PDA

View Full Version : NPCs say the Darndest things! (Possible Spoiler....Maybe)

MayLee
Dec 1, 2006, 09:57 AM
While I was playing story mode I was on Chapter 7, I beleive fighting with Hyuga and Maya, there was a moment when Hyuuga caught on fire and he said, "My beautiful face!" and it made me laugh so hard.. >.<

Also, those NPCs running around the cities say pretty weird thing, like the CAST hanging around the G.R.M shop in Parum that said she wanted to have a baby. w-(O_O)-w Whoah..since when can CASTs reproduce? Also, what's up with the chick in Parum West Distract holding up the juice shop? What's her deal with Ethan?

ChyronType0
Dec 1, 2006, 10:06 AM
Speaking of CASTs, would killing a CAST be seen as murder?

MayLee
Dec 1, 2006, 10:13 AM
On 2006-12-01 07:06, ChyronType0 wrote:

I always see it as, "Deletion":P

Maxson
Dec 1, 2006, 10:14 AM
I'd think so. We know CASTs are sentient; you can probably blow up whatever gives a CAST his/her personality. Of course, with Moon Atomizers/Scape Dolls, you get the same old question about Aeris and Phoenix Downs- why does anyone die?

*minor story spoilers*
I have no idea how CASTs reproduce though. The fact that Maya can seduce a male CAST raises all sorts of strange questions.

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 10:17 AM
On 2006-12-01 07:13, MayLee wrote:

On 2006-12-01 07:06, ChyronType0 wrote:

I always see it as, "Deletion":P

Deletion is only on the 'net, May~
Darndest as in funny or just plain wrong? Or mean.
I've heard on CAST at uhhh... that one chapter with the maiden say after that "You should have left the divine maiden to die. >:(" or something like that. That's just goddamn mean, but CASTs are racist like that, or just emotionless machines that laugh at what are called "feelings"
I'm waiting for a party member to mimic every NPC line said in combat. XD

EDIT: Maxson contradicted me? RUN!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-12-01 07:18 ]</font>

ChyronType0
Dec 1, 2006, 10:20 AM
Deletion huh? I'll buy it. But on topic I personally enjoy 430's occasional wacky lines during combat like "Whee!" and "They are cute, but not cuter than me". She never shuts up...lol

lordzanon
Dec 1, 2006, 10:23 AM
On 2006-12-01 07:14, Maxson wrote:
I'd think so. We know CASTs are sentient; you can probably blow up whatever gives a CAST his/her personality. Of course, with Moon Atomizers/Scape Dolls, you get the same old question about Aeris and Phoenix Downs- why does anyone die?

*minor story spoilers*
I have no idea how CASTs reproduce though. The fact that Maya can seduce a male CAST raises all sorts of strange questions.

Lets set things strait. It was nei who died 1st and yuo couldnt clone her, however before she" died you could. Obiously square saw how this impacted fans and had to copy by letting aeris get stabber and just did it in a more emo way.

A2K
Dec 1, 2006, 10:24 AM

*minor story spoilers*

Ah, but you see, actually Sonic Team chooses their words carefully. In battle no actually dies, in the game it's always referred to as being "incapacitated". Death is permanent, incapacitation is not.

lordzanon
Dec 1, 2006, 10:27 AM
so does that mean we only icapacitate mobs?.

" Player d gets hit buy a huge sword that gores right thru him and now hes incapacitated >.<"

Kupi
Dec 1, 2006, 10:29 AM
Considering that Casts can also be Poisoned and Infected, I think a Cast is really a modified human in the same way that Newmans and Beasts are. Think of them more as cyborgs than strictly as machines. Lou's probably the exception rather than the norm.

lordzanon
On 2006-12-01 07:20, ChyronType0 wrote:
Deletion huh? I'll buy it. But on topic I personally enjoy 430's occasional wacky lines during combat like "Whee!" and "They are cute, but not cuter than me". She never shuts up...lol

my 420 spams"they are cute however we have to destroy them"

yep shes naughty

Weeaboolits
410: "they look so weak!"
Me: "What?! it's a freakin' DELJABAN! You just got one shotted by one TWO MINUTES AGO!"

Akaimizu
Dec 1, 2006, 10:30 AM
Very true. They are pretty careful with their words. Ever since Phantasy Star II, where the universe of Phantasy has lost and forgotten the *magics* of the past; there was no such thing as ressurrection. If you die, you die, and there's no coming back, but someone can clone you.

