PDA

View Full Version : PSU Update: Rainbow vs Green.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 3, 2006, 09:49 PM
OK, those of us who will be here Friday when the update rolls around, will you be buying the boards for the elemental weapon % advantage, or will you be going green until you can farm the mats to make the elemental ones cheaper for yourself?

I'm going to be buying a compliment of ugly green weapons simply because of this...

Double Saber 7* (60,000)
??? photon x10 (variable)
stelnium x1 (2,500 from NPC)
kerseline x6 (24,000 from NPC)
par ebon x3 (12,000 from NPC)

Completed Double Saber from NPC: 90,000
Completed Double Saber with variable elemental %: 98,500

Now, that is assuming the synth doesn't fail. I don't know what the success rate with 100 Strike is, but I hope it's high. lol

If the prices on the website listed below are what we can expect, you'd be at a loss unless you where synthing them for personal gain and not profit. I of course, will be doing both but only after I get a steady farm of materials flowing in once I upgrade to the generic green A-Class weapons. Those alone are already significantly stronger than the B-Class weapons I have, so that's good.

http://www.max-evolution.com/PSUStorePrices.htm

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 3, 2006, 09:51 PM
a lot of people dont realize how useful neutral photon weapons are. I always carry a pair of green.

Banert
Dec 3, 2006, 09:55 PM
Personally I'll craft all of my weapons, even if I want green I'll make them. I just like the idea that I made them even if they're the same as the stores in every way.

lordzanon
Dec 3, 2006, 09:57 PM
no need for green just carry 2 colors that counter eachother and youll be fighting in style. i carry dark n light. beats the purpose of carrying a ground element wep and a green wep to fight mobs that are ground resist. ill just carry a yellow one for those.

Unless mobs start resisting more than 1 element ill never go green.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lordzanon on 2006-12-03 19:02 ]</font>

Celestial
Dec 3, 2006, 09:58 PM
green FTW!

Garnet_Moon
Dec 3, 2006, 09:58 PM
Another good thing to note: Going green puts you at no disadvantage when you're exploring the new S-Rank missions. We get over 10 of them, and wouldn't it suck to be the one guy with high dark % when everybody wants to give Linear Line a shot? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

The initial green investment will allow you time to farm materials for more than one A-Class synth, as well leave you open to exploring all the new S-Rank missions without handicap.

Strider_M
Dec 3, 2006, 09:59 PM
Green First..... then if It's an area I like to farm then I'll make an element for that area.

FenixStryk
Dec 3, 2006, 09:59 PM
IMHO, go Dark. As of now, there's no Dark bosses, while Adahna is Light, and there's a lot of Light enemies, especially in Relics.
In fact, I think the only time you should carry light is when the HIVE is opened...

Merumeru
Dec 3, 2006, 10:00 PM
id love neutral weapons if they had some sort of bonus over elemental...like maybe up to 25% more extra damage than a similar grinded elemental XD o well, im gunna be buying the weakest i can of the new weapons to level my PAs and then hoping some people find and sell some boards <3

FenixStryk
Dec 3, 2006, 10:01 PM
Oh, almost forgot; I'm a Ranger. I love simplicity.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 3, 2006, 10:02 PM
I went on a lowsy streak of 12-14% elemental weapons today. I cried and it was almost free with how much I farm Agata/Parum Relics. Can't profit too much off those if ya buy the mats. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Randomness
Dec 3, 2006, 10:03 PM
On 2006-12-03 18:59, FenixStryk wrote:
IMHO, go Dark. As of now, there's no Dark bosses, while Adahna is Light, and there's a lot of Light enemies, especially in Relics.
In fact, I think the only time you should carry light is when the HIVE is opened...

Honestly, ANY two seperate elements means 1/3 of the time you have an edge, and the other 2/3 you are on even footing.

But as for light? You forget S rank LL. But then, I suspect hunters will run crying from megid world...

Realmz
Dec 3, 2006, 10:09 PM
going fortegunner, so i think i'll just buy my launcher, unless i already have all the stuff needed to make one.

no, i'll just buy one

Garnet_Moon
Dec 3, 2006, 10:11 PM
I probably have the mats to make maybe 2 or 3 weapons, but i'm gonna wait on those. Going to stuff a PM Zero down a few of my PM's throats and try for more pure versions for armor and striking.

