PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else miss the old Speacials?

Genobee
Dec 1, 2006, 07:18 PM
I kinda miss Master, Charge and Life Steal. Think maybe they will come out with PA's that resemble the old Speacials?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-12-01 16:19 ]</font>

Ronzeru
Dec 1, 2006, 07:21 PM
I miss my massive giant Dolphin attack i'd use as a RAmar.

Maskim
Dec 1, 2006, 07:22 PM
It'd be very cool. I would like to think at some point in time there are weapons released with similar abilities, instead of just ones with some status effects, like we currently have. Would make for some nice S class weapons.

Zorafim
Dec 1, 2006, 07:23 PM
Do I miss glowing while doing the same attack animation I always see?

Should I?

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 1, 2006, 07:24 PM
I miss posing with the whole 4-man team where everyone's specials would link up and give us an ultra Shifta/Deband.

That felt soo0o... powerrangers...

AnamanaAU
Dec 1, 2006, 07:29 PM
I never used specials anyway.

Aaron777
Dec 1, 2006, 07:29 PM
Pilla...that's all i'm going to say and i really hope i spelled that right...

EphekZ
Dec 1, 2006, 07:32 PM
hmm spamming berserk and demons...No I dont miss them

Aaron777
Dec 1, 2006, 07:34 PM
yeah the linking of the photon blasts was so cool...

MXdude
Dec 1, 2006, 07:37 PM
I miss some of them. Photon Arts just make every weapon seem similar. There are no specials to give uniqeness to weapons anymore :-/

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 1, 2006, 07:39 PM
"Lets link the sd special!" "I'll go last, I have mila and yula!"

heh. But since we have those Nanoblast and SUVs, they just seem to make me forget about the oldschool specials.

ChocoboChad
Dec 1, 2006, 08:07 PM
I really did forget the linking thing...

Photon Blasts were so cool. Ah, mags were so cool.

MaKaVeLi_X
Dec 1, 2006, 08:18 PM
On 2006-12-01 16:23, Zorafim wrote:

Should I?

You mean just like PA's on PSU?

Pandatron
Dec 1, 2006, 08:18 PM
Aside from the linking thing there were two other concepts i really like from PSU involving the Mags:

1) There were a god awful lot of them. I mean i only played offline so never got any of the spiffy ones but after all the time staking hours of investing into Sato it was well worth it. The looks of the Mags i think were cool.

2) The ability the mags had to assist you in combat like invencibility when you had low health, or cast shifta and deband, amongst the countless other things i mean (misses sato) spinning Mags of doom were great xD.

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 08:21 PM
Discuss comparsions between Partner Machines and Mags!

Mag:
Adds stats
Does those fun photon blasts
Has special abilities

PM:
Synths for you
Can fight beside you
Can't use an SUV >_>

ethereal
Dec 1, 2006, 08:32 PM
pfft, mags will always pwn PM. would i rather have a useless machine that always makes my rank lower or would i have two bad-ass wing-like things floating around my shoulders making me a killing machine with the stats boosts?

MXdude
Dec 1, 2006, 08:33 PM
Rati FTW

Prototype_X
Dec 1, 2006, 08:46 PM
On 2006-12-01 17:18, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:

On 2006-12-01 16:23, Zorafim wrote:

Should I?

You mean just like PA's on PSU?

Actually no. PA's have a unique combo animation and look way cooler as oppose to the redone animation of the Specials. No I don't miss the specials because most of them weren't usful and caused me to be hit more than I should due to the constant missing. When all the PA's are out, there will be way more diversity then PSO ever had.

MXdude
Dec 1, 2006, 08:58 PM
How many different PAs are there for each weapon type?

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 1, 2006, 09:00 PM
On 2006-12-01 17:58, MXdude wrote:

Well seeing as though the data of PSU characters and such are stored on servers, and we can get updates and new items every time and week, the possibilities are endless but I dont think we will get any more than 3-5 PA for a single weapon type.

Also to note that since you can link and unlink PA to any weaponry, of course it will seem that we can get more and more PAs XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-01 18:02 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-01 18:05 ]</font>

Prototype_X
Dec 1, 2006, 09:02 PM
On 2006-12-01 17:58, MXdude wrote:

There are 3 for each melee weapon.

MXdude
Dec 1, 2006, 09:09 PM
hmm 3 i guess will give a good mix, 5 would be better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MXdude
Dec 1, 2006, 09:15 PM
I think the specials from PSO are much more dramatic towards rangers then. Since Hunters get 3 PAs, and rangers only ger different elemental effects....which doesnt change the animation at all, or have purple Rays from god come streaking down from the sky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MXdude on 2006-12-01 18:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MXdude on 2006-12-01 18:22 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 1, 2006, 09:19 PM
SE <3 You cant hate it. One of the best reasons at least 1 ranger is needed for a party. That and of course taking down big bosses that fly too much ><

Zorafim
Dec 1, 2006, 09:30 PM
Two things I won't miss about mags are the stat boosting and the photon blasts. Stat boosting made or broke a character, so without it you can focus on other things. And photon blasts, well, they were useless.

