PDA

View Full Version : Do you think regenerates are worth it?

Tarathiel
Dec 2, 2006, 07:05 PM
Just curious as to see if the regenerates are worth it (me/hp regen etc....

SoiFong
Dec 2, 2006, 07:10 PM
As a hunter .. no.. i get hit too hard for it to do me any good... But as a Ranger or a Force they work suprisingly well for me, seeing as how im not on the front line. It saves me money in the end and i have to worry less about if the force can get to me or not for resta.

However like i said .. as a hunter .. kinda pointless, but i dont have anything else for my extra slot atm.

Nani-chan
Dec 2, 2006, 07:11 PM
Is there anything better for the extra slot for non casts atm?

Tarathiel
Dec 2, 2006, 07:19 PM
how often does it health up and how much each time?

Cry0
Dec 2, 2006, 07:21 PM
pp regen is worth it for everyone. others rnt worth it work hunters, maybe for others.

Tarathiel
Dec 2, 2006, 07:22 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^ is that in english???

EJ
Dec 2, 2006, 07:30 PM
I don't find it worth it as a hunter but even though I'm a force right now I still find it kinda not worth it right now.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 2, 2006, 07:31 PM
For now, nothing is good for extra slot except SUV if you are a cast.

I wouldnt waste money on any HP recovery extra slot items. You'll regret it in the future like i did XD

Ether
Dec 2, 2006, 07:40 PM
The HP regen is awesome when you solo as a hunter, I hardly ever have to use mates with it

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Dec 2, 2006, 08:05 PM
My force loves the HP regen. A +7 HP every 5 seconds or so is pretty good since I don't take huge chunks of damage at a time anyway since I'm not on the front lines.

Is this so called PP regen item available online yet?

Ronzeru
Dec 2, 2006, 08:07 PM
Are you friggin' kiddin me? Getting 13 HP every 5 seconds is worth it a LOT. After getting hit i'm fighting still and avoiding hits like a Hunter is supposed to. And by time i'm about to take another hit, my HP is already at full by then, without a force even having to give me a second glance.

Golto
Dec 2, 2006, 08:07 PM
The one online available now is just 1% maxhp per tick rounded down.

Ronzeru
Dec 2, 2006, 08:15 PM
Meaning if you have 900 HP, you get 9 HP return per tic. Or 1320 HP, you get 13 HP return per tic.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 2, 2006, 08:57 PM
As a Hunter, yes. I don't get hit often because I know a little something called "dodging", so when I do get hit it quickly fills back up. It's going strong at 15/tick on my Beast Hunter, and 9 on my Newman Ranger.

Would I ever upgrade to an Armor without an Extra slot? Hell no. I synthed myself a Megaline today to upgrade from my Ageha-Senba on my Newman. I made it dark to match her purple outfit. Arm Slot(+32 ATP) and Extra Slot (+9hp/tick). As opposed to Head (+32 TP) Body (+18 DFP), and Extra (Regen)? Yeah, I think it's worth it.

Remember kiddos: This isn't FFXI or WoW. You can zig zag, strafe, circle strafe, etc, and not have to worry about screwing some Thiefs special move. You don't have to take hits unless you want to. Try it some time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-12-02 18:00 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Dec 2, 2006, 08:59 PM
For Forces and Rangers, the HP thing is useful. Not so much for the average Hunter, though.
As for this PP regen item, I've never heard of it, but if it's out there, it better be a big % increase.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 2, 2006, 09:01 PM
Items get nerfed, adjusted, or upgraded for network mode. Let's hope that PP item will be friendly to the PA spammers like me. :3

Otis_Kat
Dec 2, 2006, 10:45 PM
Although this is speaking from offline, when I got a Tero/ HP Regen with Lvl 2 on it, I was never below 7/8 of my hp.

Banert
Dec 3, 2006, 12:00 AM
Personally I find that the mega/stamina a better unit than the restoration. It has seemed to make a noticeable difference in the frequency that status effects affect me, and I'd rather be hurting then frozen, because as we all know frozen=death.

However, I suppose one could always carry a restorative unit and equip it when your health gets low or while you wait for some reason or another.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banert on 2006-12-02 21:07 ]</font>

PaladinRPG
Dec 3, 2006, 12:02 AM
I think the level 1 unit available online currently, while a nice addition to your arsenal if soloing, is not super worth it as a grouping Hunter. I am usually the primary tank getting in multiple enemy's mugs and absorbing a lot of hits instead of squishier members. Frankly, it's tough to dodge everything. So in this case, the small bit per tick is usually not enough to dent my 1400+ HP before the next room is popping. Speed is of the essence on repeated runs, too... can't sit there and wait to heal that way. Now if there was the PP unit, that's a different story.

Lastat27
Dec 3, 2006, 01:24 AM
This should be noted for all of you CAST's using an SUV weapon: You can switch between your SUV weapons and extra slot units (such as Me / Restore) at any time during a mission and still keep your current SUV gauge filled.

1. Equip an SUV and go on a killing spree until your SUV gauge is filled up.

2. Equip a different SUV or extra slot unit. Notice you did not lose your currently filled SUV gauge.

3. Re-equip your SUV when you wish to fire.

This allows you to fill up your SUV guage, switch to a Me / Restore to regain your lost HP, and then switch back to your SUV when you wish to fire it at something useful.

When we own multiple SUV's, this will also allow us to use the best SUV for the current situation. If you have Grom Buster equipped, you could switch to a different SUV to dish out a "Attack Down" effect instead of "Shock" effect etc.

Tarathiel
Dec 3, 2006, 01:27 AM
im gonna buy one i dont get hit too often but it adds up sometimes and getting hit once or twice every minute (dunno real hit ratio) i think it will be worth it.