PDA

View Full Version : Your PM 2nd weapon and Resta

Saligun
Dec 4, 2006, 02:13 AM
I have read that all PM have a 2nd weapon and some lvl of resta in which they have a wand of some type to use it,i have a 410&420 and so far neither one has show their 2nd weapon or there resta use yet,so at what point do they start useing there other capabilities?Does your PM need to lvl up to at least a certen lvl before they start switching weapons and useing resta?Both of my PM have TECHs over 10 so they should be in good shape to use resta Sometime.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 4, 2006, 02:14 AM
It depends... You may be to be in some situation or enemies would have to surround her or something. Try different variables.

Like low heath below 200 or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-03 23:15 ]</font>

ProfessorZ
Dec 4, 2006, 02:16 AM
I've only seen my PM take out her wand once. And she had extremely low hp. I haven't been able to get her to do it again though.

Pandatron
Dec 4, 2006, 02:18 AM
To my knowledge the GH-450 Model is the only GH that has the ability to use resta since it's the tech build (unless your refing to the super class NPCs from the tutorials they can do that too). They each specialize in some way shape or form and vary depending on using 1 or 2 weapons. But back to the point the GH-450 model should have rest though im' not sure if this glitch has been fixed or not NA side wise anywayz.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 4, 2006, 02:22 AM
I've seen ALL GH model use resta. Even NPCs such as Leo use them. It seems they are not restricted to the type of weapons they have since they dont have an actual "class" per say.

Weeaboolits
Dec 4, 2006, 04:30 AM
On 2006-12-03 23:22, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
I've seen ALL GH model use resta. Even NPCs such as Leo use them. It seems they are not restricted to the type of weapons they have since they dont have an actual "class" per say.

Like Lou who's a "Hunter", but has a laser cannon... I was like WTF?! Why can't I use one as a hunter?! first yiou get normal clothes, now this?! You're askin' for it Lou!
and Maya with her crossbow despite being a "Force"...

Zarbolord
Dec 4, 2006, 04:39 AM
Lou has used a Light Staff (Yohmei I think) they use the resta when they are nearly dead, but they heal so badly and little they do it numerous consecutive times. So if ur PM is about to die or if Lou is, they'll get a Staff or wand out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Realmz
Dec 4, 2006, 06:43 AM
Lou heals like crap.

my 440 on the other hand dishes out 300+ heals

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 4, 2006, 07:59 AM
PMs heals depend on their tech level, and I believe Tech has to be at least level 1 to use it, so a pure PM that isn't tech, couldn't heal, but I may be wrong. I find my 410 healing a bit more as her B-EXP increases

THE JACKEL

Knownoes
Dec 4, 2006, 08:08 AM
You don't need any tech points on your PM for it to heal. My pure range 430 has done it twice.

Might be correct that more tech on your PM increases resta's potency though, as mine had to cast it about 6 times to heal itself up back up from yellow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knownoes on 2006-12-04 05:10 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 4, 2006, 08:17 AM
PM heals definitely depend on tech level cause mine was level 80 with level 1 tech, and I got it to level 10 tech and saw a noticeable difference

THE JACKEL

Candor
Dec 4, 2006, 12:02 PM
the stats on the PM don't affect how it fights/heals, my 420 with 0 TECH does heal, the B St might affect it i dunno

but i think it's the model of the PM that affects it the most, my 420 isn't a support PM like the 450 so she'll never heal as well as a 450

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-12-04 09:04 ]</font>

ChrisKo
Dec 4, 2006, 12:52 PM
PMs heals depend on their tech level, and I believe Tech has to be at least level 1 to use it, so a pure PM that isn't tech, couldn't heal, but I may be wrong. I find my 410 healing a bit more as her B-EXP increases

No.. Not true and no correlation.

PM heals definitely depend on tech level cause mine was level 80 with level 1 tech, and I got it to level 10 tech and saw a noticeable difference

No... Not true and you see what you want to.

MayLee
Dec 4, 2006, 12:54 PM
The AI on partner Machines and NPCs are rediculous. I DEMAND A SCHOOL FOR NPCs!

Akaimizu
Dec 4, 2006, 12:58 PM
Hee hee!!!! NPC school?

I think it could possibly turn out a disaster if the NPCs are the ones teaching the classes.

I mean, we have Sheena teaching language lessons.

Poster:

SHEENA
-- Classesing the Englished
"Language, please! Learn it!"

ChrisKo
Dec 4, 2006, 12:59 PM
The AI on partner Machines and NPCs are rediculous. I DEMAND A SCHOOL FOR NPCs!

/agree.

But if my GH410 wasnt so dumb she would be overpowered :/.

MayLee
Dec 4, 2006, 01:04 PM
Noooo, not Sheena!

Saligun
Dec 4, 2006, 02:01 PM
If you play story mode you'll find most of the NPC's are ethan Wabers teachers like karen,leo and Lou with a little help from maya shidow and the old cast teacher.

PaladinRPG
Dec 4, 2006, 03:16 PM
In my experience the only way to increase the potency of your PH's heals is to raise it's B St, or it could correlate to the fact it always levels up with you, being +10 over your character level in a mission.

ChrisKo
Dec 4, 2006, 04:06 PM
In my experience the only way to increase the potency of your PH's heals is to raise it's B St, or it could correlate to the fact it always levels up with you, being +10 over your character level in a mission.

Also false... B St currently, besides the people like you who guess at everything, is not known to corelate to anything combat related.

MXdude
Dec 4, 2006, 04:54 PM
my 420 switches between dual daggers and a claw all the time. In one run of de ragan, id say she switches around 15 times back and forth. As for the healing...she only does it when there is like a couple hits till she is dead and only about 10% of that time so i hardly ever see it. But when she does..... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif woot free heal!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MXdude on 2006-12-04 13:55 ]</font>

PaladinRPG
Dec 5, 2006, 02:02 AM
On 2006-12-04 13:06, ChrisKo wrote:

Also false... B St currently, besides the people like you who guess at everything, is not known to corelate to anything combat related.

What? That's False. B St relates at the very least to the AI's aggressiveness/activity in combat. This much is provable. The rest is partially guesses... but I can submit evidence that my GH-450's magic attacks proc burn status a lot more now. That's either from a decent B St level or simply leveling up with me statistically. Between B St 0 & 16 I gained 8 character levels.

FenixStryk
Dec 5, 2006, 02:05 AM
Every NPC in the entire game has access to Resta... but they have to be in seriously low HP levels for a long timespan to use it. It's not really worth it, IMO.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 5, 2006, 02:11 AM
My Theory.

This may be one reason as to why 450's are "broken." Blvl may have been supportive on PM's damage and resta but may have been "locked" until further noticed.

My 450 is currently lvl 32 and I have yet to see any damage changes since her earlier levels. She's currently doing 50s on fire vs fire resistance and 110s on fire vs ice resistance. That's the same damage she's been doing since lvl 11 ><

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 5, 2006, 02:11 AM
Im a fo I heal her she kills things for me, it works out well. yes any npc can use resta because they are cool like that.

AI on PM's is not so great but atleast for my 410 its fine since you the player can compensate for it, just run past a mob and make her run into it and its ok from there. I see way too many force/ranger 410 owners that just sit back and attack while she stands there and watches.... then they complane she is usless... well its there fault for making her usless! When I lead a group and bring mine along she easisly does the damage of any other member of the party and usually much more.

ChrisKo
Dec 5, 2006, 02:22 AM
What? That's False. B St relates at the very least to the AI's aggressiveness/activity in combat. This much is provable. The rest is partially guesses... but I can submit evidence that my GH-450's magic attacks proc burn status a lot more now. That's either from a decent B St level or simply leveling up with me statistically. Between B St 0 & 16 I gained 8 character levels.

Umm OK prove away please. Please take into consideration that this discussion has taken place many times in the Japanese crowd, and that a strategy guide, which was made by a professional company in conjunction with ST, directly states throughout the guide that B St currently influences NOTHING.

B St will in the future influence many things including what everyone would speculate it does. NOW on to PM Level.

Yes, PM lvl does of course determine the level spells they use, and for certain level brackets certain spells gain an increase in power and status effects. Everyone would assume this is common sense.

If there are any other questions please ask so as not to spread misconceptions throughout the community.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChrisKo on 2006-12-04 23:27 ]</font>

Lastat27
Dec 5, 2006, 02:45 AM
Chrisko is right (again lol). I have a PM 440 (Shotgun + Twin Handguns). I evolved her as a pure 100 armor PM. When I first sent her into battle she was as stupid as a truffle, did 80 damage with her shotgun, 110x2 with her twin handguns, and healed herself with Resta for 250hp (usually three times in a row unless she gets interupted.)

Now that my PM has a lvl 80 "Combat Level" she has not changed in anyway. Still has the IQ of said truffle, no damage increase, no resta increase. Sorry, but its true.

Summary:
-B St (Combat Level) currently does nothing.

-Your PM's "stike, ranged, tech, and armor" levels have NOTHING to do with anything combat related. Having 100 armor does not make your PM's armor stronger in battle. The four stats ONLY affect synthesis percents and what your PM will evolve into.

-PM's use resta when they are low on hp, but usually die before they decide they should use it. (You'll usually see them say something like "A little help here?" a few moments later they will pull out a wand and heal or take a few more hits and die.)