PDA

View Full Version : Force info needed

Lavinia
Dec 2, 2006, 01:28 AM
I have some questions and also need some info.
1) Would beasts make a descent force?
2) how do i set up the spells, like 1 element per weapon?
3) any other info would be helpful i havent played a force in so long.

Thank You.

GuardianKnux
Dec 2, 2006, 01:32 AM
nah i dont think they would mst and tp is very very low

Remedy
Dec 2, 2006, 01:33 AM
1) Not really, but you can do it if you think it would be fun.
2) First, use rods. Second, use this pattern: <Element>/Resta/Ra<element>/Reverser
3) First, carry a bow. They're good. Second, learn to aim. Take your time and solo Linear Line C a few times. Get your bearings of how spells fly. Third, while we can do damage, yes, we are still a support class at our core. HEAL. Learn how far your Resta will cover, and try to stay within that range of your Hunters. Learn how much damage they can take, and what their health bar looks like at certain levels of HP.

And finally, don't worry. It gets much easier with practice. =^.^=

Choja
Dec 2, 2006, 01:35 AM
On 2006-12-01 22:32, GuardianKnux wrote:
nah i dont think they would mst and tp is very very low

compared to CASTs? HA!
Beasts still have good TAP, better than the robots.
A Beast Force lives longer, but it does less damage to monsters. A human force is fine too, but newmans just get killed when mobbed ( oh what fun THAT is. >_> )

Lavinia
Dec 2, 2006, 01:36 AM
would humans make good forces?

DizzyDi
Dec 2, 2006, 01:38 AM
1)Beasts have the 3rd lowest MST, but better survivability than other FOs. They'd make an OK FO, but you won't really excell.
2)You can set your spells up however you want. (Don't listen to Remedy on the pattern. Thats what we call a SUGGESTION, and not a NECESSITY, althought you will ned Resta and Reverse easily available you can easily swith between your rods/wands)
3)Wands only hold 2 spells, but have quicker casting times. Rods hold 4, can deal more damage, but are slower. Get comfortable with using both. Some FOs like to use wands exclusively, there is nothing wrong with that. Find your own preference and stick with it. DON'T EVER MELEE. You suck with melee weapons as a FO, no matter if you're beast or not. You'll die in like 3 hits, just don't even try.

GuardianKnux
lol newmans only get killed in a mob if they dont pay attention

Choja
On 2006-12-01 22:36, Lavinia wrote:
would humans make good forces?

Less power than Newmans, but at least you'll live through some accidental hits here and there.
Trust me, Newmans are pretty fragile.

GuardianKnux
Dec 2, 2006, 01:39 AM
humans are alright they have lower tp and mst than newmans but higher defence and hp

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 2, 2006, 01:40 AM
Beasts are not the best types for FO. If you want to make a FO type character I would suggest you make a Newman race character, unless you want to experiment and etc.

Your wands,rods, etc. should be set up in the way that you will REMEMBER how they are set up. Since there's so many types of monster elements and so many technics to choose from, you will be switching back and forth through elements to try to match up against weaknesses and etc.

From best to worst for FO type characters : Newmn,Human,Beast,Cast

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-01 22:41 ]</font>

GuardianKnux
Dec 2, 2006, 01:41 AM
heh good point Sky yea you really have to set em how ya like em my way wont work for you and your way wont work for me

Lavinia
Dec 2, 2006, 01:41 AM
see u can always use a head unit to increase tp

GuardianKnux
Dec 2, 2006, 01:42 AM
well head units only do so much and farkly its not that much if you ask me little damage here or there maybe better weapons but not much just yet

Lavinia
Dec 2, 2006, 01:42 AM
ok then i will stick to my newman force that i ahve started

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lavinia on 2006-12-01 22:43 ]</font>

Lavinia
Dec 2, 2006, 01:44 AM
thank you all for the info, it really help to have people like u guys and gals

Lavinia
Dec 2, 2006, 01:46 AM
my newmans names is, Seraph The Immortal. just look for the newman that is acting like a noob and dieing all the time

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 2, 2006, 01:49 AM
On 2006-12-01 22:42, GuardianKnux wrote:
well head units only do so much and farkly its not that much if you ask me little damage here or there maybe better weapons but not much just yet

Considering the current head units that are meant for forces, they add very little up to 50 for a store-bought Sta/Mind. These will stick with you for a while if you have just started a Force. Right now a new unit called Sori /Force is going to be added next week as a drop from Onma S. boosting stats up to 100 I believe (Information recieved from Japanese friend.)

Just make sure you take it easy on the Technic casting and spamming since Forces are really expensive. What I mean by that is... Once you get to higher places such as A missions or B mission, if you were to completely wipe off up to 6 canes you can see that your bill will be around the 800s.

