PDA

View Full Version : Ep.3 should be a mini-game add on for PSU

Dy3
Dec 4, 2006, 08:35 PM
I have thought this for a long time and I really love PSO Ep3. IMO it is one of the best card games out there, even compared to magic and pokemon. I've played both and Ep3 wastes them by a long shot.

I was hoping to much that they'd take Ep3's system and add it on to PSU - like a side game to play cards and possibly make it so you can get special items or exchange your cards for Meseta in the PSU main game. I think that'd be a real great idea and give PSU the extra spice it needs.

AnamanaAU
Dec 4, 2006, 08:38 PM
Not gonna happen. EP3 was a massive financial failure and no one wants to remember it.

Overtaken
Dec 4, 2006, 08:47 PM
Hahahahaha.. hahaha.. ha.. oh. There is no way they will add that in, sorry.

Silve
Dec 4, 2006, 08:53 PM
Episode 3's dice system was so HUGEFLAW. It took all the skill out of fights.

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 5, 2006, 12:12 AM
Naw, something like this would be better. http://youtube.com/watch?v=_G41cNuP9po

SonicTMP
Dec 5, 2006, 12:18 AM
You've activated my trap card!... oh wait....

Fleece
Dec 5, 2006, 01:17 AM
....Ep 3 Sucked To be Honest, me n my friend played it.....then turned it off. I still have copy because it has Phantasy star printed on the discs....

FenixStryk
Dec 5, 2006, 01:44 AM
On 2006-12-04 21:18, SonicTMP wrote:
You've activated my trap card!... oh wait....Not so fast, Kaiba! xD
I'd rather they just added the du-du, du-du, du-du-du-du-DUAL! option. Err, I mean PvP.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 5, 2006, 01:48 AM
I have the perfect combo... all I need is a dice roll of 2...

WHAT DOUBLE 1s?! YOU STUPID GAME!

SonicTMP
Dec 5, 2006, 01:52 AM
On 2006-12-04 22:44, FenixStryk wrote:

On 2006-12-04 21:18, SonicTMP wrote:
You've activated my trap card!... oh wait....Not so fast, Kaiba! xD
I'd rather they just added the du-du, du-du, du-du-du-du-DUAL! option. Err, I mean PvP.

Why does everyone want pvp in mmorpg games... isn't there enough competetive games out there that are perfectly balanced the point of beating the shot out of another living person, humilating them acorss the server and then acting lieka general jackass cause you think you ruined their live by beating them at a game?

And my blue-eyes red-de regan attacks.. yeah thats it.

EJ
Dec 5, 2006, 01:54 AM
On 2006-12-04 21:12, Jonathan_F wrote:
Naw, something like this would be better. http://youtube.com/watch?v=_G41cNuP9po

heh...that would be a nice change of pace.

Pandatron
Dec 5, 2006, 01:58 AM
Playing Cards while i could be lvling... haha good one.

Though on the note of EP3 i actually did enjoy this game for a short bit, the thing is though a card game is never meant to be played with a grind based engine it would slowly drive one insane in the process x.x.

FenixStryk
Dec 5, 2006, 02:04 AM
On 2006-12-04 22:52, SonicTMP wrote:
My blue-eyes red-de regan attacks.. yeah thats it.Lol.
But seriously, PvP in PSU has potential. I mean, it's more balanced than PvP in PSO, so why not?

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 5, 2006, 02:07 AM
I am a huge huge pso fan, and I never touched Ep3 I dont consider it a part of the series :/

my fav little dice/card game ever was the dice game in suikoden that you can play once you recurite the thief guy. I got all my $$$ from that game and bought the best stuff in the game.

best mini games in a game ever is FF7's and also Shen Mu has that arcade that was fun.

SonicTMP
Dec 5, 2006, 02:53 AM
On 2006-12-04 23:04, FenixStryk wrote:

But seriously, PvP in PSU has potential. I mean, it's more balanced than PvP in PSO, so why not?

I could go into my rant about why i hate pvp in mmorpgs but it's not worth it. However my first impression of pvp for psu is not a good one.

PSO's hit detection was god aweful. And having played psu this long. I'm fairly convinced it will be just as bad. Mobs get out of sync pretty easily. I can be in the upper right hitting a mob while the rest of the group is in the lower right hitting the same mob.

Mobs also warp with their new crazy rubber band code. Again that goes into the sync problem. And lastly the range is very wacky. You can see a mob start it's wind up motion, run out of range and still get pegged. The manual dodge isn't perfect.

Now the main problem. PSU balanced? It's balanced off the weapons and thats the problem. You might say thats not right. It is. Let me explain. Weapons are dvided between classes for a reason. Due to the class stats.

Fortefighters hit hard, but have low ata. Figunners hit not as hard but have high ata. You'll notice the figunner has the quicker weaposn like doublesaber, twin saber/daggers. This allows them to get most/all their weapon hits in, making flinching a target eaiser. Give those weapons to a fortefighter and now they can flinc easer + have massive atp for insane damage on 6 hits instead of 3.

See how that adds up to unbalanced? I also want to point out the problems between the classes in the basic sence. A force can cast megid, no dark armor? You be dead. A hunter has auto aim meaning they will track you easily + hunters don't even have to be facing you. Get an aoe PA like starting sword/twin dagger. BAM i can look away form you and still hit you.

And another thing with the melee PA. Knockup/down/back will be king. Since you can hit mobs when they are knocked down it means that it should workf or players too. So get a rising stike on someone, run up repeat, repeat repeat... Ya if your on your back you cant fight back.

If they could amange to balance that(and problems others can point out that I haven't thought of) out for players for a pvp, it be amazing. But right now the system is setup for pure pve and even then we still have some odd glitches here and there.

Remedy
Dec 5, 2006, 04:11 AM
On 2006-12-04 21:12, Jonathan_F wrote:

That video needed only one thing to be perfect:

Psycho Wand-wielding, Megid-spamming Foneys. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Genobee
Dec 5, 2006, 04:18 AM
On 2006-12-04 23:04, FenixStryk wrote:

It's not blanaced by any means what so ever, it's even more off balanced then PSO.

firt one who gets off a PA would win, Ranges would just freeze you all day, Forces Spells are over powered. Nanos and Suv's would one shot everyone in the room. The only way it would be blanced is if everyone was a hunter and all they can use is normal attack. Yea trust me unless the re code the entire game, we will never see PVP.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 5, 2006, 04:19 AM
speaking of old school fights, anybody happen to have the link for the best video ever, it has all the old consoles taking place of final fantasy 6 (FF3 in US) characters and fighting kefta at the end using all there console skills?

Freakin long movie has the whole ending, I love that game its a classic so even the "console" version of it brings back memories with the music and stuff.

Remedy
Dec 5, 2006, 04:20 AM
Oh god, I know that video, but I haven't seen it in like... FOREVER.

Now I want to see it again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 5, 2006, 04:22 AM
Yeah its somthing if I can ever find again I have to download and save to a disk, its too good to not have but alas I couldnt find it after searching for days on google.

maybe youtube or googlevideo will have a dumbed down version, but I would like the original streamed version I think it was flash.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-12-05 01:23 ]</font>

Franz
Dec 5, 2006, 04:49 AM
I never played ep3 .. from what I saw you choose either the good team or the misfit team and trust in the heart of the cards , very yu-gu oh ~ish indeed.

But a tradeing card minegame would be so leet, i rember when i first got FFXI and heard it had Tetra master in it , i thought it'd be the best MMO ever. Til i found it was seperate PlayOnline game you payed a extra 1$ for ...

Although i prolly would'nt play it if there was a TCG minigame in PSU , would just want to collect all the rare cards when i'am bored. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 5, 2006, 05:17 AM
Honestly i got farther in story in PSU than i did in Ep3, and im on chapter 2... The gameplay is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO slow... honestly, ep3 is the only PSO game i havent liked...

