PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU think will be in the expansion pack?

Niered
Dec 3, 2006, 01:28 AM
For those that didnt know, an expansion pack was announced on release date of the japanese version of PSU. Since its not out yet, what do you think/wish would be in it? Heres a few things Ive thought of:

1.Obviously new weapon types, including dual mechguns, and possibly slicers, and whatever the hell else they throw in.

2. More expert classes, what im thinking here is, you know how even though a Figunner is a ranger/hunter, its still primarily a hunter? What about reversals of this? I.E. one that focuses more on being a ranger then a hunter. Obviously a subtle difference, but important none the less.

3. PVP. Lotsa people have shown interest in this, and I for one dont see why it shouldnt be in there.

4. New areas. Duh, its an expansion pack.

5. Possible additional species? Doubtful I know, but not impossible.

6. Lvl 200. I saw this as being obvious, the current max cap that is in PSU, even when the unlock everything will be 100, just like in PSO v.1.

7. Another planet. That would be sick.

8. More vehicles, and more immersive missions to use them in.

Anything else people? Its kinda fun to speculate on this sorta thing!

MXdude
Dec 3, 2006, 01:29 AM
Hmm i doubt that new expert calsses would be added.

AnamanaAU
Dec 3, 2006, 01:31 AM
Lunga racing

Niered
Dec 3, 2006, 01:33 AM
How is that doubtful MXdude? Im not trying to bash you or anything, but it seems rather logical to me. I mean, esxpert classes are something entirely new to PSO, so adding more, especially where there are holes seems logical.

MXdude
Dec 3, 2006, 01:36 AM
Well, they basicly have all the combinations in expert classes. What else could they add?

Niered
Dec 3, 2006, 01:38 AM
Well, they could go out on a limb and do what they did with protranser, make an entirely unique class, or like I said in the OP, since hybrid classes still focus more on one class then the other, they could reverse the roles. Figunner still focuses more on HUnter then ranger, so why not make a class like figunner, that simply focuses more on guns?

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 01:39 AM
Unlock Earth
Unlock Ragol

Be able to equip your PM with items you WANT to let them use.
More than 36 PA cap so that we dont have to delete some of our beloved ones <3

Music disks to play around with during missions.

Return of some original rare monsters (Pofoully Slime, Lilly, Hildetorr, etc.)

Edible food in lobbies.
Small Vehicles such as bikes,skates, etc. to use while going around town and lobbies.

DonRoyale
Dec 3, 2006, 01:40 AM
Who gives a rat's ass when it comes out in Japan, we want it in US/EU.

Nao >:C

I like your ideas, though, they're very unique. Perhaps we'll see some of that in the future.

I doubt there'll be another class, or another planet for that matter.

Still, one can hope =D

MXdude
Dec 3, 2006, 01:41 AM
But if they reverse the roles on some of the expert calsses, then that takes away some of the uniqueness away from the calsses. If they add more calsses, then thats just taking away exclusive S ranks from other classes. I just dont see it happening, I think the classes are all pretty well balanced and adding more classes would probably cause them to rebalance all the others to make everything equal again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MXdude on 2006-12-02 22:44 ]</font>

Niered
Dec 3, 2006, 01:42 AM
On 2006-12-02 22:39, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

Music disks to play around with during missions.

GAHD YES.

Best memory of PSO GC: Causing my party to die during Gol Dragon fight because I palyed the wedding march. Apparently its hard to fight while ROFL'ing.

MXdude
Dec 3, 2006, 01:43 AM
Add Forests from PSO! That would make my day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MXdude on 2006-12-02 22:43 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 01:47 AM
More room layout designs ( Not some crappy "change your wall colors and cabinets!")

The ability to JUMP ( Of course that wont ever happen, Har har har hr!)

The ability to ROLL so that you can dodge those pesky megid...

The ability to FLY weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I mean common, it's like 320948295 years ahead of us in the future. They SHOULD have already invented something that would at least let you fight creatures thay hover in the air.

Just thinking about... Like a melee creature flying about, then you see your ally to your right just go straight up into the air, and start battling it out while you are on the ground trying to fight those darn worms and etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-02 22:50 ]</font>

Niered
Dec 3, 2006, 01:47 AM
Actually, they oughta just add all the areas from the old one. Maybe up the detail and graphics, but for the most part leave em.

of course, those would be wuite the endurance race. just think about how much longer PSO's dungeons were in comparison to PSU's.

