PDA

View Full Version : Protranser

fronebullare
Dec 1, 2006, 11:03 AM
What does it take to be one. Is it all ranger?

Akaimizu
Dec 1, 2006, 11:04 AM
Isn't the Protranser the Jack of All trades, master of none, expert class?

Ronzeru
Dec 1, 2006, 11:07 AM
It sounds more like a super figunner who can't use all figunners weapons, and is good with traps.

Realmz
Dec 1, 2006, 11:08 AM
pro transer requires a level of five in all three base types

ChrisKo
Dec 1, 2006, 11:08 AM
Seriously why would you ask a question like this on a large public forum?

fronebullare
Dec 1, 2006, 11:09 AM
Holy crap...better get started.

fronebullare
Dec 1, 2006, 11:10 AM
On 2006-12-01 08:08, ChrisKo wrote:
Seriously why would you ask a question like this on a large public forum?

why not >.>?...

ChrisKo
Dec 1, 2006, 11:13 AM
Maybe because it takes a whole 5 seconds to find out the answer without creating a topic about it? And it is sad that your apparently level 48 and didnt know....

Genoa
Dec 1, 2006, 11:16 AM
You must obtain Hunter, Ranger, and Force level 5.
They cannot use S-Ranks, all their weapons go to A rank as maximum.
They can use lvl.30 Skills and lvl.30 Bullets (0 techs)
Weapons Available:
-=Melee=- Sword / Knuckle / Spear / Axe / Saber
-=Ranged=- Shotgun / Bow / Launcher / Laser Cannon / Handgun

ChrisKo
Dec 1, 2006, 11:20 AM
Look a KOS-MOS....

And you really shouldn't encourage his laziness.

Genoa
Dec 1, 2006, 11:21 AM
On 2006-12-01 08:08, ChrisKo wrote:
(1) Seriously why would you ask a question like this on a large public forum?

(2) Maybe because it takes a whole 5 seconds to find out the answer without creating a topic about it? And it is sad that your apparently level 48 and didnt know....

These posts are irrelevant to the topic. Seriously, why would you go against the rules of staying on the topic?

Anyways, Protranser may lack S-rank, but it's decent selection in Melee and Ranged combat + the lvl.30 Skills and Bullet help maximize it's potential to be quite a hefty class.

AeraLure
Dec 1, 2006, 11:22 AM
And here is how one would know:

http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Types

Information unfortunately is not centralized for US PSU. PSUPedia itself is even pretty sparse on a whole range of things compared to the JP Wiki, which many of us cant read and useful things there havent been translated. While I suppose yeah it is somewhat odd someone level 48 wouldnt know about PSUPedia, its possible, therefore asking this question is certainly forgivable.

-Ryuki-
Dec 1, 2006, 11:25 AM
ChrisKo, how about you actually help people out, rather than waste time trying to make yourself look like an a-hole? Surely you must have BETTER things to do, like go take a shower for smelling too damn much.

=)

AngelLight
Dec 1, 2006, 11:27 AM
Bottom line, Protransers are geared around using traps first then either doing Satration type attacks (with guns that effect a large area) or large bulky melee weapons (that multi hit).

Basically you'll lack a solid KO punch (unless one of the new PAs give that, dont know), but you're going to be getting a piece of everything real easy. Couple that with a higher crit % rate and you'll be contributing even if you run out of traps (but try not to, or you'll gimp yourself in the long run).

ChrisKo
Dec 1, 2006, 11:31 AM
RyukiZero, YES let me take your advice right away.

Encourage everyone to make a new topic instead of searching = widespread ignorance.

But sure ill be, in your kidish words, an a-hole, why not.

** Goes to shower because RyukiZero said so via the internet.**

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChrisKo on 2006-12-01 08:32 ]</font>

HiKeRI
Dec 1, 2006, 11:34 AM
You know.. I think Protransfer gives a bonus of luck boost aswell to the party.. (Perfect to find rares!)

ChrisKo
Dec 1, 2006, 11:36 AM
No... the do have the highest Crit. modifier though.... WONDER where I learned that from?

Taris
Dec 1, 2006, 11:36 AM
On 2006-12-01 08:27, AngelLight wrote:
even if you run out of traps

Sorry, but this is still the only portion of any Protrancer description that grabs me every time. It's bad enough that Rangers can't "recharge" traps anymore, making them pretty much ignored by all but the richest players or hardcore trap-fans.

