PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one?

Hustler_One
Dec 4, 2006, 09:55 PM
Am I the only person who even thinks twice about grinding? I look at some of these topics (and some players ingame) where people go on about grinding all these rare and expensive weapons really high... Now anser me this, am I, or am I not, the only person who refuses to grind anything past 1 because I dont want my hard earned weapon blowing up on me?

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 4, 2006, 09:57 PM
I'll be like that when I find things that are not sold in stores and etc.

Actually I was like that when I found tomoirods. Heh... Dont have those anymore... >.>

Flamingo99
Dec 4, 2006, 09:58 PM
I feel the same way. I never even think about it any more, it seems like a waste of money right now to grind low ranked weapons to just buy new ones and upgrade those. Plus the risk of it breaking never appeals to me. I'm just waiting untill I get more than one of my main weapon will a decent rank before I start grinding.

Pandatron
Dec 4, 2006, 09:59 PM
What's grinding?

Depends on the class and the person really. I'm a stingey force that eventuall and update will come out with more powerful staves i dont' see the point of grinding currently but once they start releasing a stream of missions and lvl updates and no new weapons ya then i'll consider grinding but till then big no no for me.

Weakness
Dec 4, 2006, 10:00 PM
As far as hunters and forces go grinding is pretty worthless. A whole +30 from getting a weapon +5 on a melee weapon isn't worth the risk.

Now as far as Rangers go, I can add 200+ ATP and even more PP to a rifle, making it more then worth the risk.

Hustler_One
Dec 4, 2006, 10:04 PM
On 2006-12-04 19:00, Weakness wrote:
As far as hunters and forces go grinding is pretty worthless. A whole +30 from getting a weapon +5 on a melee weapon isn't worth the risk.

Now as far as Rangers go, I can add 200+ ATP and even more PP to a rifle, making it more then worth the risk.

Do guns really grind that much better than melee weapons? O.o Ive never ground a gun....

Weakness
Dec 4, 2006, 10:08 PM
Yeah, rifles and bows mainly. But handguns and such grind pretty well too.

You can make a C rank weapon almost as strong as an A rank when fully grinded.

Hustler_One
Dec 4, 2006, 10:10 PM
On 2006-12-04 19:08, Weakness wrote:
Yeah, rifles and bows mainly. But handguns and such grind pretty well too.

You can make a C rank weapon almost as strong as an A rank when fully grinded.

............... Im thinking of a certain S rank rifle.... Blackbull already has 800 (Or around that) ATP....

Thats insane.... lol

Weakness
Dec 4, 2006, 10:13 PM
The cheapest GRM rifle you can get from the shop, when grinded to +10, has like 500 ATP lol.

Schubalts
Dec 4, 2006, 10:15 PM
Good luck getting that +10, though.

Weakness
Dec 4, 2006, 10:17 PM
They are cheap, so not like it matters if you break a few.

I usually just get rifles to 5 or 6 and then stop. Lets me skip a new rifle for a while.

Choja
Dec 4, 2006, 10:31 PM
Grind grind grind! Break break break! Thus is the life of a company grinder.
I, however, enjoy breaking my insignificant weaponry! Mainly because I can't afford 6 stars anyways.
Get two weapons, the same, and grind until one of them breaks, then keep the living one. If you get another clone of it, grind that one until it surpasses the first one by one grind, then grind the first one. If it lives, grind third one and see if it lives. If it doesn't, first one stays. If third one lives and first one dies, then keep third one.
First +1 +2 +3 +4 (wait until you get the third one) +5 Break!
Second +1 +2 +3 Break!
Third +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 +6 Keep!
I enjoy my complicated life of having a grinded arsenal (actually, none of my rod weapons are grinded since I don't really have much) and the enjoyment of watching them break. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
Note: The grinders cost more than the one star rifle if you're going to get it to +10. It's like RO, with more angst involved!

-Shimarisu-
Dec 4, 2006, 11:00 PM
Bahaha, forces gain the most productivety wise from grinding.

Hunters are better remaking weapons til they get a high %, then grinding low as damage is already high enough on 40-50%ers.

Rangers are about status effects. If you are worried *primarily* about damage, forget being a ranger. Grinding does not effect chance of status, or ATA. But really grinding is still good, as it helps damage enemies that are only effected much by bullets. And it's really useful on bosses too.

Grinding is least risky for FOs and RAs, because all their weapons are useful. Hunters have to discard/sell crap %s. But good %s do more cumalative damage overall than a high grind. So in terms of usefulness of grinding:

Force weapons>Ranger weapons>Hunter weapons.

DON'T diss the usefulness of grinding a force weapon. The stat gain is really high. You can take a cast FO, and a newman FO, give them the same high grinded weapon and even though the base TP of cast is 1/2 that of newman, the high grinded weaopn will add so much that the % difference between the newman and cast in damage is now a lot less. A grinded force weapon now means anyone can be a respectable force. As grinded ranger weaopn cannot help you if your ATA still sucks. I use grinded wands on my female beast wartecher and it really makes a difference.

Also grinded force weapons realy help hybrid classes. It turns wartecher damage into enough for pure nuking against melee resistant enemies. It turns guntecher resta into a much more useful tool.

Niki
Dec 4, 2006, 11:05 PM
Sorry for bringing up what is probably an answered question, but was it ever conclusively stated whether or not your character's Luck affects grinding? If it does, then I may actually try it one of these days.

DrewSeleski
Dec 4, 2006, 11:10 PM
Yes characters luck affects grinding, by what I would call a large amount too, so it's best to only grind when you hav elevel 3 luck.

Niki
Dec 4, 2006, 11:12 PM
Excellent, thanks.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 4, 2006, 11:18 PM
On 2006-12-04 20:05, Niki wrote:
Sorry for bringing up what is probably an answered question, but was it ever conclusively stated whether or not your character's Luck affects grinding? If it does, then I may actually try it one of these days.

0* Luck C-Grade Weapons.
Grind 1: Guaranteed

3* Luck C-Grade Weapons.
Grind 1: Guaranteed.
Grind 2: Guaranteed
Grind 3: Guaranteed.

0* Luck B-Grade Weapons
Grind 1: Not guaranteed.

3* Luck B-Grade Weapons
Grind 1: Guaranteed.
Grind 2: Guaranteed.
Grind 3-6: Very High with +10

http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Weapon_Grinding

Grinding on any other day but 3* is taking too much of a risk.

PatrickGatsby
Dec 5, 2006, 01:04 AM
Hi everyone... I couldn't believe it when you said you never grind! But I'm a ranger, so I guess it helps me more. For what it's worth, here's what I do... I get a weapon and grind it to +3 (pretty good % even just with one luck) then when I move up to the next weapon rank, I get the new weapon and grind it to 3 (or better yet buy a +3 or greater gun) then wait till I have good luck (+3 hopefully) and grind the lower rank weapons to +6. This way if they break, I've already got a new, better weapon. If they don't then then the +6 weapon makes a great backup to the higher ranked weapon. Example: my Shooter +5 does about 85 dam. to a lvl 15 monster, while my Vullseye +3 does like 105. If I've almost killed a boss with the vullseye when it's pp runs out, I just switch rifles and finish the job.

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 5, 2006, 01:06 AM
Fact: An S rank Grinder +5 will NEVER fail no matter what.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 5, 2006, 01:08 AM
On 2006-12-04 22:06, Jonathan_F wrote:

That's offline mode's fact. But will it work for online as well? o.o

Aaron777
Dec 5, 2006, 01:09 AM
As said before...the horror stories from people grinding A rank items in the future are almost certain, and heaven forbid grinding an S-rank weapon (gasp*)!

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 5, 2006, 01:11 AM
dont think so offline ginrders go to +5 online they go to +10.

even a +10 does not mean it will work 100%

atlest thats how C and B work, I assume 99.9% probability A will be the same way.

Maybe S is diffrent since they are so hard to obtain.. but i doubt it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-12-04 22:12 ]</font>

Lastat27
Dec 5, 2006, 01:15 AM

While that is great "offline" information we are talking about "online" grinding. Online grinders come in a range of 1-10. And even our +10 grinders break like crazy after a weapon gets to +6.

We currently do not have S Ranked Grinders. I'm not sure if we ever will. The only rumors I've heard are that S Ranked weapons cannot be grinded. And that high-grinded A ranked weapons can match thier power.

Question: Has anyone ever used a Grinder B+10 on a C grade weapon? I wonder how much of an impact it makes...

Sychosis
Dec 5, 2006, 01:27 AM
I grind to +2 and stop. I know I should go for more but raising a pure tech PM is so damned expensive. Plus I already close my eyes when going from 1->2.

FenixStryk
Dec 5, 2006, 01:47 AM
Grind 3*, 6*, and 9* weapons, since they're the highest of their rank. I'm personally waiting for a luck 3 day to max out my Lacanata to +10. Can you say, best base Ranger/base Force spear ever?

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 5, 2006, 01:49 AM
lol thats me too, although +2 can be done on a lvl 3 luck day with a no fail chance.

I am also raising a pure tech PM currently lvl 71 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I want to close my eyes more when I pull my hajirods out of synth they are starting to fail more and more the higher lvl my PM gets.

I had all my weapons since lvl 20 somthing, 3 haji +4, 2 cane +4, and a bow. They have served me well.

The big question is, go for Tomioirods and grind them, or go for the 8* meirod after the patch this week?

Sombody told me a tomoi +10 = mei if thats the case the tomoi is probably better since I can make them so much cheaper and grind it to say +8 and then also benifit from the cheaper PP refill cost. But I want a A rank rod so I can have the new model too....

Cant decide :/

FenixStryk
Dec 5, 2006, 01:53 AM
On 2006-12-04 22:49, ViciousXUSMC wrote:The big question is, go for Tomioirods and grind them, or go for the 8* meirod after the patch this week?

Sombody told me a tomoi +10 = mei if thats the case the tomoi is probably better since I can make them so much cheaper and grind it to say +8 and then also benifit from the cheaper PP refill cost. But I want a A rank rod so I can have the new model too....Go for the Meirod. You can grind them, too, so don't forget about Meirod +10s. ;p

hucast21
Dec 5, 2006, 01:57 AM
On 2006-12-04 22:15, Lastat27 wrote:

While that is great "offline" information we are talking about "online" grinding. Online grinders come in a range of 1-10. And even our +10 grinders break like crazy after a weapon gets to +6.

We currently do not have S Ranked Grinders. I'm not sure if we ever will. The only rumors I've heard are that S Ranked weapons cannot be grinded. And that high-grinded A ranked weapons can match thier power.

Question: Has anyone ever used a Grinder B+10 on a C grade weapon? I wonder how much of an impact it makes...

There isn't even Grinder A boards yet in the JP version. For now, finding A-rank grinders in PSU is worthless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-12-04 23:01 ]</font>

PaladinRPG
Dec 5, 2006, 02:17 AM
I never grind any of my hunter weapons past +2. I value their percentages too much to lose them. I also made them msyelf so if they broke I'd be sad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Guns and rods however, I find it much easier to risk, since the payoff can be much greater.

AlMcFly
Dec 5, 2006, 02:49 AM
None of you are alone. I have never once grinded an item. Not even for an experiment.

Remedy
Dec 5, 2006, 02:58 AM
On 2006-12-04 22:53, FenixStryk wrote:
Go for the Meirod. You can grind them, too, so don't forget about Meirod +10s. ;pNot for a while. The Grinder A board isn't even out in Japan yet, so...