DizzyDi
Dec 3, 2006, 10:20 PM
Exactly why I made my topic a while back in gameplay board.
People were all OOOOOOOOH ELEMENTAL IS SO MUCH BETTER.
Yeah and its also a helluva lot more expensive.
I'll be going green for a while.

kitex2
Dec 3, 2006, 10:28 PM
...how much are the new weps gonna cost!!!!60k...well im poor.....and i always carry all elements...

lordzanon
Dec 3, 2006, 10:28 PM
if your gonna carry more than 1 of the same wep it beats the purpose to go green, if you carry 1 sword for example, your best off going green, but if you carry tow and have one dark, your other should be light.

Para
Dec 3, 2006, 10:42 PM
I already have the materials in place for my double saber hahaha.

Lavernius
Dec 3, 2006, 11:02 PM
Simple, if you have the money, go for the element.

TravisVI
Dec 3, 2006, 11:04 PM
im gonnna synth my weps, it just feels more rewarding ya kno

KaiNova7
Dec 3, 2006, 11:21 PM
Probably Go green in order to lv up PA's...In the mean time build cash to buy boards for elemental % and etc.
Nuff Said.

Nani-chan
Dec 4, 2006, 12:06 AM
Won't there be wood conversion boards? Par wood is an easy material to farm.

mananas
Dec 4, 2006, 12:52 AM
How do we find out the synth ingredients? I'd like to know about the other weapons (cards in particular).

Carbinne
Dec 4, 2006, 12:55 AM
I have a bunch of element 3/4/5 stars that I made / bought with spare cash. Most are in the fairly low %s, but I do have a nice 5* Calaud that has a 38% light on it. As far as when they're out? Unless I really need them, I'll probably just wait until the market is flooded with 6 and 7 star weapon drops and take the opportunity to score a cheap one.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 4, 2006, 01:41 AM
On 2006-12-03 19:28, kitex2 wrote:
...how much are the new weps gonna cost!!!!60k...well im poor.....and i always carry all elements...

60k for the 7* board from the NPC shops
90k for the 7* completed weapon from the NPC shops

-Crokar-
Dec 4, 2006, 01:46 AM
well lucky for me i have alot of synth mats ive been saving for a long time. now they have a use...looks like some player shops prices are going to skyrocket...mine will stay the same.

Pandatron
Dec 4, 2006, 01:59 AM
Once i see what missions are out and have a stable amount of income in terms of armor i'm going to probably start synthing the resistance of the area that people most enjoy. Though if it turns out like another Moatoob sitution were people are like 'ugh too hard let'sa do de ragen' The back to the fire resist armor market for me. Though seeing how there's new spells, and weapons already i won't be touching the 8* armor market for a while ^_^;;;.

SonicTMP
Dec 4, 2006, 02:05 AM
choices choices. Granted that much money will soon become pocket change with the S rank missions.

Oh you forgot to add the Double Saber PA. What's the point in getting a new weapon if you don't have a PA for it.

KiteWolfwood
Dec 4, 2006, 04:41 AM
HAHAHAHA YOU SILLY HUNTERS. *cough* Lucky for me I just pop in my 1k Bullet and I am all set. Go Power Rangers! Er Ranger Power!

PaladinRPG
Dec 4, 2006, 04:56 AM
Going green is tempting, to be sure. With the amount of money a weapon takes...

Kanore
Dec 4, 2006, 06:58 AM
Silly Hunters and their 'get elements on weapons via sync'. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RadiantLegend
Dec 4, 2006, 11:22 AM
I have no choice now than to go all green. >_<

I will still try my luck at a syn 7* axe.

Ronzeru
Dec 4, 2006, 11:31 AM
I'm always gonna have at least one element of each thing. I'm going for having at least one of each element of my doublesabers. Then be random with all other weapons.

Jasam
Dec 4, 2006, 11:54 AM
With ANY two elements, you will be doing extra damage 1/3 of the time, green damage 1/3 of the time, and being restricted to half your weapons 1/3 of the time....

Elemental weapons generaly = the win, and if you have the money to buy only ONE set of weapons, why not get the elemental weapons sooner, rather then saving up *again*

Sychosis
Dec 4, 2006, 11:56 AM
Green. Ah the beauty of being a force.

