PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation of the 1/30/30 PA setup of Fortetechers

AngelLight
Dec 1, 2006, 02:39 PM
This may be old news to some, but to end the debate on the whole FTs have 30 bullets vs. doesn't have 30 bullets, here I provide concrete proof courtesy of Sega's official source for outgoing information, 1up:

Fortetecher:
An expert TECHNIC user that canuse all TECHNICs with unmatched power. Lacks a strong defense in combat.
Skills: Up to lvl 1
Bullets: Up to lvl 30
Technics: Up to lvl 30
Requirements: Force: lvl 10

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155591

Thank You, Discuss...

Kanore
Dec 1, 2006, 02:40 PM
Uh... yay for level 30 arrows?

:3

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 02:40 PM
They give us A Rank Twin Daggers for WHAT? >_>!

Kent
Dec 1, 2006, 02:42 PM
Level 30 Longbow and Card bullets, will probably come in handy... Probably.

And yes, this is old news to everyone here. :/

Doh42
Dec 1, 2006, 02:45 PM
The purpose of that thread was to have an official answer, links inlcuded, where people could be directed to read the information, rather than following "everyone here's knowledge". That's how I saw it, at the very least.

Skyly
Dec 1, 2006, 02:48 PM
thats lame.. wtf would we want bullets for..??? nvm. the bow and cross bow but still only lvl 1 hunter PA
s lame..

AngelLight
Dec 1, 2006, 02:50 PM
I already know that Remedy changed the error on PSUpedia based on the JP wiki. I'm not sure if PSOW is going to be doing the same thing (describing jobs) and what they were going to use to define it on their site.

Up till today, a big debate (and a source of a few flame wars) has been the logic of if FTs had 2 30s for PAs or not. Well as Doh42 pointed out, this was just to put the nail in that coffin. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/coffin.gif

Since I didn't see a thread off of this subject, I'm providing the proof that I hope will put all doubts to rest about this issue. Thus the post.

Thank You

AngelLight
Dec 1, 2006, 02:51 PM
On 2006-12-01 11:48, sklyl wrote:
thats lame.. wtf would we want bullets for..??? nvm. the bow and cross bow but still only lvl 1 hunter PA
s lame..

Bow and cards, Crossbows are Ranger Expert Only.

And you're wanting a melee PA badly as a force? What pa is it that you're in need of that would put you in melee range? Not a flame, just curious...

JAFO22000
Dec 1, 2006, 02:53 PM
On 2006-12-01 11:40, Choja wrote:

Looking GOOD when we break open boxes!!

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 02:57 PM
On 2006-12-01 11:53, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2006-12-01 11:40, Choja wrote:

Looking GOOD when we break open boxes!!

Hand me my Daggers of Serafi.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 1, 2006, 03:48 PM
With 36 techs, and all of them going to lv 30. You should not become a hybrid or switch ex classes. Fortetecher is pretty much a dedicated ex class where once you become it, there just isn't any room for anything outside of techs. Converting to anything else is not possible. There's going to be so much to lv up, it's not even funny.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 1, 2006, 03:52 PM
Why the hell was this ever a debate, the JP version has had lvl 30 bullets for nearly 2 months.

AngelLight
Dec 1, 2006, 03:52 PM
There is a strong benefit to having a bow as a force, especially with the defense bypass....and cards are impressive weapons from what it's looking like.

These are worthwhile additions to round out a force. I think basically what you'll see are specializations arise from this new info.

AngelLight
Dec 1, 2006, 03:58 PM
On 2006-12-01 12:52, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Why the hell was this ever a debate, the JP version has had lvl 30 bullets for nearly 2 months.

heh...its a very good point Shima. Basically, as I understand it, was that there was a faction of people here who contended that it made no sense for what they catagorized as a mage to also have full bullet abilities. To that end they went out of their way to try to prove that theirs was the right point. In addition you saw a large number of people go on different sites, including but not limited to PSUpedia, GameFaqs, and XBOX 360 Live Forums, basically stating that the correct PA build was 1/10/30. I suppose they thought that it was going to reflect what the base class force was currently.

