gary... minus the r

Thrash777
Nov 30, 2006, 08:39 PM
set your DNS servers to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 on the 360 dashboard network settings and that should solve most connetion issues...

also, this topic shouldn't be here...

McLaughlin
Nov 30, 2006, 09:06 PM
Except in some cases (like mine) switching your DNS to manual will not allow the console to connect to Xbox Live.

It's a pretty stupid "fix" in the first place. Having a static DNS is never a good idea. Not to mention they didn't fix the Retry button, even though they said they did.

You don't need to quit to the Dashboard though, just hit Disconnect and try again.