PDA

View Full Version : That strange In-game sound...

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 08:51 PM
Does anyone hear that loud sound sometimes during gameplay? It just goes "dURrrrrrrRRtT" or something...

I keep thinking it was programed into the game to show that it has been an hour or so... But that doesnt seem right.

I keep asking my friends, "did anyone here that sound?" and everyone seems clueless as to what sound they are suppose to be hearing...

So, it's an in-game sound, but what does it MEAN?! ; ; headache*

Kent
Dec 3, 2006, 08:53 PM
You're going to have to be a little more specific than that.

What were you doing when you heard this sound? What were your party members doing (if you were in a party)? Was it just some guy using the sound macros and being a jackhole?

FenixStryk
Dec 3, 2006, 08:54 PM
We need mroe specifics. DUUURNT (lol) isn't quite enough.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 08:55 PM
Ahhh.... I'll record if I can get the chance... It's RANDOM and always bothers me.

I checked the chat macros and even the ones that can only be used during field missions... Not one of them is the same exact in-game sound I've been hearing.

Hmmm...Must...get...Recording..

DARN IT: I just missed it. Didnt get to record ; ; I think it's a sound that alerts you for being in a game for quite a while. Who knows...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-03 18:17 ]</font>

Flamingo99
Dec 3, 2006, 09:20 PM
The guy from Mortal Kombat comes up now and then and shouts "Whoopsy!" when I play this....

But seriously, I'd like to hear this noise.... and I don't think I've ever heard it while playing. Is it the sound the locked doors make when they open?

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 09:26 PM
I'm starting to get mixed sound effects in my head now.

Now I'm thinking that It's the sound Fx of when you trade cards or open up a trade menu... That's not right. It's not that sound... Or ...is it? Do you hear sounds when someone in your party trade cards? Ahhhhh.... Need a record..

Weak
Dec 3, 2006, 09:37 PM
On 2006-12-03 18:20, Flamingo99 wrote:
The guy from Mortal Kombat comes up now and then and shouts "Whoopsy!" when I play this....

But seriously, I'd like to hear this noise.... and I don't think I've ever heard it while playing. Is it the sound the locked doors make when they open?

TOASTY, NOT WHOOPSY

GRGKGLGKHHRR

Now, on topic,

There's a sound when you:
-Recieve mail
-Get a partner card offer/Trade offer
-Someone in your party does a sound command
-What else? Uh... I'm pretty sure those are the only ones besides combat sounds and BGM.

EDIT: The way you described it(durrnt lolz) It sounds like when you unlock a door.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weak on 2006-12-03 18:41 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 09:41 PM
On 2006-12-03 18:37, Weak wrote:

There's a sound when you:
-Recieve mail
-Get a partner card offer/Trade offer
-Someone in your party does a sound command
-What else? Uh... I'm pretty sure those are the only ones besides combat sounds and BGM.

I know those sounds... But it's a different sound from any of them.

I get this FX when I'm usually during a mission, and when I'm just sitting around in my room.

We'll just have to wait until I gain some recordings.

SEB
Dec 3, 2006, 09:44 PM
I think you need some sleep :q

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 3, 2006, 09:45 PM
maybe u jus farted and u played psu so much that ur ass got all numb and u didnt feel it. UURTT...

Weak
Maybe your sound card is producing some kind of weird sound.

Or maybe you're just insane.

Dj_SkyEpic
On 2006-12-03 18:44, SEB wrote:
I think you need some sleep :q

lol. It's not just today. I've been recieving this sound ever since the game was released. Meh...

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 3, 2006, 09:48 PM
lol but for real, i think you just hit shift 5x. Try it.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 10:06 PM
All that pops up is a StickKey which I dont like to use XD

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 3, 2006, 10:19 PM
yea but it makes a sound also... thought it was the one u heard guess not. Does it sound like a 8 bit beep sound from dos mode or something? Cuz i got that sometimes when i played FFXI.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 10:24 PM
No. It's an in-game sound. Sounds very close to something similar to ... &12
If you were to type that during mission. But with more of the second portion lengthened.

lol all of you probably are wondering exactly what I stated in the first post... But seriously, there's a sound. But I dont have proof atm. Maybe if you listen closely when you play, you might hear random ingame sounds at a certain time, I suppose XD

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 3, 2006, 11:25 PM
gotta be your sound card, nothing else i can think of. Partied with you all day and i never heard it.