MXdude
Dec 3, 2006, 01:48 AM
Nah, i could care less about the other areas lol, i just want to be able to run through forests again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif was soo much fun.

Niered
Dec 3, 2006, 01:49 AM
Rolling would be nice, but I doubt they could add it since it would cause incompatibilities with the non expansion pack users.

Maybe make it only for battle mode? That would be useful!

MXdude
Dec 3, 2006, 01:50 AM
shouldnt we wait untill all of the content is unlocked with this game first tho? lol, Its kinda hard to think of things to add to the game when so much is still coming(or so they say)

Bleemo
Dec 3, 2006, 01:50 AM
Lots and lots of rare equipment. Lots of them.

This shift to a content based game has failed. Need more l00tz, plz.

Niered
Dec 3, 2006, 01:52 AM
failed? I dont really think so. Its just a different system.

In PSO, you FOUND rares.

In PSU, you SYNTH rares.

different way of doing it. Although i would like some more of them, though im sure well get them with updates.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 01:54 AM
On 2006-12-02 22:49, Niered wrote:
Rolling would be nice, but I doubt they could add it since it would cause incompatibilities with the non expansion pack users.

Maybe make it only for battle mode? That would be useful!

Yes. I was refering to something that the SPECIAL OPS do when they roll in the Endrum mission. A lock-on rolling tactics. That would prove really useful when trying to dodge Technics and etc. or trying to roll out backwards from the fray. Can add a lot of tactics on the battle system... "normal, normal, PA, PA, roll back, rinse, repeat." lawl

MXdude
Dec 3, 2006, 01:55 AM
In PSO, you FOUND rares.-->success

In PSU, you SYNTH rares.-->failure

I agree i hate the Synth. rares.......bring back my ???? drops and my fat purple techer! ;_;

Carbinne
Dec 3, 2006, 01:57 AM
Anyone figure out what the Adhana Cannon is for yet

Gnomes
Dec 3, 2006, 01:57 AM
so how is this expainsion pack going to be arriving for the 360???

Bleemo
Dec 3, 2006, 02:01 AM
On 2006-12-02 22:52, Niered wrote:

In PSO, you FOUND rares.

In PSU, you SYNTH rares.

different way of doing it. Although i would like some more of them, though im sure well get them with updates.

Look at the amount of rares available on PSO.

Look at the amount of rares available on PSU.

Synthing or not, I want that many rare items. Items are what made PSO shine, and it would certainly make PSU a lot more interesting than it is now.

We already know what is coming in our several upcoming content patches. The only rare items we will have available to us for a long while can be found offline, and that isn't very many rare items.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 02:01 AM
On 2006-12-02 22:57, Carbinne wrote:
Anyone figure out what the Adhana Cannon is for yet

You are off-topic. But it's used for making a lazer cannon in the name of the Adhanna.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 02:04 AM
On 2006-12-02 23:01, Bleemo wrote:

On 2006-12-02 22:52, Niered wrote:

In PSO, you FOUND rares.

In PSU, you SYNTH rares.

Look at the amount of rares available on PSO.

Look at the amount of rares available on PSU.

Synthing or not, I want that many rare items. Items are what made PSO shine, and it would certainly make PSU a lot more interesting than it is now.

We already know what is coming in our several upcoming content patches. The only rare items we will have available to us for a long while can be found offline, and that isn't very many rare items.

You are rushing things about the rares too much.
Probably only 20% of PSU has been released so far, have patience~

Niered
Dec 3, 2006, 02:07 AM
I have to disagree with you again MXDude. (Seriously im not trying to be an ass, i just have an opinion on things you do, and we seem to alwayss be on oppsing sides here heheh.)

In PSO, finding a rare was, well, RARE. It happened so infrequently (with the exception of section ID related drops) that it was reason to jump for joy, shout to the heavens, and possibly sacrifice an infant or two to the gods as thanks. I feel that the drops were in fact TOO rare, and directly contributed to the widespread outbreak of duping. If you cant find it, just dupe it.

Now we come to PSU. Rare boards can be found with some time (maybe 10 hours) a little luck (literally, and figurararatively) and the required synth items. it no longer feels like a lost cause to run areas in search of items, since you can find them with out TOO much work.

Bleemo
Dec 3, 2006, 02:21 AM
On 2006-12-02 23:04, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
You are rushing things about the rares too much.
Probably only 20% of PSU has been released so far, have patience~

There is very little to do on PSU other than run missions constantly. This is the underlining issue with PSU, if you haven't noticed.