Still, I loved my metallic cape...

Esufer
Dec 1, 2006, 09:33 PM
I miss the awesome waves that the Lavis Cannon shot out. Kinda rendered the normal and hard attacks useless though. Ah well.

Ryna
Dec 1, 2006, 10:33 PM
On 2006-12-01 16:18, Genobee wrote:
I kinda miss Master, Charge and Life Steal. Think maybe they will come out with PA's that resemble the old Speacials?

Actually, you will see some of these old special attacks. Each ranged weapon class has two special bullets. One of these bullet specials will usually correspond to an old PSO special. For example, there is a bullet special allows you to use meseta instead of PP for machineguns. I believe one of the other ranger weapon classes has berserk.

Choja
Dec 1, 2006, 10:36 PM
On 2006-12-01 19:33, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-12-01 16:18, Genobee wrote:

Actually, you will see some of these old special attacks. Each ranged weapon class has two special bullets. One of these bullet specials will usually correspond to an old PSO special. For example, there is a bullet special allows you to use meseta instead of PP for machineguns. I believe one of the other ranger weapon classes has berserk.

Say, Ryna, how many shots of the machine gun do we get per unit of Meseta? Is it like PP, except on your money?
Berserk? Hmmm... it might be that psycho shot, or something.

AeraLure
Dec 1, 2006, 10:40 PM
I'm not sure its the old specials I miss so much as the L, M, H attack sequencing for combos. Added just enough variety to button use during combat for RAs and HUs.

I do miss linking the Photon Blasts. That was great fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

PMs vs mags? Hmm. I actually have come to prefer PMs (except high end synthing concerns me a little) as much I liked mags. More variety in terms of their looks as well as what they use/do comes when we can make the additional series later. The stat augmentation mags gave got better balanced and shifted into stat bonuses per race and job combinations, as well as simply job levels. Better balance overall and now there is where we do our character tweaking, for better or worse. We have other ways to add to our characters' looks - much more than before - so all I really miss from mags were the team Photon Blasts and only then for the fun factor.

I really enjoy brining my PM along when soloing. She has only ever once cost me an S rank when I have been on my Force and it really was my mistake - which basically means she has yet to cost me an S rank. She did on one other occasion die on megid, after taking a great many hits lol. Pretty sure there is no way to reliably prevent a PM from possibly dying on that, so I count it as no one's fault. Still got an A though.

Ryna
Dec 1, 2006, 10:40 PM
On 2006-12-01 19:36, Choja wrote:
Say, Ryna, how many shots of the machine gun do we get per unit of Meseta? Is it like PP, except on your money?

I believe it will be more like the latter case.

Berserk? Hmmm... it might be that psycho shot, or something.

I've only seen the item descriptions for the Photon Arts. I haven't seen them used in action yet.

MXdude
Dec 1, 2006, 10:41 PM

^_^ thats awesome!! There was nothing i loved more then diminishing my HP and making forces heal me in PSO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Berserk FTW

SkiLLz003
Dec 1, 2006, 11:37 PM
ehh i miss the old "Mech Gun" this new Machine Gun just isnt cutting it for me.
i really do miss getting 2x Red Mech Guns (aka. EXP LEECH YAR!!!!) and leveling up UBER quick.
another thing i do miss. "weak weak strong" and "weak strong strong" i dont like the new.
only 2 attack kinda deals. like HIT then Photon Art. i do hope they bring something to the game that resembles it..

KiteWolfwood
Dec 1, 2006, 11:38 PM
I like being able to take my PM into battle. But it sucks that only the leader can have their PM out. I loved having my little mag dude follow me around everywhere.

Vhex
Dec 1, 2006, 11:51 PM
On 2006-12-01 20:37, SkiLLz003 wrote:
i really do miss getting 2x Red Mech Guns (aka. EXP LEECH YAR!!!!) and leveling up UBER quick.
another thing i do miss. "weak weak strong" and "weak strong strong" i dont like the new.
only 2 attack kinda deals. like HIT then Photon Art. i do hope they bring something to the game that resembles it..

Twin Handguns are pretty much the same as the old Mechguns, only now you can strafe, inflict SE, and look badass with them. =P

Zorafim
Dec 2, 2006, 02:34 AM
I myself like the fact that I don't have to bother with weak and strong attacks anymore. I'm not sure why, but changing from one attack to another bothered me.