I actually love the 420. The 410s are neat, but they are mean smack-talkers. The 420s are like the nicer, kinder smack-talkers. I've raised two of them offline, and I plan to raise my final and 3rd online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-01 07:32 ]</font>

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 10:30 AM
On 2006-12-01 07:27, lordzanon wrote:
so does that mean we only icapacitate mobs?.

" Player d gets hit buy a huge sword that gores right thru him and now hes incapacitated >.<"

Getting nanobot'd or using a supah TECHNIC to the head really accounts to dying, you know. I should also hunt YOUR character down for spoiling me with that Nei thing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Doh42
Dec 1, 2006, 10:38 AM
"Do not be fooled by an innoncent appearance" is a macro of one of my friend (HUCaseal), quoting Lou.
"See, I have the knack?" is seen left and right in the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I acted as an NPC for fun once, saying stuff like "That's all you've got?" "Spread out for an attack!" "From Behind!" during a mission or two. Barrel o' laughs.

DikkyRay
Dec 1, 2006, 10:45 AM
*minor story spoilers*

and "Oh, we're taking a field trip to study the jungle" On the CoG Guard to get Mirei to Karen, she used her sex appeal there, and i belive there was one other time...
But back to the original question, yes NPCs say te funniest things. In games where there are PM's the pm usually goes "Ho!" And I'll complain that shes making vulger references to VR Raiden

Weeaboolits
Dec 1, 2006, 10:48 AM
"Don't be fooled by an innocent appearance!"
"Don't let your guard down because they're cute!"
"Cute?! The thing's an abomination! There's nothing cute about a Bel Pannon!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2006-12-01 07:50 ]</font>

etlitch
Dec 1, 2006, 11:22 AM
If there was a PvP, I'd be incapacitating guys. Nt really my preferece but wow does that sound hot

Saner
Dec 1, 2006, 12:57 PM
Sheena is a new legend. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

but ya its always entertaining what they say and stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shadow_Wing
Dec 1, 2006, 01:04 PM
"Don't be fooled by their appearance." -Lou
"I'm going in, cover me <insert name here>" -Lou
"Uh oh, it seems I've overheated" -PM410
"They're cute, but I'm cuter" -PM430
"Hahahaha Burn!" -PM450

My team would randomly start quoting NPCs just for the fun of it lol, good times XD.

Akaimizu
Dec 1, 2006, 01:41 PM
Actually, I'm already preparing a poster advertising Sheena's education program, in the future. It'll have a caption like:

S H E E N A
--- Lessonsing the Englished ---

"Language, Please! Learn it!"

Franz
Dec 1, 2006, 01:44 PM
Ethan can never appease the female beasts , the female beast on Moatob CH6 is my favirote line so far.

"You gunna lick my boots or what?"

I see where the game got its suggistive theme rating from http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kent
Dec 1, 2006, 01:57 PM
Of course, with Moon Atomizers/Scape Dolls, you get the same old question about Aeris and Phoenix Downs- why does anyone die?

I'm surprised people still bring this up... Phoenix Downs remove KO, not Death. KO, being the same thing as Incapacitation, which is what Moon Atomizers/Scape Dolls remove. The word "revive" doesn't always mean to recover from death or anything like that - it can also be used for, say, someone coming out of a coma, or other form of incapacitation.

Spacepest
Dec 1, 2006, 02:03 PM
I don't have my PM yet, but one of my friends has his. She has a tendency to say "Yeah!" all the time. Its kind of odd to be chatting in game, and to have a PM blurt "Yeah!" in agreement. Its almost like have a mentally handicapped party member.

DikkyRay
Dec 1, 2006, 02:05 PM
On 2006-12-01 10:57, Kent wrote:

Of course, with Moon Atomizers/Scape Dolls, you get the same old question about Aeris and Phoenix Downs- why does anyone die?

I'm surprised people still bring this up... Phoenix Downs remove KO, not Death. KO, being the same thing as Incapacitation, which is what Moon Atomizers/Scape Dolls remove. The word "revive" doesn't always mean to recover from death or anything like that - it can also be used for, say, someone coming out of a coma, or other form of incapacitation.

