PDA

View Full Version : When does the money start comming easier?

xFuZioN
Dec 3, 2006, 01:56 PM
I know in the beginning of PSU, meseta comes really slow. Like you have to do a few runs just to buy a weapon or a few disks; I'm lvl 10 and im still saving to get new armor. But I have seen people with ridiculous amounts of money.

So I have asked various people online when cash starts comming easier. Some say lvl 20, others have said 30.

What do you guys think?

Syl
Dec 3, 2006, 01:58 PM
I got my moola starting at lvl 17-18, but cause I saved up and opened a shop. It's my main source of income, well most of the time...

TyrIstKrieg
Dec 3, 2006, 02:13 PM
Just save it, make your current equipment last. Pay attention to your ranks, party with higher levels. Feh.

Itsuki
Dec 3, 2006, 02:36 PM
I'm level 59, and I have to do many many many many runs to buy new weapons... because they're all over 100k each and I only make like 10k/hour. :/

Wheatpenny
Dec 3, 2006, 02:53 PM
Open a shop.Soloing missions is good too.

Randomness
Dec 3, 2006, 02:54 PM
Yeah... But I still wish I knew how people have like 500k+ already...

Meh, at least I should hit 100k by thursday.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 3, 2006, 02:59 PM
I found my money increase quicker around the level 20 range, right about the time I got my SUV and Shop.

Kismet
Dec 3, 2006, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I'd say around 15-20ish. Because Moatoob gives a lot of money. You can make about 2k in 30 mins to an hour. (And yes, that's on C-rank runs, too.)

Also, a good saving technique is to deposit meseta every once in a while. Me personally, I store meseta in my PM each time I make 5k.

ZiG
Dec 3, 2006, 03:15 PM
Honestly, around lv35 is when money comes in steadily. That's when you canget into a majority of the A level runs. Endrum Remnants A takes about 15 minutes and gives 2850 Meseta.

xFuZioN
Dec 3, 2006, 03:26 PM
On 2006-12-03 11:59, Kismet wrote:

Also, a good saving technique is to deposit meseta every once in a while. Me personally, I store meseta in my PM each time I make 5k.

I actually started that technique too. It seems like a very good idea, cuz you have a safety net if you end up splooging your money on something stupid. Right now my savings are going to new armor; after that, to opening a shop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xFuZioN on 2006-12-03 12:27 ]</font>

hucast21
Dec 3, 2006, 03:27 PM
On 2006-12-03 11:54, Randomness wrote:
Yeah... But I still wish I knew how people have like 500k+ already...

Meh, at least I should hit 100k by thursday.

It's not that hard really. Synth 5* weapons and wait for a lvl 3 luck day for a race/gender. Create an alt on that day to grind your weapons to +4. Then sell each one for 16k.

I grinded 5 weapons one time and put them on sale in my shop for 16k. I did one mission to come back and find all were sold.

16k x 5 = 80k

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-12-03 12:46 ]</font>

-Black_Tiger-
Dec 3, 2006, 03:40 PM
Until you get a handle on the value of most items and open a shop with stock priced to sell, it'll be slow. The game doesn't give out much money, even on A rank missions.

The fastest way to gain meseta and exp, is to do Canyon C runs on Moatoob. I think I started doing them in my 20's and even then, it took less than 10 minutes round trip (recharging, selling items, restarting the mission, etc...) using only twin rippers(and a handgun for the ocassional bird). There's a Photon charge box and heal whell at the beginning of the second and final Block, so you can blaze through the entire mission using nothing but photon arts without returning to the city.

You get 2500 exp, 7 mission points and almost always 2000+ meseta. Sometimes you can get closer to 4000 meseta if you're lucky. So lets say you're slow at first getting used to it and only get in 5 laps per hour. That's already going to be an easy 13000 meseta.

But the thing is, there are lots of good item drops that'll earn you extra meseta even faster if you run a shop. Aside from all the good healing items and ingredients, you'll start finding PrimitiveMoatoobIdols and Bug Eaters.

The only warning I have to give though, is that after doing this for awhile, the game lost a lot of it's appeal, because I do A rank missions after with full parties and either earn the same ammount or less overall than I do soloing Canyon C.

But you'll max out your Type in no time, let alone all the levels you'll gain.

MegaBUD
Dec 3, 2006, 03:43 PM
do mission and get S rank... sell item in shop... solo run.... but the best way to make quick money is synth armor or weapon elemental... and sell them.... but its the best way to lose a lot of money too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DonRoyale
Dec 3, 2006, 03:48 PM
I managed to get money and earned my title. I opened my shop at level...10, was it?

I'm level 18 now, and I'm usually making about 10k a day. (I'd rather have the money than the EXP, albeit job EXP, which I need =p)

ChrisKo
Dec 3, 2006, 04:14 PM
All your meseta are belong to me!

mananas
Dec 3, 2006, 04:37 PM
So you people are making money off your shops... how much time do you put into farming for stuff to sell? If I opened a shop I'd probably go under, because I don't play all that much (I'm level 31). On top of that I'm a force so I can't really solo all that much. How do you really make money with a shop?

Wheatpenny
Dec 3, 2006, 04:56 PM
No problemo.Here are some ideas of profitable shop stock.

