PDA

View Full Version : Error 192 - Regarding Guardian Licence Purchase

drakkula
Dec 4, 2006, 07:15 AM
ok, Im online but a friend of mine has been trying to buy a GL but he keeps on getting this error(192)
He tried 2 different credit cards but both were declined.
Is there anything he could do to sort this out?
yeah, he's got money and both CCs are valid=]

192: This transaction has been flagged as having a high risk and has therefore been rejected. This type of rejection is generally caused by incomplete of incorrect information, and so the first step should be to retry your purchase ensuring that you enter completely accurate information. If the problem persists, please contact customer services.

thank u guys!=]

drakkula
Dec 4, 2006, 10:05 AM
anyone who has sorted this prob out???

Pure-chan
Dec 4, 2006, 12:07 PM
On 2006-12-04 04:15, drakkula wrote:
ok, Im online but a friend of mine has been trying to buy a GL but he keeps on getting this error(192)
He tried 2 different credit cards but both were declined.
Is there anything he could do to sort this out?
yeah, he's got money and both CCs are valid=]

192: This transaction has been flagged as having a high risk and has therefore been rejected. This type of rejection is generally caused by incomplete of incorrect information, and so the first step should be to retry your purchase ensuring that you enter completely accurate information. If the problem persists, please contact customer services.

thank u guys!=]

Has your friend moved recently?

If I had to guess, I'd say that your friend either a) entered in his CSC # wrong, or b) has info that isn't matching 100% - such as billing address/physical address, not entering in his full name, typos, etc. ...It doesn't take much to prevent a card from authenticating.

Your friend should make sure that he is entering in his csc correctly (it should outline where to look for this info from the playsega website), and that the information he's entering (First/Last name, billing address, etc.) squares up exactly with what is listed for his card.

Did your friend try each card more than once?

If so, there are a couple things to keep in mind. First, he may have exceeded whatever limit ST allows for card failures, resulting in his billing info not being acceptable. Another problem that can occur from doing multiple card swipes is that the failed attempts end up appearing as authorizations on his cards - meaning that if he's tried to purchase a guardian's license multiple times per card, the total sum of these fees from his purchase attempts will be temporarily held as pending charges, until the bank sorts everything out. (it generally takes 3-5 days to be returned to normal)

Has your friend played previous versions of Phantasy Star using these cards, and if so, has he ever disputed a charge from ST?

If your friend disputed a charge from ST, (forgetting to cancel before renewal, etc.) his card may be blacklisted. When you dispute a charge, you're telling your bank that that the charge is fraud. The bank then requests that money be returned by the company doing the billing. Typically the billing company is also hit by a fee for the chargeback. Obviously, companies frown on this sort of activity. If he did something along those lines, ST may have banned his card(s) to prevent further fraud from occuring.

Hope this helps... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif If none of these factors apply, I'd recommend contacting sega cs.