Well to clear up even more of the aeris thing...
I read somehwere someting special about Sephiroth. Well, ok not Sephiroth but his sword; Murasame (someone check the name, it could be some other name). But the sword is pretty much excalibur, but in evil form. When someone its stabbed, they just dont die physically, their soul is also stabbed. That is why they could not revive Aeris, and why Cloud goes on doubting himself until Advent Children. Ill look for where i got that information, and re-edit this lol.

Kent
Dec 1, 2006, 02:10 PM
It's Masamune, and if Aeris' soul got stabbed as well, then she wouldn't have been able to provide any assistance and guidance to Cloud, afterward (such as in Advent Children).

Not to mention, Cloud does get stabbed by the very same sword in Final Fantasy VII, and he's still completely intact... Unless you're saying he doesn't have said "soul" or something.

Akaimizu
Dec 1, 2006, 02:13 PM
It's only mainly sad, because for many people; at that time, Aeris was powerful enough to easily see that coming and could beat Sephiroth by herself. Technically, people are simply throwing stuff in there about Sephiroth's sword just to make the whole scene believable, in a way. However, it almost seems like it was more afterthought, after the whole outcry, than forethought.

DikkyRay
Dec 1, 2006, 02:16 PM
likei said, lemme get the real info, i just had remembered this

DikkyRay
Dec 1, 2006, 02:25 PM
On 2006-12-01 11:10, Kent wrote:
It's Masamune

are you sure? Because i wiki'd it (and all your other points are very valid, but i do remember someithing about if you are stabbed by the blade, you cannot be revived)
as for the Masamune:

The swords of Masamune are often contrasted with those of Muramasa, another Japanese swordsmith. Muramasa has alternatively been described (incorrectly) as a full contemporary of Masamune, or as Masamune's student. Since Muramasa dated his work, it is known he worked right around 1500 AD, and as such he lived too late to have met Masamune. In legend and fantasy, Muramasa's blades are described as bloodthirsty or evil while Masamune's are considered the mark of an internally peaceful and calm warrior.

i got that from wikipedia, and yea. Masamune=Peaceful which sure as hell does not = Sephiroth, i think its Muramasa

ChrisKo
Dec 1, 2006, 02:25 PM
To understand how you are wrong please look up the story of the two swordsmiths:

"Masamune and Muramasa"

Some of the story is also pretty well written into "Samuri Deeper Kyo".

Kent
Dec 1, 2006, 02:31 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masamune_%28video_game_weapon%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephiroth_%28Final_Fantasy_VII%29

Yes, it's Masamune. I've played through FFVII enough times, already. :/

Arislan
Dec 1, 2006, 02:36 PM
Well, looking at the overall PS lore, it looks like Gurhal is another settlement, which is *extremely* similar to the original PS system of Algol (Parum = Palma, Moatoob = Motav, etc).

Given that, and taking PSO as something taking place later on in the same timeline (far after PSIV), Casts are the same in PSU as PSO, except that the Gurhal Casts can use Techs. Ragol's Casts were nearly exterminated, and given status as Humanoids afterwards, in order to provide them similar rights to normal humans/newmans. So, yes, killing them would be murder, if laws evolved the same way in Gurhal as Ragol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2006-12-01 11:36 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Dec 1, 2006, 02:38 PM
On 2006-12-01 11:31, Kent wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masamune_%28video_game_weapon%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephiroth_%28Final_Fantasy_VII%29

Yes, it's Masamune. I've played through FFVII enough times, already. :/

I cave, you win lol...
i still wanna find that article i mentioned earlier... all i remember was that there was a quiz, then the info..

Akaimizu
Dec 1, 2006, 02:41 PM
Well, the way I see it, Casts today are like PSO casts but more advanced. Newman Scientist Montague (Not sure I have the spelling right) was that guy who had Elenor, correct? She was one of the first Casts with such a high degree of human-like emotions. (there was also a sister for her). But I think he was responsible for the spark that brings us the emotional casts today. That, and they also seem to have the capability of more advanced movement to better mimic human mannerisms and walk patterns. When I started to see Casts, very early in the storymode; I simply got that initial shock of how far Casts have come since the PSO timeline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-01 11:44 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Dec 1, 2006, 02:43 PM
Well i think its like what LOU always talks about.
CASTS DO HAVE EMOTIONS! the only problem is that these are obsolete to them and they just delete them like old files
UH OH! SPOILER! remember when you had to rescue the LOU one time? She did die.. but before that she shed a tear. The Lou that was there was amazed because apperantly this Lou did not delete all the emotions
No haxing and looking at this if you havent beaten the game yet.

