PDA

View Full Version : Spearless

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 06:46 PM
Most people must go with a spear as a weapon of choice (Yes, I mean you hunters) but then, something happens to be amidst.
DUN DUN DUUUUN!
Guntechers cannot wield spears as every other class can! What is so wrong with this? It's because that spears are loved (Dus Daggas <3) but they happen to be the only class out of every other one that just cannot wield them. Forces can wield spears, Fortetechers can wield spears, Protransers can too, so why not Guntechers?
Discuss lack of spears for the one and only class that apparently everyone's going down on.

Ether
Dec 1, 2006, 06:51 PM
Guntecher with spear would be overpowered. They get level 10 techs and huge ata, they dont need the 3rd strongest weapon too

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-12-01 15:51 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Dec 1, 2006, 06:52 PM
On 2006-12-01 15:46, Choja wrote:
..the one and only class that apparently everyone's going down on.

Almost makes me want to be a Guntecher.

But, anyway. Maybe they were cut out of the spear on spear love, because then they'd have just one thing that would make them over-powered, or maybe as a guntecher they can use something that most others can't. Or maybe Sega is just being Sega and eventually ran out of ways to finely manage the different classes.

JAFO22000
Dec 1, 2006, 06:52 PM
You mean the third strongest melee weapon, right??

DonRoyale
Dec 1, 2006, 06:53 PM

*COUGH*

Schubalts
Dec 1, 2006, 06:54 PM
On 2006-12-01 15:52, ABDUR101 wrote:

Almost makes me want to be a Guntecher.*snip*

I lol'd. Hard.

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 06:54 PM
On 2006-12-01 15:52, ABDUR101 wrote:

Almost makes me want to be a Guntecher.

But, anyway. Maybe they were cut out of the spear on spear love, because then they'd have just one thing that would make them over-powered, or maybe as a guntecher they can use something that most others can't. Or maybe Sega is just being Sega and eventually ran out of ways to finely manage the different classes.

Mr. Underdog Class, right?
Well, see, I would have thought that the spear would be a universal weapon, but how the hell are guntechers going to get overpowered with just that?

EDIT: Serene, need some cough drops? ;)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-12-01 15:54 ]</font>

Maskim
Dec 1, 2006, 06:55 PM
Ummm...because guntecher is made up of the two bse classes furthest removed from spear?

I personally think all expert classes should be able to use every weapon from their base classes too, only at the base class level. this would solve your problem, but it'd still suck for you if you really like spears. Get all the guntecher S's and A rank weapons, and keep the C's from ranger and force. That's another subject though.

Anyways, if you're a class that's trained in base classes that have barely enough knowledge to use a weapon (ie C rank), then I wouldn't expect the sum of those two inexperienced classes to equal even an A rank.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 1, 2006, 06:57 PM
It's the same as how I cant see why ForteTecher cannot use any crossbows seeing as though they can use S rank Long Bows...

Ether
Dec 1, 2006, 06:58 PM
On 2006-12-01 15:52, JAFO22000 wrote:
You mean the third strongest melee weapon, right??

No, I meant third strongest weapon. Only swords and axes have atp higher than spears

Sychosis
Dec 1, 2006, 07:00 PM
Discuss lack of spears for the one and only class that apparently everyone's going down on.

That's...strangely erotic...

Maskim
Dec 1, 2006, 07:03 PM
On 2006-12-01 15:57, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
It's the same as how I cant see why ForteTecher cannot use any crossbows seeing as though they can use S rank Long Bows...

Because knowing how to use one equates to absolutely nothing in the use of the other. They're completely different weapons that achieve similar results and actions through different methods.

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 07:03 PM
On 2006-12-01 15:55, Maskim wrote:
Ummm...because guntecher is made up of the two bse classes furthest removed from spear?

I personally think all expert classes should be able to use every weapon from their base classes too, only at the base class level. this would solve your problem, but it'd still suck for you if you really like spears. Get all the guntecher S's and A rank weapons, and keep the C's from ranger and force. That's another subject though.

Anyways, if you're a class that's trained in base classes that have barely enough knowledge to use a weapon (ie C rank), then I wouldn't expect the sum of those two inexperienced classes to equal even an A rank.

