PDA

View Full Version : Odd lag/slowdown

DoubleJG
Dec 5, 2006, 04:27 AM
As many people have experienced since the last major update (for the PC), lag and occasional slowdown has been somewhat an issue. The other day when my Game Gaurd was updated/patched, it seemed to play fine at first, yet today, both my friend and I experience a pretty bad laggish/slowdown during gameplay and battle. Has any other PC players noticed or experienced this today/yesterday?

It was so bad at some points it even made me want to call it a day a whole hour early http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I'm hoping this friday's patch fixes all of this, because otherwise I'll need to find a new way to play.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 5, 2006, 05:12 AM
It could you have been unknowlingly downloaded some new spyware. Its possiblity. i know for a fact that i usually only browse this webite and myspace and i still get at least 10 spyware in the backkground everytime i scan my system every day.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 5, 2006, 05:56 AM
lol myspace... evil place

pkazama
Dec 5, 2006, 06:09 AM
yeah i seemed to have noticed that since yesterday. I thought it was cause i was browsing this site and myspace and clan forum, but it never usually happened. If I restart PSU it usually fixes the problem for a while.

Ogni-XR21
Dec 5, 2006, 06:36 AM
I found it a bit slower yesterday too, and my initial thought was the GG update... Let's hope the next unlock/update will fix the slowdowns in general!

MayLee
Dec 5, 2006, 07:13 AM
It was rediculously slow on the 360, doing a run. took me about a minute to pull out a weapon that almost got me killed a couple times.

RivaOni
Dec 5, 2006, 07:18 AM
Its been a bit slow on PS2 when pulling out weapons for me to be able to shoot, I thnk its a slight problem all-round.

AeraLure
Dec 5, 2006, 08:33 AM
Ever since the GameGuard patch yesterday on the PC I have experienced intermittent lag. In fact it got annoying that I timed it. A little lag wave came approximately every 2 minutes for 5-7 seconds of lag, gameplay lag that caused the mouse pointer to turn into an hourglass. Means its probably an app running every 2 minutes associated with GameGuard that is causing a processor hit? Not really sure, but its darn annoying since it also makes my music player skip and I submitted a tech support issue.

Diablohead
Dec 5, 2006, 02:18 PM
The last update slowed down psu on my pc also, I just switched to compressed textures and it ran fine again although loading between each room has become longer, but not much different to ps2 users.

This was a few weeks back now, its been ok since gameguard patched for me.

Maskim
Dec 5, 2006, 02:34 PM
Game Guard checks itself every few minutes to make sure it is still running. This is a good thing, although a small step, and still an easy one to get around for those who know what they're doing, it would seem the game guard update brought with it an attempt to lower the cheating.

AeraLure
Dec 5, 2006, 02:37 PM
Hmm. If its an easy thing to get around for those who know what they are doing, then why did they even bother? Its the people who know what they are doing who are intent on causing the trouble. The solution needs to be something not easy to get around. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I do agree though. A good thing I suppose as its a step in the right direction and a sign they at least made an attempt and are looking at it.

Carbinne
Dec 5, 2006, 02:40 PM
Gotta get one of those turbo-charged octahedral-pipeline dual SLI mega express PCI with NOX video cards then. Also pick up one of those shiny dual cores and overclock them into insane-o land omegahertz with super burst processing!

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Yeah, the game is generally slowing down a bit of late. Then again my computer is like last last generation parts I think, if not even laster. But I never got to the point where it was really unplayable though. If the game got that bad I'd immediately glance at the taskbar to check if it is the stupid antivirus checker/update which is deciding to be retarded and run during PSU. It usually is, so I just can it and send it back to the corner where it belongs. Maybe you should post your computer's stats.

Asra
Dec 5, 2006, 03:22 PM
phew and i just thought its me... since the gameguard update my game slows down sometimes too. even in story mode :/

DoubleJG
Dec 5, 2006, 03:38 PM
Any PSUJP players experience this as well? After a gamegaurd update I mean.