ChrisKo
Dec 4, 2006, 12:44 PM
Making a green just because you are poor and can not afford multiple weapons or cant afford to fail synth is BOOOO. Keep your 5 or 6* stuff and just replace them one at a time. There is seriously no point in making green. It is like saying "No I dont want a free att. boost of 10-50%".

Reiichi
Dec 4, 2006, 02:28 PM
Stenlium x 1 - 1000 tops from a shop. I have like 30 or 50 or something. So much that I stop buying at 1k when I see them.

Kerseline x 6 - 24000 hahaha don't bother searching for these. NPC it is.

Par Ebon x 3 - 4200 Par ash is dirt cheap, and so is par wood. Let's say 300 each. Conversion board of 10 uses for 2k = 200 per ebony on top of ash.

So about 30k in materials per attempt. x 3 = 90k + 60k board = 150k for 3 attempts.
A striking PM 80/20 which EVERYONE probably has by now and is practically free will have uh, I dunno, about 60% chance I think for 7*? Or you can go green zzzz

I have enough materials in my PM to arm a small army http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Akaimizu
Dec 4, 2006, 02:32 PM
How come, for some strange reason, all of this reminds me of a little movie called "The Wiz".

"You got to be SEEN in GREEN! I would be caught DEAD in RED!"

The Wiz (not a direct quote) - "Ok. I'm tired of green and red. The new color is GOLD!"

Arieta
Dec 4, 2006, 02:38 PM
I can't go green because it means I would have to settle for a 7* weapon (buying it from a vendor). Because if I'm going through all the work of putting together a 8* weapon (getting the board and items and crafting it), then hell yea I'm going to pop a element on it.

I planned out how much it would cost to make 9, 8* star weapons of 3 differant types so I'm already ready to "lose" that amount of money. I figure out of those 9 I try to make 1 will come out good, 2 will come out OK, 2 will come out crappy, and 4 will fail.

Genobee
Dec 4, 2006, 02:43 PM
Not using elements is dumb. Only reason you should use a green is if your poor or lazy.

Mystil
Dec 4, 2006, 02:47 PM
Or have no hope in hell in synthing a badass weapon like a 5 star. My new 5 star spear is going to be green cause I'm sick of waiting for the % to get high and my current weapons gimp me like hell. Yea they are elements, but my potential 'damage' is shaved down due to most of them being 3-4 stars and shops always selling 5 star weapons with fucking light element.

Kyuu
Dec 4, 2006, 02:56 PM
Don't really see any point in going green. You have six slots... get one of each element, unless you're one of those unforunate people who only like to constantly grind one area. In that case, use whatever element(s) are useful in that area. Only one weapon will be gimped against any one creature, you'll have a weapon that does extra damage, and the rest will act just like a green.

This of course assumes you synth your weapons. Otherwise, you're stuck with green or whatever element the shop sells, and there's not much to think about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-12-04 11:57 ]</font>

XHunter
Dec 4, 2006, 03:50 PM
I'll buy the green version first then move on to creating my own.....i pretty much have all weapons created on my own...each with a different elemental....i think it's better to have all elements rather then just some...But green is always good in some ways...just incase your 1 elemental weapon runs out of pp i guess.

Esufer
Dec 4, 2006, 03:57 PM
Probably green for me. I've not been bothered with synthesis so far.

ChrisKo
Dec 4, 2006, 04:00 PM
I'll buy the green version first then move on to creating my own.....i pretty much have all weapons created on my own...each with a different elemental....i think it's better to have all elements rather then just some...But green is always good in some ways...just incase your 1 elemental weapon runs out of pp i guess.

WTF kind of logic is this. 7 and 8* weapons are a good solid increase in power, but if you waist money on greens first you will just delay the total upgrade process. KEEP YOUR 5* & 6* and upgrade to the same colored versions of 7 and 8* it isnt hard. Why would you go from 5 & 6* to 7 & 8* green to 7 & 8* colored... makes absolutly no sense.

Kura-X
Dec 4, 2006, 04:03 PM
considering all guns are green and elements are my photon art and not my weapon, im going green.

tomkat492
Dec 4, 2006, 05:06 PM
On 2006-12-04 01:41, KiteWolfwood wrote:
HAHAHAHA YOU SILLY HUNTERS. *cough* Lucky for me I just pop in my 1k Bullet and I am all set. Go Power Rangers! Er Ranger Power!

nuff said

Ryogen
Dec 4, 2006, 05:41 PM
Green is Good.