The only real rare items available to us now are synthing materials. We have very few boards. Despite the fact that PSU is early in it's life, that doesn't defeat the fact that there is so little to do after a while. The next few content updates won't help this. The missions we run are simply for EXP or Mission points, nothing fun like rare items. PSO was so enjoyable because there was always something to find. Sega took a different approach to PSU and decided content would be it's foundation, not loot as it's predecessor was.

This can easily be seen by looking at the combat system itself. PSU requires a lot of items, to the point it's almost redundant to make rare items except just for looks as you will be using your store bought weapons more than your one or two rare ones. I COULD go into a longer, more drawn out analysis of PSU's direction in general, but meh, it's late and I just wanted to post my opinion, lol.

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 3, 2006, 02:41 AM
Ah, a wishlist...

An option to completely disable lock-on for my controls. I'd much rather not have to worry about accidentally locking on to something with my saber and ruining my handgun strafing run. Lock-on is for pansies anyway.

An option to completely disable all automatic camera turning so I don't have to wrestle with it at all.

If they do something like add a rolling mechanism (which I highly doubt), make damn sure that lock-on isn't required for such actions.

Allow machineguns to be fired in first-person mode, or at least allow some limited turning ability while firing.

Allow at least some TECHNICS to be aimed in first-person mode. If Diga is an arcing TECHNIC (it sure looks like one), perhaps trajetory could be changable. Might make things interesting...

When seeing another character aim in first-person mode, have them actually point their guns in the direction in which they are aiming. It's stupid to see a rifle being pointed at a wall while it's shooting at an airborne Onmagoug.

Being able to see your gun in first-person mode would be nice. As it is, it looks rather cheesy.

Being able to use melee attacks in first-person would be cool, even if very much impractical due to the way PSU handles the 3rd-person perspective. Really, this wish belongs in a crapload of OTHER games that handle 3rd-person in such a way that 1st-person would be better. But I digress.

Stop making the ground twitch.

Allow US PS2 players to type in Japanese, at least in hiragana and katakana. Romanji wa dame da yo.

Music discs could be cool. Classic Phantasy Star music, hopefuly.

Get rid of that damn weapon lockup effect that sometimes occurs. It even happens to Ethan!

Make the vehicles not suck. Floader needs to go faster for the way it handles (how about going full speed without the need for stupid powerups?); Striker needs a rotatable turret, a better camera (okay so this part isn't entirely the vehicle's fault) and the ability to run small to mid-size monsters over; and the Lunga...just needs to appear more often because it was actually pretty cool?

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 3, 2006, 02:47 AM
On 2006-12-02 23:07, Niered wrote:
Now we come to PSU. Rare boards can be found with some time (maybe 10 hours) a little luck (literally, and figurararatively) and the required synth items. it no longer feels like a lost cause to run areas in search of items, since you can find them with out TOO much work.

You get the materials, you get the board, but you still need to make the item itself, which has a good chance of failing. if you fail, you need to get more materials and more importantly another board. Kinda like finding a ??? SPECIAL WEAPON and it turns out to be another fucking Gae Bolg. Or perhaps multiple Gae Bolgs. Oh well, time to get more ??? SPECIAL WEAPONs and hoping that ONE of them's a Durandal or whatever the hell kickass rare weapons you old PSOers coveted.

Diasuke-san
Dec 3, 2006, 02:50 AM
i personally think that the expansion set will be for offline extra mode. I think it will add some more features like multi player and more weapons.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 03:00 AM
I would also like more hud systems on your FPS mode. Seeing an ugly crosshair doesnt turn me on since I come from games like Counter-Strike and BF1942.

We need things like Scope,zoom,etc. if it were to be rifles and so on.

Niered
Dec 3, 2006, 03:27 AM
a zoom on scopes would be nice, but also seems kinda pointless...i mean, normal zoom in PSU gets you up close and personal to the mobs anyways.

I had another idea. One thing that I dislike about PSU's clothing system is that the goggles, glasses, and hats are considered parts of hairstyles. I wish that these were there own seperate set of clothing, so you could use them with any hairstyle you want.

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 3, 2006, 03:40 AM
On 2006-12-03 00:00, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
I would also like more hud systems on your FPS mode. Seeing an ugly crosshair doesnt turn me on since I come from games like Counter-Strike and BF1942.

