PDA

View Full Version : Question about content update announcements

happy_cricket
Dec 1, 2006, 05:18 PM
Am I the only one who can never seem to get 1up.com to load?

Sychosis
Dec 1, 2006, 05:19 PM
Yes, yes you are http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Phantasy Star Universe December Content Update
Massive content update for PSU. Details inside.
by James Mielke, 11/30/2006
61 of 61 users recommend this story.
Although the game has only been out for a little over a month now, it wasn't long before Phantasy Star Universe players started hitting the level cap, conquering all of the missions, and began looking for new things to do. Well, take heart, because we've got the details on Sega's upcoming December plans for their online RPG, the first of which will take place on Dec. 8th. Sega informs us that they will update PSU on a weekly basis starting with the December 8th content release. For more information check the official website, but if you're eager to see what's coming, peruse our list below, and check out our new screenshots of the new weapons that will be available in-game after the Dec. 8th update.

New Classes: GUARDIANS can now be specialized in one of 7 new hybrid classes available at the GUARDIANS HQ. These new classes will enable GUARDIANS to level up to use A and S rank weapons.
Fighgunner
Guntecher
Wartecher
Fortefight
Fortegunner
Fortetecher
Protranser

Weapons: The following weapon types are now available to GUARDIANs in certain planet shops. GUARDIANs can be more versatile in their fight against the SEED.
Card [Neudaiz]
Grenade [Moatoob]
Axe [Moatoob]
Double Saber [Parum]
Claw [Neudaiz]
Twin Claw [Neudaiz]
Laser Cannon [Parum]
Crossbow [Moatoob]

Weapon Ranks update: B and A ranked (5-8 star) weapons, gears and boards will now be available at all shops.

SUV Weapons: Two new SUV units for CASTs will now be available: Rafal Buster, and Sturm Buster.

Level Cap: The current level cap has been increased to level 60, and Photon abilities and TECHNICs can now be raised to level 30 depending on your character class.

Partner Machinery: Partner Machinery 'Device Zero' will be available, enabling you to return your Partner Machinery to its original state and start from the beginning if you don't like how it's developed.

Missions: Over 10 S Rank quests will be opened up on all planets, including a brand new dragon.

CLASS INFORMATION: Some basic information for new players, followed by the advanced classes one can upgrade to after December 8th.

Hunter: A balanced type with High attack power, good for melee combat. Skilled in use of Striking weapons. A good fit for beginning players.

Ranger: A ranged fighter that can defeat enemies and support allies from a distance. The type's High accuracy makes firearms an ideal fit. Suited for intermediate players.

Force: A type geared toward TECHNICs use. Allows advanced players to play a variety of different roles from powerful attacks to healing and support.

Fighgunner: An advanced type combining the abilities of Hunters and Rangers. Primary strength is in striking weapons, but can also use ranged weapons.
Skills: Up to lvl 30
Bullets: Up to lvl 20
Technics: Cannot Use
Requirements: Hunter lvl 5, Ranger lvl 3

Guntecher: An advanced type combining the abilities of Rangers and Forces. Can use both firearms and TECHNICs for the ultimate in long range attacks.
Skills: Up to lvl 10
Bullets: Up to lvl 30
Technics: Up to lvl 10
Requirements: Ranger: lvl 5, Force: lvl 3

Wartecher: An advanced type combining the abilities of Forces and Hunters. Uses TECHNICs and striking attacks.
Skills: Up to lvl 20
Bullets: Up to lvl 10
Technics: Up to lvl 20
Requirements: Hunter: lvl 3, Force: lvl 5

Fortefighter: An expert melee fighter focused on striking attacks. Weapon choice is limited but attack and defensive power is unparalleled.
Bullets: Up to lvl 10
Requirements: Hunter lvl 10

Fortegunner: An expert ranged fighter focused on firearms. Weapon choice is limited, but attack power and accuracy are unparalleled.
Skills: Up to lvl 10
Requirements: Ranger: lvl 10

