PDA

View Full Version : What will be the worst grind?

Pandatron
Dec 5, 2006, 09:29 AM
After doing some quick math yesterday and realize it would take from lvl: 50 -> 60 would be the same as going 1-49. I realized that's not a whole lot. Then i looked at mission points for expert classes and it's crazy talk. It's going to require 8 times more points to go from advance class 1 to advance class 10 then it did before (comparing 1000 cumaltive to 8000 cumlative). I'm sure new missions will pay more mission points but that's still quite a bit. Meseta grind on the other hand i think will be easier seeing how the new S rank missions are out and some people are already prepared economically prepared (not to mention hacked meseta incident prior to this but not going there).

So what do you think will be the worst grind 50 -> 60. Expert 1 -> Expert 10 or saving income for grinding, sythning and buying shop items. On a last note i'm actually glad the Expert requirement is so high won't seem like my points will be in vain.

Sychosis
Dec 5, 2006, 09:31 AM
Meseta, you cap at 99999999. And that's without spending anything...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2006-12-05 06:31 ]</font>

AeraLure
Dec 5, 2006, 09:37 AM
I think Mission Points (grinding for Expert levels) will feel like the toughest of those in the poll. Levels 50-->60 simply wont matter as much as they did pre-update imho and we'll all get there sooner or later anyway. Meseta gained through shops, synthing and simply the grinding out of levels and mission points should allow things to be purchased at a reasonable rate. Granted, meseta will always feel needed, but the point is one can do a few runs and/or sell a few things and make a purchase. Expert levels, on the other hand, take an inordinate amount of time to level, especially for those looking at a couple expert classes used on one character. They'll simply feel like they arent moving.

Thing is, the one thing not in the poll is the one that I think probably has the most effect on things and will literally be the toughest as time goes on: PA and tech levelling.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-05 06:38 ]</font>

Cry0
Dec 5, 2006, 09:41 AM
meseta, definately, seeing as you use plenty of it.

rena-ko
Dec 5, 2006, 10:27 AM
i run for meseta these days - and i wish i could sell job exp at the shops >.>

Merumeru
Dec 5, 2006, 11:20 AM
i always tend to have fun going for mission points and experience XD its just that meseta is soo....needed as opposed to the others XP

AeraLure
Dec 5, 2006, 11:24 AM
I may have voted in error in retrospect, since even though job levelling will take quite some time, the activity underpinning most of what I do is meseta grinding. Always needing meseta. Ah well. The thing causing me more concern anyway is all of the PA/tech levelling. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Pandatron
Dec 5, 2006, 11:25 AM
On 2006-12-05 08:24, AeraLure wrote:
I may have voted in error in retrospect, since even though job levelling will take quite some time, the activity underpinning most of what I do is meseta grinding. Always needing meseta. Ah well. The thing causing me more concern anyway is all of the PA/tech levelling. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Agreed i really should have added those options. Almost forgot that i'm going to have to lvl my already max lvl: 20s to 30s now... should be fun though ^_^.

AeraLure
Dec 5, 2006, 11:30 AM
On 2006-12-05 08:25, Pandatron wrote:
Agreed i really should have added those options. Almost forgot that i'm going to have to lvl my already max lvl: 20s to 30s now... should be fun though ^_^.

No biggie. I am more just thinking (typing.. err) outloud. Meseta vs mission points is a really close call. The coming change in prices of current items both in player shops and NPC shops may indeed make meseta the tougher thing. I'm not really finding meseta grinding that big a deal right at the moment. I might sing a different tune if I go break a couple 90k+ things while trying to grind them up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

One nice thing though about the PA/tech levelling will be going from 20-->21. Instant change there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-05 08:34 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Dec 5, 2006, 11:34 AM
Job Rank is the one grind I'm going to feel really compelled to do, largely because it's ProTrancer. I'm content with taking my time on levels and PA. I've got everything I can carry forward to the mid-teens so far except bow at straight 10's, so I'm pretty well-covered in terms of character abilities.

If I was going ForteGunner I think I'd be in a rush to buy up all the new toys instead.

Mystil
Dec 5, 2006, 12:45 PM
On 2006-12-05 07:27, rena-ko wrote:
i run for meseta these days - and i wish i could sell job exp at the shops >.>

LOL! Those juicy MP's are a big tease once you max out on class lvl >.<.

-Crokar-
Dec 5, 2006, 12:49 PM
i have trouble getting and keeping money. im like that guy in pso who likes to buy weapons...

Sexy_Raine
Dec 5, 2006, 12:55 PM
I don't think it's possible to max out meseta.

Akaimizu
Dec 5, 2006, 01:00 PM
Technically, somehow I always find the meseta thing a bit slow being a Ranger, mostly. Even the little bit of time I played as a force, felt like a faster climb to more meseta. This is mainly because I don't sacrifice a decent percentage of all of my intake, just to refill my weapons.

