PDA

View Full Version : Should I or Not?

Wash
Dec 4, 2006, 09:27 PM
I have about 17,000 meseta and have one question: should I spend the 10,000 make a shop now or wait a bit? I have a bunch of weapons that are either older weapons or stuff I cannot even use. I have also heard it a great investment, paying for itself in no time. So with that in mind; should I buy a shop now, wait a little while, or (for all of you negative nancies) never get one?

Zaft
Dec 4, 2006, 09:29 PM
In my opinion, get a shop. Even if it doesn't pay itself off instantly, it is always nice to have, especially if you are a crafter or get lucky alot, and it adds a nice little extra to your house.

VelosofLight
Dec 4, 2006, 09:29 PM
Making a shop is 15000.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 4, 2006, 09:30 PM
GET A SHOP

It will pay for itself if you sell things on the same day. Trust me.

-Crokar-
Dec 4, 2006, 09:31 PM
make a shop people buy alot of things. makes good prophit

Pandatron
Dec 4, 2006, 09:31 PM
If you pick up drops from a run that you don't need.

Then a shop will pay for itself in due time (some faster than others).

Wash
Dec 4, 2006, 09:32 PM
It is 15,000? Crap... That's the reason I didn't want to get it, it is going to blow all of my money away immediately.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 4, 2006, 09:36 PM
I sold like over 18k on the first day of my shop. o.o Just put some low costing items up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Randomness
Dec 4, 2006, 09:38 PM
On 2006-12-04 18:36, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
I sold like over 18k on the first day of my shop. o.o Just put some low costing items up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mats? Really profiting from a shop takes one of the following:

Raising PM for synth
Farming mats
Buy really low and sell higher

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 4, 2006, 09:39 PM
Various things from mats to consumables.
Just check your prices and try to match them up with the NPC prices. People love low prices :3
http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Synthesis_Ingredients

Wash
Dec 4, 2006, 09:43 PM
Well that's the thing though... I'm only a level 8, so getting money isn't super easy (i.e. I can't do a couple A rank missions and get stuff people actually want to buy). I do have a lot of weapons, but most are 2-3 star stuff (I already have a couple 4 star weapons, so I don't have to worry about that).

Merumeru
Dec 4, 2006, 09:52 PM
XD at level 8, you should save that meseta for a bit, its profitable but once you can get some higher-level materials and shit X3

Maskim
Dec 4, 2006, 09:53 PM
The money's replaceable, and the shops a good investment. Mine paid itself off before I even finished stocking it the first time. ...nanocarbons!

SnickersFO
Dec 4, 2006, 10:08 PM
If you are a force, than do not buy a shop YET! If you are a force, wait until friday, spend all your money on the new spells, and once you get all of them, then save up for a shop.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
That is what I am doing.

Wash
Dec 4, 2006, 10:13 PM
On 2006-12-04 18:52, Merumeru wrote:
XD at level 8, you should save that meseta for a bit, its profitable but once you can get some higher-level materials and shit X3

That was exactly what I was thinking.

Aegias
Dec 4, 2006, 11:35 PM
I go back and buy alot of low level materials to level up my mag. If you got stuff like a ton of par wood and other materials just make sure you put them 50% npc price or 65%ish. You can make that money back in no time if you price stuff right and have a decent bank of stuff, i know its nothing extensive at lvl 8 but dont fool yourself theres still a market for EVERYTHING.
If your not ready for a shop take your time, but keep at it sir youll be good to go soon enough. Also dont forget about the conversion boards , read up on them make them low level mats into something valuable!

Wash
Dec 4, 2006, 11:46 PM
On 2006-12-04 19:08, SnickersFO wrote:
If you are a force, than do not buy a shop YET! If you are a force, wait until friday, spend all your money on the new spells, and once you get all of them, then save up for a shop.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
That is what I am doing.

I'm a Beast Hunter, through and through (good thinking, but yeah, no worries there).

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 4, 2006, 11:57 PM
Get it ASAP, before the items you could have sold devalue.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 5, 2006, 12:16 AM
I think 30k came out of my shop first day and I just sold off all my mats for 50% of npc price. I got it as soon as I hit 15k.

The money paid for my new equipment and I have used my shop since, I had not invested in money sinks like my PM yet tho thats when you really need it. And all the stuff I sold was stuff I needed later in life :/ but thats how it works.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 5, 2006, 12:28 AM
my shops been open for a good month and i havent made that 15k back yet :/ i guess it doesnt help i dont care much for it, really just wanted it for the extra room extension. i've had the same weapons in mine about a good 2 weeks.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 5, 2006, 12:30 AM
id say from then to now my shop has pulled in 500-700k to or so. I just have spent most of it and never have more than 100k at a time

Sexy_Raine
Dec 5, 2006, 12:38 AM
Shops are definitely worth it, but it's up to you to put the effort to update it. and put out items that are at a reasonable price.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-12-04 22:11 ]</font>

Sychosis
Dec 5, 2006, 12:42 AM
Get it nao!