I didn't even think of that, and I hate crosshairs too! Maybe I only hate them in pure first-person games (or pure third-person games that should have had first-person) then. A laser sight ala Resident Evil 4 would look so much better than that crosshair... (oh yeah, BF1942 and other PC games have nothing to do with my disliking of crosshairs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

But..what kind of HUD systems do you mean?

Rifle zoom would only make sense if it actually had the range one would expect from a sniper rifle. Actually, handguns and rifles alike sometimes auto-adjust zoom distance when fighting De Ragan or Onmagoug. I can't figure out why...or why Soni Team wanted an auto-zoom feature in the first place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2006-12-03 00:42 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Dec 3, 2006, 03:58 AM
PVP and lots of new stuff.
New missions, new maps, new planets, new weapon types, new clothes/parts, new vehicles... y'know, more new.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 04:08 AM
On 2006-12-03 00:40, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

On 2006-12-03 00:00, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

But..what kind of HUD systems do you mean?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2006-12-03 00:42 ]</font>

Like simple add-ons. Nothing too hard to do. Whenever I zoom in fps mode and see that fruity cross-hair, I just go...Bleh. Sonic Team need some experience from making more FPS games, lawl.

Hmmm... They need to add fancy information and like... actual scopes and etc. if you were to look through a gun:

The ring of the scope would cover the perimeter of the screen black while you see a molded figure of the world through your lens.

Thus they should add useless information such as small moving lines and gadgets expressing distances,degrees,depth, etc. etc.

I think I'm asking too much for fps mode but they need more than just that ugly crosshair! XD

Proff
Dec 3, 2006, 06:05 AM
Ragol (would be nice)
SS Rank Missions
SS Rank Items
Lv200

MXdude
Dec 3, 2006, 11:48 AM
I have to disagree with you again MXDude. (Seriously im not trying to be an ass, i just have an opinion on things you do, and we seem to alwayss be on oppsing sides here heheh.)

In PSO, finding a rare was, well, RARE. It happened so infrequently (with the exception of section ID related drops) that it was reason to jump for joy, shout to the heavens, and possibly sacrifice an infant or two to the gods as thanks. I feel that the drops were in fact TOO rare, and directly contributed to the widespread outbreak of duping. If you cant find it, just dupe it.

hehe we do keep disagreeing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

at any rate, i think the rarity in PSO was perfect. It mae rares rare, so that you felt good after all those many, sometimes hundreds, even thousands(SJS) of runs. Everything seems too comon too me, but that could just be because there are hardly any available.

I actually do think its a lost cause or atleast more so than PSO. If you actually find that awesome board and all its expensive as hell mates and it fails.....all you have left is a monomate to show for yoru hard work and money.

Lyrise
Dec 3, 2006, 12:15 PM
On 2006-12-02 22:28, Niered wrote:
For those that didnt know, an expansion pack was announced on release date of the japanese version of PSU. Since its not out yet, what do you think/wish would be in it? Heres a few things Ive thought of:

(cut for brevity)
Anything else people? Its kinda fun to speculate on this sorta thing!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. No actual expansion disc was announced. All that was announced was "Ambition of Illuminous", and as it turns out, its a continuation of the offline story mode, but your own character and a new character, Raia Martinez, plays center stage instead of Ethan.

These are essentially the story missions you'll soon get; as for the ex-disc, you know its going to come, most likely AFTER the PS2 is phased out. But it most certainly isn't announced now.

Wheatpenny
Dec 3, 2006, 12:29 PM
I want Ragol,all the old bosses in new form.Some of the old weapons(CHAINSAWD CHAINSAWD!!!) It would be quite nice.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 03:00 PM
I would like to have mini - games to be additions to our shops and stores. Like... We can find old classic Sega games and buy or find them. Then go about and add them into our stores at which we can price them specificlly the way we want to.

Chuchu Rocket!~ 1k meseta each gameplay!!! >:3

SnickersFO
Dec 3, 2006, 03:10 PM
On 2006-12-02 22:49, Niered wrote:

Wait... is the expansion pack free? Or do you have to pay for it? If you have to pay for it, than that will just be bull.

mechatra
Dec 3, 2006, 04:07 PM
Lol you guys are talking about Illumes no Yaibou arent you?

I believe you'll be getting that with the update that has the expert classes and such. The JP servers have had it for quite some time. An earlier post actually details that it's not a new disc or expansion, it's just an update and a beggining to the second story set after the events of PSU story mode, following your character.