GuardianKnux
Dec 2, 2006, 01:50 AM
heh i dont hear that often glad to be of help

Itsuki
Dec 2, 2006, 01:54 AM
People fail to realize that its more because they're forces that they're frail, not because they're newman. Being a beast isn't going to give you some huge boost in survivability, you're still going to be 1-shot. Don't believe me:

Female Beast Fortecher level 60: 1217 hp, 550 tp
Female Newman Fortecher Level 60: 956, 1096 tp

Compare that to a fortefighter, which has just over 2000 hp for beast, and over 1600 hp for newman.

Remedy
Dec 2, 2006, 02:30 AM
Sori/Force is 110 TP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
<nitpick>
And Haru/Quick >>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything
</nitpick>

Pentence
Dec 2, 2006, 03:09 AM
Hp is not everything the beasts evp is VERY HIGH natrualy.Also the forces have highest class evp thats a deadly combination.

Finaly if you decide to be a beast fo then you will want to maximize your use of elements.Wands will be your friends rods will not (cept for healing as it has greater AoE for resta and reverser).Also head units help but usualy not enough i have gi/magic on my beast when he is foing it and still do about 60% of the other Fos(Bearing in mind his technics lvls are not that high either but still).

EJ
Dec 2, 2006, 03:14 AM
Just because your a beast doesn't mean you will survive longer than a newman.

When you turn to force class no matter what race you are you will have lower HP and def and will still have to be careful that you dont die by getting mobbed.

Remedy
Dec 2, 2006, 03:20 AM
Pentence, Newmans have the highest racial Evasion. Female Newman Forces have the best evasion in the game, trumped only by, you guessed it: Female Newman Fortechers.

Gazette
Dec 2, 2006, 05:01 AM
On 2006-12-01 22:28, Lavinia wrote:

Thank You.

1)I've seen some BeastFo's around.
No thing's impossible, but you certainly won't be putting out as much damage as some other races.
I'd say fall back on your melee if you feel inadequate at any point, but with Photon Arts capped at 1 for FO's, that really isn't an option.

In short, it'd make for a bit of a challenging job, but by no means impossible or flat out useless.

2)That is COMPLETELY up to your preference.
Some forces prefer 1 element per rod, some many, some prefer wand over Rod for damage, etc., etc...

One thing to remember though, is the elemental weaknesses of monsters.
You certainly wouldn't want to rush an Ice type mob with Barta when Foie (fire type) is available.
Still, that doesn't mean you have to pick up every spell, just the ones you consider necessary to complete the job.

3) Don't listen to Remedy. When it comes to weapon choices. Use whatever the hell YOU want and expect to have the most fun using.

Alpha-Hunter
Dec 2, 2006, 10:53 AM
I just switched my lv 25 cast ranger to force last night. Let me tell you it's murder! only doing it to make a cast guntecher. I wasnt to be able to buff myself and my group and debuff mobs while doing damage with dual pistols. trying to get my force job to 3 with him is going to be rough, lol.

KirinDave
Dec 2, 2006, 12:09 PM
On 2006-12-01 22:28, Lavinia wrote:

They will be better than cast forces, by a fair margin. If you're going in the long run for Wartecher, this is probably not a bad pursuit.

A beast FO will never be as good at that job as a Human, and the difference between a beast force and a newman force is night and day.

I'd recommend using GRM wands with handguns when you use wands, and otherwise sticking to staves. A newman can get away with using weaker TP weapons to get casting speed, but you won't have that luxury, and you really won't have enough TP to make Tenora wands make sense.

Basically, you're going to need to keep your gear really well ground and have the best staves you can afford to stay competitive. When forces can't keep up with the group, their money output goes through the roof.

It's easy to underestimate Zonde and Barta and their Ra-counterparts. Don't do it!. Barta and Zonde give out status effects much more often than Diga and Foie, and their status effects are really good. Sometimes it's wise to spam barta/rabarta or zonde/razonde just to freeze/paralyze some enemies in a group, even if they are not elementally vulnerable.

If that seems weird, go watch good rangers in A-rank missions. They have weapons just for beneficial status effects. A good ranger with a shotgun with ground bullets can turn many Moatoob missions from incredibly difficult to nearly trivial. Forces are not as good at rangers as this, but they can do damage at the same time. Take advantage of it!

Likewise, while Diga hits hardest, Foie really is your best damage spell against medium size targets (non-bosses, but big tough enemies). Why? Post L11, you can ignite larger enemies, and the burn status effect will do more damage than your Diga spam 9/10 times.