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 5, 2006, 12:46 AM
true true, i find myself even on days I dont play the gaming having to log in 2 or 3x a day to buy mats and restock my shop my weapons sell out daily and I cant keep up. I know for every weapon not there its money I lost...

but its so hard as mats are overpriced or not avlible alot of times.

Aaron777
Dec 5, 2006, 12:59 AM
In the beginning I wasn't going to get a shop because I figured "well jeez they can't be that profitable..." wow I really didn't know what I was talknig about... get your shop now and you'll make your money back in the first day!

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 5, 2006, 01:04 AM
well thats if they do price research.

alot of new people sell everything very cheap to make back there money and thats great. but others have no idea what somthing is worth and put stuff up like wood for 500 meseta, marseline for 2000 meseta... and you wonder why you dont make your 15k back...

everybody should go to the trade section and look at the sticky for the PS2/PC shop keepers guild, on the 2nd post is links to the 2 best price charts I know of, one is a list of individual items and the other is a general chart like weapons and boards. using those charts you can sell your stuff accordingly.

I also just came up with 2 ways to make free money, one 200 meseta per sale, and the other like 175 meseta per sale and the stuff will sell like crazy. Could make alot of $$$ if you wanted to be a devoted shop keeper and use the method I thought of but it would require sombody to restock constantly so its up to the person if they want to be more of a merchant or more of a farmer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-12-04 22:07 ]</font>

Wash
Dec 5, 2006, 06:30 AM
What mats sell the best would you say?

Tsudori
Dec 5, 2006, 06:36 AM
Shop definitely! While the debate is up any1 think i shud spend my 17 000 to get a shop and THEN save up for nanobeast or should i juts b patient?

Blenjar
Dec 5, 2006, 09:08 AM
I bought shop for 15, I made 60k that day.
'nuff said.

Edit; Get it before price goes down!!
I used to sell Marshline for 1200 but now its so cheap...wtf..buy it u nub or r u busting our ballz or wat?

-- Blen

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2006-12-05 06:11 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Dec 5, 2006, 09:09 AM
On 2006-12-05 03:30, Wash wrote:
What mats sell the best would you say?

Nanocarbons

Ronzeru
Dec 5, 2006, 09:10 AM
Hurry up and get a shop god damn it.

Wash
Dec 5, 2006, 03:29 PM
Hahaha, alright, the next time I get on I'll open shop.

Doh42
Dec 5, 2006, 03:37 PM
I waited 2 weeks after hitting level 50 to open my shop. I mainly use it to sell surplus; whenever an item I have gets above 198 (99 in storage, 99 in common box), I will put up on my shop for a cheap price.

I made 51k from it so far (36k profit), but really, I consider the fact it's "added storage" the best feature about it, since making 36k is roughly 5 hours playtime, and it took me about a week to get that in sales.

KirinDave
Dec 5, 2006, 03:51 PM
A shop's roi is proportional to how much effort you put into it.

But what it's most useful for is selling the synth items for recipies popular with other classes. There is always a demand for Im and El photons on the cheap, different catalysts and ores, and boards. You can convert that to much more money than vendoring it would make.

It also makes farming profitable. Go do simple runs and collect ores and catalysts, use the proceeds of those runs to upgrade the drops, then sell them. Some people make money by farming Relics for carbons and converting that into armor. Their cost is only time (and they're getting money and xp in addition to the drops, so it's not wasted) and they can afford to price very competitively.

ChrisKo
Dec 5, 2006, 04:02 PM
QUIT PLAYING IN FORUMS AND LEVEL!

Bast
Dec 5, 2006, 04:13 PM
No time like the present. Get it now.

Wheatpenny
Dec 5, 2006, 04:40 PM
Get a shop. Mine has already paid for itself 17 times over.And you can get rid of the junk you don't ever use.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 5, 2006, 04:55 PM
Get a shop... NOW!

A shop's worth is definitely proportional to the effort you put in it, I mainly sell ranger weapons for the last 3 weeks and I know for a fact I've gained at least 1mil+ from it.

Sell excess materials, I know one day I just had too much crap I didn't use for synthesis so I sold it all for a reasonable price, instant 120k.

Simple, common items like par ash (man I burn though all this shit too fast lol) sell for 400-500 and it's pretty profitable and easily farmed.

Dukelion
Dec 5, 2006, 07:13 PM
I guess I will join in too...

GET TO DA SHOPPAA!!! DO IT!!!! DO IT NOW!!!

GET ITTTTTTTTTT!!!! GET IT YOU STUPID MOTHA !@#$%&!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

there...now I look like a psow forum veteran.

KiteWolfwood
Dec 5, 2006, 07:25 PM
Dont worry. I was scared of blowing 15k that I worked hard to get at such an earlier level. But in no time 15k will just be pocket change. With a shop to sell your unneeded items plus once you are able to do B an A ranked mission cash will just flow in.

Wash
Dec 6, 2006, 05:10 PM
Well, my shop is now up! I am actually in the process of adding stuff as I type (researching prices, NPC vs. Player Shop statistics, other whatnot). My name is Ando (to search by name). Please critique my prices. I believe most of my items are below 65% of NPC prices, which seems to be the minimum.

So give me some of your thoughts, buy stuff, and help a level 8 out!