PDA

View Full Version : PM specializations...

SlothMotion
Dec 4, 2006, 02:08 PM
I did a bunch of reading on PMs and it seems much of it is still a mystery so I appologize if this has been answered before.

When your PM becomes a battle PM is specializes in a certain weapon or skill. For example, a GH 410 specilaizes in swords. BUT is that just the weapon your PM will use in battle or does that have anything to do with threngths in synthesizing actual items?

I've seem some guides but they don't do a great job of explaining the entire synthing/evolving/battle PM stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mystil
Dec 4, 2006, 02:10 PM
A GH 410 wont be using rifles if you have high range http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif cause it wont be a GH 410. It works like that. What PM you get is what it will specialize in.

Oh I understand the question now..

For example, the GH 410 will use Great swords and twin blades. But that's all it will use. Same for the others, they use I think 2 types.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-04 11:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-04 11:12 ]</font>

SlothMotion
Dec 4, 2006, 02:11 PM
so its just the weapn it uses in battle? does it have anything to do with synthesizing??

Mystil
Dec 4, 2006, 02:13 PM
Well if it's good at synthing striking weapons then it it just is. Doesn't matter if it's the weapon it will use in combat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SlothMotion
Dec 4, 2006, 02:13 PM
For example, a 410 specilizes in swords but does that mean it specializing in SYNTHING swords or that;s just the wepson is uses for battle? That's all I was asking. ":-)

SlothMotion
Dec 4, 2006, 02:23 PM
OK cool. I'm planning on making mine a 420 with 40 in Striking and 40 in Armor. It will specialize in claws but because of its stats does that mean it will be just as effective synthing striking wepaons as well as armor? I know I'm being redundant here but I'm just REALLy making sure I understand that before I feed any more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Arieta
Dec 4, 2006, 02:30 PM
Just as effective yes.. If by effective you mean it'll do both jobs poorly. Making armor has a very low % chance to be made, even if it's 100 levels in armor. By having 40 in armor you would have a horrid chance of making higher star armor (like 30-40%). You would have better luck with striking weapons (around 60-70% at 40 striking).. BUT only for B weapons. A weapons would drop that number down to what.. 30-40%?

If you want it to make stuff well, it's best to go all out on just that one thing. You have multi chars so you can have one PM just making melee weapons while your other char makes all your armor.

A mixed PM like yours would do OK on C and B rank stuff (low level stuff), but will not be any good for anything better then that (higher ranked B weapons up to S weapons).

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 4, 2006, 02:34 PM
Honestly when it comes to synthing, do whatever you want. If you're willing to put the time and effort and meseta into it, does it matter if you fail? Yes it sucks, but it's not that big of a deal, it's a game mind you. And the sooner you get all these amazing weapons, the sooner people complain that they have nothing to do and Sega needs to expand. So I say go ahead and balance your PM if that's what you want to do.

THE JACKEL

SlothMotion
Dec 4, 2006, 02:37 PM
ohhhh.. ok, that's much clearer now... well darn. I might want to just restart my PM and start over. Is that what that PM ZERO device is that I've heard about? Does it just reset your PM to all 0 stats. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Thank you so much for your help.

Mystil
Dec 4, 2006, 02:44 PM
PM ZERO = All stats 0. I don't if doing this will cause "de-evolution" though.

SlothMotion
Dec 4, 2006, 02:46 PM
Nice... is this item out yet or do we have to wait for a future patch??

PaladinRPG
Dec 4, 2006, 03:13 PM
On 2006-12-04 11:46, SlothMotion wrote:
Nice... is this item out yet or do we have to wait for a future patch??

It should be out in the expert class patch bundle this week.

Realmz
Dec 4, 2006, 03:26 PM
and yes the PM Device zero will completely reset your PM,evolutions and all, all items kept in your PM will stay the same