PDA

View Full Version : Remember The PSO-World PSU Launch Party? How About A Christm

Kismet
Dec 3, 2006, 02:56 PM
I was thinking, if Sega adds Christmas themed decorations to the planets' cities this month in one of the updates (which I'm hearing is going to be likely), then we should have a Christmas get together? =3

It'd be fun, and is a good reason for everyone to get together and hang out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Since we've all been so busy leveling, or partying with particular people, we probably haven't had much time to spend time with others.

What do you think? =D

Yoiyami
Dec 3, 2006, 03:08 PM
Sounds fun! I would definately go. Who'd be hosting it and what kind of Christmas themed stuff would we be doing? =o

Rizen
Dec 3, 2006, 03:14 PM
Its already being planned ~_^

ThisIsMyPanic
Dec 3, 2006, 03:14 PM
I'd go : D

Kismet
Dec 3, 2006, 03:17 PM
It'd be cool if there were some sort of Christmas attire, but that doesn't exist so that cancels out any hopes for cool visual Christmas support. XD

If someone wants to record a video of the event, that'd be nice. It'd probably follow the same lines of the LP (launch party). Shots of people talking, doing some emotes (either singled-out or synchronized), dancing by the decor. That sort of thing.

Since the LP had a synchronized dance, maybe for this one we could do a timed team pose or something? Hmm... This probably needs a seperate thread of idea planning. X3

As for a host, maybe Rizen will be willing to do it again? Not to pressure him into doing anything, that is. Just a good suggestion, since the whole original 'gathering' idea is his and he's pretty popular. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If not, I or someone else could host it.

Edit: Guess Rizen beat me to this. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kismet on 2006-12-03 12:18 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Dec 3, 2006, 03:19 PM
I think it's a wonderful idea. We should.

And better yet, we should meet in a big, unpopular place, like the Clyez fountain.

Universe 15, NOT UNIVERSE 1! We don't want noobs ruining our Christmas with their h4x http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 03:20 PM
I'll visit for about 5 minutes then run off to fight some Santa-Rappies.

Kismet
Dec 3, 2006, 03:21 PM
On 2006-12-03 12:19, SereneShadows wrote:
I think it's a wonderful idea. We should.

And better yet, we should meet in a big, unpopular place, like the Clyez fountain.

Universe 15, NOT UNIVERSE 1! We don't want noobs ruining our Christmas with their h4x http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Of course, Uni 15. =D Yay for PSOW-only exclusiveness!

Rizen
Dec 3, 2006, 03:29 PM
I dont mind hosting another party. Im glad too see that people do enjoy the things I put together. I just hope I can do it again...
But you know if someone else wanted to host or help they always can.

Yoiyami
Dec 3, 2006, 03:31 PM
On 2006-12-03 12:17, Kismet wrote:
It'd be cool if there were some sort of Christmas attire, but that doesn't exist so that cancels out any hopes for cool visual Christmas support. XD

If someone wants to record a video of the event, that'd be nice. It'd probably follow the same lines of the LP (launch party). Shots of people talking, doing some emotes (either singled-out or synchronized), dancing by the decor. That sort of thing.

Since the LP had a synchronized dance, maybe for this one we could do a timed team pose or something? Hmm... This probably needs a seperate thread of idea planning. X3

As for a host, maybe Rizen will be willing to do it again? Not to pressure him into doing anything, that is. Just a good suggestion, since the whole original 'gathering' idea is his and he's pretty popular. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If not, I or someone else could host it.

Edit: Guess Rizen beat me to this. XD

Sounds good, sounds good. But why don't we do something new this time? Something especially for Christmas? As for what... Still working on it. >_>

EDIT: Get a co-host, Rizen. It shouldn't be all on you to organize. XD See if someone can help you out with some of the planning and keeping everything together. I wouldn't mind at all, two or three heads is better than one, right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoiyami on 2006-12-03 12:33 ]</font>

Rizen
Dec 3, 2006, 03:33 PM
On 2006-12-03 12:31, Yoiyami wrote:
Sounds good, sounds good. But why don't we do something new this time? Something especially for Christmas? As for what... Still working on it. >_>

I think I have something...but working out how its going to be done tho. Been thinking about this since Thanksgiving XD

Yoiyami
Dec 3, 2006, 03:34 PM
On 2006-12-03 12:33, Rizen wrote:

On 2006-12-03 12:31, Yoiyami wrote:

I think I have something...but working out how its going to be done tho. Been thinking about this since Thanksgiving XD

Well, what're some of your ideas?

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 03:37 PM
How about a secret-Santa thing where everyone wraps something cool and wonderful for the person of PSOW http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Formulate something from that....~

Heheheheh..... **Goes about evily, at the while wrapping Cosmo Fountains into gifts***

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-03 12:40 ]</font>

Randomness
Dec 3, 2006, 03:50 PM
Actually, a mass-gift-exchange would be nice. Assuming we can assume that not everyone on here is a greedy little...

