Nov 30, 2006, 11:07 PM
On 2006-11-30 19:55, Choja wrote:

On 2006-11-30 19:54, Sychosis wrote:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155591

...One word: Owned.

Let's see everyone scream now.

On 2006-11-30 20:34, Sychosis wrote:

Phantasy Star Online December Content Update
Massive content update for PSU. Details inside.
by James Mielke, 11/30/2006

Although the game has only been out for a little over a month now, it wasn't long before Phantasy Star Universe players started hitting the level cap, conquering all of the missions, and began looking for new things to do. Well, take heart, because we've got the details on Sega's upcoming December plans for their online RPG, the first of which will take place on Dec. 8th. Sega informs us that they will update PSU on a weekly basis starting with the December 8th content release. For more information check the official website, but if you're eager to see what's coming, peruse our list below, and check out our new screenshots of the new weapons that will be available in-game after the Dec. 8th update.

New Classes: GUARDIANS can now be specialized in one of 7 new hybrid classes available at the GUARDIANS HQ. These new classes will enable GUARDIANS to level up to use A and S rank weapons.
Fighgunner
Guntecher
Wartecher
Fortefight
Fortegunner
Fortetecher
Protranser

Weapons: The following weapon types are now available to GUARDIANs in certain planet shops. GUARDIANs can be more versatile in their fight against the SEED.
Card [Neudaiz]
Grenade [Moatoob]
Axe [Moatoob]
Double Saber [Parum]
Claw [Neudaiz]
Twin Claw [Neudaiz]
Laser Cannon [Parum]
Crossbow [Moatoob]

Weapon Ranks update: B and A ranked (5-8 star) weapons, gears and boards will now be available at all shops.

SUV Weapons: Two new SUV units for CASTs will now be available: Rafal Buster, and Sturm Buster.

Level Cap: The current level cap has been increased to level 60, and Photon abilities and TECHNICs can now be raised to level 30 depending on your character class.

Partner Machinery: Partner Machinery 'Device Zero' will be available, enabling you to return your Partner Machinery to its original state and start from the beginning if you don't like how it's developed.

Missions: Over 10 S Rank quests will be opened up on all planets, including a brand new dragon.

CLASS INFORMATION: Some basic information for new players, followed by the advanced classes one can upgrade to after December 8th.

Hunter: A balanced type with High attack power, good for melee combat. Skilled in use of Striking weapons. A good fit for beginning players.

Ranger: A ranged fighter that can defeat enemies and support allies from a distance. The type's High accuracy makes firearms an ideal fit. Suited for intermediate players.

Force: A type geared toward TECHNICs use. Allows advanced players to play a variety of different roles from powerful attacks to healing and support.

Fighgunner: An advanced type combining the abilities of Hunters and Rangers. Primary strength is in striking weapons, but can also use ranged weapons.
Skills: Up to lvl 30
Bullets: Up to lvl 20
Technics: Cannot Use
Requirements: Hunter lvl 5, Ranger lvl 3

Guntecher: An advanced type combining the abilities of Rangers and Forces. Can use both firearms and TECHNICs for the ultimate in long range attacks.
Skills: Up to lvl 10
Bullets: Up to lvl 30
Technics: Up to lvl 10
Requirements: Ranger: lvl 5, Force: lvl 3

Wartecher: An advanced type combining the abilities of Forces and Hunters. Uses TECHNICs and striking attacks.
Skills: Up to lvl 20
Bullets: Up to lvl 10
Technics: Up to lvl 20
Requirements: Hunter: lvl 3, Force: lvl 5

Fortefighter: An expert melee fighter focused on striking attacks. Weapon choice is limited but attack and defensive power is unparalleled.
Bullets: Up to lvl 10
Requirements: Hunter lvl 10

Fortegunner: An expert ranged fighter focused on firearms. Weapon choice is limited, but attack power and accuracy are unparalleled.
Skills: Up to lvl 10
Requirements: Ranger: lvl 10

Fortetecher:
An expert TECHNIC user that canuse all TECHNICs with unmatched power. Lacks a strong defense in combat.
Skills: Up to lvl 1
Technics: Up to lvl 30
Requirements: Force: lvl 10

Protranser: An experimental type that is well-versed in use of traps. All traps become several times more powerful.
Requirements: Hunter: lvl 5, Ranger: lvl 5, Force: lvl 5

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-11-30 21:21 ]</font>

ChocoboChad
Nov 30, 2006, 11:07 PM
Whoo hoo. Sounds good to me.

Auronp
Nov 30, 2006, 11:09 PM
Can't believe it, and they said on a weekly basis. This is crazy! See all ya'll said the 14th, so lets show some faith in ST.

Sychosis
Nov 30, 2006, 11:13 PM
I sure hope the name doesn't stay Fortetecher. It sounds so stupid.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2006-11-30 20:13 ]</font>

Auronp
Nov 30, 2006, 11:15 PM
Also its a big improvment over the two updates by dec.15th they told us about.

