PDA

View Full Version : Reset your PM? Your opinion & the future

AzureBlaze
Dec 4, 2006, 04:00 PM
The PM 0 device is being released friday.

Are you going to use it? If so, why?

-Mistake in lvling
-Made an ok pm but it doesn't fight how you wanted
-Want to change what it's for in general

Where is the cutoff for YOU vs the pm?
Like "If I had it over 50, I'd never 0 it out".

How do you feel about ST releasing NEW PMs in the future? You go to all this work to raise one that you like, and 4 mo. down the road here comes another you want more, and you end up 0'ing it out to try and raise the new one. To me, this seems a bit of a rip.

What do you think is a "Signifigant" amount of lvl on an area for a PM? That is, when the area starts to show benifit in synthing...like 5pts, or 10pts to an area?

POLL
Now for the poll question: I have a PM at lvl 18 or so, trying for all striking. It has ONE lvl of Range on it. Should I quit feeding it now and 0 it out friday to go for 100% strike, OR does the 1 lvl Range just not matter? Does the 1 lvl of range actually HELP it to do other things?

The whole delimma would be simpler if you could have more then 1 pm per char, or, if there was something to alter it once it was completed. Like a 'card' for a new look or skill you could buy and apply, rather then wasting all the food you'd put into it. Or you could simply continue feeding it to minus out things you didn't want and refine it, or even switch it from one style to another.

Shade-
Dec 4, 2006, 04:03 PM
AFAIK, the change from level 99 to level 100 in a catagory dosen't change the synth %. This is at least true for 5* weaopon boards. As far as A-S rank boards go, well, it cant be more than 1% difference, so no, I'm not redoing my level 99 ranged 1 striking PM, because, untill proven different, it's just as effective.

Ravennittes
Dec 4, 2006, 04:04 PM
It's truely your oppinion. I mean, yes, I can have a PM that I like as protection should enemies get too close (like 410), or I could have one that goes on it's own (like 420). It's up to your playing style really.

XHunter
Dec 4, 2006, 04:05 PM
Well i'm definatly gonna use it, just cause i messed up my PM overall....cause i kinda found out about the whole stats and graphs about evolving your pm kinda late...made a 410 instead of what i wanted which was a 420, so i'm killing mine.

Akaimizu
Dec 4, 2006, 04:09 PM
I'm definitely going with, just go with your style. I mean, some people try to play for some straight maximum effeciency of a particular thing. Still, if that means you sacrifice fun to do it, that might not be the way to go, for you.

I'm sure it wont make a huge difference, but to some people, a tiny bit is huge to them. My PM wont be *pure*, but I personally don't care enough to make it pure. I've raised two other like it and their performance and power, on the field, were always great, IMO. The exception is the fact you sort of have to *lead* them for them to do stuff. (Which I'm not complaining about. Their sheer damage factor would make them kill everything before you have a chance to, otherwise.)

For me, the real reason to reset the PM, is so you can redo it and go for a PM you really want. (Let's say you went down the wrong path, and it's too late to fix it)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-04 13:10 ]</font>

Ras
Dec 4, 2006, 04:43 PM
You're probably going to have to get a PM to 80 and then zero it out in order to get access to the new PMs whenever they get added. Like Shade said, one point won't even change the percentage to synth by a percent for some items, and at most it's 1%. Just keep levelling it and worry about resetting to zero down the road when they add new PMs.

McLaughlin
Dec 4, 2006, 05:50 PM
EDIT: Nevermind, didn't read carefully enough.

I fed my PM whatever I found just so I could get it battle ready. I was banking on the Reset device. After I reset it I'll put some thought into it.

If a PM comes out later on and I want it? Boo hoo. Reset (assuming I can adapt the synthing stats to my needs, otherwise I'll stick to what I have) and go for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-12-04 14:51 ]</font>

PALRAPPYS
Dec 4, 2006, 05:59 PM
I'm getting a PM Zero. Why? My PM has 14 striking on it. What am I trying to get? A 450! It's impossible now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Oh, and my PM is lv17 BTW.

Merumeru
Dec 4, 2006, 06:43 PM
XD i cant imagine 1 or 2 points in a different stat is something to hit yourself in the head over, but eh, pure = awesome or some elite crap like that

ChrisKo
Dec 4, 2006, 07:11 PM
AFAIK, the change from level 99 to level 100 in a catagory dosen't change the synth %. This is at least true for 5* weaopon boards. As far as A-S rank boards go, well, it cant be more than 1% difference, so no, I'm not redoing my level 99 ranged 1 striking PM, because, untill proven different, it's just as effective.

5 lvls = 1%. If it dosen't get to 5 then it dosen't go up in %.

So if you are going to go through the trouble of getting it pretty much pure do so in 5's. If you are only at 18 and plan on going to 100 with 99 in striking I personally would zero it.

Jasam
Dec 4, 2006, 07:21 PM
When the new PMs come out, that is when people will mostly use the zero device, untill then I'll go for a pure PM for item synth untill I can afford to make on on an alt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Tekershee
Dec 4, 2006, 07:53 PM
We're almost certain the 5 levels = 1% thing is completely wrong.

VelosofLight
Dec 4, 2006, 09:22 PM
I hope to get the 4x1-4x4 PMs, we don't need to zero 'em and start over... ; ;

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 4, 2006, 09:24 PM
My tech pm is pure. I'm not going to reset it until when I get about 24-25 million and reset it to an Axe pm UNLESS I will have the chance to find the right 45X series with a Megid...

Mazoku
Dec 4, 2006, 09:25 PM
If Sega doesn't fix the 450 anytime soon I very well may start mine over since she's totally useless in battle now.

In your situation I wouldn't start over.