PDA

View Full Version : Weird glitch.. or is it?

MaxyGuy
Dec 4, 2006, 02:25 AM
My friend came over this weekend and we decided to play on two computers.. We noticed something really odd. We were both fighting the same monster however we weren't at the same place and that monster wasn't doing the same moves.

In my friend's screen the monster was in a corner going a rampage, charging left to right.

In my screen the monster was just trying to attack me normally.

And of course in both screen we could see damage appearing from both our attack and even some time, see the monster go flying for no reason.

This happened many times.. it's not that bad really.. but the fact is, the only thing calculated by your connection is player positions and damage calculation.

Anyone else seen this?

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 4, 2006, 02:27 AM
Server sync.

The game server is trying to syncronize the characters and gameplay. It's normal since I see plentiful players fighting monsters in different locations but are actually fighting the same monster.

Pandatron
Dec 4, 2006, 02:27 AM
Monster's are generated client side thus everyone will have a different location as to where the monsters are located.

Hotobu
Dec 4, 2006, 02:31 AM
It's not a glitch that's the way the PS_ games work. It's easy to keep track of player positions and damage, but beyond that the enemy AI would have to be perfectly in sync (with sync being the key word).

If you look around on any given game you'll notice at times people are shooting at midair and dodging random crap that doesn't seem to be there on your screen. This is nothing new.

MaxyGuy
Dec 4, 2006, 02:37 AM
I still think it's odd.. I've seen free online games with more syncro than this... Makes me wonder just what is SegaTeam doing with our 10 bucks a month.. Besides unlocking what is already on the disk that is. I think we deserve better servers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

hucast21
Dec 4, 2006, 02:37 AM
On 2006-12-03 23:27, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Server sync.

The game server is trying to syncronize the characters and gameplay. It's normal since I see plentiful players fighting monsters in different locations but are actually fighting the same monster.

Yeah, desynching is funny sometimes.

I love it when I'm spamming a PA as a hunter on a monster, while a ranger is turned 180 shooting backwards (in my POV) at the same one lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-12-03 23:39 ]</font>

RussInDaHill
Dec 4, 2006, 02:38 AM
My friend and I play split screen with 2 xboxes.....it happens all the time ....

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 4, 2006, 02:46 AM
sucks somtimes for me as a force, a mob will end up on the otherside of the map from me so if i want to attack I have to run there and that means leaving the group behind that I am healing.

Happened today on one of those dragon things in the relics the whole group was in a little circle gang banging it but for me it was in the corner on the other side of the room.....

Zarbolord
Dec 4, 2006, 05:49 AM
Normal and always happens http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif notice it every time. (first time I was lie, why is that hunter hitiing the wall and why is the ranger shooting in the opposite direction O_o? Well that is what it is http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif).

Rizen
Dec 4, 2006, 06:12 AM
If monsters are generated client side I'm a bit worried, but yeah. Pretty much everyone sees it monsters at a different location instead of one point. To fix this problem they should probably handle spawning of monsters server side rather than client, but I think they said that would stress the system too much. *shrugs* I hope they work out this problem.

ryeenae
Dec 4, 2006, 07:46 AM
At this point, I highly doubt that they would actually do anything to change the issue, because it was most likely an intentional design choice to make enemy AI client side. What's really bad is when monsters start warping around because my ps2 is trying to figure out where they actually are. Very annoying -_-

TangledWeb3917
Dec 4, 2006, 07:59 AM
Yeah that happens to me and my B/F when we play together online ... he'll be on one side of the map while I'm on the other and we're both fighting the same enemy ... it's weird but it's normal. It happened in PSO too, only that glich got a bit weird when only one person could see and fight enemy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TangledWeb3917 on 2006-12-04 05:00 ]</font>

Knownoes
Dec 4, 2006, 08:00 AM
So, if the monster on you're screen decides to attack another party member it won't actualy be able to do any damage to them?

That's a bit... stupid. But yeah, judging by some of the coop games I've played online I guess if the monster location was calculated server side it could cause a lot more lag for everyone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knownoes on 2006-12-04 05:02 ]</font>