However, as I and others have stated, all the JP sources were saying otherwise. Still dispite this, debates and even all out flame wars insued over this issue (I personally stayed out of the in fighting outside of trying to back up the truth of the situation).

It was left at "We wont know till Sega comes out and says it". So basically, here's Sega coming out and saying it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Basically the whole jist of it....I'm sure if you search the forums here you can find some of the other threads that had this debate.

Tycho
Dec 1, 2006, 04:23 PM
From the moment someone commented on the 1/10/30 thing being off and having rechecked it on the Japanese wiki, there wasn't really any doubt anymore for me. :e

Genobee
Dec 1, 2006, 04:51 PM
SO what exactly are Guntechers good for then? IF Guntechers have betters spells and better bullets?

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 04:54 PM
On 2006-12-01 13:51, Genobee wrote:
SO what exactly are Guntechers good for then? IF Guntechers have betters spells and better bullets?

They're good for shooting things, is all. Fortetechers get only Cards, Bows, and Handguns to play with, while Wartechers get the fun of blasting things with their suffiently high-tech toys.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 1, 2006, 04:58 PM
i'm sure the only use Fortetechers have of using blades are for opening boxes, I mean, its kinda dumb to use spells or bullets and waste PP on boxes. And going melee with a Fortetecher = suicide. I like that they can use level 30 bullets, although I'm not really going to have one, they have the right to have level 30 PAs with the best longbows and cards and such.

Gamemako
Dec 1, 2006, 05:02 PM
Choja: guntechers get one thing: the shaft. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Seriously though, the bullets aren't that important to fTs because they have such terrible ATA and ATP. Guntechers are still the class to get if you really want to use bows.

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 05:08 PM
On 2006-12-01 14:02, Gamemako wrote:
Choja: guntechers get one thing: the shaft. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Seriously though, the bullets aren't that important to fTs because they have such terrible ATA and ATP. Guntechers are still the class to get if you really want to use bows.

Now referring to that one thread about how there was another title called "Female Humans get shafted" and that it was, say, a-hem. Wait...! EWT%!#*banhammer'd*

Sychosis
Dec 1, 2006, 05:09 PM
Someone say banhammer? Where's teh pr0n?

Genobee
Dec 1, 2006, 05:10 PM
But why be a Guntecher when you can be a ForteTecher? I mean GUntechers got btter damage with bullets but, A Fortetecher can one shot freeze a boss then pummel him with freken techs?

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 05:12 PM
On 2006-12-01 14:10, Genobee wrote:
But why be a Guntecher when you can be a ForteTecher? I mean GUntechers got btter damage with bullets but, A Fortetecher can one shot freeze a boss then pummel him with freken techs?

Because we have no room for bullets unless you like to leave out stuff. Guntecher also gets some S Rank weaponry that no other can wield!

Gamemako
Dec 1, 2006, 05:12 PM
A fortetecher can't freeze a boss. In fact, nobody can freeze a boss, and status effects are much easier to apply with guns, especially the likes of the twin handguns, which guntechers get S ranks of.

PJ
Dec 1, 2006, 05:14 PM
On 2006-12-01 12:48, Sexy_Raine wrote:
With 36 techs, and all of them going to lv 30. You should not become a hybrid or switch ex classes. Fortetecher is pretty much a dedicated ex class where once you become it, there just isn't any room for anything outside of techs. Converting to anything else is not possible. There's going to be so much to lv up, it's not even funny.

Good theory, problem.

Why would you WANT to level or even HAVE all the technics? Some of them ARE crappy. Say, the RA techs? Simple techs? That leaves room for other PAs.

Stixx
Dec 1, 2006, 05:16 PM
On 2006-12-01 14:12, Gamemako wrote:
A fortetecher can't freeze a boss. In fact, nobody can freeze a boss, and status effects are much easier to apply with guns, especially the likes of the twin handguns, which guntechers get S ranks of.

Well, you can freeze/burn mini bosses...

FenixStryk
Dec 1, 2006, 05:19 PM
Seeing as how a Force only gets a bow, fan and handgun, there's no harm in Lv30 bullets. Not like it's intruding on Ranger territory. Besides, they don't have any non-magic weapons to begin with.

EJ
Dec 1, 2006, 05:27 PM
Being a force with level 30 bullets allow them to hit long range especially flying bosses where you know your techs won't hit.

Plus the Bows are really strong when grinded.

Genobee
Dec 1, 2006, 05:48 PM
well actualy you can hit flying enemies with NosZonde

Sexy_Raine
Dec 1, 2006, 07:03 PM
Why couldn't guntechers get lv 20 techs? That's pretty dissapointing, what the hell am I going to do with lv10 techs? I hope Sega changes this in the future, this would've been an awesome hybrid class. One that even I would be willing to use instead of a pure.

DonRoyale
Dec 1, 2006, 07:08 PM
Have you guys ever thought that there more BA-oriented weapons than tech-oriented weapons for Fortetechers? (Twice as many, infact)

-Handguns
-Crossbows
-Longbows
-Cards

That's 24 BA's to 36 techs...

Set them up however you please.

Sychosis
Dec 1, 2006, 07:10 PM
On 2006-12-01 16:03, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Why couldn't guntechers get lv 20 techs?

A) Only 3 levels of Force required.
B) Level 30 bullets as opposed to Wartecher level 20 skills.

Zorafim
Dec 1, 2006, 07:22 PM
It seems like guntecher is basically just fortegunner that can almost use techs, like fighgunner is a fortefighter that can use guns. However, fighgunner is actually halfway decent with guns, while I can't really see any use for lv10 spells.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 1, 2006, 07:28 PM
Buffs and debuffs are probably the main reason for guntecher and wartecher. It's just the experiment stage that we're all about to jump in.~

industrial
Dec 1, 2006, 11:12 PM
Messing around on my cast... When I went from ranger to force I decided to mainly use bows and resta/reverser. I found that I did very similar damage and bow bullets(arrows w/e) level MUCH faster than rifle bullets. As my force level rose I found I did slightly more single bullet damage with a bow (3* +5) than a rifle (GRM 3* +5). Also, I did more damage on higher rank missions as a bow wielding force. At my current level, I do 210ish damage per arrow to any monster without physical resistance. That's not shabby....

With level 30 bullets bows would also apply some nice status effects. Probably not ideal for a Force to be in first person shooting crap but it makes for a viable, different way to play if you get bored of nuking.

[b]On 2006-12-01 16:22, Zorafim wrote:
<snip>while I can't really see any use for lv10 spells.

Resta and the buff line? zomg come on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: industrial on 2006-12-01 20:16 ]</font>

Vhex
Dec 1, 2006, 11:36 PM
You overlook that Guntecher also has lvl 10 Weapon Skills. Perhaps making them the most versed class out of all the new classes. I'm actually making a human guntecher for that reason.

Remedy
Dec 2, 2006, 12:24 AM
On 2006-12-01 14:12, Gamemako wrote:
A fortetecher can't freeze a boss. In fact, nobody can freeze a boss, and status effects are much easier to apply with guns, especially the likes of the twin handguns, which guntechers get S ranks of.Longbows at level 21+ carry level 4 status effects, so yes, we WILL be able to land Burn/Shock/Freeze/Silence on minibosses. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Edit: And you're mentioning DUALIES for landing statuses? HAH! The ONLY way you can land Burn/Shock on bigger enemies like Tengohgs, Kamatozes, and stuff like that is to have level 3 SEs. The only weapons that get Level 3 SEs are Rifles (11+), Longbows (11+), Handguns (21+), Crossbows (21+), and Grenade Launchers (21+). Also, to land Freeze, you have to have level 4 Freeze, and the only weapons with Level 4 SEs are Rifles (21+) and Longbows (21+).

So yeah. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2006-12-01 21:28 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Dec 2, 2006, 05:01 AM
On 2006-12-01 16:03, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Why couldn't guntechers get lv 20 techs? That's pretty dissapointing, what the hell am I going to do with lv10 techs? I hope Sega changes this in the future, this would've been an awesome hybrid class. One that even I would be willing to use instead of a pure.

LV10 Resta being cast by the Guntecher > Lv30 Resta NOT being cast by the Fortetechers

I'm going Guntecher because I love dualies, x-bows, lasers, cards, bows, and shotties. I get them all.