PDA

View Full Version : Unreachable haystacks/chests...

JAFO22000
Dec 1, 2006, 12:38 PM
So, back when the new missions were released, I was in a group going through Mad Creatures (the level right after De Ragon..with the Jabras and the HUGE Koltova at the end).

Anyway, the level iteration that we ran through had a part where you went through a door and kinda made a U-turn. We fought Jabras here but in subsequent runs we ran into Badrias and Poultys here. Once we cleared out creatures, we noticed a part of this area which was blocked off...a small corner with two rock outcroppings meeting at a right angle; where the two outcroppings should meet, there is a tree. We looked through the opening where the tree is located and found three haystacks however, we could not get past the tree nor the rocks to open them. Then the weird part happened.

We shot one of the haystacks in first person using a rifle and it turned into a box!! Then we shot the box which blew up and left an item. This process was repeated upon shooting the other two haystacks. We pretty much looked all over that level for a way into this unaccessable area but could find nothing.

Has anyone else encountered this?? I see it everytime we pull that particular instance. Had a rare appear from a box one time (I am STILL conviced that it was just a Moon At. X board!!).

Thanks,
Your pal
JAFO

Ronzeru
Dec 1, 2006, 12:40 PM
I want this question answered too. I've explored that level top to bottem, and still haven't found a teleportal or alternative route to get to those damned things.

FrogKicker
Dec 1, 2006, 12:41 PM
Thought I was going crazy...glad I aint the only one that it's happened to.

JAFO22000
Heh! I'm thinking maybe it was something from single player which didn't get edited?? If we had a pair of goggles, we could highlight the tree and destroy it!!

Choja
Refer to http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Choja/psu20061123_060732_000.jpg
Reason: Where are my goggles? I need to hit the weak point for massive damage!

JAFO22000
Dec 1, 2006, 12:43 PM
On 2006-12-01 09:41, Choja wrote:
Refer to http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Choja/psu20061123_060732_000.jpg
Reason: Where are my goggles? I need to hit the weak point for massive damage!

Oh yeah! We noticed that extra little L-shaped room in the Agata Relics as well...

Choja
When you go to your first Online Story mission, you get a pair of goggles (for the SEED in Linear Line.). I think you keep them, right? Still, good for good.

Ronzeru
God damn it, we demand googles!

Sinue_v2
Dec 1, 2006, 01:56 PM
You'll be getting the goggles next thursday/friday morning.

In the mean time, just be glad one of those boxes that dropped from the haystack wasn't red.

MaKaVeLi_X
Dec 1, 2006, 01:57 PM
On 2006-12-01 10:56, Sinue_v2 wrote:
You'll be getting the goggles next thursday/friday morning.

In the mean time, just be glad one of those boxes that dropped from the haystack wasn't red.

The OP said one was D=

JAFO22000
Dec 1, 2006, 02:01 PM
Yes, on my second go through...it was a board though. And I need to CONVICE myself that it was a Moon At. X board....it was...it was....it was....!!!

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 02:03 PM
On 2006-12-01 11:01, JAFO22000 wrote:
Yes, on my second go through...it was a board though. And I need to CONVICE myself that it was a Moon At. X board....it was...it was....it was....!!!

If this was PSO and that it was a red box, you wouldn't even have a clue what it could have been. In PSU though, the red item resembles something, and if it was two pyramids, one upsidedown, then it was a board/consumable. If it looked like a sword though... o_o;;

Carbinne
Dec 1, 2006, 02:04 PM
Don't worry. Nothing good ever dropped from a box. Well, if it's a board anyway. The best you could hope for is a rare armor board and pfft. Like that's ever going to happen. Chances are it was [B] Moon Atomizer X, yeah.

Grr
Dec 1, 2006, 02:06 PM
"Wow , I cant seem to Knock down this Leafling Tree wth this giant photon powered rifle that should set this tree afire no problem."

"Ah , silly me ! I Need to wear GOGGLES to knock small trees over !"

".....As opposed to say , 7 ton dragons"..... *grumbles*

Shadow_Wing
Dec 1, 2006, 02:33 PM
Well dur, u see trees are the ultimate enemy, they have infinite HP and DFP however in light of this awsome power they are unable to attack. Trees make the perfect wall in any givin game for the main character will most likely have to take the enemy's tree lined path to reach their destination, where a trap is mostly put.

The trees you're able to knock down in PSU aren't real trees at all but imitations, however you need special goggles to figure out if it's fake or real due to the fact that 99% of all trees are real and most game character will ignore trying to defeat a tree for they know it's a futile battle.

