PDA

View Full Version : 3 Star Luck Day A Rank Runs!!!

DarkSeph
Dec 2, 2006, 11:11 AM
I have heard that combined luck days generate a http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Amount of RARES! Saaweettt!

So does anyone want to Coordinate one of those days on a Universe to try and get a 6 member team with all 3 star luck? That would ROCK!!!

I'm currently Level 37 Human Female Force. Best with Diga but also great team healer. So anyone interested?

DarkSeph
Dec 2, 2006, 11:12 AM
Side Note: It would be Set in Order / Set in Order if I were the team member. I'm not out to get rares but this is more a curiousity in what we would see/what would happen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Yoruichi
Dec 2, 2006, 11:14 AM
place like holy ground with level 3 luck my groups were getting spamed rares up to vulcaline or whatever that last metal was.

DarkSeph
Dec 2, 2006, 11:21 AM
Yeah, that's what I've heard, is even extremely rares were seen. I'm guessing this would possibly generate Rare Enemies as well, to have a full team of 3 star luck. So if we can get a group together that would be awesome! It doesn't have to be just Human Female, that is what I'm looking for but anyone else feel free to start a group or groups of other types.

DarkSeph
Dec 2, 2006, 11:25 AM
Here, maybe this will help. Obviously some mix and match could work as well due to multiple races having 3 Star luck at times on the same day.

psupedia.org seems to be able to predict the luck a day in advance so that will definately help organizing this.

***TOMORROW NEWMAN FEMALES HAVE A LUCK LEVEL 3!***

Lets Make Universe 10 the place to be on Luck Level 3 Days to meet up with others your race in case this list doesn't work so well...I suppose if people don't want to do this they can just wait in Universe 1 or 2 and beg people to join their team http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Personally, I think this will be a LOT easier!

Team Human Female
1: HOLY BELL lvl 37 Force (me)
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

Team Human Male

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

Team Beast Female

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

Team Beast Male

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

Team Cast Female

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

Team Cast Male

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

Team Newman Female

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

Team Newman Male

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-12-02 08:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-12-02 08:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-12-02 08:30 ]</font>

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Dec 2, 2006, 11:32 AM
I am a newman female! Although I am just going to get a bunch of friends to make newbie female newman accounts and join with me and then have them give me all of the items http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And then they will all come to my awsome house and give me all the synth items and crap, and then we do it again.
I am cool like that.

DarkSeph
Dec 2, 2006, 11:34 AM
That's........cool....I guess. Did you think about what you'll be missing from A Rank runs?

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 2, 2006, 11:35 AM
Has this been confirmed? I dont really see them doing this just for the reasons hinted at above, descrimination against those with no luck.

I newman female so no hard feelings but still it doesnt make much sense.

etlitch
Dec 2, 2006, 11:37 AM
False rumours. Only the party leaders luk is accounted for on item drops during missions.

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Dec 2, 2006, 11:39 AM
On 2006-12-02 08:34, DarkSeph wrote:
That's........cool....I guess. Did you think about what you'll be missing from A Rank runs?

I am a level 7, so A rank would kill me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DarkSeph
Dec 2, 2006, 11:44 AM
On 2006-12-02 08:37, etlitch wrote:
False rumours. Only the party leaders luk is accounted for on item drops during missions.

Regardless of what you have heard / what has been said....having More people with higher luck on the team DOES make more rares/rare enemies appear......

Go by what you See, Not what you Hear!

DikkyRay
Dec 2, 2006, 11:46 AM
o snap, i believe etlitch was owned.
And i agree completely more ppl with luck=more rares

Choja
Dec 2, 2006, 11:55 AM
On 2006-12-02 08:44, DarkSeph wrote:

On 2006-12-02 08:37, etlitch wrote:

Regardless of what you have heard / what has been said....having More people with higher luck on the team DOES make more rares/rare enemies appear......

Go by what you See, Not what you Hear!

Would that mean the luck of a Partner Machine counts too? Or an NPC? :D

Arislan
Dec 2, 2006, 12:01 PM
This sounds much like a few of the old "Multiple Skylys make for a better chance of a Sealed J!" arguments. When I get a chance to grab a Perfect Bible, I'll see if there's anything about luck like that, but just thinking about general game design, it would be a very poor decision to make it so that luck multiplies rare chances. It promotes exclusion and clique-ish activity. My bet is that it's just the leader, as stated before.

Yoruichi
Dec 2, 2006, 12:01 PM
would make sense why they bothered giving npcs luck specially PM

DarkSeph
Dec 2, 2006, 12:02 PM
The Partner Machine Luck Definately counts! I got my Crea Saber board on A Rank De Ragan run having my Partner Machine with luck level 3 and me luck level 2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Teehee

IE: that was soloing by the way

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-12-02 09:02 ]</font>

DarkSeph
Dec 2, 2006, 12:08 PM
I should note that I am only playing De Ragan mostly for the time being to try and get an idea of Drop Rates, hence the Luck tests as well. As for what I have found so far is that in 15 A Rank De Ragan runs I have only gotten 1 Crea Saber board and as stated it was with an extremely high luck ratio! Last nite on a De Ragan run with only a couple on the team (6 of us) with 1 and 2 level luck and the leader not having the high luck, we got at least a couple rare metals in the blocks and then the boss boxes had 2 Par Ebons, which was nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif So I'm thinking that combined luck is where this is comming from. After a couple team members left and we ran it again, we got Squat!

