PDA

View Full Version : The grind from 40+ to 50

Wallin
Dec 3, 2006, 02:01 PM
What's the best way to get from 40+ to 50?

Right now my hunter is 47, and I've been soloing Valley of Carnage C for a long, long time, but it's really starting to drag, at about 2.2k exp per run... going to take me at least 80 more runs. Any other solo recommendations?

I somewhat gave up on finding A-rank missions because the groups seem to be pretty hard to find and you have to go through the trouble of fighting through 1 or 2 missions just to get to the clearing to check if there is anyone fighting in the boss/relic missions. The only missions I have run before on A are De Regan and SW, so how is the exp in the other places like Temple and Neu. Relics?

And yeah, I used to have friends, but they all cancelled and left. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Chris28
Dec 3, 2006, 02:02 PM
Neudaiz Relics A

Mystil
Dec 3, 2006, 02:06 PM
VoC A is insane xp for the short time that you are there but no one dares to group there. Agata RELICS A is good xp indeed, I've done it twice so far. And the end you face 2x Svaltus, and 2x big thing with funny. It's a wild fun ride and someone is always doing A runs on uni1. Yea I know I know but it is your best bet. 47 you can breeze though Forest/Rainbow C. Just get a ice daggers, fire daggers, and spam PA through the areas.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 02:06 PM
He's right. You get better exp for Neudais relics A.
I can't confirm because I was 50 before the new maps, but I've always asked party members "How's the exp here?" and their answers are usually awsome or so-forth.

I've hit lvl 50 cap at the Neudais Temple A runs but I cant compare it to these new areas.

Pandatron
Dec 3, 2006, 02:10 PM
On 2006-12-03 11:02, Sinow wrote:
Neudaiz Relics A

Definitly approved, the week this came out i went from lvl: 37 -> 50. Just placed down a time that weekend and grinded it's the fast exp and pay out thus far. Just try not to spend 30 minutes at anytime there otherwise it doesn't feel work it. Try to get into some sub 20 or 15 minute runs and you'll see the benefits reap in no time ^_^.

Hotobu
Dec 3, 2006, 02:13 PM
Roland. ROLAND?! What kind of name is Roland that's why everyone left. You have to change your name to MR. ROGERS! sit in lobbies putting on shoes and sliding on sweaters. Everyone will want to be your friend. You'll see pictures of panties in partner card descriptions and fishtanks as gifts.

You could also *gasp* make NEW friends. Go into parties spit out some random banter and excange cards BAM! people to play with.

Getting in on parties where people are doing constant runs is good too

-You could also at LEAST try to step up to Valley of Carnage B.

Pee-Wee says the word for today is 'xenophobia' whenever someone acts like a xenophobe SCREAM REAL LOUD!

Wallin
Dec 3, 2006, 02:15 PM
I've found that B missions are terrible for soloing. You take at least twice as much time, but only get maybe 25% more experience and blow through your PP/meseta like it's nothing.

And yeah, I'd like new friends, but have you seen most of the people who still play this game (mostly on Universe 1 since I can't seem to find any unlocked games anywhere else)? I'd say 4/5 people are arrogant, annoying, or lazy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-12-03 11:18 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 02:23 PM
On 2006-12-03 11:15, Wallin wrote:
And yeah, I'd like new friends, but have you seen most of the people who still play this game (mostly on Universe 1 since I can't seem to find any unlocked games anywhere else)? I'd say 4/5 people are arrogant, annoying, or lazy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-12-03 11:18 ]</font>

:0 Then you havent been to Holy Relics A in u1 lately, I had a game running from 6pm to 1am. No one in the field lobby was as bad as the people in the Raffon Field base either.

Wallin
Dec 3, 2006, 02:28 PM
I very rarely find groups that do the same mission more than twice without getting bored or deciding they have something else to do, which is why I decided to start soloing instead. Maybe I just have bad luck that way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-12-03 11:28 ]</font>

Randomness
Dec 3, 2006, 02:32 PM
On 2006-12-03 11:28, Wallin wrote:
I very rarely find groups that do the same mission more than twice without getting bored or deciding they have something else to do, which is why I decided to start soloing instead. Maybe I just have bad luck that way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-12-03 11:28 ]</font>

I can't stand doing the same run over and over too much. If the group is moving around, however, then I can stand staying for a bit.

Wheatpenny
Dec 3, 2006, 02:35 PM
Well I like doing the Mine C mission(Whatever the hell its called) solo on Moatoob.Good exp and meseta for solo and also Harnium.Even just tackling Agata Relics B with one other person is pretty nice meseta and exp.Try that.

MegaBUD
Dec 3, 2006, 03:46 PM
Relic is nice... or you can do the classic dragon run (damn boring)

ChrisKo
Dec 3, 2006, 04:00 PM
Holy Relics A is actually worse on Exp/Mission Points than B, But if u need money and drops also then A is the way to go. After update when we get more powerful weapons A will be slightly better for Exp purposes. A nice rule to follow is try to fight monsters at least 5 levels below the average of the party for maximum exp.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 3, 2006, 04:21 PM
Yes the people we've met in Nuda Relics, or anywhere outside of raffon >>, are much better than the people we've met at raffon. I don't know why but I swear raffon base is like the idiot/jerk/ect central of PSU.

Relics is probably the best xp area outside of spamming boring ass dragon 24/7 and it's most likely the group is more willing to move around than the ones you find at raffon.

ChrisKo
Dec 3, 2006, 04:35 PM
Yes the people we've met in Nuda Relics, or anywhere outside of raffon >>, are much better than the people we've met at raffon. I don't know why but I swear raffon base is like the idiot/jerk/ect central of PSU.

Raffon = Blacklist 100+.