PDA

View Full Version : Dual claws or perhaps just uno...

Aaron777
Dec 4, 2006, 08:43 PM
In the other threads I've heard some talk about the single claws PA being far better than the double claws. I'd like some feedback on what you think is a better buy overall. Thanks for the input.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 4, 2006, 08:50 PM
I'll be doing Figunner with Twin Claws, Double Saber, Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, Dualies, single Claws, etc.

Judging by offline mode because I don't know what PA the Twin Claws get, i'll probably have the Twin Claws as my main weapon because of the sexy way you attack with them.

For the "Twin" category, it's the unanimous opinion that the Single one is superior because it does the same thing and allows a ranged weapon. Twin doesn't bring anything new to the table that single doesn't, except looking classy when you're weilding two weapons gracefully.

Personally I love the "Twin" series.

XHunter
Dec 4, 2006, 09:14 PM
i heard that the single claw does some pretty nasty damage, don't know to much from it but watching someones 420 PM pull out the single claw and bust out some moves, ...was pretty convincing to me.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 4, 2006, 09:17 PM
heres the vids containing the PA's for all the weapons. Check em out for yourself.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JQMoAawHwmU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SWMrj_MG1gI&mode=related&search=

Weakness
Dec 4, 2006, 09:25 PM
o.o That second dual dagger PA is freakin sweet.

SnickersFO
Dec 4, 2006, 10:10 PM
In my opinion, I think that single handed sword/claws/other single handed things are better than dula.s

Weakness
Dec 4, 2006, 10:12 PM
Hmm I don't know... they both have their ups ands downs.

I prefer Dual Daggers to be honest... I used them in PSO for so long on my HUcaseal I just automatically used them in PSU on any female character. Besides, the PA for dual daggers is just sick.

VanHalen
Dec 4, 2006, 10:28 PM
if you miss out on dual claws you wont get the cool hadouken attack PA at lvl 30 on one of the PAs i forgot which one sorry

Auronp
Dec 4, 2006, 10:29 PM
Dual Claws ftw! Also the second PA for the knuckles kick ass too

VanHalen
Dec 4, 2006, 10:36 PM
that third double saber PA did also i might add doublesaber to my list of main weapons again THE FLAMES WERE SO DAMN COOL

Aaron777
Dec 4, 2006, 11:18 PM
thanks again...

Alisha
Dec 5, 2006, 05:14 AM
i disagree that singles are always superior. theres to many factors to consider that can determine wich you think is best in a given situation. besides its not like you need a handgun/crossbow/mechgun out 24/7. also in my opinion twin claws are probally the most powerful dual weapons in terms of raw atp but lack the functionality of twin sabers and double sabers. lately i have been hearing that the regular dual claw combo for females hits more times than for males. i'm not making a male character to find out though.

Kismet
Dec 5, 2006, 06:21 AM
Single claws and twin claws are ALMOST the same. The only real difference is that twin claws just look classier and sexier.

But really, single claws are quite strong in comparison to their dual counterpart. When I ask some people who have played/are playing in JP version, they say that single claws deal much more damage - their PAs just aren't as hot. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kismet on 2006-12-05 03:57 ]</font>

NinjaSalad
Dec 5, 2006, 06:37 AM
Twin claws are slow as shit on regular attacking, and not all that useful unless you get that one awesome PA for them

Single claws on the other hand, kick ALL KINDS OF ASS.

VanHalen
Dec 5, 2006, 07:05 AM
i disagree ninjasalad twin claws are not as slow as people say they are and the 1st PA is pretty good lvl 11 and on

also they may have the most ATP of dual weapons sorry i dont really check

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-12-05 04:06 ]</font>

NinjaSalad
Dec 5, 2006, 07:09 AM
Yeah, but Single Claw stilll totally kicks it's ass, especially once you get that second raining-down-hell-from-the-sky PA. Twin claws just felt really clunky on my Beast guy.

VanHalen
Dec 5, 2006, 07:14 AM
ooo i love that single claw PA i want it so badly

Alisha
Dec 5, 2006, 07:19 AM
that raining down pa is horrible. it looks cool but it does crap damage.

Kent
Dec 5, 2006, 07:49 AM
Unfortunately, Twin Claws (which I was hoping would be really good), seem to be more or less completely worthless, from what I've used of them in the offline modes. The combo has slow startup (1-1-3 is pretty awkward), and the basic, store-bought PA barely does more damage than the normal attacks, only because it starts up faster.

Single Claw, however, just tops out all other one-handed melee weapons. More powerful, and a bit faster than a Saber, three hits, and the basic, store-bought PA is just obscenely powerful - even moreso when it reaches level 11+.

If this difference in power is at all comparable to online modes, then Twin Claws are going to be pretty bad there, as well, unless some seriously awesome PA comes along.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 5, 2006, 08:29 AM
Twin weapons are now pretty much my favorite weapons and now, I feel as though I always need something that can hit at least 4 times in a combo, otherwise, I just don't feel right. Twin Claws are no exception, they definately aren't as slow as Swords, and most likely faster than Axes too(I haven't tried them though).

Alisha
Dec 5, 2006, 08:36 AM
On 2006-12-05 04:49, Kent wrote:
Unfortunately, Twin Claws (which I was hoping would be really good), seem to be more or less completely worthless, from what I've used of them in the offline modes. The combo has slow startup (1-1-3 is pretty awkward), and the basic, store-bought PA barely does more damage than the normal attacks, only because it starts up faster.

Single Claw, however, just tops out all other one-handed melee weapons. More powerful, and a bit faster than a Saber, three hits, and the basic, store-bought PA is just obscenely powerful - even moreso when it reaches level 11+.

If this difference in power is at all comparable to online modes, then Twin Claws are going to be pretty bad there, as well, unless some seriously awesome PA comes along.

thanks you just confirmed for me that the female claw combo is more hits than the male one(im positive the female one is 6 hits). i'm guessing the female dual claw combo unfolds fast too since the first hit is dramatically different. as for dual claw pa's the one you get from lucaim is good because the second part has a powerful knockup effect.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 5, 2006, 10:50 AM
so how many hits does a female have on dual claws? I don't have any female hunters, all of my hunters are dudes and my only female is a ranger. so u sure that females get 6 hits in a combo? thats really sexist that females have it good w/ claws.

Arieta
Dec 5, 2006, 10:56 AM
Yes I was testing it out on Extra mode. Males get a 1/1/3 combo. Not that fast since it's only one hit for the first two combos, the last hit comes off fast though. For females it's 1/2/3 combo. Which also goes off faster.

They have a slightly differant attack animation as well. At least for the females 2nd combo attack, the ending combo hit looked the same but it could be slightly differant.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arieta on 2006-12-05 08:17 ]</font>

Arieta
Dec 5, 2006, 11:20 AM
On 2006-12-05 07:50, Shiroryuu wrote:
thats really sexist....

Of course it is, it's a japanese game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif How is just that one thing sexist but females having worse HP/ATP/ATA (HU skills) but having better FO type skills not sexist either? =Þ It kinda reminds of me FF:T Where males made the better melee chars and females were the better mages.

Schubalts
Dec 5, 2006, 11:33 AM
Females made better everythings in FFT, due to perfumes and the ALLMIGHTY NATURAL 20--I mean the Ribbon...