TheTasuke
Dec 1, 2006, 12:19 AM
Hurray!

princejake2
Dec 1, 2006, 12:20 AM
The page won't load >:O

EDIT: w00t! If they stick to this, it'll be way better then bi-weekly updates, and well worth the wait. This also gives me another week to get some cash and try to cap FO and RA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: princejake2 on 2006-11-30 21:23 ]</font>

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 12:22 AM
On 2006-11-30 21:20, princejake2 wrote:
The page won't load >:O

There you go sir. It's on the first post, now in text form!

princejake2
Dec 1, 2006, 12:24 AM
Thanks Ghoja, much appriciated ^_^

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 12:25 AM
On 2006-11-30 21:24, princejake2 wrote:
Thanks Ghoja, much appriciated ^_^

Wow, my name got misspelled in the forums for the first time! Awesome. So, does everyone still hate Sega or is all forgiven because they're giving you a bone?

Sychosis
Dec 1, 2006, 12:29 AM
I forgave SEGA after watching that...whatever...in your sig.

I don't know what happened in it, but that melody was stuck in my head all night.

What a horrible night it was...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2006-11-30 21:38 ]</font>

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 12:31 AM
On 2006-11-30 21:29, Sychosis wrote:
I forgave SEGA after watching that...whatever...in your sig.

I don't know what happened in it, but that melody was stuck in my head all night.

What a horible night it was...

Shrine Maiden - Touhou - "Marisa Stole The Precious Thing" It's on Youtube, for whatever reason.
And yes, it's catchy. More catchy than a subpar Katamari song. :(
Listening to: We Love Katamari - DiscoxPrince
Well, got to go. Whatever!

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 1, 2006, 12:36 AM
Well. The ones that cancelled and now returning again have just wasted money on frustration lol. gg
but welcome back to those that are returning ;3

Yoruichi
Dec 1, 2006, 12:38 AM
Dj and here I thought you died or something.

DonRoyale
Dec 1, 2006, 12:39 AM
They resorted to IGN. Wow, Clumsy, you've made some pretty stupid moves, but that took the cake.

Perhaps you were busy playing with the JP upgrades, but seriously, IGN? Wow.

I'm happy for one, it'll make this game actually worth playing.

I still hate ST, and have ever since...Oh, I don't even know anymore, he's fucked us over on BB so much I don't even know what opinion I should have on them. >>

KirinDave
Dec 1, 2006, 12:40 AM
Damn.

That's great. Anyone who says ST hates the US players, suck this down.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 1, 2006, 12:44 AM
On 2006-11-30 21:38, Yoruichi wrote:

o.o died how? >.> If it's about posting... I rather not resort to posting anything about things such as flaming,battles against PSU's official forums,suuggesting another contest, etc.

I just want to have fun and dont feel like being attacked on much. Meh.

Other than being off-topic... Now that the updates are being released... ESPECIALLY it being WEEKLY... This will really change some pace...

Yoruichi
Dec 1, 2006, 12:46 AM
On 2006-11-30 21:44, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

On 2006-11-30 21:38, Yoruichi wrote:

o.o died how? >.> If it's about posting... I rather not resort to posting anything about things such as flaming,battles against PSU's official forums,suuggesting another contest, etc.

I just want to have fun and dont feel like being attacked on much. Meh.

Other than being off-topic... Now that the updates are being released... ESPECIALLY it being WEEKLY... This will really change some pace...

Nothing like that, I just have to get my money back on some voodoo dolls I stabbed to death...you didn't have any chest pains, headaches or anything?

Genobee
Dec 1, 2006, 12:46 AM
I got one thing to say I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY TO BE FUCKING WRONG IN MY LIFE!

Genobee
Dec 1, 2006, 12:49 AM
and holy shit Fortetechers do have 30 bullets, can any one say "fuck gun techers?"

Yoruichi
Dec 1, 2006, 12:50 AM
guntechers have a nasty crit bonus and alot more ata than a fortecher, atp is decently better to i'd guess

Genobee
Dec 1, 2006, 12:54 AM
On 2006-11-30 21:50, Yoruichi wrote:
guntechers have a nasty crit bonus and alot more ata than a fortecher, atp is decently better to i'd guess

hahah thats cute cause 30 tech give a shit about Ata or ATp

Yoruichi
Dec 1, 2006, 12:56 AM
On 2006-11-30 21:49, Genobee wrote:
and holy shit Fortetechers do have 30 bullets, can any one say "fuck gun techers?"

Look at that post and think...done?

why the hell would you care about bullets then moron lmao god just lmao

Genobee
Dec 1, 2006, 01:04 AM
On 2006-11-30 21:56, Yoruichi wrote:

On 2006-11-30 21:49, Genobee wrote:

Look at that post and think...done?

why the hell would you care about bullets then moron lmao god just lmao

I think the 10 lvl more the make up for the lack of atp or ata.

Yoruichi
Dec 1, 2006, 01:09 AM
If your talking about techs its 20 levels and yes you choose fortecher for techs, as for using a bow as a fortecher, atp isn't a primary stat thus you'd be late getting into alot of weapons and some mabey not at all. The newman figunner barely got into the S rank doublesaber as a example.

SonicTMP
Dec 1, 2006, 01:14 AM
so we get an announcment of an update. I'll celebrate once I have my double saber in my hands. Yes i'm being pestimistic about it. With ST's currenttrack record I'd rather not expect much and be plessantly suprisied rather than hold my breath till the awaited day and get told something stupid like 1 more day or whatever else might set the community off.

hydrallus
Dec 1, 2006, 02:27 AM
double b0n3rs for double saber as the kids say.