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 02:36 PM
Translation:
"HOLY SHIT, THESE GOGGLES DO SOMETHING!" *scan*
"I've found the weak point. Now to hit it for massive damage!"

You know, you're going to have to wait up every time when goggles come out since you would have people scanning every tree for goodies.

Sydz
Dec 1, 2006, 03:03 PM
I smashed open those mad beasts boxes with a gun this morning, one of the drops looked to have been a Par Ebon.

jarek99
Dec 1, 2006, 03:08 PM
THE GOGGLES! THEY DO NOTHING!!!

Guitarsmasher
Dec 1, 2006, 03:24 PM
it might be part of an event tht sega will released for teh future?? or a story misison?

JAFO22000
Dec 1, 2006, 03:51 PM
On 2006-12-01 12:08, jarek99 wrote:
THE GOGGLES! THEY DO NOTHING!!!

Ow, my eyes...zhe goggles do nah-sing!!

(an episode from when that show was still FUNNY!)

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 03:54 PM
Have you ever seen another person use goggles ingame and not in a cutscene? :D

EDIT: Vorpal, screenshot or never happen! The rule nowadays.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-12-01 13:23 ]</font>

Vorpal
Dec 1, 2006, 04:19 PM
Hey, Sega hates me ._.

Wolfen has a pair of goggles, but I can't wear them =/

Lastat27
Dec 1, 2006, 04:42 PM
It should be noted that there are "walls" you can destroy in the "Desert Terror" mission. Everytime my friends and I did this mission we kept getting A Rank because we missed mobs somewhere! We had heard rumors of "walls that you can break."

Upon investing every nook in the level we did indeed find a wall on Block 2 (Block starts as a large cave with a laser fence north, and an exit east.) You take the exit outside to get the keycard and you'll see a a large rock-like object blocking further movement in that direction. You destroy these walls with the Tank in story mode, or so I'm told. I did not believe in destroyable walls so after getting to this dead-end I left the area to deactivate the laser fence. Next thing I know "WE DESTROYED THE WALL" everyone shouts.

Apparently, the three of them attacked it together and it simple blew up. The area past this wall was quite large, with a single ramp leading down to a pit-like area. Although there were absolutely no mobs over here, we did find 3 haystacks. Each contained no loot. Just a heads up.

Vorpal
Dec 1, 2006, 04:55 PM
I meant Pilot Goggles. I bought them for 5k. It's like he glued them to his hair =P.

{If I was telling the truth, I wouldn't be able to do a screenshot lol, someone would have to do it for me ingame.}

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vorpal on 2006-12-01 14:33 ]</font>

RS
Dec 1, 2006, 05:25 PM
I'm so glad this post was written I've been trying to get into this area also it's (mad beasts) ... I also thought about the goggles whew. PS:I saw a room decoration in that area its probally a sunflower lol.

ZiG
Dec 1, 2006, 05:33 PM
On 2006-12-01 11:03, Choja wrote:

If this was PSO and that it was a red box, you wouldn't even have a clue what it could have been.

Umm... lol...

Section ID + Mob destroyed = knowing exactly what rare it was.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZiG on 2006-12-01 14:33 ]</font>

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 05:37 PM
On 2006-12-01 14:33, ZiG wrote:

On 2006-12-01 11:03, Choja wrote:

If this was PSO and that it was a red box, you wouldn't even have a clue what it could have been.

Umm... lol...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZiG on 2006-12-01 14:33 ]</font>
Now I must start blaming the database for that. :(

ZiG
Dec 1, 2006, 05:48 PM
Well you don't need a database to tell you you just got a Varista after getting about 80 of them from the same mob type.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 1, 2006, 05:53 PM
So you're all saying that the hidden boxes behind that huge-a$@#$ boulder and that skinny tree can only be aquired if we had goggles? Snap.

That would make me look stoopeeed seeing as though on the first day of the release I was there trying to destroy the huge boulder for like 15 minutes and the skinny tree for about 5 minutes. Sigh~ I even looked for a teleported on that day and etc. Decided not to waste my time any longer lol.

I tried to destroy those idle mother-natured objects only because I remembered in PSO you could do that in places like challenge mode XD ~~`

Deus-Irae
Dec 1, 2006, 07:21 PM
yes, i hate those unreachable boxes! i hope there is away to get there eventually. if not ill just have to put them out of my mind. too annoying.

On 2006-12-01 14:33, ZiG wrote:

Umm... lol...

yeah a Photon Drop. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif