PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about the force aiming system?

Guitarsmasher
Dec 3, 2006, 09:55 AM
i think it can be very hard to use at times for tagging enemies before hunter kill them all. esspecially when i shoot something like diga, and the enemie moves out of the way.

Randomness
Dec 3, 2006, 09:59 AM
Well, diga is really slow... If you're trying to tag things, pull out ra-techs. Much more effective, and they have a limited lock-on ability

Ravennittes
Dec 3, 2006, 10:01 AM
If you practice at it, you'll be very good at aiming... For tagging, use ra-techs.

Arieta
Dec 3, 2006, 10:07 AM
Diga isn't the best spell of choice for tagging mobs, it's slow moving and Arc's. Best weapon a Fo can use to tag enemies is your trusty handgun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Things get differant on B and A ranks though. Sure on C rank it can be hard to kill the mobs before the hunters get them, but on B and A the mobs have so much health there's no reason not to have tagged the mobs.

SnickersFO
Dec 3, 2006, 10:07 AM
Use rediga.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 3, 2006, 10:10 AM
I'm very accurate with my techs. I do get close to enemies to make sure I get my attack to hit the enemies. I can even hit the neidaiz worms right when they come up from the ground. I do enjoy dodging and moving around when I attack, that is what's fun about being a force. And that is why I can't play hunter that well, I only prefer long ranged fighting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-12-03 07:17 ]</font>

Guitarsmasher
Dec 3, 2006, 10:12 AM
i do use the ratechs, a lot actually, but if the enemy youre trying to hit moves the slightest distance away from right in front of you, the ratech shoots past them and misses. 7/10 tries i hit, im just trying to perfect myself by hitting 10/10 or 9/10 times.

Arieta
Dec 3, 2006, 10:12 AM
Hehe should consider yourself lucky though Raine. Some missions are just a pain for hunters. I get so stressed out playing Fanatics since I'm moving through a obsticle course with bombs going off all over xD

rena-ko
Dec 3, 2006, 11:00 AM
barta for tagging.

drakkula
Dec 3, 2006, 12:17 PM
man, i just love rabarta but its already 20 so im working on rafoie which must be at 18 now...then i will be working on rediga......RAs are the coolest ones and reach lots of enemies......

Sychosis
Dec 3, 2006, 12:35 PM
If you need to tag, barta or a handgun. The new system separates the men from the FOmars.

MayLee
Dec 3, 2006, 12:39 PM
I have to Strafe in order to aim good, also my bow does wonders. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Garnet_Moon
Dec 3, 2006, 12:42 PM
Only idiots who can't strategize or anticipate movement miss spells. C'mon, it's "What direction will the bad guy go" 101 at it's finest. If you need more practice, go download Tribes for free off the official site and maybe i'll give you lessons. :3

EDIT: Startagize to Strategize. Haha, it's early.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-12-03 09:42 ]</font>

Mystil
Dec 3, 2006, 12:59 PM
OH COME ON!! STOP MAKING SHIT SOUND SO EASY TO DO. IT'S GETTING IRRITATING.

Anyway, one word: Discouraging.

Felix-DeSouza
Dec 3, 2006, 01:04 PM
i get up close an perosnal with diga bit slow though when hitting flying enemys

Gamemako
Dec 3, 2006, 01:06 PM
Use a gun, you dolt!

Seriously now, who tries to tag with spells? Just shoot each one time -- you get the EXP even if you miss or do 0 damage.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 02:54 PM
Tag all enemies with guns for your exp, once you've got them all, unleash teh FORCE!

KirinDave
Dec 3, 2006, 03:08 PM
You'll find that as you get your ra-spells past level 11, they become much better at tagging.

FenixStryk
Dec 3, 2006, 05:09 PM
Tagging with Handguns and Ra-techs is much better than tagging with Diga. Seriously, man... c'mon.

happy_cricket
Dec 3, 2006, 05:22 PM
LOL - I read this topic and thought, "What? There's a system?" I always just sort of face th enemy and hit the button.

I do miss the autotargetting of the basic techs in PSO though.

SoiFong
Dec 3, 2006, 05:22 PM
I for one like the spell targeting the way it is. It makes all the spells feel unique in the way and type of damages they do. It takes SKILL to use them, rather than point and click. If you want fast tagging use a gun or a penetrating spell the travels in a line.

If spells and fire arms had the circling option that hunters (melee weapons) have, things would get broken fast.. you would have classic broken "circle of death" tactics that would get cheap fast. Fun for some, boring for me. Atleast with a hunter using melee targeting and circling they can still suffer the chance of eating a few hits. Masterful melees i have seen however, are about flawless in thier hitpoint pools so far. You can already do psuedo circle-of-death with a gun in one hand and a melee weapon in the other. Dosent need to get any more broken than that ... you still have to be down with your timing to pull it off.

Just wait until i can be a wartecher .. Its going to be slow and clunky but im going to practice circle-of-death spell tactics as soon as I am able, just to see if it is at all feasible (so far i say it isnt).

Guitarsmasher
Dec 3, 2006, 06:51 PM
On 2006-12-03 09:42, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Only idiots who can't strategize or anticipate movement miss spells. C'mon, it's "What direction will the bad guy go" 101 at it's finest. If you need more practice, go download Tribes for free off the official site and maybe i'll give you lessons. :3

EDIT: Startagize to Strategize. Haha, it's early.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-12-03 09:42 ]</font>

since all people tht have a force were horrible at the aiming system when they first began, i guess tht means were all idiots including you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Guitarsmasher
Dec 3, 2006, 06:53 PM
On 2006-12-03 10:06, Gamemako wrote:
Use a gun, you dolt!

Seriously now, who tries to tag with spells? Just shoot each one time -- you get the EXP even if you miss or do 0 damage.

heh, feel like buying one while i try to deal with buying 5* armor+buffers and 5 hajs?

Natrokos
Dec 3, 2006, 06:58 PM
I think Foie and Zonde should have a 1 degree turning radius besides that my only complaint is overshooting with Ra techs. the aiming system isn't too bad.

Guitarsmasher
Dec 3, 2006, 07:05 PM
yea, its a lot easier when you strafe