Ronzeru
Dec 1, 2006, 02:43 PM
Phoenix downs revived people that were knocked out unconcious, and placed into critical physical conditions. But whenever someone actually DIED, that's completely different.

etlitch
Dec 1, 2006, 02:44 PM
Does'nt matter much, both the PM and the female CAST are:

1. Female
2. Mass produced by only GRM*
3. Probaly sold for not that very much in this "game world"

http://xs110.xs.to/xs110/06485/anitemformen.jpg
CAST female stripped from all parts. Mass-produced, amrite?

Akaimizu
Dec 1, 2006, 02:46 PM
Casts of old actually didn't have Emotions, that was the big point. It was also why Elenor (in PSO) was so significant. Pretty much all of the other casts, back then, acted simply to program. Straight, to the point, all business....emotionless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-01 11:47 ]</font>

Lastat27
Dec 1, 2006, 02:46 PM
On topic:
PM 420: "Ho!"
PM 440: "They may be cute but I can take 'em"
PM 440: "Hey Lastat, where you at?"
PM 440: "Hey Lastat, where you been?"
PM 440: "Playin' Dirty"
PM 440: "Hot tamale comin' through!"
Lou: "You have exceeded my expectations!"

Off topic: Aeris (an Ancient), goes to the Ancient's Forest alone. Why? To prevent the futures impending doom of course. She let herself be killed giving her enough time to activate Holy. Death to an ancient doesn't really matter as returning to the earth is a blessing to them.

(Note: Aeris could see into the future through visions. She knows her "step" mothers husband is dead, she knows Cloud will sneak out of her home at night, and you can bet she knew what was going to happen when she followed a white badass samurai alone at night through a dark forest. She had street smarts ya'know!) Holy FTW!

Kent
Dec 1, 2006, 02:47 PM
Ehh... Yes, CASTs do have emotions. Lou specifically states that emotions are a waste of CPU cycles/processes - and later shows that she does, indeed, have them. CASTs do have emotions, but like all computers, certain programs can be disabled, and this is the case with CASTs.

etlitch
Dec 1, 2006, 02:47 PM
What about MR. GARRGH I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL??

I don't think CASTS without emotions would say something like that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2006-12-01 11:48 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Dec 1, 2006, 02:48 PM
On 2006-12-01 11:47, Kent wrote:
Ehh... Yes, CASTs do have emotions.

They do now. I was stating the difference between how the average CAST is built in PSU as opposed to way back in PSO. Years have gone by since PSO.

Arislan
Dec 1, 2006, 02:49 PM
Simple, that was programming corrupted by MOTHER, which was itself corrupted by Dark Falz.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2006-12-01 11:50 ]</font>

Kent
Dec 1, 2006, 02:50 PM
On 2006-12-01 11:48, Akaimizu wrote:

On 2006-12-01 11:47, Kent wrote:
Ehh... Yes, CASTs do have emotions.

They do now. I was stating the difference between how the average CAST is built in PSU as opposed to way back in PSO. Years have gone by since PSO.

...Assuming that PSO and PSU take place in the same timeline, that is.

Akaimizu
Dec 1, 2006, 02:54 PM
On 2006-12-01 11:50, Kent wrote:
...Assuming that PSO and PSU take place in the same timeline, that is.

Yep, that's assuming that PSU actually has the events of PSO as past history. The only (in game) hint that I've seen, that the events of PSO might have really happened and are acknowledged by PSU is a particular Cast design Female Casts can choose when making body parts. I believe it was Elenor, they were talking about, when it came to the description of it being designed after a historical Cast who's words have inspired Peace. Now it might not be her, but the design look and that description definitely fit Elenor into the mold.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-01 11:57 ]</font>

ChrisKo
Dec 1, 2006, 02:55 PM
I give up Kent is always .000000000001 seconds faster than me with almost the exact same thing. GG back to work for me.

MayLee
Dec 1, 2006, 03:24 PM
On 2006-12-01 11:49, Arislan wrote:

Simple, that was programming corrupted by MOTHER, which was itself corrupted by Dark Falz.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2006-12-01 11:50 ]</font>
Hhahahaha.

Some of the CASTS in Parum are just plain evil, just makes me want to crack Gizande on their face.

Hyuuga gets on my nerves. "My beautiful face!" Now now, Mr. Wright. We wouldn't have this problem if you didn't suck so much..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif