PDA

View Full Version : How is PSU Treating You?

aquafire
Dec 4, 2006, 01:10 AM
I'm back again to check up on how people are taking PSU, whether it be not so good or fantastic. Please post some comments to let me know what YOU think about it.

-Crokar-
Dec 4, 2006, 01:12 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/thefuzzyone2/ggg.jpg?t=1165212723

Weak
Dec 4, 2006, 01:12 AM
Well, I didn't have dinner ready by the time PSU got home, and it punched me in the eye.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 4, 2006, 01:13 AM
That picture brings mixed messages....

-Crokar-
Dec 4, 2006, 01:14 AM
doesnt it though. doesnt it.

aquafire
Dec 4, 2006, 01:14 AM
I knew the second choice would remind some of McDonald's.

ChocoboChad
Dec 4, 2006, 01:15 AM
Yeah, I dunno. I'll bet it'll be better when everything is unlocked and stuff and all of us will start to settle down and have some fun. All this farming stuff isn't fun to me...

PSO was different. People focused on leveling.

PSU is focusing more on getting the next thing.

I dunno which I like more. PSO was more laid back.

But this isn't a PSO vs. PSU poll. I say "I like it, not my favorite, though."

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 4, 2006, 01:18 AM
It makes you bring food to the game, when you should be eating it at a table... Especially when you bring Mc'Donalds to your computer...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-03 22:21 ]</font>

Mwabwetumba
Dec 4, 2006, 01:20 AM
Lovin it^^

aquafire
Dec 4, 2006, 01:24 AM
I'm surprised no one has chosen the sixth choice, "Where are the freakin updates?". I quit PSU after beating the Story Mode (no online connection, thought offline would be a little more in depth).

-Crokar-
Dec 4, 2006, 01:26 AM
oh i play on te 360. but i do have popcorn at my computer....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2006-12-03 22:30 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 4, 2006, 01:26 AM
On 2006-12-03 22:24, aquafire wrote:
I'm surprised no one has chosen the sixth choice, "Where are the freakin updates?". I quit PSU after beating the Story Mode (no online connection, thought offline would be a little more in depth).

Its because everyone settled down after knowning when their updates will occur XD

aquafire
Dec 4, 2006, 01:28 AM
I see.

Lastat27
Dec 4, 2006, 01:30 AM
It's OK...just OK.

I had a completely different opinion about "24 hours" ago. This whole meseta duping crisis has really bummed me out. The lack of content was perfectly fine with me; I'm a patient man. I knew we would get content in time.

However, it has taken me 300 hours to create my character and save up 1.5 million meseta. And now, with a few clicks of a hacker's mouse, and an hours worth of his time, you now have people walking around with millions of unearned meseta. This infuriates me.

I've never liked SEGA games after the Genesis days. But I have always liked MMO's. Sadly, my already diminishing outlook for this game is getting worse.

-Crokar-
Dec 4, 2006, 01:31 AM
its a good thing this hasnt happened on the 360 even if it does...I Dont Care

aquafire
Dec 4, 2006, 01:34 AM
I bought the game right when it came out, but to my surprise, the offline is so shallow. I beat it in 3 days and never have played it again.

Pandatron
Dec 4, 2006, 01:46 AM
It's alright, the lvl grinding isn't near as difficult as a hopped and at least for the past week i only log on to farm and make sure i have enough meseta for the update. Aside from that same ol same ol.

ChrisKo
Dec 4, 2006, 03:05 AM
It wasn't very smart of ST to place PS2 and PC together. Everyone knew PC version would be screwed with heavily before the first of 07. I really feel bad for PS2 peps and legit people on PC http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

Rizen
Dec 4, 2006, 06:05 AM
P~S~U~, I'm lovin' it~
*to make McDonald's tune* XD

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 4, 2006, 06:20 AM
Well, I didn't have dinner ready by the time PSU got home, and it punched me in the eye.

What do you tell a blonde with 2 black eyes?? Nothing you didnt tell her twice already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

har har har joke joke!

DonRoyale
Dec 4, 2006, 07:36 AM
Thank God I'm not going to be back on PSU until Thursday...

I want the content already, it's no fun without it.

Nayla
Dec 4, 2006, 08:09 AM
lol I totally love it! It's amazing, it's huge, and really people, there's so much to do. And, the palette owns PSO's quick menu.

I for one DON'T find waiting for content annoying. I'll never be playing 13 hours a day or anything, so I wouldn't be any higher lv than I am now. The lack of update is not holding me back. I like the fact that there's no 100+ people running around right now. THE GAME JUST CAME OUT! Pacing urselves is good ^.^ If u want to get alot outta PSU, u will. If u wanna have ur fun spoon fed to ya, u won't.

Knownoes
Dec 4, 2006, 08:16 AM
I love the game.

Not as much as I love first person shooters, but pretty damn close.

Polenicus
Dec 4, 2006, 08:29 AM
Well, unlike PSO fortunately Sega can now do something about dupers. HOWEVER, they can't do it same-day.

To fix a problem like this requires a server patch, which would require they analyze the logs to figure out how the hackers are doing it, indentify the security holes they need to close, and any additional ones which would allow the hackers to end run around the patch. Then they need to write a patch and stress-test it to make sure it doesn't break the game on any of the multiple different configurations they support. Finally they have to take the servers offline completely, install the patch, final test it to make sure the patch is in place, doing what it's supposed to and not breaking anything in the 'live' environment, then put the servers back up.

This is not something they can rattle off in a couple of days.

Give them a bit, and they'll fix this problem. There will ALWAYS be hacks though... you just have to hope Sega can keep them to a minimum.

Tsudori
Dec 4, 2006, 08:45 AM
I was lookin forward to the game for ages and i wasn't disapointed 12 out of 10.

Ronzeru
Dec 4, 2006, 09:13 AM
The hacking is exactly why I went 360 instead of PC/PS2. But I have heard some rumors circulating the 360 as of recently...

Tarathiel
Dec 4, 2006, 10:13 AM
sega and ea are one in the same...if it takes money to fix, they'd rather kill themselves then fix it.

Candor
Dec 4, 2006, 12:43 PM
I like it so far, i really want this to be a great game, so much that i dreamt the update was out last night...this is gonna be a long week

Careful
Dec 4, 2006, 01:02 PM
They could've used the PS2 HDD.

I still have the game because i was 1 day late taking it back to EA games.

*cries more*