AlMcFly
Dec 5, 2006, 03:01 AM
I could be wrong but I have been selling Grinder A boards in my shop. Still 2 left in there. They drop in A rank as rares. Are you referring to something else?

SonicTMP
Dec 5, 2006, 03:02 AM
grind grind grind. Wish i could find a nice female newman to grind my weapon with. Course with human males rarely getting good luck, I don't have a chance. T_T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SonicTMP on 2006-12-05 00:03 ]</font>

Remedy
Dec 5, 2006, 03:11 AM
On 2006-12-05 00:01, McFlyVII wrote:
I could be wrong but I have been selling Grinder A boards in my shop. Still 2 left in there. They drop in A rank as rares. Are you referring to something else?

You're selling BASES. Grinder A BOARDS (I'd use the exact name, but it uses BBcode for open Bold tag) aren't for sale. They aren't even listed on PSU JP Wiki.

At least, I don't think so. *scurries to check that*

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 5, 2006, 03:17 AM
Honestly, After breaking one 5star weapon when starting out i stopped trying past +2

Garnet_Moon
Dec 5, 2006, 03:23 AM
People aren't buying the 5*'s for anything more than 15k anymore. I'm trying to clear my inventory of them all so I decided to stop synthing them alltogether. The ones I had left I Ground to 4/5, and priced them according to elemental %.

10,000 for every incriment of 10 elemental %.
200 for every grind.

That's a damned steal so hopefully they sell. I can't put anything else in my shop until this stuff sells lol. I even lowered my army of Baybari +4's/5's that absolutely REFUSED to sell at 18k all down to 14k. 10k for the star rating, one thousand per grind. If they don't sell now I swear i'm gonna /wrist.

Oddly enough my best money maker now is Hustle Berries(180per), Assorted Berries(25per), Truffles(20per), and Acids(50% npc).

Remedy
Dec 5, 2006, 03:52 AM
Huh.

Berries sell at 25 per, Garnet?

*scurries off to sell about 800 berries*

-Shimarisu-
Dec 6, 2006, 03:53 AM
On 2006-12-04 23:17, PaladinRPG wrote:
I never grind any of my hunter weapons past +2. I value their percentages too much to lose them. I also made them msyelf so if they broke I'd be sad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Guns and rods however, I find it much easier to risk, since the payoff can be much greater.

You are very correct. %s affect overall damage much more than grinding will, so the only weapons you SHOULD grind high are force and ranger weapons.

Mystil
Dec 6, 2006, 05:29 AM
On 2006-12-04 18:55, Hustler_One wrote:
Am I the only person who even thinks twice about grinding? I look at some of these topics (and some players ingame) where people go on about grinding all these rare and expensive weapons really high... Now anser me this, am I, or am I not, the only person who refuses to grind anything past 1 because I dont want my hard earned weapon blowing up on me?

No.

I'm always regretting the day I blew up my 5 star spear.

I grind very rarely as a result.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-06 02:33 ]</font>

lordzanon
Dec 6, 2006, 05:39 AM
On 2006-12-04 20:00, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Rangers are about status effects. If you are worried *primarily* about damage, forget being a ranger. Grinding does not effect chance of status, or ATA. But really grinding is still good, as it helps damage enemies that are only effected much by bullets. And it's really useful on bosses too.

Ill have to disagree here because you missed somthing very important that rangers need also. PP. More pp= more chances of status effects, also it was pointed out how rifles get a huge atp increase.
with our current weps that are out NOW. a reg burza has only 283 atp and 1300+pp. Grinded to 10 thats 489 atp and almost 1700 pp. the risk is worth it and the huge atp upgrade helps get the job done quicker.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 6, 2006, 05:50 AM
And I'd have to disagree also, because I don't give a damn for PP, I just carry lots of weapons

Forces get the most useful gain from grinding. Period. Rangers and forces should grind though, but hunters do not need to. Hunters need high %s over grinding.

