PDA

View Full Version : Best Offline/Online S-Rank Weapon?

Al-Rappy
Nov 23, 2002, 12:06 PM
I'm having trouble deciding with weapon I should pick for when I complete challenge mode. List which weapon you think is the best from online and offline challenge mode. (The online weapons are the S-Ranks and the offline weapons are things like Crazy Tune) If you don't know which weapons you get online or offline, check the PSOW weapons database.

Right now I'm leaning towards the S-Rank Twin for online but I'm stumped for what to choose offline.

SuperSubZero
Nov 23, 2002, 03:21 PM
Unless the GC version has something else, in the DC version the de facto standard offline S-Rank weapon of choice was the Spread Needle. Unless you had a force that couldn't use it, there was little excuse not to get one.

DirewolfX
Nov 23, 2002, 05:11 PM
There's an offline challenge mode? How do you get to that? Or do you mean in multimode?

Vejita
Nov 23, 2002, 08:19 PM
he means in multimode

i would get the S-rank psychoguns online, or else the S-rank partisan
i dont know what the list of offline s-ranks are

Maelkith
Nov 23, 2002, 08:55 PM
in ver 2 i had the needle, sword and mechguns. the sword and mechguns were my online weapons. the needle made offline leveling a breeze.

so i would pick the sword or mechguns online and probably the toy hammer offline.

TeamPhalanx
Nov 23, 2002, 08:58 PM
If you can use the Needle, get the Needle.

My first s-rank was a TWIN - It sucked. You can't finish a 3-hit combo (or 6 in the twin's case) against fast enemies with it.

I used a lot of the Needle, Scythe, and Mechgun.

Vejita
Nov 23, 2002, 09:24 PM
whats better, srank psychoguns or srank mechguns?

RavenTW
Nov 23, 2002, 09:27 PM
Psychoguns are better than mechguns.

I've heard only RAs can use the Needle now, so if you have a RA, get the Needle. If a HU, get the Sword. If FO, Psychoguns, Saber, or Windmill.

Vejita
Nov 23, 2002, 09:46 PM
^
that sounds pretty easy and accurate to me

TeamPhalanx
Nov 23, 2002, 10:26 PM
Mechguns are better. Psychoguns had higher ATA, but Mechguns had higher ATP. I didn't have any trouble hitting the enemies (HUnewearl) in ultimate ruins with the Mechguns in v2.

Vejita
Nov 23, 2002, 10:42 PM
how good were the mechguns? did you have any trouble keeping all the enemies at bay?i just dont know if i should get them after i get a spread for offline
if i ever finish c mode that is

TeamPhalanx
Nov 23, 2002, 10:47 PM
It's the best one-on-one weapon you can get. The s-rank weapon I'll get will probably be the mechs... although, I am really hurting for a sword.

I wonder if RAngers will be able to use the s-rank partisan... hmm...

RedFox
Nov 24, 2002, 06:19 AM
twin always worked for me.

but the sword was my first choice http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RellikTakahashi
Nov 24, 2002, 09:29 AM
needle would be best if want to level faster.

Blenjar
Nov 24, 2002, 06:19 PM
How may star[s] are those weapons?

Symposes
Nov 24, 2002, 06:20 PM
is there an srank saber type weapon?

Al-Rappy
Nov 24, 2002, 08:45 PM
Well thanks everybody for your input! I think I'll get the S-Rank twin online and the Toy Hammer offline. If I ever get more S-Ranks they will probably be the mechguns and psycho guns.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Al-Rappy on 2002-11-24 17:46 ]</font>