PDA

View Full Version : Interesting occurrence with a Patch.

Dre_o
Dec 1, 2006, 04:48 PM
Note, I'm aware there are other threads about "OMG WEN WIL WE GET NU STUFF!!!1!!" and this is not one of them.

First of all, both my brother and I logged on earlier this morning (after maintanance of course) and we got no patch.

Yet, about 10 minutes ago, my bro Downloaded a pretty big patch (took a few minutes) and we haven't been able to find what it did.

Anyone know what it did or am I just missing one of the random novice threads that tells the answer?

Doh42
Dec 1, 2006, 06:07 PM
This is an issue probably due to anti-virus software running, or spyware, or viruses, or bad luck (?)

Basically, the game no longer recognizes some of its files as being "up to date", because someone or something tampered with them, and therefore, opts to re-download them. This is mostly due to parity bit checks (Read up on it if you like, but it's a fast way to check if a file is "ok").

It's usually annoying, but it may be sign of worst things happening without your knowledge. I suggest running some anti-spyware, running a thorough anti-virus and such

Also, some people might get disconnected.. I am unsure if it is BECAUSE of the file tampering, or if the sudden interruption CAUSES it, but I hear that usually, one leads to the other; player getting disconnected and having to re-install the patch.

Contact official people at Sega if you want their take on it.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 1, 2006, 06:12 PM
If you were on the PC version:

You may have also restored some files back to a day before an update to PSU.

So that would mean that the files on the patch that were downloaded were deleted.~ This is one possible reason. I've done this ;3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-01 15:24 ]</font>

Faramir
Dec 1, 2006, 06:22 PM
If you are on PS2 and had just been playing offline story mode when u load up story u load up without system file to play if u tried to go online right after that the system thinks you have no system file and makes u redownload it when it was actauly just not loaded cause of the story mode play