1. B rank melee elemental weapons.The cool thing about doing Missions in like Valley C,Mine C, you can find Harnium which you can turn into soldonium using a converter board.Pay like say 9 k for a B Rank weapon board and if you make the 3 weapons on the board with all the harnium/soldonium you find while farming meseta and exp then you can sell each of theese weapons for 10k to likle 14k each depending on the market atm.Net profit 30k-40k optimum usualy 10k minimum and 0k if you are just that unlucky(note theese figures are not counting any other valuable objects and or mesetta you find)

2.Cillicas and Carbons.Doing ValleyC and Pahrum Relic C can get you Carbons and Cillicas used in synthing armor.I don't make armor I just sell the Cillica and Carbons at 1/2 of the npc price.Which if my memory serves me corectly cillica are 800 at npc and Carbons are 2000 respectively, you half that # selling at shop and thats 400 and 1000 each still not to shabby.

3.And perhaps the most random way of making money is selling random rare junk.Rare synth materials,Rare weap boards things like that. but double edged sword of that is you may eventualy need some of theese things later on.

RadiantLegend
Dec 3, 2006, 05:47 PM
Carbons sell like crazy at 2k each.

After a while the runs get very boring. I wish ortacarbons was easier to get.

lavosmanx
Dec 3, 2006, 06:20 PM
Though keep inmind that because you own a shop it doesn't give you a right to charge ABOVE the NPC's price that they sell by. If an NPC sells something for... 2500 then it doesn't give you the right to sell a meseta OVER that price. I make my money by gathering materials for a friend of mine. I give him my results of gathering for the day and I get somewhere around 1500-1800 meseta. I also get meseta by soloing and going with people on missions. Relics is a good one as are dragon runs. So by the end that your done, it is all good really.

I don't open a shop because my other friends have shops and so I lend my services to them. Whenever they ask for it, I supply them with goods. I tend to think its a good deal and I make easy money from it. So there you are... my secret.

Maskim
Dec 3, 2006, 06:35 PM
On 2006-12-03 15:20, lavosmanx wrote:
Though keep inmind that because you own a shop it doesn't give you a right to charge ABOVE the NPC's price that they sell by. If an NPC sells something for... 2500 then it doesn't give you the right to sell a meseta OVER that price. I make my money by gathering materials for a friend of mine. I give him my results of gathering for the day and I get somewhere around 1500-1800 meseta. I also get meseta by soloing and going with people on missions. Relics is a good one as are dragon runs. So by the end that your done, it is all good really.

I don't open a shop because my other friends have shops and so I lend my services to them. Whenever they ask for it, I supply them with goods. I tend to think its a good deal and I make easy money from it. So there you are... my secret.

Yes it does. I may not like it, you my not like it, but yes, if you own a shop, you now have every right in the Guardian's Station to sell for 1, 2, or 30,000 meseta over the npc price. They won't, hopefully, get any sales at those prices, forcing them to adjust to the market vlue, but they have a right to ask for however much they want in their own shop.

Also, to those suggesting selling Nanocarbons for cheap. You're selling yourselves short. The majority of carbons are so overpriced that you don't need to drop that low to sell out, and fast. I sell my nanocarbons for 2300, sometimes on 'sale' for 2299, and the longest I've ever had any in stock was 25 minutes before sold out. Some of you go ahead and keep selling them for 1000-1500 trying to be the good guy store though...I check often, buy up all I can at this price range, and sell them for double. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

mananas
Dec 4, 2006, 04:13 PM
So to all of you - do you think it's worth trying to set up a shop? I'm kind of scared I'd just lose 15,000 meseta and never turn any kind of profit. Is that likely?

Ravennittes
Dec 4, 2006, 04:19 PM
Uh, no. If you set your prices right, people will come. It's possible to make back the money and more in one night.

Knowbodie
Dec 4, 2006, 05:24 PM
Unless you sold everything you had to get your shop, you should turn a profit as long as your prices are reasonable.

Randomness
Dec 4, 2006, 05:33 PM
On 2006-12-04 13:19, Ravennittes wrote:
Uh, no. If you set your prices right, people will come. It's possible to make back the money and more in one night.

If you have stock beforehand, anyways.

Myself, I usually dont even farm mats, I bargain-hunt for the ones I dont have. When I run completely dry, I fall back to 3 stars for a bit, while I run some areas.

5k got me 10 ash, 3 marseline, and about 8 Im-Photons. Thats a Gatling and more, since I had the Giganite. Gatling success=10k profit, failure=5k loss... not a bad trade off.

Choja
Dec 4, 2006, 06:44 PM
On 2006-12-04 13:19, Ravennittes wrote:

If you build it, they will come.
Apparently, I'm in a speed rut. 72 hours (or however long it takes to mainupdatetence) to make 110k or more just to get a cards board or something better. Or even more.
Besides, sell the stuff (NPC/PC) you get on the Canyon C runs.

Dukelion
Dec 4, 2006, 07:38 PM
Shops pay for themselves in time depending on what you sell and how much/many your selling.

And if the 15k is such a worry for you...I play on PC, my name is Axel Brass. My instant messenger should be shown below this post. Leave a message.