Remedy
Dec 6, 2006, 05:54 AM
Meh, our benefit from grinding isn't that great either, Rods don't get that much extra PP along the way, and the TP increase is only about 15% of our overall pool, since a real (read: Newman) Force's TP is really high naturally.

-Ryuki-
Dec 6, 2006, 06:04 AM
I think grinding's kind of stupid, to be honest. I mean really, the most I grind up to is +3, and then I stop. Most of the time, it's +2, but even then, all my current equipment's at neutral level, no grinding at all, and I do just as much damage as the higher levels.

Realmz
Dec 6, 2006, 06:06 AM
I'm one of the people willing to pay for a pre grinded item.

just the other day i got a twin lockgun+5 because it was only 10k and making my own twin beatgun woulda cost about the same amount, and netted me only like five more atp, and not much more PP

-Shimarisu-
Dec 6, 2006, 06:22 AM
On 2006-12-06 02:54, Remedy wrote:
Meh, our benefit from grinding isn't that great either, Rods don't get that much extra PP along the way, and the TP increase is only about 15% of our overall pool, since a real (read: Newman) Force's TP is really high naturally.

Rods are shit though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

15% of overall pool? W'gacan goes from 364 TP to over 500 TP. Now if you're a newman you may SAY that's a minor difference, but consider a non newman FO or a wartecher with the same wand. Their damage is now not much less than yours.

Anyway, rods are really shit, I'll say it again to annoy you further.

Rods suck and grinded Tenora wands>>>>>silly space elf rods.

By the way, you're really annoying. You picked a really annoying post fight with the wrong person, though.

The reason non newmen FOs exist is for much higher HP and def. That can add to your damage, because you can get right in the fray and aim better. I'm absolutely positive I do more total damage than you do, spamming techs from faster, high grinded wands and getting up close to manuever and hit better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-06 03:26 ]</font>

Kanore
Dec 6, 2006, 06:34 AM
On 2006-12-06 03:22, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-12-06 02:54, Remedy wrote:

Rods are shit though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

15% of overall pool? W'gacan goes from 364 TP to over 500 TP. Now if you're a newman you may SAY that's a minor difference, but consider a non newman FO or a wartecher with the same wand. Their damage is now not much less than yours.

Anyway, rods are really shit, I'll say it again to annoy you further.

Rods suck and grinded Tenora wands>>>>>silly space elf rods.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-06 03:26 ]</font>

What in the world do you use Wands for anyway? I considered synthing myself a Wand to put some Resta and Reverser in it, but as I was playing some Grove A last night and ran out of PP near and inside Block 3, I figured it would be kinda useless.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 6, 2006, 06:40 AM
hahahahahahahaha

*deep breath*

hahahahahahahahahaha

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 6, 2006, 06:44 AM
zomg round 2... FIGHT!

Shim carries like 15 weps or somthing so PP is not an issue for him.

I personaly carry just one pallet full 3 rods, 2 wand, 1 bow. works perfectly. I dont want the hassle of swiching weapons on my pallet, and also I get 60/60 items way too often as is last thing I need is 5 more weapons taking space http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But hey thats me, to each his/her own.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 6, 2006, 06:53 AM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/lol25weapons.jpg

Shaidar
Dec 6, 2006, 07:19 AM
I am, sadly, a huge grinding addict. I do my best to have a backup whenever I'm grinding something that I actually need (sometimes I cant hold back and grind anyway though). So far I've broken loads of stuff and wasted cash I would have been better off saving up/spending on something else. So yeah, I'm overdoing it. I love to gamble a bit though.

Even if I fail today there's always a tomorrow. :3

Cry0
Dec 6, 2006, 08:21 AM
On 2006-12-04 18:55, Hustler_One wrote:

nope, I feel exactly the same way. if i find a -very- rare weapon, I'll only grind it if the chances of failure are non-existant. long live grinders s+5