Fortetecher:
An expert TECHNIC user that canuse all TECHNICs with unmatched power. Lacks a strong defense in combat.
Skills: Up to lvl 1
Technics: Up to lvl 30
Requirements: Force: lvl 10

Protranser: An experimental type that is well-versed in use of traps. All traps become several times more powerful.
Requirements: Hunter: lvl 5, Ranger: lvl 5, Force: lvl 5

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2006-12-01 14:20 ]</font>

Tomeeboy
Dec 1, 2006, 05:20 PM
I typically get an error when trying to access their site, not quite sure why. The update information gets posted right away in the forums and on the front page, though, so you can always read it there if 1UP isn't cooperating http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

happy_cricket
Dec 1, 2006, 05:23 PM
Thank you both!! I kept clicking on links in peoples posts and getting 404'd!

gapzi11a
Dec 1, 2006, 05:37 PM
I also have problems loading thier site. It usually takes forever and I end up getting an error or just giving up on it. Do they have poor servers or net code?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gapzi11a on 2006-12-01 14:39 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Dec 1, 2006, 05:42 PM
My question is this:

Why doesn't the "official" PSU site run by Sega have this info first??

Doesn't it advertise itself as the "best site for the latest updates" and such??

McLaughlin
Dec 1, 2006, 05:49 PM
The site does have the info on it now.

I recall something about them making a deal with 1up. I can only assume this is to bring us sponsered events like BB's Yahoo! Cup.

Wallin
Dec 1, 2006, 06:08 PM
On 2006-12-01 14:42, JAFO22000 wrote:
My question is this:

Doesn't it advertise itself as the "best site for the latest updates" and such??

The idea, supposedly, is that Sega and 1up are partners so 1up gets to release exclusive coverage of the newest patches first which promotes their website as being ultra cool and in turn Sega gets promotion for their game.

But seeing as how PSU will be updating weekly as of next week, it won't really matter anymore and I will likely never go to 1up again anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JAFO22000
Dec 1, 2006, 06:12 PM
Oh, OK, that makes sense....

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 1, 2006, 06:16 PM
On 2006-12-01 15:08, Wallin wrote:

On 2006-12-01 14:42, JAFO22000 wrote:
My question is this:

The idea, supposedly, is that Sega and 1up are partners so 1up gets to release exclusive coverage of the newest patches first which promotes their website as being ultra cool and in turn Sega gets promotion for their game.

But seeing as how PSU will be updating weekly as of next week, it won't really matter anymore and I will likely never go to 1up again anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

My theory:
This was probably one of the things Sega wanted to keep away from the public. They wanted to follow with the partnership and help 1up promote, but seeing as the community of PSU were on a riot as to their timely update, things probably got out of hand..

Just a theory~

Vergil_Sparda
Dec 1, 2006, 07:46 PM
Weekly?????Every 2 weeks or 1 week?

MXdude
Dec 1, 2006, 07:56 PM
wait wait wait, so after this next patch, updates will be coming weekly instead of every couple weeks?

^_^ hurray if thats true!

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 1, 2006, 08:12 PM
On 2006-12-01 16:46, Vergil_Sparda wrote:
Weekly?????Every 2 weeks or 1 week?

Since it's weekly, it's suggesting every WEEK as in the next thursday, then the next thursday then the next... I would only expect things like, new clothes for one week, then maybe a new PA for next week.

But I wouldnt count on any big releases of patches but maybe once a month. Like say, new areas and such.

Just some theorys I have~

Pandatron
Dec 1, 2006, 08:14 PM
According to the article

"Well, take heart, because we've got the details on Sega's upcoming December plans for their online RPG, the first of which will take place on Dec. 8th. Sega informs us that they will update PSU on a weekly basis starting with the December 8th content release. ."

So i'm assuming that's an affirmative on weekly updates throughout all of Decy.

Merumeru
Dec 1, 2006, 09:03 PM
XD good god, SEGA delivering? o well, better late than never...