PDA

View Full Version : Weird Bug

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 5, 2006, 02:44 PM
So today I was questing with a friend in Desert Terror and suddenly she was being attacked by an invisible enemy, getting killed, but there literally was no enemy. We went and beat the boss after running away, and got an S rank, having not missed any enemies. THEN she randomly got healed and she had no healing items left. Anyone have any ideas?

THE JACKEL

Gazette
Dec 5, 2006, 02:47 PM
Lag spike was the cause.
---
Let me elaborate, my friend uses 56k,
Often times he'll make an action and the server will read it a while after he actually did it.

At times he's fought an invisible enemy only to die.
Or like you said, use a mate and have it take effect moments after.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-12-05 11:49 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 5, 2006, 02:49 PM
Happens alot. The game has a client-sided enemy spawn.

It sometimes has the ability to "bug" for one client whilest the other players have already defeated the enemy.

You just have to "ignore" that monster since it's bugged for one player only. *All the other players have cleared the area but the only one person is seeing the "bugged monster"*

Just ignore the monster... Like say run far away. When you come back, the enemy should have disappeared, meaning the problem~fixed.

````````````Also the healing was probably due to lag. Someone in your team was probably having lag issues.

*Note for amusment...: This feels like .Hack... A bugged monster that's undefeateable... But you can ignore him :3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-05 11:55 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 5, 2006, 02:49 PM
she literally saw no monster, they had all been killed, but I did tell her to run away and that seemed to fix it

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2006-12-05 11:50 ]</font>

Gazette
Dec 5, 2006, 02:52 PM
Just remember if you aren't doing damage to an enemy,
Meaning no numbers show up, your client is probably trying to catch up with everyone elses'.

Just back off and wait the spike out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-12-05 11:53 ]</font>

Ryoten
Dec 5, 2006, 02:55 PM
Kind of like when I was fightin a koltava that I couldn't kill. Only to find out that was some type of 'ghost'.

Randomness
Dec 5, 2006, 03:12 PM
On 2006-12-05 11:55, Ryoten wrote:
Kind of like when I was fightin a koltava that I couldn't kill. Only to find out that was some type of 'ghost'.

I've seen those. Once.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 5, 2006, 04:39 PM
On 2006-12-05 11:49, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

*Note for amusment...: This feels like .Hack... A bugged monster that's undefeateable... But you can ignore him :3

Quick... data drain it!

This happened quite a bit on the 360 beta so just walk away and the problem will be fixed.