ChocoboChad
Dec 3, 2006, 11:31 PM
Oi, I get something like that in Moatoob. In the first desert mission, there's this constant -blip-. A steady blip with an interval of like 4 seconds in between them. It sounds like picking up an item, only 3 times higher. It's very soft. I'm pretty sure its not part of the soundtrack.

I'm on PS2 if that matters.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 11:36 PM
On 2006-12-03 20:25, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
gotta be your sound card, nothing else i can think of. Partied with you all day and i never heard it.

lol but you DID saw may say..."did anyone hear that?... o.o"

Chocobo:Woot. Finally someone kinda knows what I'm talking about lol. It just appears at random times... I dont know why.

And its not my sound card. It's an In-Game sound.

ChocoboChad
Dec 3, 2006, 11:43 PM
On 2006-12-03 20:36, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

On 2006-12-03 20:25, AlphaMinotaux wrote:

lol but you DID saw may say..."did anyone hear that?... o.o"

Chocobo:Woot. Finally someone kinda knows what I'm talking about lol. It just appears at random times... I dont know why.

And its not my sound card. It's an In-Game sound.

Hahah. I don't understand how other people don't hear it. If it's an in-game sound, shouldn't everyone be hearing it? It's sort of proven it's in-game because it happens on both PS2 and PC. Do we have hearing powers or something?

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

At first, I thought it might be PP regeneration, but it's not.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 3, 2006, 11:46 PM
maybe you two have greater hearing frequencies than most people. ya know like dogs. SO thats why the rest of the people cant hear it.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 11:49 PM
On 2006-12-03 20:46, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
maybe you two have greater hearing frequencies than most people. ya know like dogs. SO thats why the rest of the people cant hear it.

:0

We probably hear it because We have our sounds ON all the time.

If you would just be able to hear what we're talking about, maybe someone can think of what it's suppose to mean or do lol.

ChocoboChad
Dec 3, 2006, 11:52 PM
On 2006-12-03 20:46, AlphaMinotaux wrote:

>_>; That's what I was thinking.

@Dj: The sound you're describing is much different than mine. Uh...

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 11:57 PM
Well... I cant really discribe it lol. Probably close to when you're in mission and type &12 but with a different...

Ah nvm... I'll get a recording when I get the chance.

Char
Dec 4, 2006, 09:01 AM
Ok well this may be what your talking about. In most electronical devices that transmit a signal such as a computer you may get interference, usually with wireless items such as cell phones. It will usually make the same sound everytime. But if it heppens often like that theres either something in your house thats catching alot of interference or sending out alot. My tv does it too sometimes =)And if it is what I think it is no harm will come of it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Char on 2006-12-04 06:03 ]</font>

Ronzeru
Dec 4, 2006, 09:11 AM
This is... kinda creepy.

RadiantLegend
Dec 4, 2006, 09:23 AM
You know what i hear it too. I keep thinking someone sent me a mail or something and it ends up been nothing. I thought i was going crazy.

Glad to see im not the only one.

Collar
Dec 4, 2006, 10:02 AM
On 2006-12-04 06:23, Ragolismine wrote:
You know what i hear it too. I keep thinking someone sent me a mail or something and it ends up been nothing. I thought i was going crazy.

Glad to see im not the only one.

"I know for a fact that there is a small audio cue that resembles the email sound effect in the music that plays in the Hot Springs lobby area on Nuedaiz. It's part of the music, and happens to be spaced just far apart enough in the score to appear random with a not-quite-exact-repeating pattern. It was driving me crazy, until I realized that when the music score repeats, the sound comes on the exact same cues. Listen, and see for yourself. You'll notice it a lot faster if you're tired and are prone to 'waking up' when you get an email.

Now, as for missions, I'm not sure. The only thing I can figure is that you're hearing the door-unlock sound, which seems like it was recylcled from PSO, much like the email one.

Further more, if you've wasted as many hours of your life away as I have on PSO, you probably hear these sounds at random in real life, heh. PSU is sure to carry on that legacy for the new, and manifest insanity in the old.

Miyoko
Dec 4, 2006, 10:17 AM
&22...
&22...

... Uh oh. They're catching on... >.> *stops*

princejake2
Dec 4, 2006, 10:51 AM
Meh I think I hear the mail sounds all day long.