You'd think it would be small; but oddly enough, it's a difference one feels right away.

Anyway, the real Meseta killers, for me, are clothing and/or the Partner Machine. Once my Partner Machine is done, I'll be banking a lot more meseta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-05 10:02 ]</font>

Ronzeru
Dec 5, 2006, 01:08 PM
The mission points will be cake.

-Crokar-
Dec 5, 2006, 01:09 PM
I likke cake

Ronzeru
Dec 5, 2006, 01:10 PM
You'd be crazy if you didn't.

Pandatron
Dec 5, 2006, 01:18 PM
I should have synthed myself a cake for my birthday http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

Ronzeru
Dec 5, 2006, 01:18 PM
And it would of came out as a cookie, that killed people.

Carbinne
Dec 5, 2006, 02:31 PM
My friend said that it took around 50 shots from a rifle to get up 1% from 19->20 with rifle ice bullets. If this pattern continues from 20 to 30 then it is going to be the most awful, boring grind to get to 30.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 5, 2006, 02:39 PM
If you think rifle bullets are slow, then you haven't seen force's barta leveling. Just imagine how long it's going to take to get that to lv 30.

Akaimizu
Dec 5, 2006, 02:40 PM
I always say, it's better not to actively think too hard about just raising bullets. They say a watched pot never boils, and I kind of think this theory applies to bullets. Some of my bullets, that felt like they took the longest, I was looking a bit too closely at the stats.

Firing about 10 million bullets of ordinance just sounds like a very possible and doable feat for a PSU Gun-lover. You'll eventually do that, without thinking. The main thing I look at, is that I start looking at other bullets when I find out that all of a sudden I'm maxed in another one.

But I don't want to feel like I'm purposely weakening myself just to ignore some bullets I maxed, so I try to find places which are good with the new bullets I need to raise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-05 11:40 ]</font>

etlitch
Dec 5, 2006, 02:40 PM
Screw all of those. PAexp must be the most annoying shit to grind, GL getting most those 32 PAs to lv30 before you hit base lvl 70 you advance classers.

Carbinne
Dec 5, 2006, 02:49 PM
I guess so. I just find it annoying that my rather useful twin freeze is capped out, and my useful shotgun shock is capped or close to it, leaving me with ground bullets for my twins and my shotgun. And, well, face it, ground bullets are not nearly as effective or useful as some of the others. I might as well just dump them and pick up ground bullets for the rifle. Grab infect bullets for the mechs. Though there's the possibility they'll get useful later. We'll see.

Akaimizu
Dec 5, 2006, 02:55 PM
I'm hoping. I have a feeling monsters will continue to keep getting devastating techs, in the future. It's why I partially started on Earths now. Now it may or may not pay off in the future, but I figure it'll be easier and less painless to raise earth now than later. Maybe, just maybe, we'll be able to silence with a similar rate of success that some of the monsters get. For instance (Worms seem to have an 85%-90% rate of success for a power-down, if they hit). To stop Megid chucking beasts, in their tracks, would be gleeful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-05 11:59 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Dec 5, 2006, 02:55 PM
Endrum. Great place to level ground. Valley / Mine on Moatoob isn't bad either.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 5, 2006, 02:57 PM
I would say that once Expert classes come out, it will be a hassle to gain End Mission points to level classes quickly. Seeing as though the E-Classes are ghastly to level.

Mystil
Dec 5, 2006, 03:11 PM
On 2006-12-05 11:40, etlitch wrote:
Screw all of those. PAexp must be the most annoying shit to grind, GL getting most those 32 PAs to lv30 before you hit base lvl 70 you advance classers.

I agree with this... GS takes 100,000 years and so does spear. I might strike with 3 basics the 2 of the new ones - depending usefulness with crowd control. Can't be waiting forever for the attack string that gives knockdown effect..

Wheatpenny
Dec 5, 2006, 04:34 PM
You forgot another type of grind that could be the worst. Grinding an A or S rank weapon past one.I mean think about it how bad of a grind would that be if you break it?

Umberger
Dec 5, 2006, 04:42 PM
Last I heard, JP PSU doesn't even have the [B] Grinder A.

I'd imagine there will be one S-Rank/rare A-Rank that everyone finds so much that they'll grind them for the heck of it. Anyone remember finding those 3 canes in PSO? Club of Laconium and such? Yeah, I had atleast 40 of those things.

Gamemako
Dec 5, 2006, 05:15 PM
8000 mission points will take a freaking ETERNITY to attain. Even if you could do VoC and come back around to restart it in 10 minutes (6 runs per hour), it would take you 200 hours to get so many.

GFG.