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 03:57 PM
We could do a PSOW meeting. Everyone who wish to enter the Secret-Santa exchange would be there, lined up. There then would be someone who will record the names and etc.

1. Have one person at a time do /card or etc. out of one group. then the next group will do the same. ( That way we could get a match-up. If 3 people were to roll the same thing, the last person will need to roll again.)

For example. Group 1. 12 people:
one rolls /card A of hearts

the Group 2. 12people"
one rolls /card A of hearts

(these two people would be one another's secret santa.)

I dont know. Just throwing some ideas until we can get something concrete.

DizzyDi
Dec 3, 2006, 04:00 PM
What if the Cyclez city secret bar were to open up for christmas? Could we hold it there?

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 04:02 PM
Xd just thinking about... Wrapping a ripper dagger for someone then finds out that the person is really a force. D:
That would cause some mess...

And if someone wraps a monomate board... You will suffer!!!`~

TangledWeb3917
Dec 3, 2006, 04:04 PM
if there was one I'd deffinatly be there ... especally after how well yesterdays meet went http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kismet
Dec 3, 2006, 04:11 PM
Yay, this is going to be awesome. ^_^

And Dj, I really like that Secret-Santa idea. It's nice. =D

tank1
Dec 3, 2006, 04:12 PM
If a Xmas get together happens then i will definitely come along.

Yoiyami
Dec 3, 2006, 04:18 PM
On 2006-12-03 12:37, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
How about a secret-Santa thing where everyone wraps something cool and wonderful for the person of PSOW http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Formulate something from that....~

Heheheheh..... **Goes about evily, at the while wrapping Cosmo Fountains into gifts***

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-03 12:40 ]</font>

Thats a really good idea. o.o I love it. XD How would it be organized, though? >_>

tank1
Dec 3, 2006, 04:31 PM
I guess those who want to take part could put there names into a raffle os some sort. But i dont know if it would be practical if loads of people take part.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 04:37 PM
If alot of people participate we would have to split one another into groups.

Yoiyami
Dec 3, 2006, 04:53 PM
On 2006-12-03 13:37, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
If alot of people participate we would have to split one another into groups.

I'm sure a lot of people would, but I'm not sure how that would work. A raffle like last time would work. There could be 10 (worthwhile) presents and everyone would draw a number. The winning numbers would get the presents. People could contribute by giving the host the presents as donations to the raffle. The only thing about that is we'd be relying a lot on honesty. (i.e. "Here's a wrapped Rappy Feather. *coughmonomatecough*")

There could be a select few who donate the presents instead of random people. That might help. Of course, the host would have to know what each present is. That sounds like the easiest way to do it. Trying to actually organize the people and make groups would take way too long since a lot like to show off. *nodnod*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoiyami on 2006-12-03 13:55 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 05:49 PM
Okay... We would need at least 2-4 honest persons to step up and Be an admin towards this then if we're going to do some sorty of raffle for presents.

Yoiyami
Dec 3, 2006, 06:28 PM
On 2006-12-03 14:49, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Okay... We would need at least 2-4 honest persons to step up and Be an admin towards this then if we're going to do some sorty of raffle for presents.

Choosing them would be Rizen's job since he's hosting. >.>;

Solo_Wing
Dec 3, 2006, 06:36 PM
Sounds like fun, count me in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ravennittes
Dec 3, 2006, 06:45 PM
I suggest having it about a week before christmas if possible to allow those (like me) who will be travelling during christmas and will not be able to play on that one day.

Yoiyami
Dec 3, 2006, 06:53 PM
On 2006-12-03 15:45, Ravennittes wrote:
I suggest having it about a week before christmas if possible to allow those (like me) who will be travelling during christmas and will not be able to play on that one day.

That's also a good idea. Schedualing it so that most people can make it. *nodnod*

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 07:06 PM
Have fun. I wont be participating though. Just wanted to give some ideas only~

Yoiyami
Dec 3, 2006, 07:09 PM
On 2006-12-03 16:06, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Have fun. I wont be participating though. Just wanted to give some ideas only~

I'm just really bored at the moment. My friends aren't on and solo'ing gets old, so I'm spamming. *sigh* XD

Ravennittes
Dec 3, 2006, 07:10 PM
I suggest also having it in a different place that the last meeting. Perhaps a different place for the different servers. For instance, the 360 would go to, I dunno, East District Parum, or an open place in Neudiaz, and the PC/PS2 people would go to I dunno, Moatoob on the seats, or in the Cafe (crowded), or Raffon Field Base, or some fieldbase like that. These are only suggestions. As another one, I'd suggest that both events on the two different servers are held simultaneously from like 2 EST-10 EST so that people from everywhere have a chance to join in the festivities! Even have certain times for card exchanging, raffle drawings or whatever so it's semi-organized. I just want all involved to have fun. That's what this game is for, no?