ChrisKo
Dec 4, 2006, 05:44 PM
Good for the poor.

SonicTMP
Dec 4, 2006, 06:39 PM
On 2006-12-04 14:06, tomkat492 wrote:

nuff said

Rangers tickle things...

KirinDave
Dec 4, 2006, 06:44 PM
I am so glad I don't have to make this decision with my Force. There is going to be a lot of differentiation between hunters as the game progresses simply because of the weapon choices and their elements. Someone with a Dark Axe or Dark Spear will be very effective in missions like Holy Ground, but won't be worth much in Linear Line missions.

It's actually very interesting the way this works out. No one can actually make a hunter into a perfectly balanced killing machine. You need to lopside your damage towards certain elements in different ways, and that's a very unusual way of doing things in this game space.

Randomness
Dec 4, 2006, 06:44 PM
On 2006-12-04 14:06, tomkat492 wrote:

nuff said

No! Use the force! Which is essentially the same net effect!

Mwabwetumba
Dec 4, 2006, 06:47 PM
Im going with a green axe this friday.
The things massive ATP should ensure that it kicks butt wherever i swing it:D
Also, I dont wanna risk all my money by trying to synth an axe. I'll go with a guaranteed one instead.

Genobee
Dec 4, 2006, 07:01 PM
On 2006-12-04 15:44, KirinDave wrote:
I am so glad I don't have to make this decision with my Force. There is going to be a lot of differentiation between hunters as the game progresses simply because of the weapon choices and their elements. Someone with a Dark Axe or Dark Spear will be very effective in missions like Holy Ground, but won't be worth much in Linear Line missions.

It's actually very interesting the way this works out. No one can actually make a hunter into a perfectly balanced killing machine. You need to lopside your damage towards certain elements in different ways, and that's a very unusual way of doing things in this game space.

Ummm anyone with common sense would make 6 weapons with every element. SO yea they are just as balanced as a force. Also you should worrie about Elements on weapons because I hope your smart enough to figure out. that a Staff with all Ice spells on it, Gets bonuses to Ice spells.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-12-04 16:03 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Dec 4, 2006, 08:47 PM
I just pooled items from all my chars onto my strike PM. Looks like i'm cleared for 10 7* weapons. Guess my only enemy will be low elemental %'s, running out of PP, and the occasional one-shot endeavor.

I wonder how badly S-Rank Svaltus is going to hurt... my Newman Hunter has 1080 HP and on A-Rank I lose about 500 HP from that round house move, the stomp move by the Galvopas, and lower sums being knocked around the room.

I never noticed that much damage before on my Beast because I had so much HP it took TWO hits like that to drop me into yellow. Haha.

Sychosis
Dec 4, 2006, 08:55 PM
On 2006-12-04 16:01, Genobee wrote:
Ummm anyone with common sense would make 6 weapons with every element. SO yea they are just as balanced as a force. Also you should worrie about Elements on weapons because I hope your smart enough to figure out. that a Staff with all Ice spells on it, Gets bonuses to Ice spells.

That's rather unusual coming from someone who thinks that Forces should be on call to heal at all times.

Green Force weapons = Resta/Reverser is linked on there somewhere.

Ravennittes
Dec 4, 2006, 08:57 PM
I, as a force, NEVER go green. That'd be like cutting off free cookies or something http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

Sychosis
Dec 4, 2006, 09:00 PM
Note to self: party with Aura for massive resta level ups.

Ravennittes
Dec 4, 2006, 09:01 PM
That doesn't mean that I don't have a resta/reverser staff and know how to use it Sychosis...

Sychosis
Dec 4, 2006, 09:02 PM
By the time you whip it out I'm already done. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ravennittes
Dec 4, 2006, 09:03 PM
Ah well, nuking's more fun anyway. Soon i'll be getting an 8% bonus muahahaha.

VelosofLight
Dec 4, 2006, 09:42 PM
Rangers and Forces come out on top for once. We have no need for your silly percentages!
-links Barada Riga to his 9* shotgun-

Schubalts
Dec 4, 2006, 10:11 PM
At least hunters take hits better than little girls!