A Rank once again, and I didn't get a Par Ebon but I was glad Someone! got something good, I guess I did get 1 Kerseline...not bad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-12-02 09:11 ]</font>

Rooroo
Dec 2, 2006, 12:13 PM
There was an experiment performed by players on the JPN server. Their conclusion was that luck was calculated as the average of players in the team. In other words, having 6 players of level 3 luck has a droprate modifier equivalent to 1 player with level 3 luck. Nevertheless, 6 players team has obvious advantages over 1 player. Likewise, having players with no luck or low luck decreases the average for the team. They also noted that high luck players getting the killing blow has a higher chance of getting better items than low luck players. In teams, this factor could contribute to some discrepancy between drops, unless you can control who gets the killing blow.

In any case, this is all experiments done by players, nothing official, so take it with a grain of salt.

DarkSeph
Dec 2, 2006, 12:22 PM
Well, some of that definately makes sense....I afterall did not get the killer blow when I got the Crea Saber board, my luck level 3 pm did.

Mystil
Dec 2, 2006, 12:28 PM
On 2006-12-02 09:13, Rooroo wrote:
There was an experiment performed by players on the JPN server. Their conclusion was that luck was calculated as the average of players in the team. In other words, having 6 players of level 3 luck has a droprate modifier equivalent to 1 player with level 3 luck. Nevertheless, 6 players team has obvious advantages over 1 player. Likewise, having players with no luck or low luck decreases the average for the team. They also noted that high luck players getting the killing blow has a higher chance of getting better items than low luck players. In teams, this factor could contribute to some discrepancy between drops, unless you can control who gets the killing blow.

In any case, this is all experiments done by players, nothing official, so take it with a grain of salt.

I can see this happening on uni1.

NO NO LUCK PLAYERS.
LVL1-2 LUCK = BOOT
LVL3 LUCK ONLY

Choja
Dec 2, 2006, 12:31 PM
On 2006-12-02 09:28, Mystil wrote:

On 2006-12-02 09:13, Rooroo wrote:

I can see this happening on uni1.

NO NO LUCK PLAYERS.
LVL1-2 LUCK = BOOT
LVL3 LUCK ONLY

More like
"I DISCRIMINATE BECAUSE OF A RANDOM PROBABLITY THAT CHOOSES MY TEAMMATES FOR ME BECAUSE OF LUCK!"
Delicious. And what if they're idiots?

DarkSeph
Dec 2, 2006, 12:37 PM
Everyone is getting their panties in a bunch! Sheesh! It's obvious who are the adults in this Forum and who isn't. This was for Experimental purposes! But For Certain most of the people are missing the Experi- part and hitting the "Mental" part on the Head. I'm done trying to number 1 see how things work with this game and 2 getting a group together to do it........I have more fun soloing anyway cuz I don't have to put up with 2 year olds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-12-02 09:40 ]</font>

Mystil
Dec 2, 2006, 12:41 PM
Oh they will just keep booting til they have a full party of lucky as hell people. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And Darkseph, it's just messing around.

More people with luck does mean more drops. I solo'ed alot with luck3 and don't get hardly a thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-02 09:43 ]</font>

mogshaz
Dec 2, 2006, 12:43 PM
On 2006-12-02 09:41, Mystil wrote:
Oh they will just keep booting til they have a full party of lucky as hell people. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

More people with luck does mean more drops. I solo alot with luck3 and don't get hardly a thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-02 09:42 ]</font>

If only you could expect a little humanity from other people in a gaming community.

DarkSeph
Dec 2, 2006, 12:43 PM

More people with luck does mean more drops. I solo alot with luck3 and don't get hardly a thing.

So that is what you would do? Cuz the thought hadn't crossed MY mind. Hence the point of this damn post, to get a team together from the get go! Hmmmm......can you smell the Brains Cooking?!

So if your not gonna contribute to what the intent of this post was get the hell out!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-12-02 09:44 ]</font>

Mystil
Dec 2, 2006, 12:44 PM
No I would not do that. I'm saying idiots on uni1 would. What gave you the idea that "I" would do that? O_o

Mystil
Dec 2, 2006, 12:46 PM
On 2006-12-02 09:43, DarkSeph wrote:

So that is what you would do? Cuz the thought hadn't crossed MY mind. Hence the point of this damn post, to get a team together from the get go! Hmmmm......can you smell the Brains Cooking?!

So if your not gonna contribute to what the intent of this post was get the hell out!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-12-02 09:44 ]</font>

I think you missunderstand my edit. when I said it's just messing around, I mean I'm JOKING IN THIS THREAD.

