PDA

View Full Version : Offline Twin Claws and Double Saber...

Flamingo99
Dec 4, 2006, 05:50 PM
I'm not sure whether I should make a Figunner or Fortefighter with my online character mainly because I'm stuck between using Twin Claws or Double Sabers. I figured I'd play offline for a while untill I could use these weapons, and get the feel of them.

So my question is, at what chapter do I get to use these weapons, and what are the prices and requirements (rough character level would be enough, I'll be using Ethan) for the cheapest model.

Thanks for any help.

Pandatron
Dec 4, 2006, 05:52 PM
If you have extra mode this shouldn't be a problem to get either of them but really it's going to coem down to perference. Personally when i flew threw story mode way back i actually liked both of them about evenly. The Twin Claws i perfered much more for combat sense they seem to have a bit (not much) more range then Double Sabers. While Double Sabers were just a great means of transporation and really nice to photon art spam on creatures with larger amount of HP. and bosses.

Once again back to perferences that's what it really breaks down to.

McLaughlin
Dec 4, 2006, 05:54 PM
S Ranking the first Story Mission with Lou (I think that's the one) gets you a Double Saber (maybe the board, I have one of each and I don't remember which one came from where >_>)

I haven't touched claws, so I couldn't tell you. I'd assume they become available after you open up Moatoob.

JAFO22000
Dec 4, 2006, 05:56 PM
On 2006-12-04 14:52, Pandatron wrote:
While Double Sabers were just a great means of transporation...

LOL!!!

albel399
Dec 4, 2006, 05:56 PM
uh fighgunner can use double sabers and twin claws, just not s rank twin claws

Flamingo99
Dec 4, 2006, 06:24 PM
On 2006-12-04 14:56, albel399 wrote:
uh fighgunner can use double sabers and twin claws, just not s rank twin claws

Yes I realized that, but I want S ranks for my main weapon. I like Spears a lot too.... so its probably going to be Fortefighter for me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kent
Dec 4, 2006, 06:51 PM
From what I've been able to experience in offline mode... Twin Claws are pretty horrible. The normal combo starts off slow, and is awkward to use, and the PA you can buy for it, just plain sucks.

Single Claw, however, is just plain awesome.

Jaysky
Dec 4, 2006, 07:26 PM
You have no idea how this feels... That's basiclly the problem i'm going through, my friend keeps saying that Twin Claws arn't so good yet from teh beginning I loved them and they're photon arts looks fantastic however yes Double Sabers are pretty good to, and I was also thinking to be a Fighgunner but once I found out that there was no S Rank Twin Claws I kinda considered a switch, heh. And as Pendatron said it's all about your perference.

Relam
Dec 4, 2006, 07:46 PM
If you're playing through storymode, the doublesaber becomes available at Chapter 9.