But you'd THINK that a class like Protrancer, which Sega folk have actually referred to as the "expert trap layer" class a couple of times, would have that old-school PSO ability to "recharge" a supply of traps...

Sigh. Couple that with how by the time most people get to the point where they will actually have Protrancer open open, "basic" traps will be kind of useless, making the 500-a-piece G-traps the menu of the day, or worse, traps unavailable at NPCs (and thus gouged to hell by player-stores), Protrancer is seeming to me more like a "look what I can be" kind of class now...

Genoa
Dec 1, 2006, 11:38 AM
kidish words >_> okay mr. big 22 year old.
Sorry that we might be a little lazier on the internet and take real life more seriously. I'm not gunna go hunt for every little thing I wanna know that might take a good amount of time to find when there are people that actually like helping others.
From what your saying, If you came into my store looking for hot sauce, I should say "go find it yourself, geeze, you're so frikin lazy" >_>

Even so, you could have stated your point in a less blunt; more concerning way.

fronebullare
maybe i just want a quick yes or no >_>...just shut up if you aren't gonna stay on topic. And thank all of you that answered me,i will probably make one of my chars a protranser since they're so versatile. BTW i do know of psupedia, i just don't trust it.

AngelLight
On 2006-12-01 08:34, HiKeRI wrote:
You know.. I think Protransfer gives a bonus of luck boost aswell to the party.. (Perfect to find rares!)

Got a link on that Hikeri? This is new to me...

Or perhaps you're just misreading the mods bonuses on the JP side of things (or the forum listings)?

AeraLure
Dec 1, 2006, 11:39 AM
A quick use of the search function here on the forums yielded the answer in the 5th topic down when one searched for "Protranser". I dont want to discourage people from using forum search - I usually forum searcha nd check PSUPedia before asking anything. Just you know, its not really a cardinal sin if someone overlooked the answer in a forum search and didnt know about PSUPedia. Everyone's entitled a few silly and obvious questions. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Too many though and out comes the Toy Hammer. *whoop*

Turambar
Dec 1, 2006, 11:42 AM
ChrisKo, your attitude is the only one here that reeks of true ignorance, especially of basic forum etiquette. Is it justified to ask him to do a forum search first? Yes. Is is justified to do so with a condecending attitude? No.

On topic: Hopefully they will make the AoE of traps, when protransers use them, larger. I've been using them as a RA just to check it out and well, the bast radius is just a tad too small for my taste.

AngelLight
Dec 1, 2006, 11:44 AM
On 2006-12-01 08:38, fronebullare wrote:
maybe i just want a quick yes or no >_>...just shut up if you aren't gonna stay on topic. And thank all of you that answered me,i will probably make one of my chars a protranser since they're so versatile. BTW i do know of psupedia, i just don't trust it.

People are just a little frayed around the edges lately Frone due to problems with SEGA, try not to take it too harshly. I do, however, encourage doing a little bit of light researching on a class on your part should you be serious about it....but there's no problem going to people and asking directly as well. So long as you're not leeching wrong info hardcore and repeating questions instead of doing your own legwork, then you'll usually not have any problems asking someone else who might be a bit more in the know then yourself.

As for PSUpedia, keep in mind they're doing a pretty hard project there. Dont let a few mistakes (or some erronious tidbits here and there) disillusion you from going to them. They are really very knowledgeable and most of them (not all) are very approachable to talk to. Might I recommend talking to Tycho or Mewn should you have concerns with PSUpedia?

ChrisKo
Dec 1, 2006, 11:44 AM
MegamanX... no just no. The term kidish words was used because instead of making a valid point, she lowered herself to use a term such as a-hole... Why? Because she didn't really have anything to say besides

"I dont like what you type ChrisKo"

When you lower yourself to something like that you should instantly stop talking. And you should only say

"Go find it youself" If I walk up to you in a bread store and ask for some bread....

SpishackCola
Dec 1, 2006, 11:46 AM
Search function is your friend.

fronebullare
Dec 1, 2006, 11:47 AM
On 2006-12-01 08:36, Taris wrote:

Sorry, but this is still the only portion of any Protrancer description that grabs me every time. It's bad enough that Rangers can't "recharge" traps anymore, making them pretty much ignored by all but the richest players or hardcore trap-fans.

