PDA

View Full Version : answered, thanks.

SnickersFO
Dec 3, 2006, 09:03 AM
thank you all again for helping me. (except for the assholes who act sarcastic and think they are funny, even though they are not.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SnickersFO on 2006-12-03 15:00 ]</font>

Ravennittes
Dec 3, 2006, 09:05 AM
Higher difficulty means a higher star base, making rares easier to find.

SnickersFO
Dec 3, 2006, 09:11 AM
I see...
So I will have to get a good party going so that I can get more rares, Since I tried going into a level 20+ by myself and I got myself owned. So I will just have to get lots of people to join with me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you !

Randomness
Dec 3, 2006, 09:14 AM
Yeah, forces have an acute lack of soling ability.

Ravennittes
Dec 3, 2006, 09:15 AM
Keep in mind that a higher star base means that those items are common, meaning that rares (9+ stars) are the real rares, and that most 7 and 8 star "rares" arn't really rare, and are common, like Kubara Wood.

etlitch
Dec 3, 2006, 09:19 AM
Wow awesome. Noone knows.

Let's say that if an item have a drop chance of 0.5%, and that luck3 boosts the chance by 50%. Ok, now you have your "rare" at 0.75% drop chance. Does that seem granted that it will drop? DOES IT SEEM CLOSE to 100% ? WELL DOES IT?

Sexy_Raine
Dec 3, 2006, 09:56 AM
I found a Gigaline board today. Not exactly rare, but still a decent find.

Yoruichi
Dec 3, 2006, 10:35 AM
I'm a beast and I've found alot of rare drops short of some A boss box drops and 2 or so crea boards. This was with and without so I'd just say you rolled snake eyes to many times.

Natrokos
Dec 3, 2006, 12:56 PM
On 2006-12-03 06:14, Randomness wrote:

That's not true. I solo just fine as a force.

Natrokos
Dec 3, 2006, 12:57 PM

Felix-DeSouza
Dec 3, 2006, 12:59 PM
well i found a meow mustache 10 star think thats pritty rare

Randomness
Dec 3, 2006, 01:03 PM
On 2006-12-03 09:57, Natrokos wrote:

I mean as in doing high ranks in a resonable timeframe... Maybe its just my utter lack of Hajirods at level 45...

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 3, 2006, 01:06 PM
are you sure that that female force is a newman? for all we know, it could be a human, beast, or even a cast.

SnickersFO
Dec 3, 2006, 01:22 PM
What do you mean? My female force is a newman, I have the big shiny gold thing next to my name.

PaladinRPG
Dec 3, 2006, 02:01 PM
On 2006-12-03 10:03, Randomness wrote:

On 2006-12-03 09:57, Natrokos wrote:

I mean as in doing high ranks in a resonable timeframe... Maybe its just my utter lack of Hajirods at level 45...

Maybe I might need to fix that lack? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ryoga4523
Dec 3, 2006, 02:11 PM
People are getting the luck star(s) all mixed up. You are not guaranteed to find rares just because you have luck. I have actually found more or better items with out having luck. You just have a greater chance of finding more or better items. So stop complaining that you have not found anything like you are supposed to get something just because you have the luck for the day.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 02:12 PM
Soloing for me isnt hard. I've done onmagoung under 26 minutes rushing through and skipping alot of monsters, at the while still recieving A rank.

Forces soloing Temple areas = win.

Diablohead
Dec 3, 2006, 02:16 PM
even with +3 luck it does not mean you will GET a rare, it just raises the chance.

Randomness
Dec 3, 2006, 02:52 PM
Meh, who cares about luck... I just got a relic edge and an orgdus spawn soloing Relics C. Who needs luck?

SnickersFO
Dec 3, 2006, 03:03 PM
On 2006-12-03 11:12, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Soloing for me isnt hard. I've done onmagoung under 26 minutes rushing through and skipping alot of monsters, at the while still recieving A rank.

Forces soloing Temple areas = win.

Where are the temple areas at?

Randomness
Dec 3, 2006, 03:09 PM
You play forested islands on Neudaiz, then its the Grove of Fanatics mission past that.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 03:14 PM
Temple areas.

Endrum: Parum

First take Parum east and do the first mission. Then defeat De Ragan. Instead of aborting mission, you continue by using the crystal to warp. You will come to a dawn form of the fields. Continue through the next gate and defeat this next run area. Now you will arrive in the SeaBeds section. To your right will be Endrum's Temple area

(Note, If you wish to grind the area, you must not complete the goal by walking to the next goal lobby, you must abort mission since the NEXT goal lobby is the second Relics for Parum which has NO missions yet.)

Temple of Fanatics: Neudais

Take the second Neudais mission ( the forested one. NOT the one with red trees.)
Defeat that section and your next area should have two choices: Rainbow beast and the Temple of Fanatics.

SnickersFO
Dec 3, 2006, 03:18 PM
Okay, thanks!

Golto
Dec 3, 2006, 05:15 PM
Well today i've been pretty lucky in a group as leader fem new. A dozen or so rares in 1 1/2 hrs or so B dragon runs.

Ravennittes
Dec 3, 2006, 05:32 PM
Grove: 1 mission, 2 baybari's heh. (A bunch of other good stuff too)

Randomness
Dec 3, 2006, 05:35 PM
On 2006-12-03 14:32, Ravennittes wrote:
Grove: 1 mission, 2 baybari's heh. (A bunch of other good stuff too)

Board or the actual weapon???

Ravennittes
Dec 3, 2006, 05:39 PM
Actual weapon. The board would suck. If I got a board it'd be for the 6* not 5*.

SkiLLz003
Dec 3, 2006, 05:44 PM
On 2006-12-03 06:19, etlitch wrote:
Wow awesome. Noone knows.

Let's say that if an item have a drop chance of 0.5%, and that luck3 boosts the chance by 50%. Ok, now you have your "rare" at 0.75% drop chance. Does that seem granted that it will drop? DOES IT SEEM CLOSE to 100% ? WELL DOES IT?

i think your an idiot personally. because i can single handedly take my 50Beast with 0 luck vs ur "ANYTHING" with 3 stars and i 100% GUARANTEE you ill get more rares then you will. why? simply because i can not only SOLO b with my eyes closed but i can also join A runs with a party or solo an a run myself. that being said. itll act as if i have added luck chances. another thing. here is how it all pans down ive figured it out i am 100% sure..

for instance flourescent lightbulb board..
the reason being for this SOOO rare is the following:

there is a (?%) chance for a ([B] anything) to drop.
on top of that..
there is a (?%) chance that it is a {[B] Saber} to drop.
ON TOP OF THAT!!!...
there is a (?%) chance that it is a (?*)

now i know that made no sense. pretty much that is showing there is only a certain chance that a "Board" will drop. on top of that there is only a certain chance that that board will be the type you are looking for. forinstance a [B] Saber type. the reason im using that as an example because im talking about flourescent lightbulb.. now on top of that!.. there is only a certain chance that itll be of a certain star. after u get down to it being a board and it being a saber now you have *rarety to worry about.

that being said. my 0 luck beast soloing b
has a better chance then ur 3star luck anything
hell. i could give you 20 star luck. and u would NEVER see a flourescent bulb drop. simply because of what i mentioned. the %'s are broken down into 3 tiers. board. item. rarety.

Ravennittes
Dec 3, 2006, 05:48 PM
And because you have a higher star level, it'd be alot harder to get the lower star level board because of the rarity thing, which your luck helps.