DikkyRay
Dec 5, 2006, 06:32 AM
ep3 was freaking amazing. You all just sucked at it enough to not understand it.
Compared to ep1&2 ep3 blew it away

but i agree with some, i dont really want to see an ep3 in PSU, not yet at least.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2006-12-05 03:33 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Dec 5, 2006, 10:19 AM
Episode 3 was definitely fun for me. Though if you can't get into Collectible Card Games, it wont do anything for you. I think what was amazing for me was that it was the first time anybody went and crafted two entirely different card game systems and had them compete together. The fact that it worked as well as it did was amazing to me. You played the Dark side if you wanted to play it out like the traditional Card Game. (Summoning monsters, etc.) And then the Hero side was unusual. Sort of a single hero dungeon crawler but with cards involved.

Taris
Dec 5, 2006, 03:23 PM
My PSO Episode 3 experience in a nutshell, from pre-release to quitting:

Pre-release:
Me- "You know, the idea of a little trading-card based game based off of PSO is a neat idea. I'm looking foward to it on Game Boy Advance."

Shopkeep- "Game Boy? No, they're doing it on the GameCube. And it's now 'PSO Episode 3.' And it's going to be a whole seperate game from Episode 1 and 2, so you'll have to pop in that game's disc whenever you want to play it."

Me- *Head explodes*

1 week after release:
Me- "This is actually kind of nice. A bit on the slow-paced side, tho, and I wish people wouldn't sit there and put the time they make their moves on "maximum" then sit there and take 5 minutes to make a simple move..."

Other Player- "The game's been hacked. Oh, and the top ranked people have gotten there by playing against themselves with 2 GameCubes and private games."

Other Player, one more week later- "There's FSOD now."

Me- *Head explodes*

3 weeks after release:
Me- "Oooookay...so, now, like every game's a private game..."

Other Player- "Good news, they're going to put an end to unbalanced decks by removing cards from the game entirely. But there's no word on what they're going to do about that FSOD thing...."

Me- *Hits hand with claw hammer to distract from headaches, never plays again*

Yeah, don't think I want to see them try another PS-based card game anytime soon. My p-sy-chiatrist says it would cause a "relapse", whatever that means.

AC9breaker
Dec 5, 2006, 03:28 PM
Man, I would love to see Ep3 on PSU. The only reason I stopped playing it was because there was no one left to play with online and the few that where online where lame ass hackers. Then when I went to play on JP ships, they would quit the tourney when they saw I was an E player. =(

I loved Ep3, my favorite music in the series.

pionear
Dec 5, 2006, 04:42 PM
I wouldn't mind PvP in this game in the future, as well...

Shadow_Wing
Dec 5, 2006, 04:44 PM
lol the top ranked people were pretty terrible >>, I almost beat the #5-10 guys when I was still ranked 1000+ XD, stupid dice >>;;

It was a pretty decent card game, cept for that dice (my one and only downfall D: ) and gay card decks... like fix decks... and megid decks... and spam 1* monster decks... and and and... yea...

KiteWolfwood
Dec 5, 2006, 05:59 PM
PSU triple triad would own.

Vorpal
Dec 5, 2006, 07:55 PM
I loved Episode 3, but it got ruined by FSOD and the likes =/.

I would like to see something like that...

Wheatpenny
Dec 5, 2006, 08:00 PM
*Goes online with Episode 3* ALL RIGHT AN S RANK *Opens pack and ALL the cards are Barbarous Wolves, takes Gamecube and tosses off a bridge*

DikkyRay
Dec 5, 2006, 08:19 PM
On 2006-12-05 13:44, Shadow_Wing wrote:
lol the top ranked people were pretty terrible >>, I almost beat the #5-10 guys when I was still ranked 1000+ XD, stupid dice >>;;

who were you playing?
Cuz the top ranked nowadays (R) is practically unbeatable unless you hack or he gets a 1-1 everytime.

Oh, i changed my mind, i rally really want ep3 now that i know im not the only person who would be on it (save floie, vr raiden, red, and asher)

KG
Dec 5, 2006, 09:26 PM
well i actually beat episode 3 lol its more fun with codes but the game is extremly hard if u dont have patience towards the end u fight some crazy lookin girl with something growin out her stomach and a sword attached to her arm the game wasnt all that bad but like i said try it wit pro action replay it makes it wayy more fun