Damn.

DikkyRay
I BOOT BCUZ PPL DONT HAVE LVL 3 LUK. THEY R TEH NUBS IF THEY DONT HV TEH 3 LUK!.
And Mystil, thanks for the info, i have solo'd with 3 luck as ewll, got nothing. As soon as my friend sjoined with 3 luck. Almost every 3 enemies killed was a rare lol. Im glad im not the only 1 that knows that more ppl=more rares

DarkSeph
........I give up.......this post was a waste of my time.......yes, MY TIME!

Yoruichi
Dec 2, 2006, 12:47 PM
Luck is serious business

DarkSeph
Dec 2, 2006, 12:51 PM
There wouldn't be any booting! if people would just create a team from the start with the luck and as for those without any boo hoo! wait till THEY have a luck day and then do the same. There is no such thing as "Clicks" cuz in a days time it will come or go.....Why should a whole team suffer cuz a few people feel minoritized?

If you still think you know what your all talking about when you say clicks and the like, consider this, A Rank players are their cuz they earned it, and you don't put B or C rank players in an A Rank team cuz they will die. Is that Discrimination too? Or just a Damn Good Idea!

And this Still was ment to be an Experiement in Luck but it has degraded to this.....Couldn't Imagine Why...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-12-02 09:53 ]</font>

Mystil
Dec 2, 2006, 01:00 PM
~_~ I can't explain myself anymore than I already have in my posts and in PM.

Anyway, you could do this, and I don't reccommend De Ragan for it. Cause we're not just talking about boss boxes heres, we're talking about regular boxes and mob drops. RELICS would be like an item super market.

DarkSeph
Dec 2, 2006, 01:08 PM
I solo Relics A with my PM and don't die or have hardly any trouble, I'm only a Force lvl 37 with Semi Decent Weaps. Granted my PM is a 410 Striking but still. Anyways, I guess I'll just have to Pop Up Message people in the Universe of Choice to get a team together someday to try this, cuz Heaven Forbid I actually get something to work in here......http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

And no offense to anyone in here but Seriously, this post had a purpose and because no one wanted to contribute to what that purpose was it's a waste of time now and should be locked! Later.....

Choja
Dec 2, 2006, 01:11 PM
Due to boredom, I'll be in the Newman Male team. Whatever. Hey, it works out either way!

mogshaz
Dec 2, 2006, 01:12 PM
What platform is this all happening on? on top of that the Human male team is gonna suck donkey balls.

shojumaru
Dec 2, 2006, 01:52 PM
On 2006-12-02 09:51, DarkSeph wrote:
There wouldn't be any booting! if people would just create a team from the start with the luck and as for those without any boo hoo! wait till THEY have a luck day and then do the same. There is no such thing as "Clicks" cuz in a days time it will come or go.....Why should a whole team suffer cuz a few people feel minoritized?

If you still think you know what your all talking about when you say clicks and the like, consider this, A Rank players are their cuz they earned it, and you don't put B or C rank players in an A Rank team cuz they will die. Is that Discrimination too? Or just a Damn Good Idea!

And this Still was ment to be an Experiement in Luck but it has degraded to this.....Couldn't Imagine Why...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-12-02 09:53 ]</font>

You wouldn't have made this topic if you were a race with a low history of luck, like human male. I think the point is, maybe some things are best left in the unknown.

Mystil
Dec 2, 2006, 02:46 PM
...Eh let it die. OP overeacted anyway..

Arislan
Dec 2, 2006, 03:02 PM
I have heard that combined luck days generate a Amount of RARES! Saaweettt!
I failed to see where it was an experiment. You then stated that we should set up teams of people that have 3 star luck in order to take advantage of this thing that you heard. That, to me, sounds like you believe it, and are arguing for this hypothesis. Others then stated why they may have believed this was incorrect. Simple debate. No need to take it personally.

As for "I got awesome drops while my PM/Friend/Dog was in my party, so it must be true!"
Not necessarily. I never get rare enemies. In over 1500 hours of PSO, I saw less than a dozen total, of all types. But, of those rare enemies, probably about 60% of them dropped what I was looking for. By this, I could hypothesize that my name (and thus, section ID) caused my rare enemy appearance rate to lower, and my drop rate to rise to meteoric levels. This is untrue, and is simple chance. Just because you found 4 red items in a run with level 3 luck and level 2 luck doesn't mean that the same could not have easily happened if you were by yourself. It's luck, of both the game variety and real, honest, chance.

Does that mean you might not be right? You could be. But again, from a design standpoint, it only brings negatives into play overall. Look how long it took for someone to postulate that people would kick for no luck? That's how long it would take for other players to actually *do* so, creating an exclusionary system. And it would develop cliques, mostly of "Female Newmans", "Male Beasts", etc. Why? Because when their luck days hit, they'd all be able to group up and exclude the world, getting "mad rarez" in the process. It makes far more sense to have the leader's luck affect the group's rare drops, since it can be readily controlled, and will not leave out any particular player or group.