PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions: PVP AND THE EXPANSION PACK

SnickersFO
Dec 3, 2006, 03:23 PM
Well I have seen people say PVP, adn I do not know what this is. What is it?

And about the expansion pack:
Is it free?
I saw someone say something about that some things might look bad for people who don't have the expansion pack. Does that mean that we have to pay for it? Or is the expansion pack free?

DizzyDi
Dec 3, 2006, 03:24 PM
PvP = Player versus Player. People speculate that Sega might add some sort of Play versus Player feature where people with be able to fight thier characters against another. This is not confirmed so don't hold your break for it.
And I don't think an expansion pack has been announced for PSU either.

SnickersFO
Dec 3, 2006, 03:29 PM
Ohhhh... I thought it had something to do with a battle thing.

Well hopefully someone can answer the expansion pack question.

rena-ko
Dec 3, 2006, 03:37 PM
expansion - or... version 2 will most likely be a new disk with the old and some new content. its announced that they're working on, but not when it gets released. all the content thats said to be in it is wishful thinking so far. nothing other than its future existance is official up to now.

SnickersFO
Dec 3, 2006, 04:17 PM
Wait... so we have to buy a new disk with all the new stuff on it? Which means that we have to pay 60$ for a whole new game? I am on the xbox if that makes any difference. For xbox won't they just let you be able to download the updates straight from the xbox like they do for every other xbox game?

Itsuki
Dec 3, 2006, 04:37 PM
Lets change that. It hasn't been announced by any source that I would consider official. The faq for the PSU US version mentions an expansion pack, but this is the only place outside of mistranslations of episode 2, that mentions an expansion pack.

Now, there is episode 2, which is online only story mode content in PSU as well as some online only levels and level changes. This is released slowly over time, a chapter every couple weeks.

I've said it many times, the expansion pack that was supposedly announced was just people mistaking Episode 2 for an expansion pack.

Gazette
Dec 3, 2006, 04:50 PM
It really isn't their fault, considering Gamespot posted some nonsense about Sega Team announcing a completely new expansion with Illuminas no Yabou as the cover picture.

Though nothing is official, I've always been under the impression that they'd release a Ver. II styled expansion. Though only time will tell now, there's no harm in hoping for an expansion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-12-03 13:52 ]</font>

AlMcFly
Dec 3, 2006, 05:07 PM
On 2006-12-03 13:17, SnickersFO wrote:
Wait... so we have to buy a new disk with all the new stuff on it? Which means that we have to pay 60$ for a whole new game? I am on the xbox if that makes any difference. For xbox won't they just let you be able to download the updates straight from the xbox like they do for every other xbox game?

Ok, I think you are severely confusing "expansion pack" with "updates".

We will have weekly maintenance updates and bi-weekly content updates (hopefully) that just download right at login. We will be getting a content update this Friday morning as a matter of fact.

An expansion pack, which is a veritable "sequel" to PSU is in the process. It won't be out for some time (year and a half maybe?) and is an entirely new game thus will cost as much as a new game. This you buy in store and most likely will allow character info to be carried over.

Get your terminology right and do research so you are not confused any more. Also, it helps to be completely specific when asking questions. Being vague gets undesirable answers.

Ravennittes
Dec 3, 2006, 07:22 PM
In PvP, each class has an advantage over another:
Hunter vs Ranger: Hunters have too much HP and even with status effects, any respectable Hunter *should* be able to beat any respectable Ranger.

Hunter vs Force: Forces, although they can't take a hit, can annhialate any Hunter in two or three hits, especially if they have Me-Quick.

Rnager vs Force: Despite force's abilities at being able to have long distance attacks (like bows), most of they attacks are slow and avoidable. Rangers can evade exceedingly well, and as such, should be able to win win this contest.

Varients: Figunners (due to Double Sabers and guns) are tied with Wartechers in my oppinion as the best varients. Protranzer, for PvP is a very weak class, although they can do everything, which, if used right, could make them strong, but compared with pure and semi-pure classes, they would most likely lose.

Diablohead
Dec 3, 2006, 07:59 PM
Seeing 3 on 3 would be pretty nice for a psu pvp mode, if any will exsist.

I kind of hope sega are looking into it.

Itsuki
Dec 3, 2006, 08:12 PM
Actually, hunters probably have it the worst in PVP since they can't hit a damn thing with their ATA. Especially beast hunters, would need to get behind a ranger or force to really deal any damage. And what respectable person would let anyone get behind them in pvp.

While on the other hand, ranger based classes have a pretty hefty advantage over all other classes. High ATA and respectable ATP combined with status effects.

Guitarsmasher
Dec 3, 2006, 08:22 PM
An expansion pack, which is a veritable "sequel" to PSU is in the process. It won't be out for some time (year and a half maybe?) and is an entirely new game thus will cost as much as a new game.
[/quote]

actually, i dont think the expansion pack will cost as much as a new game would. expansion packs for other games usually cost about half of the original game. but if it is a new game entirely, you can bet on it being atleast 50$

Pooru
Dec 4, 2006, 01:31 AM
On 2006-12-03 17:12, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Actually, hunters probably have it the worst in PVP since they can't hit a damn thing with their ATA. Especially beast hunters, would need to get behind a ranger or force to really deal any damage. And what respectable person would let anyone get behind them in pvp.

While on the other hand, ranger based classes have a pretty hefty advantage over all other classes. High ATA and respectable ATP combined with status effects.

there are accuracy upgrades ;P

also once the hit lands dont you think it'll be a big owie?

Shadow_Wing
Dec 4, 2006, 01:34 AM
Doesn't give much advantage to a Hu, or even a Fo, with a fully bulleted Ranger using a rifle... yea range ftw

Kurushii
Dec 4, 2006, 11:29 AM
really got to consider the size of the 21+ technics. You really think anyone can dodge that shit? And getting behind a FO....GI techs casting anyone?

Para
Dec 4, 2006, 12:09 PM
On 2006-12-03 12:37, rena-ko wrote:
expansion - or... version 2 will most likely be a new disk with the old and some new content. its announced that they're working on, but not when it gets released. all the content thats said to be in it is wishful thinking so far. nothing other than its future existance is official up to now.

Where did they announce this?

Merumeru
Dec 4, 2006, 12:10 PM
If only PVP was like what you see in FMVs...okay, now imagine this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

A hunter dashes towards a ranger with dual sabers while the ranger fires with dual guns, the hunter DEFLECTS the bullets with his sabers, but gets knocked to the ground by a gidiga from a force. The ranger rifle-shots the cane out of the forces hand while the hunter breaks from beneath the flaming rubble with a giant axe and glowing red eyes XD the ranger jumps back as the force withdraws a powerful rod, quickly charging up a Megid while the hunter dashes towards the force, the ranger pulling out a laser cannon, aiming it towards both of them and then-!

XD well u get the idea, PvP usually just turns into a 5-second e-penis battle usually http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

jimmer411
Dec 4, 2006, 12:18 PM
On 2006-12-03 13:17, SnickersFO wrote:

Knowing ST you will be able to just download it free like so many people did with PSU. Its against ST relegion to use CD keys and timely updates!