PDA

View Full Version : So I took a long break...

Nestahima
Dec 4, 2006, 03:54 PM
Probably about three weeks or a month, simply because I was frustrated. I was frustrated with (my) slow leveling, and the constant synth failing/grind failing (when it was at the second highest success rate). I'm thinking of turning it on again today, but I don't know...!

Knownoes
Dec 4, 2006, 03:57 PM
Update friday. Might be worth checking it out.

Not that it'll help any with slow levelling/grind failures, but yeah.

XHunter
Dec 4, 2006, 04:01 PM
lol.....yea were definatly getting an update....this week soo maybe you should turn it on for a minute and check it out...maybe things will change for the better....only time will tell..

Knowbodie
Dec 4, 2006, 04:05 PM
Try it out and see if you like it. My cousin also had bad syning luck, he stopped playing when he used 80 g's of boards (1st 3 weeks of PSU) and only got one weapon from it. Just now he's starting to play again.

Sometimes alittle time helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knowbodie on 2006-12-04 13:06 ]</font>

Ravennittes
Dec 4, 2006, 04:10 PM
Sorry, but I've gotta laught at that... The only things I've ever failed were armor. Suceeded in everything else.

Nestahima
Dec 4, 2006, 04:12 PM
Well you've been incredibly lucky. While I played I failed a good 40% of the time on everything.

Ravennittes
Dec 4, 2006, 04:14 PM
Maybe it's just the whole Female Newman thing.

AeraLure
Dec 4, 2006, 04:30 PM
What about female Newmans? >_> <_<

I also suggest giving it another go on Friday and see what you think. The update wont in any way change the things you mention. In some aspects it actually probably makes them worse (harder things to synth, more expensive things to buy, a lot more mission points needed to level advanced jobs, a lot more exp needed to level). The flip side of it is new areas that may make all of those things faster, a couple new S rank missions (not 10 right this Friday though - Clumsy clarified that the 1UP announcement was not clear and its 10 S rank missions over the month of December).

Also, try not to take synthing and grinding way too seriously. Personally, I buy things already synthed from player shops when I find good deals, synthing when I end up with the materials needed to synth some thing. I only grind to +4 or +5 usually unless I have adequate backups. Helps to make failures in these areas not so crushing.

Ogni-XR21
Dec 4, 2006, 04:42 PM
Ignore synthing at first if it bugs you. I know I did, and ever since I don't really care about it any more the game is fun again!

Don't mind other leveling faster than you, play at your own pace - it should be fun, not work!

MXdude
Dec 4, 2006, 04:46 PM
Well if you quit than your level is most likely low and you wont be able to use a lot of the stuff in the update, so..........idk flip a coin.

Pandatron
Dec 4, 2006, 05:44 PM
I dunno could be me but whenever i get discourage i typically try to catch up to where i last left off (economic wise anywayz). Like i broke a giga and teroline in the same week but i knew that if an update came out within the next month (this all happen mid november) i would be screwed.

Really depends where your standing right now, if your maxed out lvl have a good amount of income to buy the new gear, leave it off. That's what i plan to due seeing how my finals start next week and any down time now is a plus. However if you've got a bit less than you want to meseta wise and aren't nearly close to 50 that's up to you to decided.

In either case if your lacking something currently it's cruch time for most PSU player so boot it up though if you want a surprise wait till Friday.

Mystil
Dec 4, 2006, 05:55 PM
I'm taking a break myself because I've whored the game out. AKA I'm burned out. Friday I'm coming back to buy my samurai costume(don't ask XD) then take a break again.

Step away from armor making and just build on your meseta. This is easy to do - just ride de ragans nuts all day like everyone else. Seriously his wierd tail, I think that's his friggin sack. With the amount of people doing him it's no wonder why when he charges, he must drag them on the ground. After all, 500+ drag on them all day lon-

Err oh wait.

Nevermind.

Just build up your money you can go on a buying spree friday.

pso123hrf
Dec 4, 2006, 06:09 PM
I know how you feel. It gets boring doing the same missions over and over AND OVER just to get only 10k meseta in 5 hours.

I have no problems with synthing, and I'm too bored to waste 10 hours of my life to get 20k, and then waste it in 5 minutes on weapons.

If I had a lot of money, I'd stay on forever, but I won't. It's tough to buy armor, and weapons and it just gets boring doing the same skill over and over...

Some RPG's take no effort, and less things to worry about. Guild Wars for example, easy to get money, and cheap prices to buy things. it only takes 10 minutes to make 5k and armor is cheap. Takes less than a day to get to the max level, and you get a CHOICE, over 500 skills to chose, and your own builds. Here its just Diga there and Rising Crush there.

I know someone is gonna get mad at me because they play the game non-stop, and that it SEEMS like I'm making fun of the game, these are my opinions, so don't get mad at me. If you guys want to do that, thats fine, and I respect that, but whats more important: School, or a game that takes 3/4 of your life?

o.o http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AnamanaAU
Dec 4, 2006, 06:51 PM
It's not like anything you synth that's not 100% success is never going to fail. Welcome to odds and percentages.

Shit happens, instead of crying about your loss, gather materials to try again. The more you try, the higher your chances of getting what you want.

Emgro
Dec 4, 2006, 07:03 PM
Meh... armor. I don't bother with it. You can plug units into it, but 2-star works fine for that. Maybe being a force lets you get away with it more, but I've gone 13-40 on 2-star armor. As for weapons, I lost three 5-star Hajirods yesterday. Two failed synths and a grind explosion, even with decent % success and full luck.

Dukelion
Dec 4, 2006, 07:11 PM
I keep failing synths= Stop synthing
But I want weapons/armor= Buy them
But I don't have the money for buying them= Try playing some missions

Oh btw...if you do have friends online you know you can trust, it wouldn't hurt to ask for some messeta. I loan out M's all the time and I always get the favor repaid...and always more than what was owed.

AnamanaAU
Dec 4, 2006, 07:39 PM
On 2006-12-04 16:03, Emgro wrote:
Meh... armor. I don't bother with it. You can plug units into it, but 2-star works fine for that. Maybe being a force lets you get away with it more, but I've gone 13-40 on 2-star armor. As for weapons, I lost three 5-star Hajirods yesterday. Two failed synths and a grind explosion, even with decent % success and full luck.
No, you're an idiot for not keeping up to date with armor and being a force doesn't make a bit of difference. Don't be a cheapo.

Dukelion
Dec 4, 2006, 08:03 PM
Armor matters. Don't tell me that 2 star armor is just as good as 5star plus.

If this rational works out...might as well keep the weapons they give at the end of the game cause HEY they deal damage...the fights will just be longer.

Oh and I just had a tough fight. Lost a lot of health. Screw using a Trimate or Dimate...I'll just you 8 monomates because WEEEEeeeeeeeeeee

Ravennittes
Dec 4, 2006, 08:21 PM
The difference between 4* and 5* armor isn't much... really. You're better off waiting for the update and buying it cheaply then.

Dukelion
Dec 5, 2006, 05:03 PM
I still have my 4star armor only cause I don't wanna waste time farming nano's when I got to focus on other important things. Mianly grinding weapons and farming for mats for future things.

I have enough money anyway. I'll probably just buy armor.

Saito S
Dec 5, 2006, 06:28 PM
I think it's important to just play sometimes, too. Synthing and grinding is important (and weirdly fun when you're not getting failure after failure), and milking a lucrative mission over and over for the meseta/points is fine, but sometimes, just go somewhere else and play for a while. You may not get as good a reward per time spent ratio, but who cares. Get a group of friends together, and do a mission you rarely do, or have never done. Have fun.

Having said that...when it comes to grinding that one mission over and over for money and mission points, I wanted to point out to everyone how good the Valley of Carnage mission on Moatoob is. It's only 2 blocks long, and the 2nd block is very short. It's easy to S rank and take maybe half the time of the De Ragan mission to complete (quicker once you get used to the maps, and if you have a good party). On C rank, it nets 7 mission points and I think 600-700 meseta, compared to 8 points and I think close to 800 meseta for C rank De Ragan... Slightly less, but you can complete Valley SO much faster. And it's selectable from the first mission counter, unlike De Ragan, so you don't have to worry about getting to a field base to do it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dukelion
Dec 5, 2006, 06:59 PM
Heh it's funny you mention that Blue_Flame. The people I play with the most are ALWAYS farming. They enjoy my company and ask me to join the minute I sign on. So sure, I farm with them a bit but doing Relic C over and over to get some nano's, or whatever else we might be farming, gets really borring. I am always the one who has to drag em to do something different. It has always worked out though because everytime I drag em away from farming, we go to do some mission and a really rare mat or board drops...of course they get it. But I am just glad they are happy...keeps them from complaining about farming mats not dropping.

So grinding and synthing is the reverse for me. I do that when I feel like breaking the cycle. Ever since I maxed out my range pm I been grinding 5Star+ weapons.

P.S. Anyone need any? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Leave a message on my AIM.