PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Ageha or Me?

Umberger
Dec 5, 2006, 11:15 AM
Well...as a FOnewearl, I've been contemplating my Me-Senba.

I am wondering what people think is the better armor for a FOnewearl, Ageha-Senba (6 less defense, 2 less evade, 11 more mental strength, head/body/extra slots), or Me-Senba (6 more defense, 2 more evade, 11 less mental strength, head slot).

I'm thinking the Ageha is a better idea, since I already have high evade as a Newearl, and the body slot can have something to boost the defense there so it's maybe even better than the Me-Senba. Also, it has the added bonus of an extra slot for some other units. Geez, the more I write, the more I'm leaning towards the Ageha.

Anyways...does anyone have info on the bonus it gets from "certain throwing blades" if any? The description said it works best with certain throwing blades, and I take that to mean either it or a certain weapon (Cards?) gets a bonus when both are equipped.

Thanks for any help. =)

Sychosis
Dec 5, 2006, 11:17 AM
Ageha. Go buy the unit at the store that raises both defense and evade and it's better in all respects. And after that a Me/HP Restore is icing on the cake.

MayLee
Dec 5, 2006, 11:21 AM
I must get Me/Restore.

Umberger
Dec 5, 2006, 11:27 AM
Yeah I was thinking that...but do you think it'd be a better idea to just wait until the update, when A rank armors come out?

I heard one of the 8* Yohmei armors even has all four slots, and I'd rather not spend 18k when I can get a better armor in 3/4 days.

Sychosis
Dec 5, 2006, 11:28 AM
Depends on how much meseta you have really.

MayLee
Dec 5, 2006, 11:29 AM
I have Hel-type armor..is that bad?

Sychosis
Dec 5, 2006, 11:31 AM
Well...it's not good

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2006-12-05 08:35 ]</font>

MayLee
Dec 5, 2006, 11:33 AM
But it's Cheap..and MayLee is a cheap person! >.<

Sychosis
Dec 5, 2006, 11:37 AM
Cheap eh? How much do you charge per hour?

MayLee
Dec 5, 2006, 11:40 AM
On 2006-12-05 08:37, Sychosis wrote:
Cheap eh? How much do you charge per hour?

5K http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sychosis
Dec 5, 2006, 11:43 AM
That is cheap! What say my room, 10 o'clock-ish?

Time to kill.
Blood to spill.

MayLee
Dec 5, 2006, 11:45 AM
Okay.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

*sharpens Dual Daggers*

JAFO22000
Dec 5, 2006, 11:54 AM
I went for the Ageha also, for the point you just made: the extra slots really allow you to customize the armor how you'd like. Put in a Mega Wall for added defense. Use a Mega Stamina for added STA. Use whatever you want (at least from what's available!)

Also, I would suggest synthing the armor. I made mine with a 30% dark bonus (great for LL runs!)

Lastly, do not, and I repeat, DO NOT waste your money on an HP RESTORE!! I don't know what that other poster was saying, but it's basically a useless item for a Force (esp. newman forces!) All it will do is restore 1% of your HP (which are meager anyway!) every 5 seconds. Will 6 HP every 5 seconds REALLY help you when you have that cane just sitting there with ALL that PP and Resta linked to it???

MayLee
Dec 5, 2006, 11:58 AM
I guess not. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Oh well. Looks like I'm going for a Mega Wall anAgeha stuff.

Umberger
Dec 5, 2006, 11:59 AM
I wasn't planning on getting Me/HP Restore, but in offline, there's a Me/PP restore that makes you restore PP faster, and then ofcourse there's those awesome Whitill Wings that may or may not be introduced online at SOME point.

The extra slot was more of one of those "I don't really need this right now, but why not have one just in case?" kind of things. I already have a Me-Senba, so I think I'm just going to wait for the update and get an armor better than Me/Ageha. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MayLee
Dec 5, 2006, 12:00 PM
I could use a Me/ PP restore.

JAFO22000
Dec 5, 2006, 12:01 PM
What level are you, though? Make sure you can equip the armor before purchasing!

Sychosis
Dec 5, 2006, 12:01 PM
6 HP / 5 seconds x 1800 seconds per mission = 2160 HP.

Me/HP Restore saved my scape in Desert Terror A (I think that was where we were). I got hit around, a lot, and came out with 6 HP. 6 more HP than I would have had without it.

MayLee
Dec 5, 2006, 12:04 PM
On 2006-12-05 09:01, JAFO22000 wrote:
What level are you, though? Make sure you can equip the armor before purchasing!

I'm level 23 but I never knew there was a PP Restore armor online.

Sychosis
Dec 5, 2006, 12:06 PM
On 2006-12-05 09:04, MayLee wrote:

I'm level 23 but I never knew there was a PP Restore armor online.

There isn't. Not yet anyway.

JAFO22000
Dec 5, 2006, 12:08 PM
So, you saved one scape doll with the item?? Wow, that's worth it!!! I'm going to get one today!!

MayLee
Dec 5, 2006, 12:11 PM
C'mon people, deep breath.

JAFO22000
Dec 5, 2006, 12:12 PM
ME/HP Restore:Force::ME/Quick:Hunter

Sychosis
Dec 5, 2006, 12:24 PM
On 2006-12-05 09:11, MayLee wrote:
C'mon people, deep breath.

You're right. It isn't worth it.

Mewn
Dec 5, 2006, 12:32 PM
Anyways...does anyone have info on the bonus it gets from "certain throwing blades" if any? The description said it works best with certain throwing blades, and I take that to mean either it or a certain weapon (Cards?) gets a bonus when both are equipped.
Ageha-senba makes a set with the card type weapon Ageha-Kikami.

Not totally sure of this, but I believe it increases Ageha-Kikami's Att. and Acc. by 25% and Ageha-senba's Def. by 25% as well.

ABDUR101
Dec 5, 2006, 12:39 PM
As a CAST, online you're better off with your SUV weapon unless they release something like a decent PP regen slot item.

As for the A-rank armors though, what will they be costing in-stores? What do they cost on the JP server in stores? Preferably one with atleast an Extra slot? I'm seeing Terolines which are still B-rank selling for 210k, and the boards for 50k, so what are the prices of in-store A-rank armors going to be like?(There will be A-rank armors and weapons in-stores...right, or no?)

As it stands, whats the use of blowing 210k on B-rank items if you're going to outgrow it in short order? As well, if thats the kind of jump thats being made from armor to armor(I have a Megaline, the next step would be a Gigaline, and then a Teroline, based on slot types), how's everyone going to keep up with making enough quid to buy what they need before it's time to buy the next tier of what they are capable of equipping?(i.e. using megaline armor when you should be using Teroline, using B-rank weapons when you should be using A-rank, etc).

It's a tad frustrating to think these trends will continue in-game I guess.

KirinDave
Dec 5, 2006, 01:52 PM
An Ageha-Senba with a high-end evasion unit or a Mega/Wall is superior to the Me-senba in every way, still has room for extra units and a head slot, and you can carry the stat benefits on to your next armor.

I am not sure why Me-senbas even exist. The neudaiz armor lines are strange.

Alpha-Hunter
Dec 5, 2006, 01:52 PM
new armor is like 3-4 times the shop meseta as the stuff now right? update or not unless you have a ton of meseta you'll have to make your upgrades in steps. if you're talking about these armors as options then you might not be ready for the newer stuff just yet. my lv 39 have a gigaline and won't be getting anything better for a while. hopefully we'll both luck up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif