PDA

View Full Version : CAST Proportions and Future Clothing/Parts

Xiolent
Dec 1, 2006, 04:17 PM
I have this "thing" for making my character look perfect. Sadly, I have been in the character development phase for a little more than a month, and I just can't get my CAST character to look good. The main problem is with the body proportions.

If I leave the proportions the way it starts, he looks weird. If I go to the center of the grid, then he looks like a kid or some Chibi comic character. The only way he looks good is if I go halfway to the right. The overall size there is almost perfect, minus this one major problem: HE'S GOT A FRIGGIN' FAT STOMACH.

I did find something about this... certain clothes/parts push the stomach in so it looks fine, as it does in this picture. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/spastic218/strip.jpg) Now I'm wonder, will it be pushed in as well with clothes/parts that are coming in the future? Specifically the top left suit here. (http://www.psupedia.org/images/c/c7/Male_Parts.jpg)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reeses
Dec 1, 2006, 05:06 PM
I think your character will be fine. Theres nothing wrong with being thick, believe me, its much diff than being fat.

Another thing, since Sega has decided to give all character, no matter what their size is, a 6 pack. Then the outfit you've chosen should look rather nice. I personally rather see someone who dosent look muscularly "fake" ie Broad shoulders with a 30' waist.

But yeh, i think your character will look great.

Lastat27
Dec 1, 2006, 05:10 PM
I wanted to make my CAST as big as possible and pushed the slider full-right. He looks awesome in Lobus Torso and Gimnas Torso as it makes his armor look "bigger" instead of "fatter." Sadly, because of how fat he is, he just can't make a Vilogis and Raptus look good.

I can't wait for the arms on the bottom-left CAST, but I also can't stand any of the CAST legs. Every single one of them have "lights" around the ankles and you can't change the color of them. Hopefully, the next four part-sets released will do us fat-CASTs some justice.

happy_cricket
Dec 1, 2006, 05:11 PM
I agree that the proportion maker sucks in this version. It is not easy to make a mesomorphic character that doesn't have fat parts, and like you said, the insane football shoulders with pretty boy waste looks wierd. It took me a while, but I did end up with a cast I liked. Funny you should mention that it took a month for you to be happy - I had to recreate my characters at least 3 times each before I had ones I knew I could love long term.

Here's my question - are there ANY parts out there (either now or coming) that do not force my Cast to have some big jacked up hunk of whatever that is hanging off his butt? I swear, every part it looks like he'd never be able to sit down. I know it must bother other players too, as I have seen more than a few casts running around with no part on the back.

Xiolent
Dec 1, 2006, 06:02 PM
On 2006-12-01 14:10, Lastat27 wrote:
*snip* I can't wait for the arms on the bottom-left CAST, but I also can't stand any of the CAST legs. Every single one of them have "lights" around the ankles and you can't change the color of them. *snip*
I found that annoying too. A nice way to get by that is to make your eyes the same color as the glow. Not sure how that would look on a human face, but it does the trick on helmets.

I probably will just go with the semi-puffed stomach. Hopefully the six-pack will hide the look.

ethereal
Dec 1, 2006, 06:06 PM
I hate how casts usually have fanny pack like items on there butts >.>

Xiolent
Dec 1, 2006, 06:15 PM
Actually, it's better if those fanny packs are there. You can see why just by comparing a human/newman/beast with a CAST from a side view...

Schubalts
Dec 1, 2006, 06:52 PM
That's where CASTs store the hearts of newborn babies!

Jaysky
Dec 1, 2006, 07:17 PM
On 2006-12-01 15:52, Schubalts wrote:
That's where CASTs store the hearts of newborn babies!

But of course! I better write that down for next time-......... What? I hate babies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaysky on 2006-12-01 16:20 ]</font>

Dukelion
Dec 1, 2006, 07:25 PM
That compartment is where I store my "natural gas" for emergency power...

...don't tell anyone I am not really a robot...it's just a suit...