But you'd THINK that a class like Protrancer, which Sega folk have actually referred to as the "expert trap layer" class a couple of times, would have that old-school PSO ability to "recharge" a supply of traps...

Sigh. Couple that with how by the time most people get to the point where they will actually have Protrancer open open, "basic" traps will be kind of useless, making the 500-a-piece G-traps the menu of the day, or worse, traps unavailable at NPCs (and thus gouged to hell by player-stores), Protrancer is seeming to me more like a "look what I can be" kind of class now...

I don't like how sega did us trap users...but i really do miss blowing stuff up with em. Protransers are looking ify right now...

AngelLight
Dec 1, 2006, 11:48 AM
On 2006-12-01 08:36, Taris wrote:

Sigh. Couple that with how by the time most people get to the point where they will actually have Protrancer open open, "basic" traps will be kind of useless, making the 500-a-piece G-traps the menu of the day, or worse, traps unavailable at NPCs (and thus gouged to hell by player-stores...

There's no denying, Protranser will be without a doubt the most expensive job to level bar none, assuming you're using the job to it's fullest (which you should).

For me, it's a yearning to go back to my days as a GW trapper that has my attention....but for sure it's not going to be my first expert job....maybe my 2nd or 3rd.

ethereal
Dec 1, 2006, 11:48 AM
Search function is my friend aswell ^_^

fronebullare
Dec 1, 2006, 11:56 AM
On 2006-12-01 08:44, AngelLight wrote:

On 2006-12-01 08:38, fronebullare wrote:

People are just a little frayed around the edges lately Frone due to problems with SEGA, try not to take it too harshly. I do, however, encourage doing a little bit of light researching on a class on your part should you be serious about it....but there's no problem going to people and asking directly as well. So long as you're not leeching wrong info hardcore and repeating questions instead of doing your own legwork, then you'll usually not have any problems asking someone else who might be a bit more in the know then yourself.

As for PSUpedia, keep in mind they're doing a pretty hard project there. Dont let a few mistakes (or some erronious tidbits here and there) disillusion you from going to them. They are really very knowledgeable and most of them (not all) are very approachable to talk to. Might I recommend talking to Tycho or Mewn should you have concerns with PSUpedia?

ChrisKo, this is exactly how you should have approached this. I will be taking AngelLight's advice.

DikkyRay
Dec 1, 2006, 12:01 PM
you know whats fun? Not flaming, even with we all agree Chrisko is a jerk.
The question of what a protranser is and how one achieves the expert class has been answered, and i dont see a reason for you ppl to flame on it anymore. You really want a warning and this threafd locked? >.>

AngelLight
Dec 1, 2006, 12:01 PM
um...well I'm glad you're going to be listening to me ^_^, but of course I'd like to stay out of personal fights if possible http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

fronebullare
Dec 1, 2006, 12:06 PM
On 2006-12-01 09:01, AngelLight wrote:
um...well I'm glad you're going to be listening to me ^_^, but of course I'd like to stay out of personal fights if possible http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh no fights here, my question has been answered and we're only discussing the whole protranser thing.

ChrisKo
Dec 1, 2006, 12:12 PM
Im not a jerk, im a a-hole. Yes, angeloflight is a nice person and says things in a nice way. I however am not, and I will never lower my expectations of others just to accommodate their feelings. Sorry, I dont work that way.

Ronzeru
Dec 1, 2006, 12:15 PM
Chris reminds me of someone from Killing Ifrit o.O;. Actually, he reminds me of EVERYONE from Killing Ifrit. ^_^

Fleur-de-Lis
Dec 1, 2006, 12:15 PM
It's interesting how we Protranser trainees have to level to Force 5, and yet, once we graduate to Protranser, get 0 Technics. That seems, to put it nicely, a bit unnecessary. But that's the game, and who knows, without that simple fact our class wouldn't be nearly as unique.

One thing: I might be mistaken on this, or perhaps its just my style of play, but Traps are not going to be the focus of my repertoire. For one, a constant critical hit rate @ 150% and the ability to use weapons intended for Fortefighters and Fortegunners means standard combat is looking mighty fine. Traps are more like the ace-in-the-hole for crowd control on high-difficulty maps and perhaps a boss if you really know its movement pattern.

That is, for now, my take on it.

A2K
Dec 1, 2006, 12:22 PM
Considering the questions at hand have been answered I'm going to go ahead and lock this.