I'm saying that Fortetecher and Fortegunner had C ranks in spear but still receive them after going advanced. I'm seeing that as confusing due to the fact that the hunter hybrids get it, but also the forte jobs that have apparently no relationships with a hunter job. Guess I'm on a losing battle, but oh well.

Maskim
Dec 1, 2006, 07:07 PM
Well, it works like that for all the forte classes. Hunter get C handguns, fortefighter gets it going advanced. I think with the forte classes, it's just a small bit to aid them, since being so focused on one aspect, they could find themselves lacking (ie fortefighter fighting dimmogulus, fortegunner surrounded close range, fortetecher out of pp, they need at least one weapon they can use to remedy it, even if it isn't used with much skill)

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 1, 2006, 07:09 PM
On 2006-12-01 16:03, Maskim wrote:

Because knowing how to use one equates to absolutely nothing in the use of the other. They're completely different weapons that achieve similar results and actions through different methods.

[/quote]
I agree with you. It's just that if it were to be similar weaponry I would have expected both the bow and crossbows to tag along the same class.

In real-life, I suppose it takes more skill to use a bow than a cross bow which takes less effort to fire since it sets the stage of a gun form.

But since it's in a gun form, it sticks to the gun side of this game >< I still want it on fortetechers though : O

Maskim
Dec 1, 2006, 07:14 PM
On 2006-12-01 16:09, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

On 2006-12-01 16:03, Maskim wrote:

I agree with you. It's just that if it were to be similar weaponry I would have expected both the bow and crossbows to tag along the same class.

In real-life, I suppose it takes more skill to use a bow than a cross bow which takes less effort to fire since it sets the stage of a gun form.

But since it's in a gun form, it sticks to the gun side of this game >< I still want it on fortetechers though : O

[/quote]

Oh, I would have liked to see fortetechers with crossbows myelf. Instead of a handgun, they would use a crossbow, but I can see why it's not. It'd just be nice if it was.

Aaomi
Dec 1, 2006, 07:19 PM
I don't like spears http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cake.gif

Lashiens
Dec 1, 2006, 07:19 PM
Spears = fail.

Discuss. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 1, 2006, 07:22 PM
On 2006-12-01 16:19, Lashiens wrote:
Spears = fail.

Discuss. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

:0 gtfo!

MXdude
Dec 1, 2006, 07:27 PM
My Ranger that i plan to make a guntecher has never and will never use a spear. Spears=trendy crap!

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 07:29 PM
On 2006-12-01 16:19, Aaomi wrote:
I don't like spears http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cake.gif

Now I'm just waiting for someone to run around saying "I'm fearless even when spearless!"

Niki
Dec 1, 2006, 07:36 PM
Spear-hating is the newest trend.

EphekZ
Dec 1, 2006, 07:44 PM
Wartechers have higher techs and higher ATPand same atp as guntechers(not to mention they get higher atp later), so how would guntecher with spear be strong or even good for that matter, they only get lvl 10 PAs.

edit: lol grammar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2006-12-01 16:57 ]</font>

Vorpal
Dec 1, 2006, 07:50 PM
*hugs spear* I love these things!

Guntecher has their unique and S rank guns, and they can cast Shifta/Resta on theirselves.

Zorafim
Dec 1, 2006, 07:52 PM
I loved spears before loving spears was cool.

Vorpal
Dec 1, 2006, 07:53 PM
On 2006-12-01 16:52, Zorafim wrote:
I loved spears before loving spears was cool.

Lol, it doesn't matter. I was just trying out every weapon but the Spear just blew my mind. Come to my room to see my brain splattered against the wall. I didn't use the spear because others did lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vorpal on 2006-12-01 16:54 ]</font>

Lashiens
Dec 1, 2006, 08:49 PM
Okay, but seriously this time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I just don't care for spears at all. The range really means nothing for my playstyle, nor the piercing through enemies. If I wanted to pierce through groups of enemies, I would just use a PA instead. Furthermore, the lock of the animation at the end of the normal combo leaves you wide open for getting pummeled on, as a Hunter, that is. HUGE disadvantage in A rank and up missions, which playing without flaw is almost a necessity. All it takes is getting trapped one time in an animation lock and being surrounded by enemies, to give you a very bad day. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Screw higher dps, I'm all about efficiency.