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 2, 2006, 09:13 PM
I don't miss having three (normal, hard, special) of the same combo that simply had a different effect. A hard-hard-hard was the same shit as a normal-normal-special, except that the latter combo was faster and had a chance to leech exp or do some status effect. Big deal. PSU's up-to-three-hit combo with the option to use a Photon Art is more diverse even at a low proficiency level.

Photon Blasts paused the game to do some really lame move that was pretty much useless (I guess unless it linked, but it STILL paused the battle which still sucks). SUV weapons are so much more impressive even if they're currently limited to just a chaingun and a spread beam.

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 2, 2006, 10:26 PM
I miss [Special Weapon] recieving kubara wood, or nanoserin just isnt exciting =/

Randomness
Dec 2, 2006, 10:31 PM
On 2006-12-02 19:26, Silver_Wyrm wrote:
I miss [Special Weapon] recieving kubara wood, or nanoserin just isnt exciting =/

But is recieving [B] Ryo-Crenata or [B] Crea Saber as exciting?

Silver_Wyrm
Dec 2, 2006, 10:38 PM
On 2006-12-02 19:31, Randomness wrote:

not sure what Ryo-Crenata is, but stil not really...as a ranger I rarely see any gun drops or anything geared towards RA, and boards just mean a ton of money into mats to hopefully make an item but possibl ejust a waste of money... (I break on 80% alot, my luck blows) x.x I like the excitment of finding a weapon and not knowing what it could be (even if it sucked soemtimes), times change, games change, just something I miss.

MXdude
Dec 2, 2006, 10:40 PM
On 2006-12-02 19:31, Randomness wrote:

No, all that means is you get to spent $$$$$$$ and get a monomate out of it.

Candor
Dec 2, 2006, 11:58 PM
There's still one special. Every weapon is Charge.

MXdude
Dec 3, 2006, 01:32 AM
On 2006-12-02 20:58, Candor wrote:
There's still one special. Every weapon is Charge.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Cry0
Dec 3, 2006, 04:00 AM
yeh, the sd combo was great, and ill never forget that. but weapon special definately the tsumikiri/berdysh one. lub'd that.

Remedy
Dec 3, 2006, 04:19 AM
Actually, you will see some of these old special attacks. Each ranged weapon class has two special bullets. One of these bullet specials will usually correspond to an old PSO special. For example, there is a bullet special allows you to use meseta instead of PP for machineguns. I believe one of the other ranger weapon classes has berserk. Whoa, hold the phone. Not to sound snide or anything, but do you have any evidence of this? This may be the thing that makes me quit my Force altogether and focus entirely on my Ranger.

Alisha
Dec 3, 2006, 05:21 AM
On 2006-12-03 01:00, Cry0 wrote:
yeh, the sd combo was great, and ill never forget that. but weapon special definately the tsumikiri/berdysh one. lub'd that.

anyone that used those specials was a dumb fuck.

by the way i dont miss accidently using a photon blast when i wanted to cast resta.

SkiLLz003
Dec 3, 2006, 10:29 PM
On 2006-12-01 20:51, Vhex wrote:

On 2006-12-01 20:37, SkiLLz003 wrote:

Twin Handguns are pretty much the same as the old Mechguns, only now you can strafe, inflict SE, and look badass with them. =P

finally someone who has even a "slight" clue on wtf they are talking about. the reason why they did the stuff in the game such as spells ect..ect.. is in PSO i could go from like 1-90 in 1 day. (no serious lol) (just showing an example) for instance i could make a force. find some idiot with level 30 spells. dupe them. learn them. and go to unltimate stuff... after a few dancings in the lower stuff.. 1 shotting EVERYTHING THAT WALKS. "now" theyve changed it. only difference is forces in PSU are WAY over powered and i think rangers need added "balls" we could say. but then again if you look at it "RANGERS PLEASE READ" your going 60-80 "PER SHOT" x2 = 120-160 damage. and you can shoot 3-4 times as fast as a staff using force. add it up buddy your doing more DoT (damage over time) then a force would. then people might ask "what about wands?" wands do approx. 80-100 less damage it seems unless you take a 5 star wand and make it a +5 then its on par with staff.. but no one ever does that. and the ones that do ehh "woot smart people Lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif" anyhow. while you can do that on force. you can "also" do that with ranger. by taking a 5 star gun. and grinding the "toot" out of it.. "<3 ron white" but anyhow as he mentioned above. Dual Pistols are "about" what mech guns used to be. only shoot 2 bullets less "nice going"

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 3, 2006, 10:43 PM
^
true, Vhex has said exactly what I have always been wanting to say but have had trouble venting it out. Nothing can be more mechgun than the twin handguns.