PDA

View Full Version : flouresent lightbulb or durandal

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Dec 1, 2006, 10:06 AM
I am a level 8 hunter and I can use the lightbulb, but I must buy it from a shop, and I was just wondering if it is better than a saber or a brand or a buster... Since I only have those items... So umm, yea lol...

And about the durandal - what color is it?

AngelLight
Dec 1, 2006, 10:12 AM
like any Kubara Weapon, it's a High Risk, High Reward weapon. Bulbs are awesome weapons IF you grind it really high. Keep in mind that this is compared to comparible even starred and even ranked weapon.

However.....as a hunter, you have far better options available to you (and prolly for cheaper). Bulbs are good for rangers and forces who want a disrupt (and while I use a bulb, I feel that one handed daggers are a better choice due to the fact that the current PA does knockdown and not send a target flying and also because dagger PA allows you to move around some so there's defensive benefits from it)....but you can get b ranks for cheaper then the bulb sword.

Keep in mind that the Bulb sword does have slightly higher PP regen (and even higher still then rangers and forces due to it being a Hunter Job type weapon speciality)....but IMO unless you want a show-off rare, dont bother with it unless you farm up all the parts yourself. Instead move on to 4 and 5 stars instead.

Hope that helps

Strider_M
Dec 1, 2006, 10:17 AM
The lightbulb is cool But I can't really tell you if its better than a Brand or Buster...
IT'S DEFINTELY BETTER THAN A SABER. but you gotta check up the stats on the other ones...

Oh yeah! go here! http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/

I just remembered PSOW has a item database.

Last about weapons colors. Unlike PSO where an weapons color showed how powerful something was. On Phantasy Star Universe it shows what element the item possesses.

For example your starting saber was a haze-green, this means there's NO Element.

So if you see someone running around with a bright red sword, it most likely a fire element sword (Or Ground element) so there's blue-ice, yellow-shock, purple-dark & white-light

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Dec 1, 2006, 10:36 AM
Where do I go about getting a purple sword? I have seen one and I want one really bad... lol.
And I was also looking for a red one. Where do I go about buying these?

-Ryuki-
Dec 1, 2006, 10:39 AM
Player Shops.

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 10:40 AM
On 2006-12-01 07:36, AlieNxxxxxxxx wrote:
Where do I go about getting a purple sword? I have seen one and I want one really bad... lol.

You synth them up. I think Red is "Ban-Photon" and "Megi-Photon" is Purple/Dark. You replace the ??? photon with the photon element you want. It only works for melee weapons, though.
Tell me, is there an increase of Gra-Photons since Agata Relics opened? There's more a surge of Megi-Photons.

Weeaboolits
Dec 1, 2006, 10:40 AM
On 2006-12-01 07:36, AlieNxxxxxxxx wrote:

for Purple, synth with dark element (Megi-Photon)
Red is fire or earth, oddly earth is slightly more vibrant... (Ban-Photon=Fire, Di-Photon=Earth)
I like Ice and Light best! Ray, and Gra-Photons for everyone!

Schubalts
Dec 1, 2006, 10:46 AM
I have 75 megi-photons in my shop...30 meseta each, for a week now. You guys suck!

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Dec 1, 2006, 10:54 AM
Wait... so I have to find one of those synth boards and then synth a weapon with the specific photon that I want to make it a certain color?
I see... I must find a good board then.

-Ryuki-
Dec 1, 2006, 10:56 AM
Buy them. It's easier on you than synthing. Trust me. TRUST me.

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 10:58 AM
On 2006-12-01 07:46, Schubalts wrote:
I have 75 megi-photons in my shop...30 meseta each, for a week now. You guys suck!

because anyone can spam Linear Line. ;)

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Dec 1, 2006, 11:01 AM
Wait... I am confused http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Can I just put any random weapon into my PM and then add photons to it to make it change colors?

-Ryuki-
Dec 1, 2006, 11:02 AM
Nope. Never. If you have a board, however, THEN you can change colors, through synthing. Otherwise, you cannot change what's already been made.

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Dec 1, 2006, 11:14 AM
Ummm... But you said "Buy them. It's easier on you than synthing. Trust me. TRUST me."
How do I know what color they will be if you buy it?

AngelLight
Dec 1, 2006, 11:23 AM
Color is based on %s elemental located on the 1st tab page of a weapon's description. So while browsing the shop take a look at the elemental % to determine the color (the color of the icon will tell you the color of the weapon's blade portion).

Keep in mind elemental %s dictate the blade color (or damage portion) of a weapon. The rarity dictates the Handle's (or paudeon) portion of the weapon. However, for a bulb sword, there is no handle so it will be all one color (the blade color)

Hope that helps.

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Dec 1, 2006, 11:46 AM
OKay, I see what you mean... do certain shops give differen't weapons? I want a dark element weapon, which should would be best to buy it at?

AngelLight
Dec 1, 2006, 11:53 AM
To what capacity do you mean certain shops? If you mean the in game shops, I believe (for now) none of them sell any weapons that have built in elemental %s. If you mean Player run shops, it would depend on what they've built and are willing to sell. There's no way to do a search for something based on elemental % I'm afraid.

Another possibility, you can commission work from someone to do it a certain way for you. Just look at the synch entries a said player's PM has on file and if you see something that you really want but you want it a different % type, contact that player and see if you can commission him or her to do the work for you.

No matter what you do, its going to involve alot of searching and shopping, so expect to put in some time.

Numnuttz
Dec 1, 2006, 12:31 PM
acutally npc shops due sell element weapons. there just not good weapons.for example im sure the parum npc shop sells ice daggers that are common drops in parum. they are C rank daggers. Now the best place to get element weapons are player shops. or better yet, make your own if you can and sell the extra ones for profit.

Thrash777
Dec 1, 2006, 12:34 PM
Durandal... hands down... why is their a discussion? lol

MaKaVeLi_X
Dec 1, 2006, 12:48 PM

Those will sell quickly after A ranks come out and people are losing 30 photons a synth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Schubalts
Dec 1, 2006, 06:50 PM
On 2006-12-01 09:48, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:

Those will sell quickly after A ranks come out and people are losing 30 photons a synth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Better jack up prices now, then!

McLaughlin
Dec 1, 2006, 07:07 PM
My Lightbulb is (5) and 50% Dark.

It does more damage than my 20% Dark Durandal (1). It looks cooler too.

EDIT: Does more damage to Light enemies. Just in case that wasn't clear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-12-01 16:10 ]</font>

roygbiv
Dec 1, 2006, 08:52 PM
Despite what people think the Bulb is actually not an amazing weapon, unlike the alteric it does not gain as much from high level grinding...
note the fact that it is lacking 22 ata vs. a 3* GRM. If anything you should get it for the novelty.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=127782&forum=22&10

NinjaSalad
Dec 2, 2006, 06:37 AM
We all know the real weapon you should be huntin for is a Jitseen. frucking kickass.

Arieta
Dec 2, 2006, 09:48 AM
On 2006-12-01 16:07, Zeta wrote:
My Lightbulb is (5) and 50% Dark.

It does more damage than my 20% Dark Durandal (1). It looks cooler too.

EDIT: Does more damage to Light enemies. Just in case that wasn't clear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-12-01 16:10 ]</font>

Well of course it does =Þ It's 50% that's a huge bonus against light mobs. I remember my 50% earth twin sabers (oh how I miss you, damn grinding 2>3 ;;) . I did around 250 a hit on a normal combo against lightning mobs.

curlack45
Dec 2, 2006, 09:52 AM
Yeah, Like i thought "Oh, gigush board, i'll add a photon to that and i'll have a blue sword!" But it came out green becasue i didn't add the right photon. So i sold it, whent to the shop and brought a dagger, and it was blue. i got really confused since blue daggers are usally called knifes.

curlack45
Dec 2, 2006, 09:56 AM
And the knife was green, lol.

Merumeru
Dec 2, 2006, 10:05 AM
XD style over substance, then again, if i see you doing 0-9 damage, we gots a problem!